8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 42.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol I'm very sorry this thread didn't go the way you thought. Who would have thought so much complaining would occur over a $6k - $9k+ product that has little in it in terms of toys and features. Just keep telling yourself that "flow" (air in ramps and orbits) is worth thousands of $$$.

Watch what you say you're one of those 10 JJP fanboys. And the op is a hypocrite for even starting a thread that he leans 100% to one side in scolds anybody for open conversation about the other side

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm very sorry this thread didn't go the way you thought

This thread has zero relevance until at least 6 months past both games honeymoon stage. Wait until all the people start dumping their boxes of lights and prices plummet as others eyes open up to true 'Ritchie' greatness. Oh lord-I have seen the light-Amen Brother-Time to dump this 10K paperweight

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This thread has zero relevance until at least 6 months past both games honeymoon stage. Wait until all the people start dumping their boxes of lights and prices plummet as others eyes open up to true 'Ritchie' greatness. Oh lord-I have seen the light-Amen Brother-Time to dump this 10K paperweight

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want to apologize for creating a VS thread that really is unbalanced. I thought about it and it really is no comparison. An epic band 'LED ZEPPELIN' with iconic timeless music, and the fabulously famous number one designer-'Steve Ritchie' with his signature fun, fast game design VS Guns N Roses-a band struggling to keep their relevance from the late 80's with Fat Axl running around stage way past his prime(lip-syncing), and another over-packed JJP game design with repetitive modes and unbalanced scoring. A game that actually has a great theme-plays well and has monster flow vs a box of pretty lights with Fat Axl running around on LCD screen?
Again my apologies for the un-balanced VS thread. In hindsight I should have made the thread name "Stern Heavy Metal vs. JJP Guns N Roses" Sorry guys-next time I will try and compare games in the same category. I would still take a Stern Heavy Metal over a JJP Guns N Roses. Now for the same 10 JJP trolls to thumbs down-rinse and repeat.

Man, what a troll! ..but I’ll bite. That fat axl you speak of, is in better shape than most pinsiders, and probably you; In fact he’s in better shape than most middle aged Americans. The reason you all think he’s fat is because you keep comparing him to heroin-meth’d out crack Axl lol. As for the pins, yea - no comparison is right, GNR is leagues beyond anything stern will do in this lifetime (pun intended).

Oh and Led Zeppelin? Really, you want to support a band that made it’s living and stardom on ripping off other peoples music? Looks like Stern tried to take a page out of Led Zeppelin’s book as well and rip off JJP on the side light rails.....swing and a miss. Enjoy your licensed hindered, simplistic, sparse, overpriced Zep pin.

As for my non-troll response and in all seriousness. I hope you guys get the blinders pulled off you someday, doesn’t have to be now, enjoy your troll posts, but one day I hope you see the light as i have. Peace.

#1255 3 years ago
Clinching Pearls.pngClinching Pearls.pngClinching.pngClinching.png
#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man, what a troll! ..but I’ll bite. That fat axl you speak of, is in better shape than most pinsiders, and probably you; In fact he’s in better shape than most middle aged Americans. The reason you all think he’s fat is because you keep comparing him to heroin-meth’d out crack Axl lol. As for the pins, yea - no comparison is right, GNR is leagues beyond anything stern will do in this lifetime (pun intended).
Oh and Led Zeppelin? Really, you want to support a band that made it’s living and stardom on ripping off other peoples music? Looks like Stern tried to take a page out of Led Zeppelin’s book as well and rip off JJP on the side light rails.....swing and a miss. Enjoy your licensed hindered, simplistic, sparse, overpriced Zep pin.
As for my non-troll response and in all seriousness. I hope you guys get the blinders pulled off you someday, doesn’t have to be now, enjoy your troll posts, but one day I hope you see the light as i have. Peace.

Let’s be fair here, the highlight of the GNR game is Live and Let Die and it’s associated light show which isn’t theirs. It’s borrowed.
I will also say if you go see Sir Paul he does the lights and Pyro better to it as well.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Let’s be fair here, the highlight of the GNR game is Live and Let Die and it’s associated light show which isn’t theirs. It’s borrowed.
I will also say if you go see Sir Paul he does the lights and Pyro better to it as well.

