8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 42.
#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Team JJP has finally got the well deserved Smash Hit, No doubt GnR for 2020 Game of the year.
I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a Stern Fan boy and a HUGE Steve Ritchie fan.
JJP has won me over easily on all fronts. Presentation, Execution with over all Killer Package !
Kudos team JJP for raising the bar yet again with GnR.
"You know where you are baby"
I'm in on my first JJP at last !

Edit: I will say Led Zep will be a flow monster with TS lead code and SR amazing layout, killer stainless ramps, bare but good all for good reason, I Know Led Zep will flow and play Awesome ! Really crazy how Stern shot themselves in the foot with the poxy blue trim on the LE OMG ??? Anyway as I mentioned previously it can be changed, Can't wait to see LE custom trims.

Watching deadflip stream, the trim comes off much better under normal lighting. I was worried too, but think its going to be great in person, in my lineup

#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The LE is sold out.

Not 5000 sold out, lol. Tons of make money flippers buying LZLE to resell(they might lose $$$. lmao), I don't think anyone is reselling GNRLE's, so the sales on GNR are directly to players/flippers ;D

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Not 5000 sold out, lol. Tons of flippers buying LZLE(they might loose $$$. lmao), I don't think anyone is flipping GNRLE

I realize he’s in a different country,but the the hell did he just say?

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Not 5000 sold out, lol. Tons of flippers buying LZLE(they might loose $$$. lmao), I don't think anyone is flipping GNRLE

Dear Lameberger:

Yes. All 500 are sold out at the distributors. Not 5000. Both flippers are currently flipping their machines on Pinside. One person wants one but doesn't want to pay a premium for it. A distributor is selling one for an inflated cost on Ebay. That's the current status. Keep trying to convince yourself that everybody should think like you. It's getting pathetic.

With much love,
Boob

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt that Stern can pump out games, but I highly doubt they will sell twice as many LZ's

Stern has an entirely different sales model. By the time JJP finishes up the GNR run I would guess they'll make 2x as many GNRs over LZ's. However Stern will probably make 5X or more games overall spread out between multiple titles.

#1556 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I realize he’s in a different country,but the the hell did he just say?

I see how that could be misread. flipping, flipping sales. lol Corrected. 5000 le GNR's!!!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dear Lameberger:
Yes. All 500 are sold out at the distributors. Not 5000. Both flippers are currently flipping their machines on Pinside. One person wants one but doesn't want to pay a premium for it. A distributor is selling one for an inflated cost on Ebay. That's the current status. Keep trying to convince yourself that everybody should think like you. It's getting pathetic.
With much love,
Boob

So when you are saying the LZLE is a sellout (did it really sellout? hmm), its more like Gary Stern is the sellout. Effing bean counter, LZ could have been unbelievable if he losened the budget up for Steve and his team. I'm still so pissed, what a let down. I would have paid more for the greatest theme ever... I'll be buying my first JJP and I'm not a fan of GnR. Gonna get my ACDC Luci back too.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Stern has an entirely different sales model. By the time JJP finishes up the GNR run I would guess they'll make 2x as many GNRs over LZ's. However Stern will probably make 5X or more games overall spread out between multiple titles.

No doubt....

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dear Lameberger:
With much love,
Boob

I will say that watching the dead flip stream the LE looked way better than the pro. I think the mech in middle helps, and the lighting on the sides is a nice touch. I have no doubt that if u love LZ you'll enjoy the game

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I see how that could be misread. flipping, flipping sales. lol Corrected. 5000 le GNR's!!!

So when you are saying the LZLE is a sellout (did it really sellout? hmm), its more like Gary Stern is the sellout. Effing bean counter, LZ could have been unbelievable if he losened the budget up for Steve and his team. I'm still so pissed, what a let down. I would have paid more for a great game, I'll be buying my first JJP and I'm not a fan of GnR. Gonna get my ACDC Luci back too.

FYI: ACDC Luci was a Gary Stern cash grab. Congrats on being a confirmed member of the Stern Army.

PS - I understand your anger about LZ. I felt that way about Beatles and had to pull my deposit. But I never went batshit crazy destroying other peoples' excitement about getting the game.

(Full disclosure: JJP got me into this hobby. I know Jack personally and visited the factory many times when they were in Jersey. I think their products are great. I love pinball, and I'm able to have passion for one machine without constantly bashing another one. But hey...that's just me. I think some people have some serious issues here.)

