8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 42.
#1001 3 years ago

Zep is gonna be a Top Shooter, as expected from "The King"

In the meantime I expect the criticism of Zep to keep flying until we see some get released.

Right now I'll play some IMDN with 1.08 Code that just dropped

While I patiently wait for my GnR

#1002 3 years ago

AIQ is a crazy shot making “flow fest”

Elwin is the new King. Lol

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Yah but he is referring to a light show as to what makes it great... a light show during a cover tune no less.
So its heavy on the fluff.. seems allot of you like fluff in the cold November rain (whatever the fuck that is)
Not a ton of comments that its awesome for its gameplay that I can find.

It's not the best shooting game. The skill shot is kind of flawed, the songs are basically all hurry-ups, very Guitar Hero. Kind of weird.

But the presentation is top notch. Zep just looks empty, like they're trying to force Steve to retire with shit BOMs.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not the best shooting game. The skill shot is kind of flawed, the songs are basically all hurry-ups, very Guitar Hero. Kind of weird.
But the presentation is top notch. Zep just looks empty, like they're trying to force Steve to retire with shit BOMs.

Kings don't retire bro.

It's gonna have to be regicide.

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kings don't retire bro.
It's gonna have to be regicide.

A new word!
Thanks!

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Yah but he is referring to a light show as to what makes it great... a light show during a cover tune no less.
So its heavy on the fluff.. seems allot of you like fluff in the cold November rain (whatever the fuck that is)
Not a ton of comments that its awesome for its gameplay that I can find.

Dude you are delusional

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just kiddin of course. But really, STH?

Bought ST for Christmas for the family and it’s a good fun game that gives me that one more game feel. Now waiting for Elvira to be made and hopefully a LZ ends up in Arizona on route so I can try it. Still not happy with the direction LZ went. Wish I was a bigger GnR fan.

#1008 3 years ago

Much like a zeppelin Sterns new pin is filled mostly with air. It's just so empty. I don't think my theories are that crazy look how much they gave Elwin for JP.

The art is also.... Ug. At least Aerosmith let them be creative. This is style guide drop and place cranked to 11. You could say the same for the GNR album art cab but it looks nice in person.

GNR is "execution above theme", whereas from what we've seen Zep is only for hardcore fans of the band.

#1009 3 years ago

What the "HECK" are you talking about?

It is so empty and bare-without actually flipping it makes it sound like you are an armchair quarterback sitting back in your LAZY-Boy like your Avatar.

The "ART" is "ug"- you as a designer should know about what assets are available for certain licenses and how difficult things can be to get signed off on for "creative art". and yes the albums are great for "Fans".

"GNR" is an execution of a fantastic repetitive light show-it will really wow the newbie players for years to come!

Yes 007(Live and let Die) is a fantastic "copied" song best performed by Paul and probably is the best part of the entire game

I do agree with your comments about it playing like Guitar Hero(actually a great analogy) It does just that-shoot for the next blinking light in sequence for song, now do that 20+ times in a row-again repetitive to many.

I also agree with your saying it is weird. To me it just feels off and does play weird-(great light show though).

I value your opinion as a designer and can say when America's Most Haunted was released, I shrugged it off and thought it was a turd. You know what happened next? I actually played it and I ended up loving it! Do not judge a book by it's cover

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What the "HECK" are you talking about?
It is so empty and bare-without actually flipping it makes it sound you are an armchair quarterback sitting back in your LAZY-Boy like your Avatar.
The "ART" is "ug"- you as a designer should know about what assets are available for certain licenses and how difficult things can be to get signed off on for "creative art". and yes the albums are great for "Fans".
"GNR" is an execution of a fantastic repetitive light show-it will really wow the newbie players for years to come!
Yes 007 is a fantastic "copied" song best performed by Paul and probably is the best part of the entire game
I do agree with your comments about it playing like Guitar Hero(actually a great analogy) It does just that-shoot for the next blinking light in sequence for song, now do that 20+ times in a row-again repetitive to many.
I also agree with your saying it is weird. To me it just feels off and does play weird-(great light show though).
I value your opinion as a designer and can say when America's Most Haunted was released, I shrugged it off and thought it was a turd. You know what happened next? I actually played and I ended up loving it! Do not judge a book by it's cover

Back up bro he already said GnR’s kicks ass!!!Give it up Capt.Stern

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Give it up Capt.Stern

and here come the trolls

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Elwin is the new King. Lol

Ice seriously Bro how much were you drinking last night?

