8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 42.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Mystery solved! For the record, I like Steve Richie as well so sick burn!

Love Steve he’s a cool cat!!!

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

GNR not a hamburger more like a overstuffed sloppy meatloaf.

At least GNR has some meat on the bones. LZ is a joke by comparison. LOL

Crappy same old layout by Ritchie. AC/DC, AS, MET and IDMN all blow it away.

Crap theme integration and Gary's infamous "box of lights".

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least GNR has some meat on the bones. LZ is a joke by comparison. LOL
Crappy same old layout by Ritchie. AC/DC, AS, MET and IDMN all blow it away.
Crap theme integration and Gary's infamous "box of lights".

Yeah Axl has some meat on him in those videos for sure.

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah Axl has some meat on him in those videos for sure.

So what, i don't care about what any dude looks like! LOL

Throw some hot chicks up there and i'll critique it.

#905 3 years ago

You know i buy nearly every Stern LE and have only one JJP game, Woz.

So i'm def unbiased, a Stern fanboy if anything.

You can't objectively look at these two games and think that LZ is even in the same galaxy as GNR! Sorry, case closed.

LZ is literally making me scan the AC/DC for sale ads again. I shouldn't have sold mine in the first place.

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So what, i don't care about what any dude looks like! LOL
Throw some hot chicks up there and i'll critique it.

#907 3 years ago

Played many jjp games...didnt enjoy any really. Stern wins for me, not even close.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Played many jjp games...didnt enjoy any really. Stern wins for me, not even close.

Based on your collection u clearly don't have high standards

#909 3 years ago

Just put my deposit down on GnR LE, but I wouldnt count LZ out. Since it is designed by Steve Richie, Im sure it will rock. ...and Kashmir doesnt hurt!! lol

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

After owning lots of Stern / WMS games, my first JJP purchase was GNR and I absolutely love it. They killed it. I wouldn’t discount them at this point.

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

After owning lots of Stern / WMS games, my first JJP purchase was GNR and I absolutely love it. They killed it. I wouldn’t discount them at this point.

This isn't a Stern versus JJP thread....its a GNR vs LZ thread....and like many have said its not even a fair fight...GNR by a country mile

#912 3 years ago

I haven't played either. I was really really excited about LZ as they are absolutely one of my all time faves. I love GnR, and have one of those coming (whenever JJP gets around to making it...)

After seeing the initial pics of LZ I was kind of in shock. I mean...I get that it is subjective, but I have to admit I was super disappointed. Based on excellent artwork in a majority of recent sterns, IMO, this really did seem like they had a hand tied behind their back.

The game play is something I can't comment on as I am partial to playing them myself before casting judgment.

And although my current collection looks like I'm not a Stern fan, I absolutely love many of their pins and am grateful they've survived all these years.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

GNR not a hamburger more like a overstuffed sloppy meatloaf.

Imagine the company making the LZ burger selling it for the same price as the GNR burger...that's Stern!

GNR

Brunch_Burger___Anthony_Mair (resized).jpgBrunch_Burger___Anthony_Mair (resized).jpg

LZ (premium model with ultra sweet action onions)

mcdonalds-hamburger-taste-test (resized).jpgmcdonalds-hamburger-taste-test (resized).jpg

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm glad you brought up the burger analogy. Here's another one, now imagine the company making the LZ burger selling it for the same price as the GNR burger...that's Stern!
GNR
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Interesting you’d pick a Gordon Ramsay burger, over priced and mediocre tasting. Ramsay’s a douche.

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Interesting you’d pick a Gordon Ramsay burger, over priced and mediocre tasting. Ramsay’s a douche.

Ramsey’s a douche see that proves that LZ is way better then GnR!!!

#916 3 years ago

You fanboys are hilarious, I wasn’t inferring anything, haven’t played either one, Ill hold off judgement until I play both.

#917 3 years ago

Fortunate to have gnr nearby...love the band (LZ too), didnt like that i needed to look at the backbox constantly to figure out what i was trying to shoot for (still couldnt figure it out half of the time). Lots of stuff on a playfield to me doesnt equal great pinball. Sterns tend to be easier to understand while still being fun. Star wars pro is one of my favorite games though so what do i know.

