8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 42.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Have you played either game? Extensively? Serious question.

No just responding to the often used Stern fans that GnR’s is just a box of lights.

#1752 3 years ago

I thought that was what jjp boys said about star wars?

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No just responding to the often used Stern fans that GnR’s is just a box of lights.

So you've played neither game, but posted 140 posts in a single thread that compares two games? Maybe you should lead with that (I've never played either but I'm a fanboy trying to sound like an expert). I realize pinside chases away most people that actually play pinball (due to the noise vs. signal ratio), but man it's gotten way worse lately. Nothing of substance. Enjoy your podcasts, I'm gonna go play some pinball......

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nope it’s wonderful. Love it.

Is it, seriously? Can it be turned down? It seems odd to be in a pin for a hard rock band.

#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

So you've played neither game, but posted 140 posts in a single thread that compares two games? Maybe you should lead with that (I've never played either but I'm a fanboy trying to sound like an expert). I realize pinside chases away most people that actually play pinball (due to the noise vs. signal ratio), but man it's gotten way worse lately. Nothing of substance. Enjoy your podcasts, I'm gonna go play some pinball......

The majority of my post were referring how GnR was so much better in the artwork department which has become an accepted moot point after a long period of denial.
I’ve never claimed to play either game but like Tommy’s dad said
You don’t have to stick your head up a bulls ass to see if it’s a good steak I’d rather just take the opinion of folks I trust that have played both.

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Is it, seriously? Can it be turned down? It seems odd to be in a pin for a hard rock band.

Not sure. I have played my friends LE and it does no bother me. I’m getting my CE tomorrow so I can let you know. When are you getting your GNR?

#1757 3 years ago

I was just thinking, imagine if JJP pulled this off with Led Zeppelin, signed drum sticks from Jason Bonham... Card signed with the rest of the band. They could have easily have made 1000 Ce's and they would have sold out in seconds. What a epic fail from stern. Huge opportunity wasted.

#1758 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I was just thinking, imagine if JJP pulled this off with Led Zeppelin, signed drum sticks from Jason Bonham... Card signed with the rest of the band. They could have easily have made 1000 Ce's and they would be sold out in seconds. What a epic fail from stern. Huge opportunity wasted.

Wrong..Jason isn’t a member of LZ so not worth shit.

Now if you can figure a way to have John sign them you would have something.

#1759 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I was just thinking, imagine if JJP pulled this off with Led Zeppelin, signed drum sticks from Jason Bonham... Card signed with the rest of the band. They could have easily have made 1000 Ce's and they would have sold out in seconds. What a epic fail from stern. Huge opportunity wasted.

This really consumes your every waking moment, doesn't it? I'm getting the damn game and I still find time to have a life.

#1760 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This really consumes your every waking moment, doesn't it? I'm getting the damn game and I still find time to have a life.

What else do you do in Canada?

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Seriously, how bout get a fucking life. L

#1762 3 years ago

( Lamberger thinks of a witty retort...)

( thechakapakuni searches frantically for a witty meme...)

#1763 3 years ago

You guys crack me up

#1764 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You guys crack me up

Lol

#1765 3 years ago

No Witty comeback..Whatever, the potential was so huge... Having a hard time getting over what Gary decided to do here.. I was really looking forward to this theme, I'm still in shock I guess. Just can't believe it.

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Whatever, the potential was so huge... Having a hard time getting over what Gary decided to do here.. I was really looking forward to this theme, I'm still in shock I guess. Just can't believe it.

You have issues if a toy gets you this psychotic.

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

You have issues if a toy gets you this psychotic.

Thanks for the advice Doc. Just gonna mod another game to become Zeppelin... This band deserves nothing but the best.

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Whatever, the potential was so huge... Having a hard time getting over what Gary decided to do here.. I was really looking forward to this theme, I'm still in shock I guess. Just can't believe it.

Its been said repeatedly that zeppelin gave stern certain assets to work with. There was no phoning it in. Look at lz compared to gnr. Black and white vs hair band glam. Lz signed off on all the art and stairway was a no go from the start. Lz protects their assets like no other. Gnr is beautiful for sure, If it plays well, I will look into buying.

