8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 42.
#551 3 years ago

Maybe they backed up because they have been secretly making thousands of lz pins for Christmas.

#552 3 years ago

Sooooo lz December 15th?

#553 3 years ago

Is this what you are hearing?

#554 3 years ago

Stern pinball isn't even on the same planet as JJP.

It's like comparing a Williams to a Gottlieb.

JJP are built better and are much much deeper in gameplay.

This does not mean I don't like Stern I just think they don't put as much time/effort into there games.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Stern pinball isn't even on the same planet as JJP.
It's like comparing a Williams to a Gottlieb.
This does not mean I don't like Stern I just think they don't put as much time/effort into there games.

Not sure exactly if JJP are much deeper in gameplay. Many Stern games are very deep.

#556 3 years ago

There's deep, and then there's insane. I have a WOZ. I'll never see Somewhere Over the Rainbow because who the hell can collect all of the gems to make it happen? Not even Bowen can do it, so what's the point? You want a game that's challenging yet doable to the point where you get oh so close to finishing...and then drain. That's what keeps you coming back for more.

But my prediction will be along the lines of how I see most JJP vs. Stern games lately. GnR will have more toys. LZ will be more fun. We shall see...and let's hope everybody doesn't make the same mistake of judging a game on bare bones code when it's released. You'd think people would have learned by now.

#557 3 years ago

It does not matter to me how deep the rules are on a game. I will never see them. I love pinball, have the money to buy them, but will always be an average skill player.

Depth of rules would only make my top 5 things in a pinball machine because I can’t think of six.

Much more important to me me is a simple question “Is it fun?”

Stern very frequently nails it in the fun category.

#558 3 years ago

Can too?

#559 3 years ago

How to get Bowen to come out of hiding...

I've never heard of anybody finishing WOZ except for one guy that posted a video (and that was probably glass off).

I stand corrected.

#560 3 years ago

If the LZ pin will have the same amount of songs that GNR has, my head would probably spin 360. I know it will not, though.

I am amazed that Stern even got the license to do a pin from LZ. But I really, really hope that there is at least 12 songs (whole songs)

In my opinion there is no reason to even do a pin if if there is 1 min restrictions, like on Beatles. (even though SR i famous for short ball times on his pins )

#561 3 years ago

December 15th the true showdown begins-who will take the win?

The showdown begins.gifThe showdown begins.gif
#562 3 years ago

Well JJP CE sold out on day one within hours of the reveal and word on the LZ LE is sold out prior to reveal.

If true LZ for the win!

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

How to get Bowen to come out of hiding...
I've never heard of anybody finishing WOZ except for one guy that posted a video (and that was probably glass off).
I stand corrected.

Iepinball (Karl D) did it on recording. Check out his YouTube.

The hardest part of getting there is the gem from rescue MB. The mega jackpot rules on that are just way too hard.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well JJP CE sold out on day one within hours of the reveal and word on the LZ LE is sold out prior to reveal.
If true LZ for the win!

I love both bands but this is not apples to apples. You can’t compare an le priced game to a ce priced game. Ce cannot sell out before release since most were sold thru jjp website.

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If true LZ for the win!

Doesn't make LZLE special...they all sell out prior to reveal

#566 3 years ago

Wow! This is getting interesting. I'm a big stern fan but think GNR is very good. I'm hoping LZ is very good also. I'm betting many of you will get both.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Lol. Put the crack pipe down

I see you don’t own any Lyman games and one Elwin/Naegle game. So you know better with JP

#568 3 years ago

This game was over before it began. LZ going over like a Lead Zeppelin

322FD144-903D-422E-ABB3-DA7A8F5DAF3D.gif322FD144-903D-422E-ABB3-DA7A8F5DAF3D.gif
#569 3 years ago
Countdown.gifCountdown.gif
#570 3 years ago

SONG LIST:

Good Times Bad Times
Communication Breakdown
Whole Lotta Love
Immigrant Song
Kashmir
Black Dog
Ramble On
Rock and Roll
Trampled Under Foot
The Song Remains The Same

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 9.12.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-15 at 9.12.20 AM (resized).png