And this is the problem with pinball and vs. threads. If you think the highlight of GNR is Live and Let die, you obviously haven't experienced the game. So I’ll refer back to my previous comment and say, i hope one day the blinders are taken off.

I’m gonna bail this thread for awhile as I’ve said what I wanted to say and can leave it at that (unlike some - not referring to you @psw757). Peace out.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And this is the problem with pinball and vs. threads. If you think the highlight of GNR is Live and Let die, you obviously haven't experienced the game. So I’ll refer back to my previous comment and say, i hope one day the blinders are taken off.
I’m gonna bail this thread for awhile as I’ve said what I wanted to say and can leave it at that (unlike some - not referring to you psw757). Peace out.

Hey - I agree with this and I’m not going to say LZ is a more loaded machine because it simplyisn’t and it really doesn’t need to be to get the job done.

People do get too emotional about all this, it’s all fun either way...it’s pinball!

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

man the upper flipper is a waste on the game. The dead end shot isn’t good. When has SR ever had a main level upper flipper shot that didn’t loop?

Agree, not good. Avengers pro minus the marvel ramp at least has a spinner and hook around that provides some satisfaction. Other Richie pros have been lights out. This alone will have me considering a premium further down the line.

#1260 3 years ago
Do not poke the bear.jpgDo not poke the bear.jpg
#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

True Ritchie greatness is a couple ramps and a rising spinner? Here I was thinking it was STTNG that is loaded with multiple mechs and features. I hope Steve makes one game for JJP before he retires, that way he won't be held back by a budget designed to generate maximum profit despite a $6k - $9k+ price tag.

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

True Ritchie greatness is a couple ramps and a rising spinner?

Actually four complete metal ramps, but who is counting?

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually four complete metal ramps, but who is counting?

Do you hear yourself,your actually bragging that the highlight of the game are metal ramps.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now that...... is some funny shit right there! Fat Pinsider slobs!

#1265 3 years ago

Btw, just got call today, get my GNRCE delivered in 2-3 weeks per Distro from JJP call requesting funds.

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you hear yourself,your actually bragging that the highlight of the game are metal ramps.

Don't forget the other amazing achievement...you can backhand both ramps! OMG...

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, just got call today, get my GNRCE delivered in 2-3 weeks per Distro from JJP call requesting funds.

Congrats ICE!

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Don't forget the other amazing achievement...you can backhand both ramps! OMG...

Does that make it 6 metal ramps now?

#1269 3 years ago

I was gunna say the same thing. If fat Axl is the lead off argument, again and again and again times 50, GNR is a hell of a game!

And in terms of relevance. GNR has been selling out stadiums for 4 years before covid with many more shows planned. When was the last time LZ sold out a stadium? Or even played together? Can it possibly be that the band that hasn’t played together in how many years is less relevant?

Edit: 1985! They haven’t played together for 35+ years. That is the epitome of relevance right there. . All of them except the drummer is still alive, they just don’t want to.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man, what a troll! ..but I’ll bite. That fat axl you speak of, is in better shape than most pinsiders, and probably you;

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I was gunna say the same thing. If fat Axl is the lead off argument, again and again and again times 50, GNR is a hell of a game!
And in terms of relevance. GNR has been selling out stadiums for 4 years before covid with many more shows planned. When was the last time LZ sold out a stadium? Or even played together? Can it possibly be that the band that hasn’t played together in how many years is less relevant?
Edit: 1985! They haven’t played together for 35+ years. That is the epitome of relevance right there. . All of them except the drummer is still alive, they just don’t want to.

A0763F0C-88FB-4412-A25C-3A65B623D827 (resized).jpegA0763F0C-88FB-4412-A25C-3A65B623D827 (resized).jpeg
#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol I'm very sorry this thread didn't go the way you thought. Who would have thought so much complaining would occur over a $6k - $9k+ product that has little in it in terms of toys and features. Just keep telling yourself that "flow" (air in ramps and orbits) is worth thousands of $$$.

What toy does GnR have in it? a static top hat? clapping cymbals? On the other hand the Electric Magic mech is the most unique device made in a long time. A pop up optical spinner that is also a ball lock, and functions as a diverter and bi-directional kickback all while taking up zero playfield space, not obstructing the players view and allowing the game to be a flow monster.