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its been said repeatedly that zeppelin gave stern certain assets to work with. There was no phoning it in. Look at lz compared to gnr. Black and white vs hair band glam. Lz signed off on all the art and stairway was a no go from the start. Lz protects their assets like no other. Gnr is beautiful for sure, If it plays well, I will look into buying.

I heard threw workers at stern Steve had 6 designs... this one was the cheapest to make. Is what it is now.

#1770 3 years ago

Could be. Im just going by the things I've listened to or read,,,,, not on pinside. But I doubt it

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I heard threw workers at stern Steve had 6 designs... this one was the cheapest to make.

Unless you have names or proof it’s nothing more than straw man talk.

LZ is one that doesn’t license very much unlike some others that are whores for $$$ and the stuff they do license is in the game art in one way or another.

It is what is is and I’m appreciative of what we got as a fan of the band.

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Seriously, how bout get a fucking life. L

Shit, you have both Beatles and LZLE.. I now understand why your so pissed at me, my bad... Who cares what people think, you love ur shit... That's cool.
It's just my own opinion which doesn't matter.

#1773 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Shit, you have have both Beatles and LZLE.. I now understand why your so pissed at me, my bad... Who cares what people think, you love ur shit... That's cool.
It's just my own opinion which doesn't matter.

I’m not pissed one bit

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m not pissed one bit

I can feel a strangle coming on, stop it. Haha!

#1775 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m not pissed one bit

You’ll really enjoy ripping the spinners on this one like Beatles. It was the highlight of the pro for me.

#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

LZ is one that doesn’t license very much unlike some others that are whores for $$$ and the stuff they do license is in the game art in one way or another.

One person said I can pass out his name that works at stern, A. Nelprober... I'll let him know your looking for him.
Hope he doesn't get fired now, that would suck

#1777 3 years ago

Omg. All this time I thought you were at least 15, I see now 12 yrs old max

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Omg. All this time I thought you were at least 15, I see now 12 yrs old max

Leave Vino alone. He loves spinners. Chill

#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s a shame that the licensing folks for Zeppelin wouldn’t let them be more creative with their property.
But calling Slash and GnR properties money whores is not very fair.In other words that statement is bullshit.The reason this pin has so much authenticity is Slash loves pinball!Can you imagine the coolest pinball machine ever with you in the credits and born from your band!
I would be proud!

#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Like the whores??? I'm sorry, I'll be the one to say it..... you'll never run any business. Prove me wrong

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s a shame that the licensing folks for Zeppelin wouldn’t let them be more creative with their property.
But calling Slash and GnR properties money whores is not very fair.In other words that statement is bullshit.The reason this pin has so much authenticity is Slash loves pinball!Can you imagine the coolest pinball machine ever with you in the credits and born from your band!
I would be proud!

Huh? Didn’t say anything about GNR or Slash in my post or even a pinball mfg, it was more of a shot at bands like the Beatles who license just about any kind of merchandise from underwear to lamps, jukeboxes, lunchboxes etc... I can go on and on. LZ just doesn’t do that with their brand.

Some of you guys really jump to some crazy conclusions and twist words.

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure. I have played my friends LE and it does no bother me. I’m getting my CE tomorrow so I can let you know. When are you getting your GNR?

Nice! They requested full payment for mine, haven’t heard anything else.

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Nice! They requested full payment for mine, haven’t heard anything else.

Then it’s coming soon. I should have mine within 2 hours.

#1784 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Huh? Didn’t say anything about GNR or Slash in my post or even a pinball mfg, it was more of a shot at bands like the Beatles who license just about any kind of merchandise from underwear to lamps, jukeboxes, lunchboxes etc... I can go on and on. LZ just doesn’t do that with their brand.
Some of you guys really jump to some crazy conclusions and twist words.

Your kidding. Right?

#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your kidding. Right?

#1786 3 years ago

I wonder what this treatment of a franschise does to the ability to get new themes/franchiseholder onboard?

If i was a franschiseholder an saw lz next to gnr, i know which company i would have choosen.
Even if pinball is a small thing theese days, it's still important to get good representation.

I showed the jukebox samples that was posted in the gnr thread and most at my work were amazed/mezmerized. When you get ladies in their 30-50 look impressed with a 8k$ mantoy, you've really achieved 5 stars.

