8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 42.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Seen some of the LZ stream prior to shut down.
Looks to be an excellent shooter with great flow. SR still has the Midas Touch.
No doubt there is a deep rule set with a ton of hidden extras. Will be a win win game for fans of Led Zep.
The playfield art pops and suits the theme very nicely.
Fortunately for LE purchasers armor its not too difficult to replace. Have to agree the blue is puke !
Agree with many on the lazy cab art for pro and prem.
Led Zep will turn out to be a most enjoyable title and make top 20 no problem.
Pity the art lets it down.
Sounds like GnR will make and remain top 10 for a long while.
Both titles have a lot going for them and both will be excellent.
If we only had space and could afford them all

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why are you posting these pics based on price? You need to post pics based on the companies best model. CE vs LE. JMO.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why are you posting these pics based on price? You need to post pics based on the companies best model. CE vs LE. JMO.

Well said sir...well said

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Like this....

SmartSelect_20201219-085009_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20201219-085009_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20201219-085150_Drive (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20201219-085150_Drive (resized).jpg
#754 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Like this....[quoted image][quoted image]

That ce really stands out.
The effort.
Pin of the year.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What that is not possible? You either have to be on Team Stern or Team JJP-I keed I keed
Now come on Boob-time to join Team Stern 100%(Go Stern Army or go home).

With the exception of TNA, I've only bought NIB Sterns for the last 6 years. But that's only because I haven't been excited about any JJP themes.

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Some people aren’t in the market for a CE or LE so for people like me it’s a stern premium LZ or JJP GNR standard. May end up being both. Haha

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not. Because every song is awesome. I'm not sure I could have picked it better myself. And no old fat guys on the screen.

the old fat guy at stern is laughing at the fanboys and counting all the money he can make from selling empty boxes. nothing will change until you stop buying. its really getting out of hand. i started this hobby buying tron and star trek le’s and now look at what you get for 10k le’s its not acceptable.

#758 3 years ago

i love the unicorn heads on the LZ playfield

13D0B773-FFAF-48AE-84CE-CFD86B41FAEA (resized).jpeg13D0B773-FFAF-48AE-84CE-CFD86B41FAEA (resized).jpeg
#759 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the old fat guy at stern is laughing at the fanboys and counting all the money he can make from selling empty boxes. nothing will change until you stop buying. its really getting out of hand. i started this hobby buying tron and star trek le’s and now look at what you get for 10k le’s its not acceptable.

It's not 10k, it's 9. And I have JP, STh, and LZ all in the LE editions and don't regret buying them at all. Worth every penny in the enjoyment I get out of them.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not 10k, it's 9. And I have JP, STh, and LZ all in the LE editions and don't regret buying them at all. Worth every penny in the enjoyment I get out of them.

i dont think ANY new stern le worth 8 k glad you are enjoying them. just my opinion. hell i am really enjoying my 6300 hotwheels so what do i know.

#761 3 years ago

STH is very good vs the trash talk here. I’ve been ribbing LZ a bit simply from anticipating it for so long but will enjoy playing it too.

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is $9K the delivered price of a Stern LE these days?

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is $9K the delivered price of a Stern LE these days?

Just north of that, depending on who you talk to.

Quoted from robotron:

i dont think ANY new stern le worth 8 k glad you are enjoying them. just my opinion. hell i am really enjoying my 6300 hotwheels so what do i know.

Let's be clear: I don't think ANY pinball machine is really worth what we pay for them these days. But here's the way I think, and how I've gotten (brainwashed) my wife to think...

If I buy an LE for 9k and play it for 2 years before I get tired of it, even if it's a game that tanks in value I'd still be able to get 7k (or even more) when I sell it. Let's assume the worst and I get 7...the game cost me 2k for 24 months, or about $83 bucks a month for what amounts to a rental of the machine. For the amount of joy the game brings me during that time, I think it's a steal.

If I keep the game until I croak, it's still worth the money I paid because it's clearly one of my favorites so it's worth every penny.

It's all in how you look at it.

#764 3 years ago

Years ago i did the theocratical math on owing a pin and came up with the same calculation as you did Beez (pin inflation aside). Let’s be real, nothing pays to own a pinball machine based on how much they cost. Who’s going to spend $83 a month in a barcade, arcade, pincade every month. Not many if any. It all comes down to we just really like to own or play pinball machines and the cost is never going to justify owning these. Who fn cares. Just enjoy these machines.

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Instead of barren vs stacked, I'd say clean vs cluttered. Flow vs no flow.

"flow" is code for 2 ramps and nothing else in the game. LOL. Call it clean if you want, it's still barren.

How about FUGLY art versus GORGEOUS?

Theme immersion versus no theme immersion.

