8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 42.
#1451 3 years ago

Just for comparison reference

Screenshot_20210103-114156_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210103-114156_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Your reputation and feedback was worthy-especially with your extensive knowledge of Philly Cheesesteaks, but after that comment I am not so sure?

I appreciate that you love the LZ and how passionate you are about it. But just let those that feel otherwise pump their chest as much as you have. Believe it or not I actually have an LZLE on order. But have come to the conclusion that I'm going to let it go so somebody else that has the passion for it and can appreciate it more than I will can have it. So if anybody wants to take my spot for no upcharge please PM me.

#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You guys are funny...
You cant say anything negative about GNR without getting piled on as a JJP hater.
In the same way people were disappointed in LZ art I was disappointed in GNRs game play.
Thats all.. I have owned a few of their games and have one still so how I am a JJP "hater" I have no idea.
Sorry that I actually played it before calling it game of the century unlike most of you.

Ok we know how you feel now.Now take your boyfriend pin mister and hit the road!

#1454 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

[quoted image]

A picture worth a thousand words!!! You

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its all part of the package/experience

Worried people are getting Hypnotized by the flashy lights. Like a moth to the flame

JJP needs to put a warning sticker on GNR:
Caution:*Do not get Hypnotized by the flashy lights* Getting hypnotized will cause you to lose all rational thinking and you will start chanting "Everything is Awesome!" and ignore gameplay.

Do not get Hypnotized.gifDo not get Hypnotized.gif
#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Worried people are getting Hypnotized by the flashy lights. Like a moth to the flame
Caution:*Do not get Hypnotized by the flashy lights* Getting hypnotized will cause you to lose all rational thinking and you will start chanting "Everything is Awesome!" and ignore gameplay. [quoted image]

I know!!!! I can't wait to be hypnotized with the additional 600 lights blasting from all different directions from the machine. When my CE comes, I'll take a nice video of the light show as to hypnosis all you LZ homies out there with seeing what a masterpiece looks like.

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

masterpiece looks like

Hey I never said GNR is not a looker-it is super shiny with lots of skulls.

#1458 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

So if anybody wants to take my spot for no upcharge please PM me.

Please send me a pm with distributor and price

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Caution:*Do not get Hypnotized by the flashy lights* Getting hypnotized will cause you to lose all rational thinking and you will start chanting "Everything is Awesome!" and ignore gameplay. [quoted image]

Let's remember this guy needs dumbed down games.

Too much complexity and deep rule set confuses him.

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Too much complexity and deep rule set confuses him.

BOBO.jpgBOBO.jpg
#1461 3 years ago

LZ wins this head-to-head by default because GnR should be disqualified for having the worst plunge in pinball.

When I first played it on location, I actually bent down and turned my head to see what was going on in the playfield because I thought something was broken.

(I don’t like the plunge on Jurassic Park either, but at least that goes smoothly directly to the right flipper which I understand was done to put the first shot entirely within the control of the player with chance taken out. Star Wars plunge is not great either as it is a potential death shot, but at least there is something to do and try to aim at.)

GnR feels like a broken mechanism that causes your ball to dribble out to the right flipper while you pray it doesn’t catch the right sling-shot or drain SDTM. I can’t think of a worse plunge in the history of pinball.

Hard to overlook that huge flaw in the design when doing any head to head comparison.

But, just in case you can get past that, that center scoop just completely kills the flow of the game. It’s one thing not to have a “fast” game. It’s quite another to have your ball get held in the center of the playfield on 50% of the shots. On multiball modes, I would almost ALWAYS have one ball in the scoop at all times, and often have one ball in the scoop with another leaning against it so I actually had two balls in the scoop! The game is already dominated with lower playfield play as it is, so that scoop is even worse as it is seemingly always in play.

One more thing... I really like the upper playfields, but there is no payoff for getting the ball all the way to the highest playfield as the excellent base guitar wire form seems irrelevant as all balls go to the left flipper regardless. One of those lanes needed to be diverted to something more interesting so that it felt like you “won” something if the plinko-style entry to those wire forms went the right way for you. Good idea, but not enough payoff to get excited that you got your ball all the way up there.

#1462 3 years ago

Yes not only do JJP flippers suck-their plungers really suck!

Not even in the same ball park as Stern's snappy one's?

I cannot stand JJP flipper plunges! Weak sauce

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Please send me a pm with distributor and price

Why you want it?

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You like that Stern sauce!!!!

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Why you want it?