Elwin can't even hold Steve's jock strap

Steve is King and always will be

Elwin is good at fancy ramp configurations but does not come close to the "King"
Also Ice-I thought AIQ was amazing until I played 20+ games on it-the Honeymoon stage went away quickly for me on that one

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you are delusional

How so? See the post by Ben above me where he says "its not the best shooting game".

A few posts ago you think he's right on target now he's not because you disagree?

Game doesnt play that great... if it did i would have one.

It doesnt suck by any stretch but the package is way better than the play.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Elwin is good at fancy ramp configurations but does not come close to the "King"
Also Ice-I thought AIQ was amazing until I played 20+ games on it-the Honeymoon stage went away quickly for me on that one

You're giving these people WAY too much of your time. I agree with everything you say, but at this point, it's like Democrats and Republicans arguing. What's the point? Go enjoy your Christmas, remember what's really important (and comparing artwork on pinball machines ain't it!), and enjoy being alive. And I love Elwin's designs, btw. And Ritchie's. And Borg's. And that punk kid from JJP whose name escapes me now. LOL!

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Much like a zeppelin Sterns new pin is filled mostly with air. It's just so empty. I don't think my theories are that crazy look how much they gave Elwin for JP.
The art is also.... Ug. At least Aerosmith let them be creative. This is style guide drop and place cranked to 11. You could say the same for the GNR album art cab but it looks nice in person.
GNR is "execution above theme", whereas from what we've seen Zep is only for hardcore fans of the band.

Lol. That pretty much sums up a majority of new Stern's

"Much like a zeppelin Sterns new pin is filled mostly with air". Yup, there's your flow for $6k - $9k+.

#1016 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the current price range is on new sterns? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

#1017 3 years ago

I find it wildly entertaining reading all the Stern Fanboys trying to argue that LZ is in the same league as GNR....I like both bands, designers, companies, etc so really have no preference, but to say that a ramp game with essentially zero toys plays better is quite frankly a joke. I get it that the game might have more flow due to the open play field, but give me a break.

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're giving these people WAY too much of your time.

I know but I do have fun poking. I also like to show people the other side of things, especially the newbies. I feel I have seen enough reveals and I have an idea that bashing a game and trying to make comparisons before actually flipping it-is really just plain silly. I do like Elwin and did not mean any dis respect-just that he has his own style.(Love my JP)

You have a Merry Christmas Boob and I appreciate other level headed Pinsiders-it is refreshing

#1019 3 years ago

It certainly looks more fun to shoot and the main feature of the premium I am more interested in than the various features GNR has.

I wish LZ had the concert experience GNR had worth the exact same layout of LZ. That would be an insta buy for me.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I find it wildly entertaining reading all the Stern Fanboys trying to argue that LZ is in the same league as GNR....I like both bands, designers, companies, etc so really have no preference, but to say that a ramp game with essentially zero toys plays better is quite frankly a joke. I get it that the game might have more flow due to the open play field, but give me a break.

It's all about the flow man! That air between the ramps and orbits is worth thousands of $$$.

Meanwhile Gary at home.

2539433-2642583531-24674.gif2539433-2642583531-24674.gif

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish LZ had the concert experience

Come on Chucky-you don't know until you play it. In the videos-it definitely gave me that psychedelic concert vibe. In a dark room-this game will not only ROCK but it will be visually satisfying. Can you guys tell-I am trying to stay positive and put out good vibes about LZ. Hoping it plays well-from the looks of the video I think it may?

