8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 42.
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Another one of the 'Psychological' aspects is the need for attention and recognition. What some of these trolls do for a thumbs up has me shaking my head. Meanwhile in parent's basement-another keyboard commando is born. Oh Vey!

Quoted from pinmister:

Do not write off LZ as just another one. Best to actually play the game first. Everyone of Stern's games is different. I bashed the shit out of GOTG upon release-this is just a Metallica rehashed turd! Oh the similarity! Just another cookie-cutter Stern! Then I actually played it, and then I bought it. It is unique and plays nothing like my Metallica sitting right next to it.
Come on guys-at least play the game first-then make up your OWN mind. Do NOT follow the sheep or listen to the pinside parrots.

Parrots & Pearls damn dude do you get a % of each one sold?

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You two could circle jerk all day

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What about the fact that some of us buy for what the game is and not the perceived value? I buy games that are fun and I want to own. The price or value doesn’t matter to me. I know when I sell I’ll get a good chunk of my money back. Good enough for me.
GNR is super fun, but at 7500, I need more time on it to see if it’s for me or not. Too much money to have tied up in a game I don’t absolutely have to have. Could be the best value in pinball, it’s still 7500.
It’s easier to jump in on a stern pro at under 6k as I know it will shoot well, and if it’s not for me I’ll move it on for close to what I paid.

Then the value for YOU is there, enjoy the hell out of it... then we agree. Its what its worth TO YOU. I cant get passed that the big toy in the game is a SPINNER... But everyone looks for something different.

#954 3 years ago

I'm a fan of both bands.
I'm already in on a GnR LE I was thinking of ordering a LZ LE prior to release.
I knew in my bones they would screw the art (enough said). The LZ shots look super cool, dare I say, maybe even better than GnR???? Love the flow and both spinners.

I played my jam packed Luci Vault again earlier and then compared everything to LZ.
I thought to myself............. WTF, decision quantified, no LZ for me!

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Then the value for YOU is there, enjoy the hell out of it... then we agree. Its what its worth TO YOU. I cant get passed that the big toy in the game is a SPINNER... But everyone looks for something different.

Yeah and to me, a 6 ball lock that dumps the balls onto the playfield isn’t anything special either.

But for these titles I’m looking at standards and Pros so it’s moot anyway.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I'm a fan of both bands.
I'm already in on a GnR LE I was thinking of ordering a LZ LE prior to release.
I knew in my bones they would screw the art (enough said). The LZ shots look super cool, dare I say, maybe even better than GnR???? Love the flow and both spinners.
I played my jam packed Luci Vault again earlier and then compared everything to LZ.
I thought to myself............. WTF, decision quantified, no LZ for me!

I would love to have AC/DC again down the road. If I do though I’m definitely going vault pro. Has all the good stuff from the premium and none of the weaknesses (bricking drops and lower playfield). I would miss the tnt drops though. It’s fun surviving those while playing TNT.

#957 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What about the fact that some of us buy for what the game is and not the perceived value? I buy games that are fun and I want to own. The price or value doesn’t matter to me. I know when I sell I’ll get a good chunk of my money back. Good enough for me.
GNR is super fun, but at 7500, I need more time on it to see if it’s for me or not. Too much money to have tied up in a game I don’t absolutely have to have. Could be the best value in pinball, it’s still 7500.
It’s easier to jump in on a stern pro at under 6k as I know it will shoot well, and if it’s not for me I’ll move it on for close to what I paid.

I completely respect that decision and would always recommend a buyer go with the game they enjoy the most. I was just bickering about perceived value which I understand is something not all buyers are concerned or even care about.

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would love to have AC/DC again down the road. If I do though I’m definitely going vault pro. Has all the good stuff from the premium and none of the weaknesses (bricking drops and lower playfield). I would miss the tnt drops though. It’s fun surviving those while playing TNT.

Yeah, the vaults were Sterns best move for AC/DC for both Pro + Prem.
Lower playfield isn't great as you say, I don't mind it too much though as it gives me a blonde and brunette to go with the redhead
I know some peeps disable the lower in the settings menu who don't like it.