Rock concert versus a Box of lights.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let's be clear: I don't think ANY pinball machine is really worth what we pay for them these days. But here's the way I think, and how I've gotten (brainwashed) my wife to think...
If I buy an LE for 9k and play it for 2 years before I get tired of it, even if it's a game that tanks in value I'd still be able to get 7k (or even more) when I sell it. Let's assume the worst and I get 7...the game cost me 2k for 24 months, or about $83 bucks a month for what amounts to a rental of the machine. For the amount of joy the game brings me during that time, I think it's a steal.
If I keep the game until I croak, it's still worth the money I paid because it's clearly one of my favorites so it's worth every penny.

Excellent POV Boob

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I like how u think The bottom line is if we really want something and can afford it we'll justify in any way possible.

#768 3 years ago

So have you LZ fans picked out your favorite outfits to wear with your new pin yet?

Some popular Pinside picks are...

2B3E3D2C-675B-498D-93D6-942A460BFB86 (resized).png2B3E3D2C-675B-498D-93D6-942A460BFB86 (resized).png6F46D179-2D6D-4334-B078-155F2CBDACC6 (resized).jpeg6F46D179-2D6D-4334-B078-155F2CBDACC6 (resized).jpegA7681C22-C479-484B-9799-417DC6302378 (resized).pngA7681C22-C479-484B-9799-417DC6302378 (resized).png

#769 3 years ago

Suck it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#770 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But I actually think LZ looks like more fun to play than GNR...and isn't that what pinball's about? That's the problem with Pinside...an overreliance on amount of toys and artwork. I'll take empty and ugly with awesome gameplay any day of the week. AFM is the perfect example of this - that cabinet is simple as shit and has an empty (and ugly IMO) playfield, but one of the greatest games ever.

I agree. To me GnR was trying something new not pinball experience but Rock Concert (Guitar Hero game). I didn’t like playing the game.

#771 3 years ago

I still think its weird when people say a "packed" playfield makes for a better game.

The main issue I have had with JJ games is they in general dont play great (and yes I have played them enough to say that).. too much shit on the playfield isnt always a good thing (WOZ and Hobbit being prime examples)

The one I have liked the best playability wise is probably the least packed which is Wonka.

GNR I didnt think played all that great... if it did I would probably have one.

Not everyone just cares about lights and how much shit is crammed in the game.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So have you LZ fans picked out your favorite outfits to wear with your new pin yet?
Some popular Pinside picks are...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That first one is legit. Not sure I could pull it off with my dad bod though...

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree. To me GnR was trying something new not pinball experience but Rock Concert (Guitar Hero game). I didn’t like playing the game.

It's a box of lights done differently.

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I still think its weird when people say a "packed" playfield makes for a better game.
The main issue I have had with JJ games is they in general dont play great (and yes I have played them enough to say that).. too much shit on the playfield isnt always a good thing (WOZ and Hobbit being prime examples)
The one I have liked the best playability wise is probably the least packed which is Wonka.
GNR I didnt think played all that great... if it did I would probably have one.
Not everyone just cares about lights and how much shit is crammed in the game.

DI is the only JJP that I thought plays decently. It still has the weak flippers but the code, humor and flow make up for it. LZ is going to be awesome!

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yep cross between slot machine and sounds vs guitar hero and clunky, LE anyhow.

The SE shoots more like a Stern and I will consider adding that at some point, not a fan of the rat fink art though.

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep cross between slot machine and sounds vs guitar hero and clunky, LE anyhow.
The SE shoots more like a Stern and I will consider adding that at some point, not a fan of the rat fink art though.

Unfortunately the SE is almost $1400 above a Stern Pro after you factor in shipping. I'm hoping Toy Story has flow, dream theme.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Unfortunately the SE is almost $1400 above a Stern Pro after you factor in shipping. I'm hoping Toy Story has flow, dream theme.

Needs the Assets to work in my opinion.

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Imagine if JJP did this.[quoted image]

Best post in this thread.....

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're a man after my own heart here and likely just helped me decide to buy my first NIB

#779 3 years ago

Gnr's music gives me migraines, but I'd suffer through them before buying LZ. Same old S.R. time to pass the torch to Keith.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

You're a man after my own heart here and likely just helped me decide to buy my first NIB

Thank you. Tell them I sent you. Maybe they'll send me a sticker with my next 9k game.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd also add: compare pinball to almost any other hobby. It's expensive, but as you mentioned, it's really the depreciation which matters in the long run. And pinball is going to be better than the vast majority of hobbies.

If you get good games and keep them awhile, you can sometimes even sell them for more than you paid. That has never happened with my other hobbies, like snowmobiling or rc cars.

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Needs the Assets to work in my opinion.

That's a strange and somewhat contradictory statement coming from a stern fan.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Suck it. [quoted image]

Very odd choice of words since you posted arguably the gayest shirt I have ever seen at the same exact time.