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

SONG LIST:
Good Times Bad Times
Communication Breakdown
Whole Lotta Love
Immigrant Song
Kashmir
Black Dog
Ramble On
Rock and Roll
Trampled Under Foot
The Song Remains The Same
[quoted image]

Definitely a rockin list

#572 3 years ago

I'm sure the game will be fun, but it could possibly be the ugliest art package I've ever seen (mainly the LE)....how did Stairway not make the list....Hard pass for me

#573 3 years ago

First round knockout, and the winner and 2020 Champ

920DFB47-19D1-4145-B9A2-F7AC919C2D2A (resized).jpeg920DFB47-19D1-4145-B9A2-F7AC919C2D2A (resized).jpeg
#574 3 years ago

There is no comparison. With Led Zeppelin you will get half the features, half the code, and half the quality for the same price as GNR.

Yes Sterns are fun, they all are, but they are not justifying their crazy prices in the same way JJP is with enough mechs, 3D molds, features, code, and build quality.

#575 3 years ago

LZ - twipy game of 2020!

#576 3 years ago

The true winner is in the eye of the beholder. Flashy lights and lipstick mean nothing to me. Gameplay is what it is all about, it will be interesting in a few months from now what people's opinions are on gameplay differences. I wanted a GNR but unfortunately it did nothing for me. I am leaning towards LZ for the better of the two-but I will of course need to play it before I can make an educated opinion about it. Also need to probably wait until after the honeymoon stage is over as well.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Flashy lights and lipstick mean nothing to me.

Why spend $7-$10K on one of these then, when you can buy dozens of great players for 1/4th to 1/2 the price? If someone likes the way one plays over the other, obviously that's hugely important. But when talking about brand new, mega-buck pinball machines, bringing a lot of flash and creativity to the table is certainly better than not.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

bringing a lot of flash and creativity to the table is certainly better than not.

JJP has brought lots of flash and creativity since WOZ, but the gameplay still does nothing for me. Hopefully someday?

#579 3 years ago

Both games are going to be legendary. Sure LZ is getting lots of hate for the art, but that is a typical Stern failing. This game is gonna be fun as all hell. And I for one never need to hear Stairway again or Free Bird for that matter. Glad they left both off the machine. (Yeah I know LS wouldn't be on an LZ machine, but PM&W is on the GnR.)

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Why spend $7-$10K on...

Any game...or not...who the fuck cares are we hurting for monies or something?

#581 3 years ago

Let’s hope JJP does Black Sabbath instead of Stern

#582 3 years ago

I’m good if either one of them does sabbath, also I really feel slayer could be killer but very very polarizing.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

First round knockout, and the winner and 2020 Champ[quoted image]

Get in the ring

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The true winner is in the eye of the beholder. Flashy lights and lipstick mean nothing to me. Gameplay is what it is all about, it will be interesting in a few months from now what people's opinions are on gameplay differences. I wanted a GNR but unfortunately it did nothing for me. I am leaning towards LZ for the better of the two-but I will of course need to play it before I can make an educated opinion about it. Also need to probably wait until after the honeymoon stage is over as well.

I’m thinking all the same thoughts. Past all the bling and lights how will gameplay hold up? So many games have been trashed on pinside then later on people are clamoring for them and paying inflated prices.

#585 3 years ago

Both are Excellent!

#586 3 years ago

The JJP GNRCE does a lot for me.

LZ does not. Total lack of theme integration

To me it’s just an LZ wrapper around a game I’ve already shot many times before.

GNR is on a whole different level of pinball experience

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The JJP GNRCE does a lot for me.
LZ does not. Total lack of theme integration
To me it’s just an LZ wrapper around a game I’ve already shot many times before.
GNR is on a whole different level of pinball experience

Give the Tim Sexton interview a listen, code sounds good, integration of 5 iconic tours sounds fine, light show sounds good and more to come apparently.

#588 3 years ago

Seems there is no competiton.
Jjp won by default.
Stern with another generic no soul effort.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Jjp won by default.

Awesome that you can determine that with no gameplay at all. I'm jealous.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome that you can determine that with no gameplay at all. I'm jealous.

