8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 42.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

JJP is ten years old stop acting as if they are a startup

JJP is a new company in some respects!Brett is taken them in a new direction of continuing quality and profit.Move to Chicago area closer to the suppliers and centrally located.Unleash the beast that GnR is and follow with knock out Toy Story with first three movies toys and artwork.Another 500 CE’s sold out and then a surprise title for once

#1702 3 years ago

Wish I was in business 10 years before I was concerned about being profitable

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wish I was in business 10 years before I was concerned about being profitable

The owners made statements saying there had been profits , they were looking to grow of course.

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Stern doesn't really care, because games keep selling.....JJP on the other hand still has to prove their worth, and start making money....the bottom line is JJP is really motivated to knock it out of the park.....Stern on the other hand is fine with getting on base.

I think LZ is a location pin with no locations. The stern factory line is working on the next title, if not right now.. very soon.

#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I think LZ is a location pin with no locations. The stern factory line is working on the next title, if not right now.. very soon.

This is true. They'll start building the next title in about 2-3 months. Don't care as long as they make my LZLE first.

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is true. They'll start building the next title in about 2-3 months. Don't care as long as they make my LZLE first.

If anything has come out of this thread I’m still not interested in buying a LZ but I’m sure listening to their library of songs.Still the greatest rock band of all time!

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm sure you meant 2-3 days, corrected it for ya

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP is a new company

#1709 3 years ago

Is nobody else bothered by the key board sounds in GnR? From the videos I’ve seen, it seems ubiquitous. It reminds me of Wonka.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Is nobody else bothered by the key board sounds in GnR? From the videos I’ve seen, it seems ubiquitous. It reminds me of Wonka.

Nope it’s wonderful. Love it.

#1712 3 years ago

JY64 is taking my statement about JJP out of context

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

That is an awesome collection of rock pins! Which is your favorite/which one do you play the most?

That's like trying to pick a favorite child. They're all great in their own way. Most addictive play would be Beatles (anyone who rags on Beatles has absolutely no business critiquing pins!). Best game to play in a group over beers - Heavy Metal Meltdown, Best game for competitive league play - Wizard (not shown). Best game to hone skills - Alice Cooper. Best Overall - Iron Maiden and a close second is Kiss. Best game to make you smile - Disco Fever (modified with music, currently with LZ tunes on it). Most underrated Aerosmith. Best toy- Tommy (not shown). Best game to stare and admire - Capt. Fantastic. My favorite restoration game- Bally Rolling Stones. Most played game by me and when i host NEPL nights would have to be Beatles. Best shooter- AC/DC. Best "moments" - Monsterbash (not shown and yes- i consider it a music pin). Best callouts/sounds - Metallica. Best game to piss people off - Nugent. I'm guessing LZ might end up being the best shooter and Best spinner (will be tough to beat Beatles on that one). GNR looks to have the best light show (i do have serious concerns of it being too blinding)

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I couldn't agree more .... I actually think JJP pins are better suited for the home market

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Most addictive play would be Beatles (anyone who rags on Beatles has absolutely no business critiquing pins!)

Cheaper to play Seawitch and put on some Beatles. Nicer to look at as well.

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Cheaper to play Seawitch and put on some Beatles.

Nah, they play very different from one another.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Nah, they play very different from one another.

well I'm glad you agree that it's nicer to look at.

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Cheaper to play Seawitch and put on some Beatles. Nicer to look at as well.

You know- you're right. How can anyone even come close to having your breadth of pinball proficiency and flipper finesse? You're insights on what makes for a great game is second to none. Thanks for being the shiny star in this hobby and making Pinside a better place.

#1719 3 years ago

You know- you're right. How can anyone even come close to having your breadth of pinball proficiency and flipper finesse? You're insights on what makes for a great game is second to none. Thanks for being the shiny star in this hobby and making Pinside a better place.

Aww, thanks man! Fist pump, beers and cheers!
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108726

#1720 3 years ago

#1721 3 years ago

beelzeboob, How you liking your Beatles game? Oh, that's right...u bailed for the same reasons. Lmao!

#1722 3 years ago

Cary Hardy just posted a reveiw of LZ pro on You Tube!A jukebox with flippers. Wow

#1723 3 years ago

Who is Cary Hardy?

#1725 3 years ago

I think that Guns n Roses seems to be a more impressive pin, it just seems to be a complete package, from the artwork, to the licensing, to the Audio/Video Assets, to the lighting. I'm sure Led Zeppelin is entertaining, but GnR has just seems to be an experience.

#1728 3 years ago

Yepp, A location pin with zero locations right now. The Zeppelin officially crashed and burned! Maybe that's what Gary was going for, a metaphor. Genius!
Put on some Led Zeppelin and play any game you want.

