8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 42.
#51 4 years ago

Really interested in both, but not buying-interested as I'm out of room for now. Almost every time I play The Hobbit I envision how I'd re-theme it as a Led Zeppelin pin. So I do hope it's a new design with lots to do, long ball times, and dare I say it, a wide body (will never happen). Not as big a fan of GnR (Appetite for Destruction: killer, everything after that: eh) but Jersey Jack bring the goods every single time, so they could be making a game about mowing the lawn and I'd be interested.

#52 4 years ago

To me nooooo retheme for zeppelin keep the magic coming like jp2 and maiden. I know it’s Richie but he needs muster some magic! Let’s grow !

#53 4 years ago

Bash toy = Bonzo's bass drum or no sale!

Im thinking easy Stranger Things layout, instead of monster its the band on stage, and the mouth is the bass drum!

That said, I'd like a new layout that kicks ass. Maybe interview clips as well, or as call outs!

jb6 (resized).jpgjb6 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#54 4 years ago

CE GnR for me ... I guess Zep would be after TMNT from Stern?

#55 4 years ago

Zep is a 1 of 2 dream themes for me. I’m not much for LEs. Only one I’ve ever purchased was a METLE. That being said I’m in for an LE

#56 4 years ago

I love gnr but worried jjp might screw it up.

I’ve been told straight up lz is not a quicksilver retheme, source didn’t confirm if it’s an original game or a re theme of something else though.

Either way I’m very interested in both.

#57 4 years ago

Neither.

I'm saving my pinball money for REO Speedwagon and Styx.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm saving my pinball money for REO Speedwagon

I've told myself-I can't hold out forever

#59 4 years ago

Sign me up for an Equinox LE.

#60 4 years ago

Sweet Madame Blue does rock!

#61 4 years ago

Im a led head... but with slash/gnr working directly with jjp, i think its gonna be amazing with all the assets and callouts! Plus Slash is a huge pinhead and i think he has had a pf in mind for years.

#62 4 years ago

Update .. I am down for both. CE Gnr and LE Led Zepp! Need to make some room! lol

#63 4 years ago

I feel GnR’s music and art style are more suited to pinball,but Led Zeppelin is a better band by far as a matter of fact they are the best rock band in the world !
Actually I think Poison would be the best music for a music pin.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Led Zeppelin is a better band by far as a matter of fact they are the best rock band in the world !

I usually like to think I'm up on things, but I had no idea they were still together.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I usually like to think I'm up on things, but I had no idea they were still together.

It doesn't matter they are still #1 This is my opinion and will never change!

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It doesn't matter they are still #1 This is my opinion and will never change!

I get it. Kinda like George Washington is still the #1 president of the United States.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I get it. Kinda like George Washington is still the #1 president of the United States.

What the hell are you smoking the morning?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really, last show was December 2007, obviously not with the OG drummer. Jason Bonham's group nails the Zep sound. Go check him out on his next tour!

#69 4 years ago

I saw them in 1977 and they were dead to me after that. Too long ago to care now.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw them in 1977 and they were dead to me after that. Too long ago to care now.

Hey I think I understand,your saying your not stuck in the past.I'm really not either,I have a friend who still puts on REO and Eddie Money when we hang out.I'm like more progressive 2000 to now but my Zeppelin albums get played all the time by my two musician sons

#71 4 years ago

It will be my first JJP game for sure!

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey I think I understand,your saying your not stuck in the past.

It was a time of change in music, and I went with it. Corporate rock radio had become more than stale, so the change was welcome.

I have fond memories of my teenage years and Led Zep, but no desire to go back and do it again. I'll still listen to some of it once in a while.

Same with GnR. Saw them in 1987 right when AFD came out in a small theatre and was more than stoked when the pinball machine came out and played it at every location there was one. Even owned one. But again, no desire to go back and do it again. On to the next.

#73 4 years ago

Either... maybe neither. GnR is a huge turn off to me as a theme-- I can't think of any potential band theme (that has any chance of actually getting made) that would be worse, other than maybe Rush. Zeppelin is just "meh". That said, sight unseen, I would probably choose GnR because I have absolutely no confidence in Stern for quality control or good code at release, and I don't have those concerns with JJP.

#74 4 years ago

Considering Music since the late 90's is absolute garbage with no soul. I am down for a GNR or LED ZEPP but where is my Slayer or Black Sabbath!
Seen GNR live few years ago and same with Sabbath both blew me away live. Slash a king and same with Iomi.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Music since the late 90's is absolute garbage with no soul.

Sounds like you have taken the time to listen to all of it.

Thanks for your unbiased review.

#76 4 years ago

Pretty much i have 2 kids 17 and 23 its shite. Especially solo guitar what happened!!!!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Especially solo guitar what happened!!!!

A lot of bands probably decided it was better for them as a unit to not have one member do what amounts to a 20 minute long jackoff session.

More soulful to keep the solos shorter but of quality.

#78 4 years ago

Name someone i would love to hear how a shorter solo has more soul than say Stevie ray Vaughan or Rory Gallagher.

#79 4 years ago

Both guitar greats of their time. I saw Rory once and he was amazing.

A lot of the newer music incorporates more solo into the rythym creating layers instead of just bashing the same few chords over and over and then going off on a long solo. And just like any other time in history there are pop bands that are more interested in making hits to be played on the radio. The 70s and 80s were no different there.