Depends on distributor and price? I would buy it and hold onto it and use it later on to trade for a Big Lebowski?

I am serious-pm me distributor and price

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Just for comparison reference
[quoted image]

That machine just looks spectacular.

#1467 3 years ago

2nd worse. Iron Maiden is worse. Not only is IM’s impossible to dial in, but it’s tied to the start of a multiball.

GNR plunge is terrible, but it’s not tied to any other features and it’s not putting the ball SDTM or anything.

And I get it, fast games are great. But has anyone ever heard of a game called Twilight Zone? Some games are faster than others, doesn’t make them good or bad, just different. LZ isn’t a good game because it’s fast and GNR isn’t a bad game because it plays slower.

Quoted from SWfan:

GnR should be disqualified for having the worst plunge in pinball.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That machine just looks spectacular

I think the art is Hideous! Talk about Hoge Poge? Almost as bad as ripped off Rat Fink but hey it is shiiiiiiny!

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Depends on distributor and price? I would buy it and hold onto it and use it later on to trade for a Big Lebowski?

No way anyone would trade for a TBL. Maybe a bugs bunny. Apparently both LZ and BB games have the same artist.

#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

2nd worse. Iron Maiden is worse

I don't know I was playing Wonka last week and I seriously had to plunge 3 times on a particular ball? I was like-am I doing something wrong? Put a real spring in there or something?

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know I was playing Wonka last week and I seriously had to plunge 3 times on a particular ball? I was like-am I doing something wrong? Put a real spring in there or something?

Bullshit I have Wonka and I nail the skill shot 85% of the time and you can plunge easily thru the pops to start.This is when you know someone on Pinside is full of shit.
When they don’t have facts to prove their argument they just make shit up.

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

LZ wins this head-to-head by default because GnR should be disqualified for having the worst plunge in pinball.
When I first played it on location, I actually bent down and turned my head to see what was going on in the playfield because I thought something was broken.
(I don’t like the plunge on Jurassic Park either, but at least that goes smoothly directly to the right flipper which I understand was done to put the first shot entirely within the control of the player with chance taken out. Star Wars plunge is not great either as it is a potential death shot, but at least there is something to do and try to aim at.)
GnR feels like a broken mechanism that causes your ball to dribble out to the right flipper while you pray it doesn’t catch the right sling-shot or drain SDTM. I can’t think of a worse plunge in the history of pinball.
Hard to overlook that huge flaw in the design when doing any head to head comparison.
But, just in case you can get past that, that center scoop just completely kills the flow of the game. It’s one thing not to have a “fast” game. It’s quite another to have your ball get held in the center of the playfield on 50% of the shots. On multiball modes, I would almost ALWAYS have one ball in the scoop at all times, and often have one ball in the scoop with another leaning against it so I actually had two balls in the scoop! The game is already dominated with lower playfield play as it is, so that scoop is even worse as it is seemingly always in play.
One more thing... I really like the upper playfields, but there is no payoff for getting the ball all the way to the highest playfield as the excellent base guitar wire form seems irrelevant as all balls go to the left flipper regardless. One of those lanes needed to be diverted to something more interesting so that it felt like you “won” something if the plinko-style entry to those wire forms went the right way for you. Good idea, but not enough payoff to get excited that you got your ball all the way up there.

I agree w/what I've seen w/this.

1) Awful, dribbling skill shot. A kick-ass rock pin with a short dribble death plunge? That's like, bases loaded. Clean up hitter is up. Let's bunt!
2) Center scoop. Unlike the skill shot, little skill needed
3) Endless multi/add-a-balls

Can't say anything about the upper Playfield except very rarely have I seen a 6-ball lock on streams. Add the fact that you have no idea when you'd get your game anyway, and it was easy not to pre-order.

With Zep, I wasn't blown away. JJP GNR blows it away with presentation. The Electric Magic device is just not impressive at all. I mean, at lease make it LOOK impressive. It looks like something a YouTuber put together as a proof of concept. Plus honestly how many Zeppelin pinheads actually heard of Electric Magic before the pin reveal? At least name it the Knebworth spinner lol.

#1473 3 years ago

OK I'll concede the point above, the GNR plunge kind of sucks. It's basically an inductive sensor version of TZ but it feels very limp, not really bad ass at all.

Plus they added that rubber so sometimes the ball can get stuck there.

Still. To see LZ feebly flash its jackpot arrows to the music vs GNR... Not in the same league. Much closer to Rolling Stones than Metallica.