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I will say that watching the dead flip stream the LE looked way better than the pro. I think the mech in middle helps, and the lighting on the sides is a nice touch. I have no doubt that if u love LZ you'll enjoy the game

I just played the Pro @ Pinball Dudes down the road from me. Game shoots great, had a marathon 1st game (got GC). Pro was pretty stark and the upper flipper was kind "meh" (on the Pro, at least). So, my first impression is it's going to be a great location game that shoots well with long ball times. For a home collection, I'm not sure it would hold my attention (I tend to like harder games). OTOH, it's nice to have an easy shooter in the lineup when all the other games are kicking your butt. I'm still considering a Premium since I'm a sucker for rock and roll titles (and love LZ).

#1561 3 years ago

LZ LE's available in NZ, Aussie has them also.
https://www.amdcoinop.com/pinball-machines

We are waiting for 300+ GnR pins to arrive

#1562 3 years ago

FYI: ACDC Luci was a Gary Stern cash grab. Congrats on being a confirmed member of the Stern Army.
PS - I understand your anger about LZ. I felt that way about Beatles and had to pull my deposit.

#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS - I understand your anger about LZ. I felt that way about Beatles and had to pull my deposit. But I never went batshit crazy destroying other peoples' excitement about getting the game.
(Full disclosure: JJP got me into this hobby. I know Jack personally and visited the factory many times when they were in Jersey. I think their products are great. I love pinball, and I'm able to have passion for one machine without constantly bashing another one. But hey...that's just me. I think some people have some serious issues here.)

I have a feeling Steve fought hard for what he could put on to ACDC. Wish he was a bigger LZ fan. lol!

Ya, Beatles was a huge disappointment for many as well... Glad I'm not a big fan. I heard Gary just bought a 120 foot yacht, making mad money.

Do pinsiders comments on here really bring you down on how you feel about a game? Hope not. I say eff it, enjoy what you like! All fun and games.

And venting is therapeutic, Lucky to have pinside.. Haha! Hit the Beatles forums and blow off some steam! ;D

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Do peoples comments on here really bring you down on how you feel about a game? Hope not.

They really do. I'm buying $10k pins on a music teacher's salary...this isn't some hedge fund money I've got lying around. And when you have a dream theme that you're excited for and a bunch of people are shitting on your excitement repeatedly and saying the same thing over and over--without even having played the damn thing or waited for mature code--well...it wears on you a bit.

But I went through all of this when Star Wars came out, and Game of Thrones. The most recent was the trashing of Stranger Things, which I was really excited for and had on order. That was supposedly the biggest piece of shit ever made. Now people are finally coming around to seeing it's a really fun and addictive game.

I wish people would approach these games with a little more restraint and patience, that's all.

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The LE is sold out.

Perhaps not ?

Screenshot_20210109-092747_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210109-092747_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Perhaps not ?[quoted image]

That isn’t in the US. They are sold out here unless your buying from the distro in US with one on eBay for 15k.

#1567 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That isn’t in the US. They are sold out here unless your buying from the distro in US with one on eBay for 15k.

Quick, buy up the LE's down here and re-import, make a fortune.

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Quick, buy up the LE's down here and re-import, make a fortune.

Already got mine ordered, should be here within 2 weeks. Can’t f’ing wait!

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They really do. I'm buying $10k pins on a music teacher's salary...this isn't some hedge fund money I've got lying around. And when you have a dream theme that you're excited for and a bunch of people are shitting on your excitement repeatedly and saying the same thing over and over--without even having played the damn thing or waited for mature code--well...it wears on you a bit.
But I went through all of this when Star Wars came out, and Game of Thrones. The most recent was the trashing of Stranger Things, which I was really excited for and had on order. That was supposedly the biggest piece of shit ever made. Now people are finally coming around to seeing it's a really fun and addictive game.
I wish people would approach these games with a little more restraint and patience, that's all.

I think Steve had said LZ was his dream theme.AC/DC Luci rocks it’s what pinball and rock should be.When you have two rock games come out at approximately the same time like LZ and GnR did you can’t help compare them.GnR has a shit ton of personality when you see the drumsticks,guitar headstocks and a ton of rock band references everywhere and then the best rock band in history comes out and your stunned how bland it looks.It’s a damn shame it has nothing to do with Stern bashing.Believe me I know unfair bashing I was an early buyer of Wonka.I thought the gameplay was genius and all I heard was Kaneda and Stern fans criticizing it

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wouldn't worry much about getting your value back if you end up hating it, like Kiwipinhead said... Ship it to New Zeppeland worst case and make a shit ton! There's always a buyer.