#1729 3 years ago

Or, enjoy what you have and don't feel the need to trash others.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm only trashing on Gary Stern for ripping us off on an epic License.

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who is Cary Hardy?

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wouldn't say you are epicly trashing Cary Hardy here, but either you genuinely clueless about him and couldn't be arsed to do even a google search, or you are not exactly Mr. Positive yourself. Clueless or a meanie, which is it my man?

#1732 3 years ago

Clueless i guess. Just because I like to form my own opinions. I do agree that lz is stripped down, but if you read beyond pinball, zeppelin controls their assets harder than any other band on the planet. Makes no sense to me but apparently they don't want to make more money. I wish lz would of looked more like gnr or jp, but a change of pace will be good too. I guess I don't get the relentless bashing and ruining other peoples fun. I ordered a lz le and will enjoy the hell out of it. Enjoy your gnr, they are beautiful for sure

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Clueless i guess. Just because I like to form my own opinions. I do agree that lz is stripped down, but if you read beyond pinball, zeppelin controls their assets harder than any other band on the planet. Makes no sense to me but apparently they don't want to make more money. I wish lz would of looked more like gnr or jp, but a change of pace will be good too. I guess I don't get the relentless bashing and ruining other peoples fun. I ordered a lz le and will enjoy the hell out of it. Enjoy your gnr, they are beautiful for sure

Gary could have easily thrown another $1k of upgrades at this game without changing any license agreements. But why would he? Your still gonna buy it.

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I don't have either on order, but admit if I had to pick one to check out it would be GNR. I am always open to being wrong; to me LZ seems like a decent Stern effort from ~2009. Iron Man Era. And I love Iron Man, I have owned one since 2010. But its 2021, it is okay to want something fresher tasting .

And nice that there are several options; heck as I noted previously there will be a few buyers for whom Heavy Metal is the right choice.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think your friend Pinmister named his thread GnR vs LZ?

#1736 3 years ago

Its been documented that lz said stairway was off the table. Direct quote from game designer. Believe me, as much as it does not translate to pinball I was bummed too that it wasn't there

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think your friend Pinmister named hai thread GnR vs LZ?

You just never let up do ya? . I know its most all in fun, but dont understand the continually bashing from both sides. I was looking at gnr too and for how I like to play, it didn't suit my style. I've yet to play obviously, and hoping my impressions were wrong. I like faster longer shooting games, ehoh, met etc. Gnr is amazing to look at and I do look forward to playing it as soon as. Are we good?

#1738 3 years ago

And I do know who Hardy is, I dont watch a lot of YouTube, but prefer the more optimistic approach of deadflip , or sdtm. I know hardy has a diff approach

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And I do know who Hardy is, I dont watch a lot of YouTube, but prefer the more optimistic approach of deadflip , or sdtm. I know hardy has a diff approach

You need to watch hardy. He calls it like he sees it. Bad or good to each company. Deadflip on the other hand while I like Jack Danger does lean favoritism towards Stern. Just the way it is.

#1740 3 years ago

Of course jd leans towards stern. But, watch him play any game, any era, and he's havin fun. I don't know if he can stream a gnr or not, with his stern relationship but woukd be cool to see

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Of course jd leans towards stern. But, watch him play any game, any era, and he's havin fun. I don't know if he can stream a gnr or not, with his stern relationship but woukd be cool to see

Exactly my point. Watch Cary Hardy. He’s not bias! Fair and square across the board.

#1742 3 years ago

Probably so, but he's more of a negative reviewer/comedian type. Don't take that wrong. His style is different. Im more of an optimist( have to be to farm for a living) than a pessimist so maybe that's why I differ on his views. Just my opinion tho,

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Probably so, but he's more of a negative reviewer/comedian type. Don't take that wrong. His style is different. Im more of an optimist( have to be to farm for a living) than a pessimist so maybe that's why I differ on his views. Just my opinion tho,

Do you have a podcast or channel we can view?

#1744 3 years ago

A jukebox with flippers.

#1745 3 years ago

Ok. You guys win. Congrats

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ok. You guys win. Congrats

About time. You have seen the light. Praise Jesus!

#1747 3 years ago

Haha, good discussion is great, I just get tired of negativity. Enjoy that ce. Its gorgeous!

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha, good discussion is great, I just get tired of negativity. Enjoy that ce. Its gorgeous!

Mine is being delivered tomorrow and I’m off from work. Can’t wait!

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

A jukebox with flippers.

Have you played either game? Extensively? Serious question.

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Have you played either game? Extensively? Serious question.

He was just repeating what was said in the Cary review.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/35?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.