#80 4 years ago

Yeah i find the music of today more Generic and less Soul Especially live performances it is like they have no freedom. So Jealous you got to see Rory In his glory I was to young. I took my kids to the Download festival in Australia a few years ago and one of my sons watched Sum 41 over Slayer they were playing at the same time and i was like what the fuck are you doing are you mad! He so regrets it now. Judas Priest blew me away i think that their latest album is better than most of their early stuff how is that possible. Slayer and Judas blew that event up! The newer stuff just layers hides peoples talent, take Led Zep for instance as this thread is about them you have every member showing us their talent doing solos music of today is just very generic bands are just way to similar with no freedom. Not sure Rory or Stevie ray bashed chords as you say sorry mate that is blasphemy!

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Not sure Rory or Stevie ray bashed chords as you say sorry mate that is blasphemy!

No, they didn't. They were more bluesy. However it was a Led Zep trademark on later albums, see Physical Graffiti, although it worked very well for them.

When it got that so many bands were doing the same thing, others took it upon themselves to be creative in a different way in the context of shorter songs. Then you have more variety and a wider range of styles within a similar genre. That's what I like about music today.

Opening for Rory was a guy named Gary Myrick, and at the time he was a part of the new wave, but still played a mean guitar, upbeat, and had great solos although not as long. Saw that guy like five more times after that and it was always a fun show.

#82 4 years ago

Gary Myrick the figures? just looked on Youtube. Catchy. Problem is so spoiled from the 60's to the 90's i liked how the 60's went to the 70's then 70's to the 80's and 80's to the 90's but not since. Nothing improved it went backwards and very safe. look at some of the 3 piece bands of the 60's and the amps they used. Yet had far better sounds than today. Like Rory for instance the amp he used and the sounds he was getting out of it damn! And you seen him live you are one Lucky bastard! Just my personal opinion it just has not progressed but who compares to these guys no one. Every era has had someone stand out. Who is that person of 2010-2020?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

And you seen him live you are one Lucky bastard!

It was around 1980 and a very small place. But around the same time I also saw the Stray Cats in a very small place and was totally blown away by the guitar wizardry of Brian Setzer. There are plenty of great artists today, you just have to look or listen for them.

#84 4 years ago

Baby Animals did that to me in a very small area. I have looked no one has changed music for this era like any of the greats that is why they were called greats. It's like people just ran out of ideas or life is to busy or we are just to divided cant do this cant do that no real freedom to express ones self, We are just to boring and Generic now. Yes some good bands around but no game changers.

#85 4 years ago

I went to school with this guy he should have made it but just quite hasn't at 20 he was so good it was ridiculous.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I went to school with this guy he should have made it but just quite hasn't at 20 he was so good it was ridiculous.

I am at a loss for words!

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am at a loss for words!

Really nice guitar solo here for you.

#88 4 years ago

Next Pinball?

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Really nice guitar solo here for you.

I know what you need- Coheed and Cambria! If you can get over his voice.

For me, early 2000s was the White Stripes, the Strokes, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, We were promised jetpacks... They might not be Slayer good , but they sold a few records.

#90 4 years ago

Not bad has the slash hair thing going.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

For me, early 2000s was the White Stripes, the Strokes, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, We were promised jetpacks...

All good and there were many more. One of my favorites of the last decade. It has rhythm, soul, layers, and guitar solos. Inteligent Not overly macho.

#92 4 years ago

It's funny because that time frame is exactly where I been the last couple of summers with my Muse
mix on free pandora

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Actually I think Poison would be the best music for a music pin.

Is this is a joke?
JJP doing Zepplin would be the best all around choice here. Depending on the gameplay and style it would be my first JJP. Now JJP doing Sabbath and it 100% becomes my first JJP.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Considering Music since the late 90's is absolute garbage with no soul.

I would not say the music of the 90's has no soul, I would just say things have changed considerably and the music of today is more segmented with different music genres. There are very few bands today with mass appeal that can sell out stadiums. A few artist are able to still pull it off like Garth Brooks and The Rolling Stones but other artist struggle to capture the mass appeal that some of these legendary rock bands once had. So much competition nowadays with Rap/ R & B, New Age, Alternative rock, etc. In the 90's I turned to jam bands to get my guitar solo fix and it just was not the same having jam songs that can last 20 minutes or longer. I started to feel like I needed to be intoxicated to keep my attention span and keep bobbing my head with enjoyment. While I will not say the music of the 90's is garbage, I will say the music of today pales in comparison to some of the legendary musicians and bands of the past.

Current list of today's top 10 guitarist (Meh-no comparison)....
https://www.thetoptens.com/top-current-guitarists/

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

That was almost six minutes of my life that I can't get back. Simply dreadful caterwauling.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

That was almost six minutes of my life that I can't get back. Simply dreadful caterwauling.

ditto
thank god he didn't make it

#97 4 years ago

Led Zeppelin better play Bonzo's Montreaux at some point AND do Bonham's triplets every time the ball hits a pop bumper or I'm OUT! lol

#98 4 years ago

Is Led Zeppelin confirmed ? Or is this
Just speculation?

#99 4 years ago

A moving stage the size of the ring from WWE could be an interesting process.

#100 4 years ago

I'm interested in a LZ pin, be it a reskin or new modern design.
I'm a big Beatles fan and was initially let down by the reskin and focus on Beatlemania. I had hopes of a modern pin with a combination of Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Peppers. Then I got a chance to play it and fell in love. I'm now a proud owner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/2?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.