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

1135540D-CB79-4872-B764-F2E4AEBDE573 (resized).jpeg1135540D-CB79-4872-B764-F2E4AEBDE573 (resized).jpeg
#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

8405BD7B-AE13-4C4B-8C04-92D1CFDE2862.gif8405BD7B-AE13-4C4B-8C04-92D1CFDE2862.gif
#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

What toy does GnR have in it? a static top hat? clapping cymbals? On the other hand the Electric Magic mech is the most unique device made in a long time. A pop up optical spinner that is also a ball lock, and functions as a diverter and bi-directional kickback all while taking up zero playfield space, not obstructing the players view and allowing the game to be a flow monster.

There’s rumours that it also functions as a pretty decent flesh light ?

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There’s rumours that it also functions as a pretty decent flesh light ?

Nah that would be the coin door on GNR for all the fluffers and puffers.

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nah that would be the coin door on GNR for all the fluffers and puffers.

Definitely want a GnR now really just commenting on the very detailed grandiose assessment of that LZ mystery machine.I’ve got a feeling LZ will win best toy of the year for that one!

#1277 3 years ago

LZ LE four ramps to two flippers

GnR LE Two ramps to four flippers.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Jimmy Page can’t really play guitar these days. Plant still tours, well before Covid.

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh wow! I hadn't heard anyone hearing about the CEs yet. Congrats! I hope mine is not too far out

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

LZ LE four ramps to two flippers
GnR LE Two ramps to four flippers.

Do you really want to argue about what each pin has on its playfield?
GnR game of the year awards LZ best band ever but no game of the year!

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you really want to argue about what each pin has on its playfield?
GnR game of the year awards LZ best band ever but no game of the year!

What's the point of doing that? I know which one is coming to my house,

I watched the LZ streams.... after 30 mins I had to mute the sound...

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

What's the point of doing that? I know which one is coming to my house,
I watched the LZ streams.... after 30 mins I had to mute the sound...

Those all outs are pretty bad.

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Definitely want a GnR now really just commenting on the very detailed grandiose assessment of that LZ mystery machine.I’ve got a feeling LZ will win best toy of the year for that one!

is that the best comeback you got? you never answered the question of what toy GnR has, other than your desire for it to include a fleshlight.
Lets compare features ------
Flippers: GNR 3 full size 1 mini --- LZ 4 full size
Pops: Both have 3
Magnets: GNR 1 --- LZ 2
Ramps: GNR 3 plastic -- LZ 4 Stainless steel (as a restoration guy fully metal ramps are a huge upgrade)
Spinners: GNR 2 mechanical switch -- LZ 1 mechanical, 1 optical
Special feature: GNR spinning disc (same basic design used in the 70's) -- LZ new Electric Magic multifunction pop up spinner/ ball lock, kickback etc...
Scoop/Saucer: both have 1
Side rail lighting - both have it
Ball Diverter/gate: GNR -- 1 LZ 1
Drop targets: GNR 0 -- LZ 1
Leaper target: GNR 0 -- LZ 1
Upper playfield: GNR yes -- LZ no
Playfield ball lock: GNR 6ball passive -- LZ 1 ball motorized
When you actually break it down the games are similarly equipped mechanically with devices that interact with the ball.
Personally i think GNR and LZ look good and more than likely ill own both. Not everyone has the same tastes in games and thats fine, however If you're gonna say a game "sucks" at least back up your statement with some kind of facts.

#1284 3 years ago

however If you're gonna say a game "sucks" at least back up your statement with some kind of facts.

Or maybe play it a few times in a home setting first?

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Those all outs are pretty bad.

Yeah...you should hear the callouts in Wonka.

#1286 3 years ago

is that the best comeback you got? you never answered the question of what toy GnR has, other than your desire for it to include a fleshlight.
Ramps: GNR 3 plastic -- LZ 4 Stainless steel (as a restoration guy fully metal ramps are a huge upgrade)
Special feature: GNR spinning disc (same basic design used in the 70's) -- LZ new Electric Magic multifunction pop up spinner/ ball lock, kickback etc...
When you actually break it down the games are similarly equipped mechanically with devices that interact with the ball.
Personally i think GNR and LZ look good and more than likely ill own both. Not everyone has the same tastes in games and thats fine, however If you're gonna say a game "sucks" at least back up your statement with some kind of facts.

Man your working way too hard to be right!Enjoy playing your LZ pinball machine!

