E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trogdor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#431 3 years ago

If distributors are out of LEs already, shouldn’t Stern change that number before press release? Odds are it is just a topper and special speakers - not autographed stuff. How many LEs can you produce and still call it an LE? Should get a pool going for official LE number- I say 1000.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They never made more than 500 LE for any rock machine. I’m going to guess we see 350-500.

Pick a number!
They never made an LZ pinball before. This many people with this much cash around, make 2000. International markets with the weak dollar- except the tariff countries, pure profit.

#451 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I doubt the LE will have a topper included, BM66 LE/SLE were the only time that was done and those weren't cornerstone games. The LEs will likely be autographed by the designer (Ritchie) and have a certificate signed by Gary Stern. Everyone pretty much expects a mirrored back glass, HD glass over the playfield, powder coating, upgraded speakers, and an exclusive art package. My guess is it will be 500 based on recent LEs although they did go up to 800 on SW and eventually sold them all. LE sales are based at least in part on FOMO so the larger the number the lower the incentive to buy. As for how many LEs can be produced and still call it an LE, I think JJP is pretty much pushed the upper limit of that at 5000. That said GNR CE is version that was really limited and they kept that at 500 despite high demand.

So if it is designers autographs and not bands, I don’t see why not bump the number. If it was Sir Robert Plant- “please sir, we need another 500 signatures”- no chance..

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe brighter with celebration day or Mothership?

Mothership with all black and red with this playfield? Doubt it.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The artwork on both cabinets are what I'd expect to see on a homebrew or re-skinned, Led Zep game.
Fuh-gly.

Yeah, too psychedelic. Singing about Valhalla and looking like LSD- eh.. Was hoping art would fit more of their lyrics, not time of Zeppelin

#695 3 years ago

I’m going with Zep II for LE- only one not boring and right colors

#700 3 years ago

Pro looks like later Beatles, no?
I prefer premium, but something is off.

#746 3 years ago

Never would have guessed that LE. Absolutely no point. Topper on the premium looks like the winner.
After watching gameplay, I didn’t want Immigrant song to start over- bad sign?

#763 3 years ago

Hearing February build for premiums- anybody else?

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

obviously you are not a fan
[quoted image]

Obviously... I would read an entire thread where people have listed where the art came from several times and still ask? Some people love those images, not what I picture for iconic Zep due to similarity to Yellow Submarine

Zeppelin my favorite band and I’ll have to process. Hopefully, JJP gets the U2 license..

#959 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe it's time for some younger designers who want some [removed] to do some band games?

Haha! Yes! What was somebody going for with the LE?

#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I don’t get it?[quoted image]

Anybody under 20 who sees this -“why is there somebody in transition all over this game? Icar what?”

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

guns way better pin.. most played out songs black dog and whole lotta love...sick of those songs

Because we haven’t heard GnRs 4 quality songs how many times since the ‘80s?

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I don't see any theme integration at all yet on the playfield. Maybe it's all in the code...we shall see soon enough. I'm indifferent about the artwork...all 3 are good enough for me if the game were to shoot well and feel unique. Now I'm on the fence to jump on a Pro or not like I originally was last week. Bit of a buzz killer...looking forward to seeing the gameplay streams.

The theme integration is that you are a young Jimmy or Robert or.. and embarking on a rock gods life. This is more guitar hero Zeppelin then an homage to the band.
Gameplay will be interesting to see what video is included. Can you say UK 71 without video of ‘71? Then has to be different for ‘77? And if the video is different, will the audio? Odds are, would have costed too much and we will see generic animations in all.

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I dont mind GNR music.. I just liked it better when Aerosmith did it in the 70s.

Curious. What Aerosmith songs give you that raw intensity like GNR? Aerosmith style seems more Zep, GNR is a more fun Metallica(early).

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Um.. most of them in the 70s?
ask Slash since he has said his whole goal with the band was to write stuff that sounds like his favorite record which is rocks by Aerosmith
they are about as original as Axl's poison inspired hair spray hairdo when they started up.

No. Not calling out Aerosmith- they have stuck around for a reason, and inspired many bands. But there is a reason GnR has been used in stadiums since AFD. It pumps people up. Raw. Aerosmith with Walk this Way or Back in Saddle is close, but no. Zep has RocknRoll, Immigrant song... I’m not a fan of GnR due to overplay, but I’ll give them props. The Black Crowes now, yeah- totally stole Aerosmith..

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

True, but if MM came out today the castle would probably be a piece of plastic lol.

Yeah, for the pro model that is $6500..