#959 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well said! I don't think anyone is saying "LZ pinball sucks". The complaints are about Stern not making a product that justifies the asking price. At the prices Stern is charging there's no excuse (other then greed) to cut corners in terms of quality, features and toys.
I don't doubt for a second that Stern has dramatically increased their profit on titles over the past 5 years due to cost cutting efforts and putting less in games. Those decisions don't make the games less fun but they certainly don't make a purchase worth it for many buyers. The last time Stern seemed to load a game up in a big way was Ghostbusters premium / LE.
When I read people go on and on about flow in modern Stern's being better then a loaded game I can't help but to face palm. A game with less in it will always play faster and personally I think that's a bad thing for buyers as it equals a bad value at today's NIB prices.
[quoted image]

No pinball is worth what we pay or provides value for what we pay BUT they make us all happy whether you like the theme or features and that is priceless in my opinion.

It’s nothing more than a escape from the crazy world we live in.

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah and to me, a 6 ball lock that dumps the balls onto the playfield isn’t anything special either.
But for these titles I’m looking at standards and Pros so it’s moot anyway.

Agree, I have one of those on my AS and the AS mech is better!

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually a GnR SE is $6750

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No pinball is worth what we pay or provides value for what we pay BUT they make us all happy whether you like the theme or features and that is priceless in my opinion.

Exactly, they're toys, like my kids playdough. After 6 months to a year, time to move on to another. Luckily NIB machines don't depreciate much. I find it funny when people say machines have no soul, lol, it's a toy.

Quoted from romulusx:

Actually a GnR SE is $6750

Plus shipping

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Exactly, they're toys, like my kids playdough. After 6 months to a year, time to move on to another. Luckily NIB machines don't depreciate much. I find it funny when people say machines have no soul, lol, it's a toy.

Plus shipping

Oh for god sake Chuckie baby probably has his delivered from Zack

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh for god sake Chuckie baby probably has his delivered from Zack

Whos Chuckie and Zack? Kids TV show?

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Whos Chuckie and Zack? Kids TV show?

Yup kids show with Chuckwurt & Zach Meny

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yup kids show with Chuckwurt & Zach Meny

You sound upset

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bottom line right there.

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

You sound upset

Over what I was just saying Chuckwurt was incorrect when he stated GnR was $7500

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well said

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Over what I was just saying Chuckwurt was incorrect when he stated GnR was $7500

Hes not wrong, it is possible. $6750 x 1.075 sales tax if you purchase from someone that has to collect it + $300 Shipping = $7556.

Edit: Heres an even better deal: $7898 is you order from Pinball Company...lol, not including tax

#971 3 years ago

Anyone know how much the topper is going to be?

#972 3 years ago

#973 3 years ago

Mr topper. Lol

Has anybody seen it?

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It has gotten so bad that I now look at how long someone has been around and what kind of collection they have.

Someone posted a rather big buck FS ad the other day and people were questioning who he was and how it's always people who don't post here who sell really expensive items on Pinside. I think his account is 5 years old, lists 1 game in his collection, and has 10 posts total. He's also one of the biggest collectors in the history of this hobby, has owned hundreds of games, and has had articles written about his collecting knowledge and exploits all the way back *in the 1990s* he's been doing it for so long.

Thinking of Pinside as the International Registry of Everyone Who's Ever Given a Shit About Pinball is incredibly naive. Too many people here do this. I myself have an account here that's 9 years old that I forgot the password to a few years ago. Don't be ridiculous.

#975 3 years ago

So I have been thinking about the art that everyone is complaining about, and the truth is that Led Zeppelin didn't have any really amazing art to work with. GNR is a totally different band. Stern used two album covers for the pro and premium. The only thing that would have made the LE Version amazing would be the Mothership cover with black, red, and tan. Anyone think otherwise?

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I have been thinking about the art that everyone is complaining about, and the truth is that Led Zeppelin didn't have any really amazing art to work with. GNR is a totally different band. Stern used two album covers for the pro and premium. The only thing that would have made the LE Version amazing would be the Mothership cover with black, red, and tan. Anyone think otherwise?

Thanks for this information we hadn’t considered this yet.

#977 3 years ago

What were the recommendations people had for the LE version (besides the blue armor)?

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What were the recommendations people had for the LE version (besides the blue armor)?

May check the other threads?

This is the Stern fanboy vs JJP fanboy thread

Fanboys fighting.pngFanboys fighting.png
#979 3 years ago

Got it! Not interested in the fight lol

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mr topper. Lol
Has anybody seen it?