#1022 3 years ago

I’m definitely willing to be surprised but all the videos I saw of GNR before playing it gave me those awesome concert chills. Definitely didn’t get that from LZ, but I’ll gladly eat my words on that when I go to play it.

Here’s what’s stuck in my head when comparing the two:

Show me on LZ a moment that compares to playing Live and Let Die on GNR?

The first time I saw that song on video it blew me away and was even better in person.

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hoping it plays well-from the looks of the video I think it may?

Oh this is no question. I only needed to see a couple mins of gameplay to know I’d like shooting LZ more.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

and here come the trolls

Probably you will attack me here, but in my POV you should be more impartial in your own thread.... you posted a pic of Axl just to make fun of something that isn’t related with the Pinball, that was trolling from you, what was the point of that pic?... that he’s fat now?... it doesn’t have nothing to do with the game or this/your thread, if I post stuff related with Guns N’Roses net worth compared with Led Zeppelin’s net worth or Slash looking the same for the past 30 years, or insulting the looks of LZ band members, you will write me that I’m in the wrong thread.

Enjoy your Led Zeppelin Pinmister, cheers.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Enjoy your Led Zeppelin Pinmister, cheers.

Cheers to you guy standing in front of Rolls Royce, can you pass me some Grey Puopon please?

grey-poupon.jpggrey-poupon.jpg

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Cheers to you guy standing in front of Rolls Royce
[quoted image]

I’m just grateful with my own personal and material dreams, thank you.

3BDED7F0-2A20-46A1-83D5-DA4F4FE157F1 (resized).jpeg3BDED7F0-2A20-46A1-83D5-DA4F4FE157F1 (resized).jpeg62A61A84-CC21-4C33-B367-A86E1C4F1DDC (resized).jpeg62A61A84-CC21-4C33-B367-A86E1C4F1DDC (resized).jpeg
#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Cheers to you guy standing in front of Rolls Royce, can you pass me some Grey Puopon please?
[quoted image]

No, I can’t... my Rolls-Royce is not the extended wheel base, it’s just Phantom(meaning the owner drives his own car, not with a driver in front). Thanks.

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m just grateful with my own personal and material dreams, thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image]

More power to you my Capitalist brother!

#1029 3 years ago

I mean yeah, I remember when Iron Man came out, seemed empty and lame. It was actually the "straw that broke the camels back" and convinced Jack to start JJP (he called it "Junk Man")

But the game turned out to be brutal fun with a simple yet rewarding gameplay loop. Enough so that the initial run didn't meet demand and they vaulted it.

Haven't played a Zep, maybe I will when Hilton inevitably puts one on location. Just looks really empty from first impressions.

GNR doesn't really have interactive toys either per se but there's so much cool stuff on it - the upper PF, the chrome fret guides, the simple yet effective toggle latches that load the fret lock, the dual stage lights than move around during a song, the drum sticks... Just an all around great package that puts a concert under glass. Glad to see Eric get the success he was kind of robbed of with the short run of Pirates.

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I mean yeah, I remember when Iron Man came out, seemed empty and lame. It was actually the "straw that broke the camels back" and convinced Jack to start JJP (he called it "Junk Man")
But the game turned out to be brutal fun with a simple yet rewarding gameplay loop. Enough so that the initial run didn't meet demand and they vaulted it.

Yah exactly.. another recent example is Star Wars which gets all kinds of shit and is probably one the best to come out in years (que the screaming and yelling about Star Wars sucking by people who have barely played it)

Its a hard game that is not easy to learn so if you arent that great a player or dont take the time to learn it you will hate it.

Those of us who dont suck at pinball love it.

#1031 3 years ago

GnR has way more 'wow' than LZ but code will decide which has longevity in the home, especially if not a fan of either band.

GnR song jackpots seem real fun, just like ACDC.

