8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.
#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Saying that the value is not there on LE or CE games is a joke people pay for the small run they are not paying for the game

This is where I get lost. I dont care if there are 5 of them, if there are no REAL additions to the game play... MYSELF personally don't care how rare something is. Case in point, BBB is a no fun at all... Ill pass.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

This is where I get lost. I dont care if there are 5 of them, if there are no REAL additions to the game play... MYSELF personally don't care how rare something is. Case in point, BBB is a no fun at all... Ill pass.

I'm the same way...that's why my only LE is Tron LE...the king of LE's! Pre-Premium. I much prefer the GNR LE art package over the CE.

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm the same way...that's why my only LE is Tron LE...the king of LE's! Pre-Premium. I much prefer the GNR LE art package over the CE.

I thought I preferred the GnR LE too until people started posting pics of the CE’s unboxed.Damn that pin is badass!

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:I thought I preferred the GnR LE too until people started posting pics of the CE’s unboxed.Damn that pin is badass!

It is badass, I just cant justify the price.... I had to stop somewhere...

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I agree BBB is pretty but not all that. As for over paying for small runs I will never understand but than again there are people spending $10,000+on large runs LOL

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I agree BBB is pretty but not all that. As for over paying for small runs I will never understand but than again there are people spending $10,000+on large runs LOL

You want to talk about over paying, how about the GB topper that sold on here yesterday for $2500. Crazy shit.

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You want to talk about over paying, how about the GB topper that sold on here yesterday for $2500. Crazy shit.

#1658 3 years ago

Just left the arcade. LZ pro and GNR LE. I played both for over a hour. LZ was the better shooter and more enjoyable. I was surprised and looking forward to playing a premium soon.

#1659 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just left the arcade. LZ pro and GNR LE. I played both for over a hour. LZ was the better shooter and more enjoyable. I was surprised and looking forward to playing a premium soon.

sort of what i figured

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just helped a friend unbox his CE. He also has a LE. The CE is stunning. LE is beautiful but it’s no CE. I have seen both side by side.

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just helped a friend unbox his CE. He also has a LE. The CE is stunning. LE is beautiful but it’s no CE. I have seen both side by side.

Wow...is your friend Slash With all the folks waiting for games, pretty decadent that you know someone with both! Glad to hear the CE is awesome in person. So fed up with "meh" low/no value Stern LE's...

#1662 3 years ago

Initial thoughts:

It's a little early for a fair comparison of these games due to incomplete code on both. GNR code feels a bit further along than LZ at this point. I only played the pro LZ and the LE of GNR so that's also not a fair fight. So a few pros and cons of each so far imo:

GNR:
Pros...beautiful playfield, cabinet, light show, theme integration, risk vs. reward aspect of rules, great video and song assets.
Cons...too multiball heavy (reducing the helper mode multiballs would help), bad plunger shot that dribbles to right slingshot, JJP flippers. Also, newer players have trouble knowing what to shoot for and why. JJP games have great lights, but when they are all on and changing colors, it's hard to tell someone "hit the lit shot", so it becomes a flail fest for this type of player.

Zep:
Pros...fast action, snappy flippers, good flow, good pf layout.
Cons...rules need more love, pro playfield is sparse, theme integration isn't fully developed, feels similar to many other games (lack of uniqueness).

These two are very different games and it's going to be a matter of which game style you prefer as to which you'll like better. Collectors will lean more towards GNR and tournament players more towards LZ I would guess. Many people are a little of each (players and collectors/enthusiasts) so they should get both!

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Quoted from DrJoe:

Initial thoughts:
It's a little early for a fair comparison of these games due to incomplete code on both. GNR code feels a bit further along than LZ at this point. I only played the pro LZ and the LE of GNR so that's also not a fair fight. So a few pros and cons of each so far imo:
GNR:
Pros...beautiful playfield, cabinet, light show, theme integration, risk vs. reward aspect of rules.
Cons...way too multiball heavy (killing the helper mode multiballs would help), horrible plunger shot that dribbles to right slingshot, JJP flippers.
Zep:
Cons...rules need more love, pro playfield is sparse, theme integration isn't fully developed.
These two are very different games and it's going to be a matter of which game style you prefer as to which you'll like better. Collectors will lean more towards GNR and tournament players more towards LZ I would guess. Many people are a little of each (players and collectors/enthusiasts) so they should get both!

Which one would you buy if you could only have one?

#1664 3 years ago

On GNR, when you started a song, what were your song levels generally at?