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Perhaps not ?[quoted image]

$950 difference between the 2 LE's .
Sure there will be 10 times as many GNR's out there but I don't think it will affect it's future value that much , especially over here .
Like the Addams Family when the machine really gets out and about in the next few years and when jjp either sells out or stops making them to move on to other games , I bet the price of these games will skyrocket .

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I bought Stranger Things pro for the family for Christmas and it’s a blast! As far as Led Zeppelin goes I was extremely let down. Iconic band and license too have and it looks so stripped down and cabinet clip art work. I had hopes for it but it’s impossible not to compare it to Guns and Roses. The reveal and all the work that went into the GnR CE alone was pretty damn impressive.

I almost pulled the trigger but not a huge fan of GnR and wanted to see what stern would do with LZ. I hope to be able to play both and see if either will end up in my collection. But now waiting for Godzilla or Toy Story next.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

$950 difference between the 2 LE's .
Sure there will be 10 times as many GNR's out there but I don't think it will affect it's future value that much , especially over here .
Like the Addams Family when the machine really gets out and about in the next few years and when jjp either sells out or stops making them to move on to other games , I bet the price of these games will skyrocket .

Only if WOZ is selling for a lot more than $9500 WOZ is JJP large run game G&R will sell more units than near any other JJP game this is not like POTC where the number of units does not meet the demand

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

People here are passionate about pinball. Passionate people have opinions...has nothing to do with what you do for a living or how much money you have.

It's really odd that people's opinions bother you so much. I have quite a few music pins and really want to like LZ (one of my favorite classic rock bands). Played a Pro yesterday. Shoots nice. Long ball times, the easiest SR pin I've ever played. In an arcade environment, people will definitely get their money's worth.

Unfortunately, when compared with my other rock pins, LZ falls short on many levels. For me, it's more about what gets sold so I can find space...money isn't the issue. And even though money isn't an issue for me, I have to say that spending $7,500 on such a stark game rubs me the wrong way. My dad was a music teacher and I grew up in a modest home, so I don't feel great throwing money at games that fall short on "value" (when compared with my other games).

I much prefer LZ over GNR (in terms of music), but it's clear GNR (the pinball) has much more sizzle. Even though it's 2k more, the JJP/GNR value is clear (and worth the extra $$).

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

People here are passionate about pinball. Passionate people have opinions...has nothing to do with what you do for a living or how much money you have.
It's really odd that people's opinions bother you so much. I have quite a few music pins and really want to like LZ (one of my favorite classic rock bands). Played a Pro yesterday. Shoots nice. Long ball times, the easiest SR pin I've ever played. In an arcade environment, people will definitely get their money's worth.
Unfortunately, when compared with my other rock pins, LZ falls short on many levels. For me, it's more about what gets sold so I can find space...money isn't the issue. And even though money isn't an issue for me, I have to say that spending $7,500 on such a stark game rubs me the wrong way. My dad was a music teacher and I grew up in a modest home, so I don't feel great throwing money at games that fall short on "value" (when compared with my other games).
I much prefer LZ over GNR (in terms of music), but it's clear GNR (the pinball) has much more sizzle. Even though it's 2k more, the JJP/GNR value is clear (and worth the extra $$).

It’s hard to compare the Pro to the LE/PRE, going to shoot totally different and with the lights will be a different experience.

Similar to the SE and LE/CE with JJP, different experience for sure.

#1576 3 years ago

The problem with LZ here is the SE GNR removes the mini, but still maintains most of what makes the game special.

The pro LZ removes all the features that might even be considered as redeeming qualities.

Quoted from Psw757:

Similar to the SE and LE/CE with JJP, different experience for sure.

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I disagree these are music pins you should enjoy the music while playing. The fact that G&R spots you three band members on ball three shows you that many people will hear no music for the first two balls and that alone takes a game that might get a A rating to a B-. WTF no music on a music pin really

#1578 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The problem with LZ here is the SE GNR removes the mini, but still maintains most of what makes the game special.
The pro LZ removes all the features that might even be considered as redeeming qualities.

While I do generally agree with your comments, the point I was trying to make is nobody has played anything but the LZ pro. Not a complete assessment yet.

If you were to put a SE/LE GNR side by side for a bunch of first time players of the the game it would be very clear which one is preferred.