But, reading other posts, scoring on album modes and progression is disappointing.......so far.

Hope it improves, as that is all that is stopping me from buying one.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

GnR has way more 'wow' than LZ but code will decide which has longevity in the home, especially if not a fan of either band.
But, reading other posts, scoring on album modes and progression is disappointing.......so far.

Tell you something, you take the light show out of that game and it’s average. Good art, Not a great shooter, upper PF worthless, maybe 6 out of 22 songs are ok and code is just ok with some annoying sounds and some slot machine sounds that don’t quite fit in.

That light show is what makes it shine. I think JJP f’ed up not having the multi color hot rails on the SE because it’s the more fun shooter. Too bad you can’t upgrade either big miss in my opinion.

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You can bet your Benjamin’s the code will be a lot better on album modes and any other issues.
I owned DI for a long time and then out of the blue came theatre multiball and other polish.The game was done (I thought so)but damn Keith and crew slid another layer on the cake!I can assure they are listening and looking at the benefits of their audiences suggestions.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You can very bet your Benjamin’s the code will be a lot better on album modes and any other issues.
I owned DI for a long time and then out of the blue came theatre multiball and other polish.The game was done (I thought so)but damn Keith and crew slid another layer on the cake!I can assure they are listening and looking at the benefits of their audiences suggestions.

I don’t trust them with code, where is the POTC code?

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

ICEMAN is 100 percent on point. Its comparing Star Trek TNG to Whoa Nellie.. IMHO Not bashing LZ... FOR ME its just laughable at 9100.00, the value is not there. The BOM is 3100 for that LE. I like Stern games.. but... wash, rinse, repeat.... If you are buying one, enjoy it. Dont let others dissuade you from what you want. I want a Stern LE that LOOKS like 9100.00 Im sure LZ will play fun, just dont see the value at 9100.00...

Saying that the value is not there on LE or CE games is a joke people pay for the small run they are not paying for the game

#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Actually a GnR SE is $6750

No it is not as it is the only game the local distributor has ever charged shipping

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You can bet your Benjamin’s the code will be a lot better on album modes and any other issues.

I hope you're right. My personal philosophy (when it's possible) is to wait until a game has been out at least a year before buying. By that time all the kinks are worked out, production quality is usually up, and you know for sure whether the code is awesome or not and you may even be able to save a few bucks buying HUO. Instead of buying a 2021 release next year I'll likely buy whatever 2020 game is looking the best from a code/gameplay perspective. I hope it's GNR as I'd like to own my first JJP/Eric title!

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No it is not as it is the only game the local distributor has ever charged shipping

That is the MSRP

#1039 3 years ago

I’m beginning to think Ben is right.

They give Ritchie the low BOM games and just tell him to rearrange the ramps, buyers won’t know or care because it’s a Ritchie “flow monster”

Ritchie can’t carry Elwin’s jock strap these days. Lol

I’m sure SW and LZ license fees were 2 of their biggest.

Gary, “Just throw together a box of lights Steve”

#1040 3 years ago

They had to reskin a Seawitch to even make Beatles work

#1041 3 years ago

Rock and roll themes are really subject to opinions that can make or break a game if you dislike the band. We all have our own opinions and taste and there is no right and wrong, only what is right or wrong for you. I have hated looking at KISS for my entire life and never bought or purposely listened to their music. Likewise Iron Maiden and Guns and Roses. I literally hate every single Iron Maiden song I have ever heard and there is no changing that. I like exactly two Guns and Roses songs and can't stand the rest of it. I've never bought a GnR album or ever purposely listened to one of their songs. I have many times changed the station when they come on though. As nice as the GnR light show is, I was underwhelmed with the shots and the sound quality, so this is simply a location game for me.