Ok, Mr. Le

#981 3 years ago

GNR is awesome. The light show during Live and Let Die is epic. Changes as the song does. It's like the "you are at a concert" feel of AC/DC cranked up to 11. Maybe even 12. It's also nice to see JJP drop the kiddie themes and make something raw and vulgar for the grown ups.

Haven't played Zep but judging by how, Um, "light" it appears can't imagine it being as cool.

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

GNR is awesome. The light show during Live and Let Die is epic. Changes as the song does. It's like the "you are at a concert" feel of AC/DC cranked up to 11. Maybe even 12. It's also nice to see JJP drop the kiddie themes and make something raw and vulgar for the grown ups.
Haven't played Zep but judging by how, Um, "light" it appears can't imagine it being as cool.

Mr Heck has spoken!!!

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The voice of reason and spoken for the truth!

Live and Let Die show is worth the price of admission in and of itself! And Paradise City.

#984 3 years ago

My "LE" Elvira topper is coming in a few weeks! Lol

#985 3 years ago

How can someone who owns stranger things laugh at anyone else?

#986 3 years ago

Just kiddin of course. But really, STH?

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The voice of reason and spoken for the truth!
Live and Let Die show is worth the price of admission in and of itself! And Paradise City.

The only problem with that is Axl singing Live and Let Die. All I hear is "When you were young..." and I want to stick forks in my eyeballs. Dude ain't no Paul McCartney.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude ain't no Paul McCartney.

I’ll give you that Boob. McCartney has
more creative juices left at 78 on his latest album than any new artist today. Really amazing.

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Had mine for almost a year and if it was bad I would’ve sold it already. Solid game.

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Mr Heck has spoken!!!

Yah but he is referring to a light show as to what makes it great... a light show during a cover tune no less.

So its heavy on the fluff.. seems allot of you like fluff in the cold November rain (whatever the fuck that is)

Not a ton of comments that its awesome for its gameplay that I can find.

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Had mine for almost a year and if it was bad I would’ve sold it already. Solid game.

Easy guy. We just poking fun at each other

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I love me some STH right now. It got the covid lockdown pass over and few have played it recently- badass!!

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Not a ton of comments that its awesome for its gameplay that I can find.

Here’s one - It’s addicting as shit. I’m sure Zep will be too.
Can’t wait to play it!!

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I love me some STH right now. It got the covid lockdown pass over and few have played in recently- badass.

New code dropped today. It just got even better.

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Actually it’s really good! UV lighting and Demo shot.

It’s gonna be a late bloomer! So underrated.

Btw, they used to say that about TWD! Called it the Walking Dud

Just a notch below AIQ, a really great pin I never thought I’d keep, and two of the best EVER in Elvira and JP

Life is good. Any pinball is fun

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The only problem with that is Axl singing Live and Let Die. All I hear is "When you were young..." and I want to stick forks in my eyeballs. Dude ain't no Paul McCartney.

You need to let go of your Axl man crush Boobie!

#996 3 years ago

I know man, just kiddin. Its a game that gets a bad rap here too. I've played and while I wouldn't buy, its pretty fun. Theme thing for me. Like LZ

#997 3 years ago

So, how many ehoh toppers are they gonna make? Any solid numbers or just speculation? I wouldn't care if I only got back half of what I paid. Its fun on a great game

#998 3 years ago

I know man, just kiddin. Its a game that gets a bad rap here too. I've played and while I wouldn't buy, its pretty fun. Theme thing for me. Like LZ</blockquote

No doubt. Gotta like the STH theme

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So, how many ehoh toppers are they gonna make? Any solid numbers or just speculation? I wouldn't care if I only got back half of what I paid. Its fun on a great game

Yeah I don’t care either cause Elvira is a great game I’ll never sell.

This next topper run is it and then done they say.

And I paid for that crapper on top of JPLE

My TWD fish tank head topper is awesome.

None of em come close to CGC

#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I don’t care either cause Elvira is a great game I’ll never sell.
This next topper run is it and then done they say.
And I paid for that crapper on top of JPLE
My TWD fish tank head topper is awesome.
None of em come close to CGC

Idk, bk is pretty great topper. Would not of bought game if I couldn't get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/20?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.