Rainbow colored shirt with a naked winged dude on the front? Suck it, indeed.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Very odd choice of words since you posted arguably the gayest shirt I have ever seen at the same exact time.
Rainbow colored shirt with a naked winged dude on the front? Suck it, indeed.

You interested?

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You interested?

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gnr's music gives me migraines, but I'd suffer through them before buying LZ. Same old S.R. time to pass the torch to Keith.

Ditto, I grew up with his games, I'll always respect him but he's been phoning it in for the past few years. Ritchie, Lawler and Jpop all have had their time in the spotlight...at these prices you just have to do better if you want my money.

#787 3 years ago

The Icarus on a paddle pop stick. I couldn't keep pushing start, can't unsee that stupid thing.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Its only fair to compare the titles at same levels.
GnR CE is at a whole next level up and so far from what I have seen easily trumps any other new game currently on the market.
If Stern thought it was viable to release a Led Zep CE that would be a fair fight.
Stern are a high volume manufacturer so I guess CEs are not viable for most titles. No doubt Stern will cash in on a CE for the right titles such as BttF and HP.

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Its only fair to compare the titles at same levels.
GnR CE is at a whole next level up and so far from what I have seen easily trumps any other new game currently on the market.
If Stern thought it was viable to release a Led Zep CE that would be a fair fight.
Stern are a high volume manufacturer so I guess CEs are not viable for most titles. No doubt Stern will cash in on a CE for the right titles such as BttF and HP.

JJP LE = Stern Premium
JJP CE = Stern LE
JJP SE = Stern Pro

And then there is AP who does it right.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"flow" is code for 2 ramps and nothing else in the game. LOL. Call it clean if you want, it's still barren.

What is it called when you ave 4 ramps (stainless- not cheap plastic), 2 spinners (optical!!!) , 2 orbits, Sweepable drops, unobstructed views of all shots, and a rule set that encourages the player to combo all day long? Looks like a fun game to play in my opinion.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

JJP LE = Stern Premium
JJP CE = Stern LE
JJP SE = Stern Pro
And then there is AP who does it right.

Price point comparison perhaps ?

Love what AP do
One day AP will make a title that I want and I will get my first AP machine.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Price point comparison perhaps ?
Love what AP do
One day AP will make a title that I want and I will get my first AP machine.

Not sure what you mean by price point comparison. JJP prices their games higher and don't include shipping probably because they sell less. JJP SE is about $1400 higher than a pro, JJP LE is about $2300 higher than a premium and CE is about $3300 higher than Stern LE. I'm using distributor numbers not MSRP and including shipping. AP games are great, Hot Wheels has been fantastic and I need another Oktoberfest.

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

What is it called when you ave 4 ramps (stainless- not cheap plastic), 2 spinners (optical!!!) , 2 orbits, Sweepable drops, unobstructed views of all shots, and a rule set that encourages the player to combo all day long? Looks like a fun game to play in my opinion.

It’s called a JJP SE

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Not sure what you mean by price point comparison. JJP prices their games higher and don't include shipping probably because they sell less. JJP SE is about $1400 higher than a pro, JJP LE is about $2300 higher than a premium and CE is about $3300 higher than Stern LE. I'm using distributor numbers not MSRP and including shipping. AP games are great, Hot Wheels has been fantastic and I need another Oktoberfest.

Your frequent rearranging of the what their prices are is some of the weirdest stuff I've read here in a while. They cost what it says on their websites. You get discounts? Cheers, so do I. And on JJP games, not just Stern. You should petition the IPDB admins to list the Led Zep Pro price in the database as $5800 instead of $6200. It can say in the Notes section "Despite the widely reported MSRP of $6200, the retail price is actually $5800 because PokerJake knows a guy. Free shipping, too!"

#796 3 years ago

3 levels of machines in both, direct comparison. One costs more than the other is all.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

JJP LE = Stern Premium
JJP CE = Stern LE
JJP SE = Stern Pro

JJP CE is $3000 higher than the highest priced Stern

JJP CE = Batman SLE
JJP LE = Stern LE
JJP SE = Stern Pro + $1400

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

JJP CE = Batman SLE
JJP LE = Stern LE

Where's the premium stern in your twisted compare.

Le (500) = Ce (500)
Premium (unlimited) = Le (5000 unless they bring out the slash edition like they did with hobbitses)
Pro (unlimited) = Se (unlimited)

It's not difficult. Price has nothing to do with it.

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

JJP CE = Batman SLE
JJP LE = Stern LE

Yep SLE = CE

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

JJP CE = Batman SLE
JJP LE = Stern LE

JJP's CE is 10X Sterns LZ LE so $3K doesn't sound like its high enough

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/16?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.