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You too enjoy your new LZ pin!

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wonka is 10X the game LZ is....

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wonka callouts are ok. Dialed In callouts are horrifying.

#1290 3 years ago

I got to play both of them today - dropped $40 on them.

Completly different games from the opposite side of the pinball experience spectrum. LZ is bare and compared to GNR, it isn't even in the same league. But both were fun for different reasons. LZ is pure flow, and the ramps are not easy to hit, where GNR the ramps can be made by a blind man.

Not sure why all the hate - we got two great pins and something for anyone....although for what these machines are priced at, not sure which one I'll get.

#1291 3 years ago

Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing Stern justify their prices in 2021 with more toys and features.

#1292 3 years ago

No Doubt both have features and may play well , but when it comes down to looks . GNR by a landslide

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So as if LZ wasn’t already losing, here is Stern insuring nobody will ever want to see or stream that ugly AF pinball machine. Game/Set/Match to JJP GNR FTW
[quoted image]

But even the Deadflip stream has no music, why can't we see the gameplay with music on? I just don't get how not allowing the music to be played is going to help pinball sales

#1294 3 years ago

Fact check time!

You'll have to point out that 4th flipper on LZ to me.

As well as that second magnet?

To be fair here, GNR only has 2 shootable ramps. One that is plastic->metal and one that is plastic->drumsticks->metal. There is also a 3rd-level return ramp that is fed by a popper (metal->3rd level mini-pf->bass ramp wireform).

Nope, both GNR spinners are optos, as we've mostly used since Hobbit. Nice to see Stern finally get on board with these, though. They shoot way better.

The disc isn't quite the same as it's bidirectional now, and the lightshow syncs perfectly with it. Personally I'd put the upper playfield here too, but you do cover it below.

No, GNR has it and it's patent pending. LZ has cabinet lighting that's been seen before.

GNR: 2 active (1 on each ramp), 4 passive (1 into 6-ball lockup, 3 on bass ramp mini pf). CE has a 3rd diverter in the left outlane that leads to a second lockup.

The diverter action in GNR gives 9 shots with 22 possible ball paths. LZ seems to have 7/8 shots and 10/12 ball paths.

however If you're gonna say a game "sucks" at least back up your statement with some kind of facts.

Preferably accurate ones!

#1295 3 years ago

Calm yourself Qweeefer!

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Fact check time!

You'll have to point out that 4th flipper on LZ to me.

As well as that second magnet?

To be fair here, GNR only has 2 shootable ramps. One that is plastic->metal and one that is plastic->drumsticks->metal. There is also a 3rd-level return ramp that is fed by a popper (metal->3rd level mini-pf->bass ramp wireform).

Nope, both GNR spinners are optos, as we've mostly used since Hobbit. Nice to see Stern finally get on board with these, though. They shoot way better.

The disc isn't quite the same as it's bidirectional now, and the lightshow syncs perfectly with it. Personally I'd put the upper playfield here too, but you do cover it below.

No, GNR has it and it's patent pending. LZ has cabinet lighting that's been seen before.

GNR: 2 active (1 on each ramp), 4 passive (1 into 6-ball lockup, 3 on bass ramp mini pf). CE has a 3rd diverter in the left outlane that leads to a second lockup.
The diverter action in GNR gives 9 shots with 22 possible ball paths. LZ seems to have 7/8 shots and 10/12 ball paths.

Preferably accurate ones!

Well said - i stand corrected

#1297 3 years ago

Love it when a creator comes into a thread and schools people on what's what

#1298 3 years ago

Hey Keefer showed up in my troll thread! I truly feel honored

Now if I can just get Gary and Jack to commit to an arm wrestling competition? -that would put a huge smile on my face

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That fat axl you speak of, is in better shape than most pinsiders, and probably you; In fact he’s in better shape than most middle aged Americans.

Forgot+this+my+favorite+laughing+reaction+image+just+for+you+_d41a035081643e0e1686a58cf65c5280 (resized).jpgForgot+this+my+favorite+laughing+reaction+image+just+for+you+_d41a035081643e0e1686a58cf65c5280 (resized).jpgUnknown-5 (resized).jpegUnknown-5 (resized).jpegUnknown-6 (resized).jpegUnknown-6 (resized).jpeg
#1300 3 years ago

I think u drank too much yesterday.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/26?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.