Quoted from DrJoe:

Initial thoughts:
GNR:
Pros...beautiful playfield, cabinet, light show, theme integration, risk vs. reward aspect of rules.
Cons...way too multiball heavy (killing the helper mode multiballs would help), horrible plunger shot that dribbles to right slingshot, JJP flippers.
Zep:
Cons...rules need more love, pro playfield is sparse, theme integration isn't fully developed.

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Which one would you buy if you could only have one?

I’ll need to play LZ premium/LE before I can have an opinion. I own GNR LE and have a Zep premium on order.

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

On GNR, when you started a song, what were your song levels generally at?

I’ve played GNR a bunch (I own the LE) so I’ve qualified songs at all levels. The song multiball is cool and necessary, with good rules (risk/reward of continuing vs. cashing out and the power chord ball locks), but the supporting modes (lights, pyro, etc) are all multiball modes too, two of which are started by hitting a single target. This can drop you into multiball in the first few seconds of play, and you can then roll through qualifying the band members (while in multiball) and have the song ready for when you’re down to one ball, only to hit the scoop and start the long song multiball. Very fun game but you need to love multiball.

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I’ve played GNR a bunch (I own the LE) so I’ve qualified songs at all levels. The song multiball is cool and necessary, with good rules (risk/reward of continuing vs. cashing out and the power chord ball locks), but the supporting modes (lights, pyro, etc) are all multiball modes too, two of which are started by hitting a single target. This can drop you into multiball in the first few seconds of play, and you can then roll through qualifying the band members (while in multiball) and have the song ready for when you’re down to one ball, only to hit the scoop and start the long song multiball. Very fun game but you need to love multiball.

My guess is the heavy emphasis on multi-ball was very intentional as the chaos makes the game have a rock and roll feel to it. Also, maybe Slash loves multi-ball (who doesn’t) so it was loaded up with multi-ball modes?

I think it is really “fun” especially for novice players, but good players will not enjoy it over time because it doesn’t test shotmaking enough (although if it is part of a collection, that variety could be a plus too).

P.s. I love the variable ball lock on the guitar head. Really cool idea and works well, but specially with the light inserts on the head.

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

My guess is the heavy emphasis on multi-ball was very intentional as the chaos makes the game have a rock and roll feel to it. Also, maybe Slash loves multi-ball (who doesn’t) so it was loaded up with multi-ball modes?
I think it is really “fun” especially for novice players, but good players will not enjoy it over time because it doesn’t test shotmaking enough (although if it is part of a collection, that variety could be a plus too).
P.s. I love the variable ball lock on the guitar head. Really cool idea and works well, but specially with the light inserts on the head.

I’ve talked to and seen some very good players play GnR and the general feedback is great with an emphasis on One more game!

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Initial thoughts:
GNR:
Pros...beautiful playfield, cabinet, light show, theme integration, risk vs. reward aspect of rules, great video and song assets.
Cons...too multiball heavy (reducing the helper mode multiballs would help), bad plunger shot that dribbles to right slingshot, JJP flippers. Also, newer players have trouble knowing what to shoot for and why. JJP games have great lights, but when they are all on and changing colors, it's hard to tell someone "hit the lit shot", so it becomes a flail fest for this type of player.
Zep:
Cons...rules need more love, pro playfield is sparse, theme integration isn't fully developed, feels similar to many other games (lack of uniqueness).

I think it is far harder to remove things from the rule set than to add so the multiball will stay. I fell there should be atleast one easy to start multiball but G&R does go overboard

#1670 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I think it is far harder to remove things from the rule set than to add so the multiball will stay. I fell there should be atleast one easy to start multiball but G&R does go overboard

You’ve never played it,but you are an expert?

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You’ve never played it,but you are an expert?

If Stern made it he would respond totally different.

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If Stern made it he would respond totally different.

The hell I would I have bashed Stern LE prices many times

#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ve talked to and seen some very good players play GnR

Thats the thing about watching game play streams good players make it look so bloody easy

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The hell I would I have bashed Stern LE prices many times

You weren't bashing pricing you were saying how GnR doesn't play the way you think it should

#1675 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Thats the thing about watching game play streams good players make it look so bloody easy

GnR > LZ

#1676 3 years ago

Why does every discussion in every thread turn into fanboys bashing one another? Can these games be compared without utter worship for one brand and disdain for the other?

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Why does every discussion in every thread turn into fanboys bashing one another? Can these games be compared without utter worship for one brand and disdain for the other?