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I agree w/what I've seen w/this.
1) Awful, dribbling skill shot. A kick-ass rock pin with a short dribble death plunge? That's like, bases loaded. Clean up hitter is up. Let's bunt!
2) Center scoop. Unlike the skill shot, little skill needed
3) Endless multi/add-a-balls

It just felt like I could slap the ball around and something would happen (ooh look multi-ball or a new mode, did I do something?).

Maybe the difficultly level of Wonka (and slower sales) made them backpedal a bit into the hit anything and win a prize style of gameplay of WOZ and Hobbit.

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

OK I'll concede the point above, the GNR plunge kind of sucks. It's basically an inductive sensor version of TZ but it feels very limp, not really bad ass at all.
Plus they added that rubber so sometimes the ball can get stuck there.
Still. To see LZ feebly flash its jackpot arrows to the music vs GNR... Not in the same league. Much closer to Rolling Stones than Metallica.

I should add that the game is beautiful and perfect for a restaurant/bar setting. Really fun to watch OTHERS play.

I would say it could even be great in a home collection— but not as a one and only pin in a home collection.

Can’t weigh in on LZ yet as I haven’t played it.

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I'll give TaTa $200 over asking just to keep it outta' your Stern shoe shining mitts.

#1477 3 years ago

And it does. But there are probably 18 more important things that don’t suck.

Quoted from benheck:

OK I'll concede the point above, the GNR plunge kind of sucks.

Ouch! Sic burn!

Quoted from benheck:

Much closer to Rolling Stones than Metallica.

#1478 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Nothing beats the variety of plunger skill shot options that The Hobbit offers in my opinion. I'm not talking about a hitting a specific shot after a plunge but actual plunge based skill shots.

There's much more to skills shots then top lanes. I wish Stern could try something different more often for skill shots.

#1479 3 years ago

I think you need to make the distinction between ball time and difficulty.

GNR is one of those games with long ball times, but if you don’t execute key plans, on key shots, at key times you just won’t score.

Just having a 10 minute game, especially on GNR, is not even close to successful if you don’t execute.

It just felt like I could slap the ball around and something would happen (ooh look multi-ball or a new mode, did I do something?).
Maybe the difficultly level of Wonka (and slower sales) made them backpedal a bit into the hit anything and win a prize style of gameplay of WOZ and Hobbit.

#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

GNR is one of those games with long ball times, but if you don’t execute key plans, on key shots, at key times you just won’t score.
Just having a 10 minute game, especially on GNR, is not even close to successful if you don’t execute.

Yah I get that...

I think they go for the redemption game kind of thing so if you cant play you pay your money slap the ball around and the game goes nuts.

Their games are always deep as shit with code for the home players... whether that is a good thing or not I dont know since I didnt buy one.

If I cant get into the kinetics of it to begin with dont matter how deep the code is.

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bullshit I have Wonka and I nail the skill shot 85% of the time and you can plunge easily thru the pops to start.This is when you know someone on Pinside is full of shit.
When they don’t have facts to prove their argument they just make shit up.

Wonka is a extremely fun challenging and stressful at times machine.

Correct his plunger comment is complete nonsense.

Very happy with that purchase.

#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It will be interesting to see how GNR is as a tournament games once competition resumes. It seems like one of those games where rule knowledge would far outweigh playing skill in competition. Having familiarity with what the patches do and the differences in the song modes as well as recognizing where you are in a song's progress and knowing when to cash out is a big advantage. The learning curve is fairly daunting for someone without a lot of experience.

#1483 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It will be interesting to see how GNR is as a tournament games once competition resumes. It seems like one of those games where rule knowledge would far outweigh playing skill in competition. Having familiarity with what the patches do and the differences in the song modes as well as recognizing where you are in a song's progress and knowing when to cash out is a big advantage. The learning curve is fairly daunting for someone without a lot of experience.

One 4 player match on GNR would take an hour or two with good players

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Sounds like a great night

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Laughable....your stretching hard now....I think if u really think (which I doubt u really do) that LZ is half the game GNR is than your the one who is hypnotized

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Huh? I hit the skill shot almost every time....as your idol (SR) would say "Play Better"

#1487 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Not if set up right. Turn ball saves super low and turn off add a balls.

#1488 3 years ago

I dont agree with everything you say therefore I am hard to stomach?
You just said the Beatles which may be the most disappointing game of the last decade is "inspired" so I guess we will agree to disagree here and there.
You can always ignore me if I annoy you by being honest.
Unlike most of the "GNR is the greatest of all time even though I have never played it" people I played it a bunch.
Its not that great of a player, if it was I would have one next to my other JJP game.