I am certain this will even be more of the case with LZ PRO vs LE/PRE for a variety of reasons.

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I disagree these are music pins you should enjoy the music while playing. The fact that G&R spots you three band members on ball three shows you that many people will hear no music for the first two balls and that alone takes a game that might get a A rating to a B-. WTF no music on a music pin really

You disagree that LZ/GNR are music pins? Have no idea what you are trying to say...sorry.

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You disagree that LZ/GNR are music pins? Have no idea what you are trying to say...sorry.

No i dissagree with what you said " but it's clear GNR (the pinball) has much more sizzle"

#1581 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No i dissagree with what you said " but it's clear GNR (the pinball) has much more sizzle"

Well, you might need to see an eye doctor!

It's fine to say GNR gameplay sucks (subjective)...it's fine to say GNR lights are too much (subjective)...it's fine to say you hate the band (subjective)...etc.

But there is no debating which game has more sizzle (i.e. eye candy). GNR. Not subjective.

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, you might need to see an eye doctor!
It's fine to say GNR gameplay sucks (subjective)...it's fine to say GNR lights are too much (subjective)...it's fine to say you hate the band (subjective)...etc.
But there is no debating which game has more sizzle (i.e. eye candy). GNR. Not subjective.

No question GNR has much nicer fine touches (sizzle). i love the cymbals and the stage lighting is fantastic. as you said- the rest is subjective. on the surface i like the looks of the game play on LZ better (premium/LE). Proof will be in the pudding when they start shipping.

#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

That's what's really unique about the game. It's not your typical listening to a jukebox while you're playing pinball. I could play any pinball and listen to Led Zeppelin or guns n' roses. Whole point of the game in the beginning is to bring the band together to play music. It's kind of cool they realize that there's going to be a lot of newbies and amateur players that might not hear the music so let's try to hook them up. If you're an average to great player you should be listening to music within the first couple minutes

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

which game has more sizzle (i.e. eye candy)

If you buy a game for the bling that all well and good. The rules are what make or break a game. Rewatch the Buffalo stream it took two balls to start a song in the first game and a full two min even with a 4 bandmember award in the mystery scoop to start a song in the second game. Your average player will hear no music for at least the first ball if not the first two balls

#1585 3 years ago

I have now played both GNR (LE) and Led Zeppelin (Pro) and here are my thoughts:

First, as it turns out, comparing these two games, although inevitable, is dumb. They couldn't be more different in style and other than both featuring a band theme, have nothing in common.

-

GNR is a packed playfield that is heavy in multi-ball modes and prominently features a center scoop as well as upper playfields.

LZ is an open playfield that features long shots into ramps and orbits.

-

GNR has a lot of action with song segments and an adventure-style code where you try to complete songs.

LZ is more laid-back and plays entire songs with a code that is more about hitting shots than advancing a "story."

-

GNR is packed with things to look at on the playfield (hat, cymbals, guitar head stocks, drum sticks, tons of lighting inserts).

ZL is sparse with relatively few lighting inserts, nothing on the playfield other than a non-interactive zeppelin and a jumping Icarus.

-

GNR is a spam the flipper-type game and hope the balls don't drain with long ball times when you do hit ramps and orbits in those rare cases when your ball isn't in the center plunge.

LZ is a flow-game with long shots primarily into ramps and orbits with quick returns.

-

GNR has two video displays (including the main video display that is much larger than LZ) that have a lot of advanced graphics (gun animations, etc.) and add to the gameplay experience.

LZ has one video display that primarily plays hard to see concert scenes and has relatively basic graphics and animations.

-

GNR has the worst plunge in all of pinball.

LZ has the second worst plunge in all of pinball.

-

GNR (LE) costs $3,300 more than LZ (Pro).

-

I like both games, but I think GNR looks like a much more expensive (which it is) and impressive pin, whereas LZ plays a lot better if you like hitting long satisfying shots. I would truly be surprised if any buyer would regret going with one over the other because they are so different they really shouldn't appeal to the same buyer.

For me, I'd rather own GNR, but I'd rather play LZ.

#1586 3 years ago

I think your last sentence sums it up pretty good except why wouldn't you want to own a game you want to play? As a zepp on order owner, I can agree that gnr is absolutely beautiful. Stellar light show, but game play has no appeal to me , yet. So I'd rather own a game I want to play than something that's beautiful and potentially not as fun.