Sign of the times

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Because anytime I make a post tweedle dee and tweedle dum jump on it

#1679 3 years ago

I noticed slash has a couple of stern games, but wanted JJP to build his.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-10-at-5.50.55-PM-609x420 (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2018-08-10-at-5.50.55-PM-609x420 (resized).png

#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

[quoted image]

Wonder why?

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

[quoted image]

Or maybe because Stern(Data east) had already done GnR and didn't want to rehash an old theme again.

a3f3d74492dac4dd0884a0356b46de35dc22b425 (resized).jpga3f3d74492dac4dd0884a0356b46de35dc22b425 (resized).jpg
#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

[quoted image]

Thats because he knows the fun games vs where the money is at.

#1683 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Thats because he knows the fun games vs where the money is at.

Now this is a very stupid observation!Cmon man you saw the interview with Eric from SDTM

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Now this is a very stupid observation!Cmon man you saw the interview with Eric from SDTM

He saw it and knows the truth. Just being stupid.

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

He saw it and knows the truth. Just being stupid.

I don't watch podcasts, much better things to do. While you guys may be easily swayed by others, I form my own opinions.

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I don't watch podcasts, much better things to do. While you guys may be easily swayed by others, I form my own opinions.

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Post the link

#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Post the link

I'm pretty sure everyone has seen

Quoted from JY64:

Post the link

You can find it at You Tube Guns and Roses featurette from SDTM.
Great job Zach Meny!

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Or maybe because Stern(Data east) had already done GnR and didn't want to rehash an old theme again.
[quoted image]

Slash knew exactly what company would actually allocate resources to build a kick ass game....

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Slash knew exactly what company would actually allocate resources to build a kick ass game....

Amen

#1691 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Stern didn’t try and make Data East GNR because it would have forced them to make a decent pinball machine

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I don’t listen to television.

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stern didn’t try and make Data East GNR because it would have forced them to make a decent pinball machine

Personally I'm quite happy with all my Stern rock pins They've been a blast to play, bullet proof and have held their values. I expect my LZ LE will be too once it arrives. Hopefully JJP's GNR will match the fun factor and durability of Sterns and eventually earn a spot in my music pin line up.

image0 (resized).jpgimage0 (resized).jpg
#1694 3 years ago

Looking forward to playing a premium. The pro today was fine but left me wanting ST pro back cranking LZ tunes.

1838D755-4B4A-4922-8062-B8F8A732D4B6 (resized).jpeg1838D755-4B4A-4922-8062-B8F8A732D4B6 (resized).jpegB5878E09-8C38-401C-8C90-296CA1F596EA (resized).jpegB5878E09-8C38-401C-8C90-296CA1F596EA (resized).jpeg

#1695 3 years ago

Personally I'm quite happy with all my Stern rock pins They've been a blast to play, bullet proof and have held their values. I expect my LZ LE will be too once it arrives. Hopefully JJP's GNR will match the fun factor and durability of Sterns and eventually earn a spot in my music pin line up.
[quoted image]

that's the joke, the greatest band ever gets the shittiest stern design ever (except for Beatles). there's a million more way's they could have gone with this that would have been better but chose not to because it would have cost more... wish iron madden was LZ. I won't be buying this one, that's for sure. I'll just play any other game and listen to LZ. Seriously thinking about getting GnR and I don't like the band, JJP knocked it out of the park.

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

that's the joke, the greatest band ever gets the shittiest stern design ever (except for Beatles). there's a million more way's they could have gone with this that would have been better but chose not to because it would have cost more... wish iron madden was LZ. I won't be buying this one, that's for sure. I'll just play any other game and listen to LZ. Seriously thinking about getting GnR and I hate the band, JJP knocked it out of the park.

Stern doesn't really care, because games keep selling.....JJP on the other hand still has to prove their worth, and start making money....the bottom line is JJP is really motivated to knock it out of the park.....Stern on the other hand is fine with getting on base.

#1697 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That is an awesome collection of rock pins! Which is your favorite/which one do you play the most?

#1698 3 years ago

Ok I'm getting either LZ pro or GnR standard. Can someone that that has both compair the 2 pins

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Stern doesn't really care, because games keep selling.....JJP on the other hand still has to prove their worth, and start making money....the bottom line is JJP is really motivated to knock it out of the park.....Stern on the other hand is fine with getting on base.

JJP is ten years old stop acting as if they are a startup

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

JJP is ten years old stop acting as if they are a startup

Didn't mention start up, but I did mention their focus is starting to turn a profit....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/34?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.