No...I actually agree with your general sentiment that JJP games often look much better than they play. The only JJP I've ever owned is DILE...it's a nice shooting game. If I loved the gameplay, I'd own more of them. I was actually signed up for a GNRLE and put it on hold until I get a chance to play one. Aesthetically, it's gorgeous and I like the collaboration with Slash.

You 'tude is what's hard to stomach...pretty arrogant.

#1489 3 years ago
960x0 (resized).jpg960x0 (resized).jpgsteve_waaaa-276x300 (resized).jpgsteve_waaaa-276x300 (resized).jpg
#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No...I actually agree with your general sentiment that JJP games often look much better than they play. The only JJP I've ever owned is DILE...it's a nice shooting game. If I loved the gameplay, I'd own more of them. I was actually signed up for a GNRLE and put it on hold until I get a chance to play one. Aesthetically, it's gorgeous and I like the collaboration with Slash.
You 'tude is what's hard to stomach...pretty arrogant.

Not sure how I come off as arrogant just giving an opinion as someone who actually played it a bunch.

I am just trying to be honest since most of the praise for this game is coming from people who haven't touched one yet.

Game of the year already based on the pictures... lol

If you like JJP games hands down Wonka is their best playing game IMO, I wouldnt even put GNR in the top 3 and I wanted to like it.

Maybe I would feel different if I had one at home but there was nothing about it playing wise that made me want to spend that kind of dough. Wish there was because i would have one here.

#1491 3 years ago

Not sure how I come off as arrogant just giving an opinion as someone who actually played it a bunch.
I am just trying to be honest since most of the praise for this game is coming from people who haven't touched one yet.
Game of the year already based on the pictures... lol
If you like JJP games hands down Wonka is their best playing game IMO, I wouldnt even put GNR in the top 3 and I wanted to like it.
Maybe I would feel different if I had one at home but there was nothing about it playing wise that made me want to spend that kind of dough. Wish there was because i would have one here.

It's not that you're arrogant. It's that you're thick. Big difference.

#1492 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

In the LZ thread they are already talking of taking post rubbers off to shorten ball times.

The SDTM LZ pro vid was 13 minutes long and he just got the game,

10 songs with long ball times are going to get old real quick

#1493 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's not that you're arrogant. It's that you're thick. Big difference.

If I had one on order I would want someone who actually played it to give me an honest opinion but whatever.

If you guys are happier saying its game of the year before even playing it more power to you.

Ill give you that one.. the pictures look great and it is packed with stuff.

Ill keep an eye out for all the for sales once you get the game home and realize I am right... maybe I can get a cheap used one later.

#1494 3 years ago

If I had one on order I would want someone who actually played it to give me an honest opinion but whatever.
If you guys are happier saying its game of the year before even playing it more power to you.
Ill give you that one.. the pictures look great.
Ill keep an eye out for all the for sales once you get the game home and realize I am right... maybe I can get a cheap used one later.

What the hell are you yammering on about plenty of people own this game LE and se and it’s getting great reveiws.Bless your heart I guess you just didn’t know?

#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell are you yammering on about plenty of people own this game LE and se and it’s getting great reveiws.Bless your heart I guess you just didn’t know?

I couldn't give you more then one up vote, so hopefully this helps...
SmartSelect_20210103-173355_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210103-173355_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1496 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I couldn't give you more then one up vote, so hopefully this helps...
[quoted image]

Thank you sir!

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thank you sir!

C41F9DFD-3BF4-4F84-A615-997310101622 (resized).jpegC41F9DFD-3BF4-4F84-A615-997310101622 (resized).jpeg
#1498 3 years ago

Is this true though? There are a few hundred out there now, most people I know have access to one. Usually not theirs but they know someone.

Not everyone, but most everyone.

#1499 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is this true though? There are a few hundred out there now, most people I know have access to one. Usually not theirs but they know someone.
Not everyone, but most everyone.

OK.. the people on this thread?

I dont care anymore man.

I hope you guys love your game, sorry I cant give it more high praise ( I cant do that for LZ either).

#1500 3 years ago

OK.. the people on this thread?
I dont care anymore man.
I hope you guys love your game, sorry I cant give it more high praise ( I cant do that for LZ either).

I'm curious as to what game u give high praise?....u hide your collection so hard to tell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/30?hl=swfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.