Quoted from kermit24:

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Fortunate to have gnr nearby...love the band (LZ too), didnt like that i needed to look at the backbox constantly to figure out what i was trying to shoot for (still couldnt figure it out half of the time). Lots of stuff on a playfield to me doesnt equal great pinball. Sterns tend to be easier to understand while still being fun. Star wars pro is one of my favorite games though so what do i know.

You actually don’t need to look at the backbox at all. Everything you need to know is represented on the playfield and the playfield LCD.

#919 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin’s music is to GNR’s pin as GNR’s music is to Led Zeppelin’s pin.

#920 3 years ago

Saw this on my Facebook feed. Had to share as this was the only let down I was hoping Stern would do different with LZ. So many albums/hits and you narrow it down to 10 songs?? WTF?!? If I was not a die hard MET fan, I would have sold the game after beating it.. but I love the music.

I would think LZ fans would want vast variety of songs in the pin such as GnR offers.

I have SW premium and a big fan for the flow and code. I bet LZ will be similar. Lately, most Steve Richie games have that same feel of flow shots.

302B8045-2C64-4256-9F6D-02BD6B0F8489 (resized).png302B8045-2C64-4256-9F6D-02BD6B0F8489 (resized).png

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You fanboys are hilarious, I wasn’t inferring anything, haven’t played either one, Ill hold off judgement until I play both.

Imagine that. Playing the game before passing judgement? Pffffff....You can clearly tell by the artwork that LZ plays like shit.

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Imagine the company making the LZ burger selling it for the same price as the GNR burger...that's Stern!
GNR
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah Stern, Where’s the beef?

#923 3 years ago

Anyone in on a Led Zeppelin LE pin they want to transfer over because of so much disappointment? My friend wants one. Seems they are sold out everywhere.

#924 3 years ago

I watched the full hour and 20 minute stern LZ play. It looks like a fun shooter. I’m glad to be in on an LE.
I’ve had my GnR LE since 4 days after launch. Got one of the first 100.
They’re not on the same level as far as the build goes and it’s not even close.
It’s a Ford pickup next to a Ferrari.
That said the LZ looks like a lot of fun and it might be more fun to play. GnR can get a little repetitive.
I’m happy to own them both and will figure out which I like better when I have a bunch of games on it.
I didn’t really like GnR as a player until about 20 games in, but out of the box it’s absolutely stunning.

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

GnR can get a little repetitive.

For the people that find GNR fun to play, I truly think that is great. I poke fun with threads like this for entertainment purposes but at the end of the day I can appreciate that pinball is extremely subjective and it only matters what you like-not others(In other words-make up your own mind).

There is something about JJP games that just does not do it for me. They tend to be fun for about a dozen games and then I tend to come to the conclusion that I just do not care for the gameplay. Even the shooter rod and flippers feel off to me compared to Stern's snappy one's. The combination of overstuffed playfields, too many modes, and themes just have not filled my cup.

On another note I have to just say how excited I am for the new opto spinning mech on LZ LE/Premium. I can hear the synthetic sounds still in my head and really am looking forward to ripping it. I don't want to jump the shark-but thinking this spinner may be the best spinner ever, especially when it comes to the satisfaction of hitting it.

#926 3 years ago

I’m in on a GNR CE. Yes, I have played a GNR LE and love it. The detail that has been put into this pinball is remarkable. Goes to show you when you have the full rights to something, wonderful things happen. Hope to get it soon. Congrats to those who got a LZ LE. One of my favorite bands ever. But for me, GNR as a band and pinball was a better choice. Happy flipping.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m in on a GNR CE. Yes, I have played a GNR LE and love it

I am trying to figure out some of the 'psychological' aspects of being a pinball collector. One correlation I have made is how pride in ownership often takes over rational thinking and the need to try and 'defend' purchases and commitments leads to delusional thinking. Moving up to a CE may be dangerous-and make you clinch those pearls even tighter to make up for appearances sake.

The other correlation I have found is called the 'Pinside Parrots'. Typically these parrots have been around Pinside for less than a year(fresh off the boat) or have just a few of the latest games made(just getting started). I was once a parrot myself. What these 'Parrots' do is listen to other peoples opinions and then hours/days later repeat the same comments without really knowing anything. It has gotten so bad that I now look at how long someone has been around and what kind of collection they have. I have to now screen for who's opinion means anything to me. The best is when the PP start to troll, at least get your feet wet first before jumping in the pool.