And hard to compare pro to le. Which i understand is all we have to compare now. Prem and le I think are much better than the pro

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Odd comment. I like owning games I play. I've certainly owned eye candy games, but they don't stay long. The great players stay.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think your last sentence sums it up pretty good except why wouldn't you want to own a game you want to play? As a zepp on order owner, I can agree that gnr is absolutely beautiful. Stellar light show, but game play has no appeal to me , yet. So I'd rather own a game I want to play than something that's beautiful and potentially not as fun.

I've only played LZ, but watched several streams of GNR gameplay.

It's very clear to me that LZ is easy to like if you ignore how stark it is...shoots smooth and is just easy. GNR is much more subtle in it's shots and gameplay and I'm sure takes longer to warm up to. Since I've owned many SR games, LZ was like many SR games I've played/owned before.

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Odd comment. I like owning games I play. I've certainly owned eye candy games, but they don't stay long. The great players stay.

I've only played LZ, but watched several streams of GNR gameplay.
It's very clear to me that LZ is easy to like if you ignore how stark it is...shoots smooth and is just easy. GNR is much more subtle in it's shots and gameplay and I'm sure takes longer to warm up to. Since I've owned many SR games, LZ was like many SR games I've played/owned before.

Agree, but for me, as honestly an average player, theme is more important than depth. And I'm not a tourney player, so love fast flowing games
. Im not knocking gnr at all, just probably not my style. I think both are good offerings and will be enjoyed

#1589 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agree, but for me, as honestly an average player, theme is more important than depth. And I'm not a tourney player, so love fast flowing games
. Im not knocking gnr at all, just probably not my style. I think both are good offerings and will be enjoyed

No doubt that depth is overrated. I've played in tournaments, but I don't consider myself a tourney player.

Theme is important, but one of my favorite games is TRON and I've never seen the movie. I just love the vibe, choreography, callouts, and unique rule set. It's different and the shots feel great. GEM shot is a PITA, but still fun.

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I have now played both GNR (LE) and Led Zeppelin (Pro) and here are my thoughts:
First, as it turns out, comparing these two games, although inevitable, is dumb. They couldn't be more different in style and other than both featuring a band theme, have nothing in common.
GNR is a packed playfield that is heavy in multi ball modes and prominently features a center scoop as well as upper playfields.
LZ is an open playfield that features long shots into ramps and orbits.
GNR has a lot of action with song segments and an adventure-style code where you try to complete songs.
LZ is more laid-back and plays entire songs with a code that is more about hitting shots than advancing a "story."
GNR is packed with things to look at on the playfield (hat, cymbals, guitar head stocks, drum sticks, tons of lighting inserts).
ZL is sparse with relatively few lighting inserts, nothing on the playfield other than a non-interactive zeppelin and a jumping Icarus.
GNR is a spam the flipper-type game and hope the balls don't drain and long ball times when you do hit ramps and orbits.
LZ is a flow-game with long shots primarily into ramps and orbits with quick returns.
GNR has two video displays (including the main video display that is much larger than LZ) that have a lot of advanced graphics (gun animations, etc.) and add to the gameplay experience.
LZ has one video display that primarily plays hard to see concert scenes and relatively basic graphics.
GNR (LE) costs about $3,300 more than LZ (Pro).
I like both games, but I think GNR looks like a much more expensive (which it is) and impressive pin, where as LZ plays a lot better if you like hitting long satisfying shots. I would truly be surprised if any buyer would regret going with one over the other because they are so different they really shouldn't appeal to the same buyer.

I appreciate your honest feedback.

“For me, I'd rather own GNR, but I'd rather play LZ.” Not my quote but who I am responding to.

I haven’t played either one yet but from all I have seen so far from images, gameplay videos for both, GnR seems to or tries offer an experience with modes and progression earning songs ect and trying to take pinball to the next level, than just hitting a ball.I am new to pinball collecting but have played games since pong and I appreciate the effort for JJP trying to give the fans more and taking it to a new level.

LZ looks and feels like it is a fun pin to play on route, but it seems to be a step back than a move forward. And for a band as iconic as LZ many were hoping and expecting more. It’s not a Beatles or Munsters letdown degree, but a letdown nonetheless for me and others.

I hope I get a chance to play both and hope I am proven wrong, but even if LZ is a blast to play, I am not sure there’s enough there for me to consider putting down $7699 for a premium, and there’s a lot there for a GnR LE but can’t justify spending $10k for one either. A double edged sword unfortunately. Want more pay more. And with prices rising as it is, I hope it doesn’t get to a point we’re the prices put an end to the hobby.