On the other hand I grew up listening to ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rush, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Tom Petty and Queen. I have owned every LZ studio album and Steve Ritchie is my favorite designer. As my avatar would show, I love open fast games like AFM and look forward to my first four-ramp game since WH20 when my LZLE shows up in less than a month now. To me this is a no brainer from day one and still is. I can always add some mods to the game like I did with Star Wars if I feel it is too empty. The LZLE gameplay looks great and the upper flipper ramp is obviously a new classic Ritchie upper flipper shot. The innovative lighting embedded in the cabinet instead of just having the molded light bars out of a crane game is also a very elegant design. Can't wait... I don't blame anyone for disagreeing, especially as packed as GnR is and as limited as Stern was with the LZ license, but to me there is only one choice here. I also love the topper and have one on order.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Rock and roll themes are really subject to opinions that can make or break a game if you dislike the band. We all have our own opinions and taste and there is no right and wrong, only what is right or wrong for you. I have hated looking at KISS for my entire life and never bought or purposely listened to their music. Likewise Iron Maiden and Guns and Roses. I literally hate every single Iron Maiden song I have ever heard and there is no changing that. I like exactly two Guns and Roses songs and can't stand the rest of it. I've never bought a GnR album or ever purposely listened to one of their songs. I have many times changed the station when they come on though. As nice as the GnR light show is, I was underwhelmed with the shots and the sound quality, so this is simply a location game for me.
On the other hand I grew up listening to ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rush, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Tom Petty and Queen. I have owned every LZ studio album and Steve Ritchie is my favorite designer. As my avatar would show, I love open fast games like AFM and look forward to my first four-ramp game since WH20 when my LZLE shows up in less than a month now. To me this is a no brainer from day one and still is. I can always add some mods to the game like I did with Star Wars if I feel it is too empty. The LZLE gameplay looks great and the upper flipper ramp is obviously a new classic Ritchie upper flipper shot. The innovative lighting embedded in the cabinet instead of just having the molded light bars out of a crane game is also a very elegant design. Can't wait... I don't blame anyone for disagreeing, especially as packed as GnR is and as limited as Stern was with the LZ license, but to me there is only one choice here. I also love the topper and have one on order.

Well said

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They had to reskin a Seawitch to even make Beatles work

Fun game nonetheless and at least they picked one of the best classics, there were much worse options going the retro single level route.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ice knows more than everyone else about everything. The fact that he is rich (and constantly lets you know about his stock market prowess) makes it true. Was he born with silver spoon in his mouth? Doesn't matter. The fact that he's rich means that he has superior intellect and knowledge about all topics (including pinball) that exceeds everyone else's.

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Ice knows more about everyone else about everything. The fact that he is rich (and constantly lets you know about his stock market prowess) makes it true. Was he born with silver spoon in his mouth? Doesn't matter. The fact that he's rich means that he has superior intellect and knowledge about all topics (including pinball) that exceeds everyone else's.

Ouch

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Ice knows more about everyone else about everything. The fact that he is rich (and constantly lets you know about his stock market prowess) makes it true. Was he born with silver spoon in his mouth? Doesn't matter. The fact that he's rich means that he has superior intellect and knowledge about all topics (including pinball) that exceeds everyone else's.

Hate to break it to you.. anyone who can afford this dopey hobby is "rich".

And pretty much everyone here thinks they know everything.

#1047 3 years ago

He sounds full of resentment for the iceman!

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Ice knows more than everyone else about everything. The fact that he is rich (and constantly lets you know about his stock market prowess) makes it true. Was he born with silver spoon in his mouth? Doesn't matter. The fact that he's rich means that he has superior intellect and knowledge about all topics (including pinball) that exceeds everyone else's.

or just possibly the guy has worked his ass off and has done well for himself. The reality is most people on this forum have a too much disposable income. How else can one justify paying $10K for a game let alone have several in your collection....

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Well said! next time I’m in Cocoa, I’ll hit ya up. The wife and I went to the place in Oviedo twice last time we were there.

#1050 3 years ago

Watching IEpinball stream on twitch
GnR’s will keep us busy for months if not years so much going on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/21?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.