Also Skyemont and Panzer-I respect both of the JJP leaders but the thumbs down is getting old. I personally never give thumbs down-but respond with conversation. May try it sometime

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

. It has gotten so bad

It has gotten so bad I almost made use of the ignore feature for the first time over frustrations lately. I reminded myself that the ignore feature just leaves blanks in conversations and makes threads more difficult to follow. So I just speed read past people that I do not have a connection with. Lots of filtering

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am trying to figure out some of the 'psychological' aspects of being a pinball collector. One correlation I have made is how pride in ownership often takes over rational thinking and the need to try and 'defend' purchases and commitments leads to delusional thinking. Moving up to a CE may be dangerous-and make you clinch those pearls even tighter to make up for appearances sake.
The other correlation I have found is called the 'Pinside Parrots'. Typically these parrots have been around Pinside for less than a year(fresh off the boat) or have just a few of the latest games made(just getting started). I was once a parrot myself. What these 'Parrots' do is listen to other peoples opinions and then hours/days later repeat the same comments without really knowing anything. It has gotten so bad that I now look at how long someone has been around and what kind of collection they have. I have to now screen for who's opinion means anything to me. The best is when the PP start to troll, at least get your feet wet first before jumping in the pool.
Also Skyemont and Panzer-I respect both of the JJP leaders but the thumbs down is getting old. I personally never give thumbs down-but respond with conversation. May try it sometime

Mostly this forum is older 30 to 65 year old guys so you can drop the clutching your pearl thing you been repeating! Most of the argument LZ vs GnR is about the artwork which in my opinion is a silly argument.And now your jumping on the repetitive comment someone made referring to JJP games is ridiculous.I own DI and Wonka and neither are repetitive,far from it.Enjoy you Stern pinball machines and quit making silly arguments like LZ has better artwork then GnR

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

LZ has better artwork then GnR

I have never said anything about art comparison. I do not play art- I play pinball machines(good ones at that)

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It has gotten so bad I almost made use of the ignore feature for the first time over frustrations lately. I reminded myself that the ignore feature just leaves blanks in conversations and makes threads more difficult to follow. So I just speed read past people that I do not have a connection with. Lots of filtering

Haha, I have 2 ignored in this thread and it doesn't bother me at all. Same guys, same responses, over and over. One if the best features on pinside many say

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same guys, same responses, over and over.

Yes but then the trolling leads to rebuttals and conversations you want to know what is happening-ignore does not work for me. Over time you get to know the guys you have a connection with and have insightful post.

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It’s not bad at all. If you looked at my list it would seem like I’m talking to myself on this site. And if someone responds to someone you ignore, you’ll glean enough from the post to remember why you put them on ignore in the first place. Haha

Also you can turn off downvotes so you don’t have to see them anymore.

#934 3 years ago

I am still wondering if anyone has an extra LZ LE for sale?

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes but then the trolling leads to rebuttals and conversations you want to know what is happening-ignore does not work for me. Over time you get to know the guys you have a connection with and have insightful post.

I guess that’s why it works for me. I don’t want to see the trolling and back and forth.

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t want to see the trolling and back and forth

Another one of the 'Psychological' aspects is the need for attention and recognition. What some of these trolls do for a thumbs up has me shaking my head. Meanwhile in parent's basement-another keyboard commando is born. Oh Vey!

#937 3 years ago

I definitely liked to troll in the past, but then grew out of it. I’ll have here and there now, but nothing like what I used to.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I definitely liked to troll in the past, but then grew out of it. I’ll have here and there now, but nothing like what I used to.

You have gotten a lot better. You need to teach me master.

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I definitely liked to troll in the past

When I first got into the hobby I thought my shit smelled like roses

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know i buy nearly every Stern LE and have only one JJP game, Woz.
So i'm def unbiased, a Stern fanboy if anything.
You can't objectively look at these two games and think that LZ is even in the same galaxy as GNR! Sorry, case closed.

As my collection shows, I love me some stern. However I totally agree with statement above.

#941 3 years ago

Anyone just see that someone already posted an LE for 12K? This is nuts!!

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You have gotten a lot better. You need to teach me master.