I used to collect 1/4 scale DC statues and 1/6 Hot Toys DC and Star Wars figures and prices were sub $200 and as low as $149 for a very nice high end figure. Popularity grew and prices on the secondary were going up to $350 for a figure that was $149 new. So Hot Toys saw that people were paying much more and decided to raise the price to $225 and up. Statues went from $399 to then $699 and more now. I got out and so did many others because the cost went against any justifiability.

I know pinball and figures are nowhere near the same thing, but the trend is happening here and I am new to this hobby. Old EM games that went for $400 are now a $1000 and up. I paid $1600 for Cyclone with a mint extra playfield in 2019, now look at prices. I hope I and others don’t get priced out of this hobby, especially since I just started. If I am putting down $7699 for a LZ I as many have certain expectations to justify the purchase.

If you love either LZ and GnR that’s awesome, but for me one is lacking and priced high, and one is loaded and priced high. Can’t justify either purchase especially NIB.

#1591 3 years ago

I can totally see the avenue where SWfan stated;

Quoted from SWfan:

... For me, I'd rather own GNR, but I'd rather play LZ.

I too, own SW. When watching LZ's reveal, I was hit with a feeling that the playfield was similar to Star Wars. As such, my sights are also aimed toward owning the GNR and simply playing the LZ. I suspect a SW owner is less likely to have the drive for LZ.

#1592 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And hard to compare pro to le. Which i understand is all we have to compare now. Prem and le I think are much better than the pro

You make a good point, I meant I'd like to own it because it is impressive looking and fun for non-pinball players. If it were just for me and was my only pin, I would rather have LZ as long as it has enough code to not get boring...

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I can totally see the avenue where SWfan stated;

I too, own SW. When watching LZ's reveal, I was hit with a feeling that the playfield was similar to Star Wars. As such, my sights are also aimed toward owning the GNR and simply playing the LZ. I suspect a SW owner is less likely to have the drive for LZ.

That is definitely a big part of that comment, even though I wasn't meaning to bring that into the equation. I like SW better than LZ, so I'd prefer to have SW than LZ and adding LZ when I already have SW doesn't accomplish a whole lot.

Still, what I really meant is that for OTHERS to play 1-2 games in my home when I have guests, I think GNR has more appeal and looks more impressive. Also, GNR has more to do than LZ, and is different from the SW that I already own, so it might be better for me to have for the longer term. But for me to play 1-5 games, in a vacuum, I'd prefer to play LZ over GNR.

#1594 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

You make a good point, I meant I'd like to own it because it is impressive looking and fun for non-pinball players. If it were just for me and was my only pin, I would rather have LZ as long as it has enough code to not get boring...

Good review you did, it will be awhile before a gnr is in my area to play. Will be interested to hear your thoughts if you play both again. Thanks for an unbiased review

#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good review you did, it will be awhile before a gnr is in my area to play. Will be interested to hear your thoughts if you play both again. Thanks for an unbiased review

I will give an update for sure my second time around both pins. That being said, an LZ premium MIGHT be the happy medium between the GNR (LE) and LZ (Pro) both in price and in balancing a good shooting game with some extras to give it a more impressive look and to keep it from being boring.

Also, I have no dog in the fight and have neither on order, so thank you for recognizing that I was trying to provide an unbiased opinion-- which is hard to find in this thread...

#1596 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

That is definitely a big part of that comment, even though I wasn't meaning to bring that into the equation. I like SW better than LZ, so I'd prefer to have SW than LZ and adding LZ when I already have SW doesn't accomplish a whole lot.
Still, what I really meant is that for OTHERS to play 1-2 games in my home when I have guests, I think GNR has more appeal and looks more impressive. Also, GNR has more to do than LZ, and is different from the SW that I already own, so it might be better for me to have for the longer term. But for me to play 1-5 games, in a vacuum, I'd prefer to play LZ over GNR.

Right on; I feel the same.

#1597 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You can turn any Stern pin into a LZ by turning down the sound and putting LZ greatest hits on your stereo, No wait, It would be better because I can put more than 10 songs

#1598 3 years ago

If you like to play pinball, LZ. If you like to look at lights, GNR.

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

If you like to play pinball, LZ. If you like to look at lights, GNR.

Some times I just turn my games on just to watch the light shows

#1600 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Some times I just turn my games on just to watch the light shows

Same, nothing better than a row of pins, bonus perk is if they're fun to play too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/32?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.