Point well made, but on the surface its not a close race....yet again Stern has done a wonderful job of paying the least amount possible for a license, and in this case even hired a third grader to provide the art package....

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Point well made, but on the surface its not a close race....yet again Stern has done a wonderful job of paying the least amount possible for a license, and in this case even hired a third grader to provide the art package....

I'm sorry...but I've heard the same thing with GOT, SW, and STh...and all three have turned out to be incredibly fun games. It's not a reskin like the Beatles was (and that looked like an Easter basket to me) and this looks like it could be a really fun game. Too early to judge...but that's Pinside.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Jjp won by default.

Sorry, Dr pin, but your diagnosis is a bit premature!

#593 3 years ago

I do love it on here when everyone judges a game they have never played once as a piece of shit...

Ive actually played a bunch of GNR and it has a ton of stuff and looks cool, game play is meh.

End of day for me personally I'll take a great playing ugly ass game over any great looking game that plays meh.

The JJ stuff is all about cosmetics and how much crap can we put on the playfield... they are great at that. Gameplay? not so much.

Im not about to judge LZ a dud until ya know.. I actually play one.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I do love it on here when everyone judges a game they have never played once as a piece of shit...
Ive actually played a bunch of GNR and it has a ton of stuff and looks cool, game play is meh.
End of day for me personally I'll take a great playing ugly ass game over any great looking game that plays meh.
The JJ stuff is all about cosmetics and how much crap can we put on the playfield... they are great at that. Gameplay? not so much.

What's nice about pinball having these two companies making games is that they do seem to produce games that appeal to different types of players. How boring would it be if they both had the exact same design philosophy.

Frankly, though, there's not a pinball machine made that I couldn't enjoy for at least 500 plays or so and that's more than most of you play your machines before selling anyway, if the market place is any indication

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You must be lost. You clearly don't belong here. That made far too much sense.

#596 3 years ago

I'm starting to think EVERY pinball company should just live-stream their reveal with gameplay at that moment. You'd be able to not only see the gameplay, but see the light show along with the artwork and how it all ties together. I don't care if it's JJP or Spooky or Stern: Everybody seems to turn into an art critic when a game is released...and that's not really what pinball is about.

Do you all remember when DI was shown at Expo by JJP? Half the room got up and walked out. I was embarassed for the JJP guys and felt horrible--how do you think that makes someone feel after spending years on a project to have everybody judge it on the spot without even plunging a ball first? And DI went on to be regarded as one of JJP's finest games.

GnR looks amazing. I have no idea how it plays. LZ looks less amazing, but judging by my love of past Ritchie games, it's a safe bet for me...even if it's got a face only a mother could love. (Although I think it looks pretty cool...)

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must be lost. You clearly don't belong here. That made far too much sense.

Could be... I do play the things and not just mod them and rub them with a diaper once a week.

The freakout over the art just shows how many people buy these as a trophy and dont actually play them.

Same people that put up their machine for sale they bought NIB a year ago and it only has 25 plays.

Not sure what they do... turn it on stare at the lights and turn it back off?

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm starting to think EVERY pinball company should just live-stream their reveal with gameplay at that moment. You'd be able to not only see the gameplay, but see the light show along with the artwork and how it all ties together. I don't care if it's JJP or Spooky or Stern: Everybody seems to turn into an art critic when a game is released...and that's not really what pinball is about.
Do you all remember when DI was shown at Expo by JJP? Half the room got up and walked out. I was embarassed for the JJP guys and felt horrible--how do you think that makes someone feel after spending years on a project to have everybody judge it on the spot without even plunging a ball first? And DI went on to be regarded as one of JJP's finest games.
GnR looks amazing. I have no idea how it plays. LZ looks less amazing, but judging by my love of past Ritchie games, it's a safe bet for me...even if it's got a face only a mother could love. (Although I think it looks pretty cool...)

Well, JJP did score one point from the LZ release -- if anyone complains about mom jeans again they can say at least their guy has pants on.

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Well, JJP did score one point from the LZ release -- if anyone complains about mom jeans again they can say at least their guy has pants on.

...and (presumably) a penis.

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But then you wouldn't have experts telling you why it sucks before they play. This way is much more fun. Both good games, I hope. In different ways

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.