Honestly the ignore feature is what helped the most. Feeding the trolls was as bad as being the troll to me. I couldn’t resist and scroll past, I had to engage! Haha. Now it’s out of sight out of mind.

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Anyone just see that someone already posted an LE for 12K? This is nuts!!

That’s the natural order of things when the LEs are gone immediately.

#944 3 years ago

ICEMAN is 100 percent on point. Its comparing Star Trek TNG to Whoa Nellie.. IMHO Not bashing LZ... FOR ME its just laughable at 9100.00, the value is not there. The BOM is 3100 for that LE. I like Stern games.. but... wash, rinse, repeat.... If you are buying one, enjoy it. Dont let others dissuade you from what you want. I want a Stern LE that LOOKS like 9100.00 Im sure LZ will play fun, just dont see the value at 9100.00...

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I am still wondering if anyone has an extra LZ LE for sale?

Hey wackenhut, check out this thread below. See recent post from pinster68.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/51

Post: I was contacted late yesterday from Trent that someone dropped out of their LE. I had emailed him just before the reveal. I passed. So of you're still gunning for one ...

#946 3 years ago

Do not write off LZ as just another one. Best to actually play the game first. Everyone of Stern's games is different. I bashed the shit out of GOTG upon release-this is just a Metallica rehashed turd! Oh the similarity! Just another cookie-cutter Stern! Then I actually played it, and then I bought it. It is unique and plays nothing like my Metallica sitting right next to it.

Come on guys-at least play the game first-then make up your OWN mind. Do NOT follow the sheep or listen to the pinside parrots.

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

ICEMAN is 100 percent on point. Its comparing Star Trek TNG to Whoa Nellie.. IMHO Not bashing LZ... FOR ME its just laughable at 9100.00, the value is not there. The BOM is 3100 for that LE. I like Stern games.. but... wash, rinse, repeat.... If you are buying one, enjoy it. Dont let others dissuade you from what you want. I want a Stern LE that LOOKS like 9100.00 Im sure LZ will play fun, just dont see the value at 9100.00...

Well said! I don't think anyone is saying "LZ pinball sucks". The complaints are about Stern not making a product that justifies the asking price. At the prices Stern is charging there's no excuse (other then greed) to cut corners in terms of quality, features and toys.

I don't doubt for a second that Stern has dramatically increased their profit on titles over the past 5 years due to cost cutting efforts and putting less in games. Those decisions don't make the games less fun but they certainly don't make a purchase worth it for many buyers. The last time Stern seemed to load a game up in a big way was Ghostbusters premium / LE.

When I read people go on and on about flow in modern Stern's being better then a loaded game I can't help but to face palm. A game with less in it will always play faster and personally I think that's a bad thing for buyers as it equals a bad value at today's NIB prices.

deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484 (resized).jpgdeja_q_hd_046_resized_6484 (resized).jpg

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well said! I don't think anyone is saying "LZ pinball sucks". The complaints are about Stern not making a product that justifies the asking price. At the prices Stern is charging there's no excuse (other then greed) to cut corners in terms of quality, features and toys.
I don't doubt for a second that Stern has dramatically increased their profit on titles over the past 5 years due to cost cutting efforts and putting less in games. Those decisions don't make the games less fun but they certainly don't make a purchase worth it for many buyers. The last time Stern seemed to load a game up in a big way was Ghostbusters premium / LE.
When I read people go on and on about flow in modern Stern's being better then a loaded game I can't help but to face palm. A game with less in it will always play faster and personally I think that's a bad thing for buyers as it equals a bad value at today's NIB prices.
[quoted image]

Well said. Sometimes what I’m am thinking I can’t express in words but this sums it up perfectly.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well said. Sometimes what I’m am thinking I can’t express in words but this sums it up perfectly

You two could circle jerk all day

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What about the fact that some of us buy for what the game is and not the perceived value? I buy games that are fun and I want to own. The price or value doesn’t matter to me. I know when I sell I’ll get a good chunk of my money back. Good enough for me.

GNR is super fun, but at 7500, I need more time on it to see if it’s for me or not. Too much money to have tied up in a game I don’t absolutely have to have. Could be the best value in pinball, it’s still 7500.

It’s easier to jump in on a stern pro at under 6k as I know it will shoot well, and if it’s not for me I’ll move it on for close to what I paid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/19?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.