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I wonder what this treatment of a franschise does to the ability to get new themes/franchiseholder onboard?
If i was a franschiseholder an saw lz next to gnr, i know which company i would have choosen.
Even if pinball is a small thing theese days, it's still important to get good representation.
I showed the jukebox samples that was posted in the gnr thread and most at my work were amazed/mezmerized. When you get ladies in their 30-50 look impressed with a 8k$ mantoy, you've really achieved 5 stars.

From a business point of view , I don't get why a band wouldn't get right behind a project like this .
Such a good way to introduce your music to a new audience . Especially when your glory days were so long ago .

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

that's the joke, the greatest band ever gets the shittiest stern design ever (except for Beatles).

Rolling Stones holds that title...by a MILE.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

A jukebox with flippers.

Stern has hired Jimmy Page to try and sell the LZ Jukebox LE

7DE4A828-ECB0-4D9F-944B-1B8175EC1847 (resized).jpeg7DE4A828-ECB0-4D9F-944B-1B8175EC1847 (resized).jpeg
#1790 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I would be proud!

I don’t understand why so many people think that EVERYONE wants packed playfields and lots of toys in their pins? I would agree that most do, but some prefer a better shooting pin with more flow. You can have toys, and you can have flow, but you really can’t have both without there being at least some trade off to the other.

LZ Pro shoots 1000x better than GNR LE.
GNR LE is 1000x more interesting than LZ Pro.

Now choose which of the above is more important to you and stop bashing those that choose the other.

P.s. I‘be played them both on multiple occasions now, and have over 20 games on each.

#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I don’t understand why so many people think that EVERYONE wants packed playfields and lots of toys in their pins? I would agree that most do, but some prefer a better shooting pin with more flow. You can have toys, and you can have flow, but you really can’t have both without there being at least some trade off to the other.
GNR LE is 1000x more interesting than LZ Pro.
Now choose which of the above is more important to you and stop bashing those that choose the other.
P.s. I‘be played them both on multiple occasions now, and have over 20 games on each.

I choose GNRSE, GNRLE & GNRCE. Have a good day!

#1792 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

What? With no repeatable Right orbit and upper flipper loop shots?

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

What? With no repeatable Right orbit and upper flipper loop shots?

I actually hate the upper flipper and bridge to nowhere shot on the Pro. But even with that being my opinion, it still shoots 1000x better than GNR.

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I choose GNRSE, GNRLE & GNRCE. Have a good day!

Which is totally fine. You are allowed to prefer packed playfields over better flow.

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Which is totally fine. You are allowed to prefer packed playfields over better flow.

How about decent playfield,cabinet and translite artwork?Come on man you just keep screaming flow like Carrie in the shower after gym class

#1796 3 years ago

Quoted from romulusx:How about decent playfield,cabinet and translite artwork?Come on man you just keep screaming flow like Carrie in the shower after gym class

Which game did you order?

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How about decent playfield,cabinet and translite artwork?Come on man you just keep screaming flow like Carrie in the shower after gym class

I guess I was just assuming all would agree that things like artwork are highly subjective aspects of the game to which people may have a difference of opinion? If you love the look of one versus the other, great. I wasn't taking a position on that as everyone can see the photos of the games and judge for themselves, but most have not played either or both of them so my focus was on gameplay.

Not sure what you are so defensive about? I have rated both games and rate GNR LE an 8.5 and LZ Pro an 8.0.

That doesn't change the fact that LZ Pro shoots better. If you disagree, its either because you haven't played them or you are in denial.

#1798 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I guess I was just assuming all would agree that things like artwork are highly subjective aspects of the game to which people may have a difference of opinion? If you love the look of one versus the other, great. I wasn't taking a position on that as everyone can see the photos of the games and judge for themselves, but most have not played either or both of them so my focus was on gameplay.
Not sure what you are so defensive about? I have rated both games and rate GNR LE an 8.5 and LZ Pro an 8.0.
That doesn't change the fact that LZ Pro shoots better. If you disagree, its either because you haven't played them or you are in denial.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Which game did you order?

I will definitely be getting a GnR LE as soon as they start back on production line

#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I will definitely be getting a GnR LE as soon as they start back on production line

I'm sorry.

#1800 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Enjoy your LZ I couldn’t convince you that the sun was shining here today if your were standing here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/36?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.