Quoted from TreyBo69:

The Beatles is a tough license by all accounts. The inserts on it are well blended into the other elements. Some are even decorated like records and the kick drum is a giant insert that flashes to the beat.
I’m only an outsider looking in. I’m sure Led Zeppelin were not the best business partners Stern has worked with. But the art is bad no matter how much I try to rationalize and sympathize with the people stuck with making an art package for a band that lacked a lot of visual identity
Heck months ago in some other thread I was wishing whatever artist the best of luck with this theme. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/211#post-5904637
I’m really curious what the LCD is going to look like. The few pieces so far haven’t been too encouraging.
It is what it is

Is the art really that bad or have we changed? I laughed at my 18 year old many a morning seeing what mishmash of colors he was wearing. Joke was on this guy- all his friends were looking like that LE. Maybe the clash of colors will draw in the under 30s.

#2280 3 years ago

Stream looked great. But that first game, 3rd player- hits the left slingshot and drains 3x in a row!! LOL. I’m sure that will be most of my games.

1 week later
#2799 3 years ago

Saw the reveal- was horrified..relieved I hadn’t found an LE.
Saw the Stern stream- still horrified..
Saw the SDTM gameplay- ok, ok, maybe
Played the pro - well, if I go sweet on it people will all start with the “wow, write a review after 5 games..ppfffftt”. Or “all your expectations were so low, how could it be any worse?” Possibly, but against all odds, it comes together real nice. Played it with sound blasting, which is key.

First off- you can hit the middle ramp from the third flipper. In 10 games, saw it twice. It is near impossible for average players but why aim for it??
Second- action button can launch ball and pick stuff- yeeaahh..
Third- Wizard mode is AMAZING! But, I had to sign something to play so, yeah, wish I could share.

I might like it because it is simple. It’s the Beatles but with ramps and great music. Long balls happen. Want to listen to great music and hit ramps? This is the pin for you. Want to launch a mode, try to hit something specific a lot, hit lots of ramps and listen to great music? This is the pin for you. Want to aim for an important target in the middle of the playfield which causes the ball to drain at 3x the speed you hit it? Buy a Star Wars, or AC/DC.

Who cares what’s on the lcd, who cares about a British guy saying a bunch of stuff, who cares that the translite is the same as the sides, who cares the code isn’t perfect. See a flashing arrow by a ramp?- hit it!..and repeat - with great music.. I’m a huge Zeppelin fan so, yeah low bar. Hit anything, song keeps going. Don’t hit anything, song keeps going! Thought I would get tired of the same song, but it doesn’t have that effect. If I’m at a bar and had a few beers- I know this is the low stress pin for me. I’m a pretty big AC/DC fan as well, but couldn’t stand that pin. This works for me. Nice work, again, Stern. Now, is it worth $6,8 or 9.5k? Ah, well.. and yeah- never saw Wizard mode. Not even close, but who cares? It’s Zeppelin blasting while I’m playing with flippers and steel balls!

1 week later
#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

this is not a clup thread so it's all good"

Did you spell it right there? I’ll go check and roast ya!

These are just opinions. If it is called “LZ hype thread”, it seems to open the debate for level of hype it deserves. If it was “LZ owners only thread”, then their comments would be out of place.

Well, I can’t wait for my premium! All most people are going to care is that it says Led Zeppelin and it plays Led Zeppelin! If you don’t like Led Zeppelin, I would strongly recommend something else- it’s that simple. Stern got it right, light shows and toys are for bands that you need to distract people from the now unwatchable lead singer.

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Totally agree that saying Stern got it right is the epitome of a fan boy statement with no objectivity at all. It is barren with four ramps, two spinners with one rising, drop targets, Icarus on a stick, and three pop bumpers. And the call outs makes me think it’s ready for tea time and biscuits.
I am sure it’s fun but no way is it worth $7600 for the premium to me and the pro is too stripped to even consider. Regardless if Sterns hands were tied or not by LZ, it is still a bare bones pin with LZ music. Iron Maiden, Metallica, and AC/DC was done right IMO and IM the best of the bunch play wise but wish I loved the band because if it’s a music based pin I have to love the band.
I love LZ but not enough to buy it unfortunately. I was really excited for this pin but fell short big time. I look forward to hopefully playing it one day but can’t fork over that much money on a fast shooter that I haven’t played. Hopefully can play it and code comes through.

No objectivity?! Fan boy?! Have you not read any of my previous posts?? I have meant nothing to you?.. I’m truly shattered that I would pour my heart out on these anonymous pages to be cast aside as a mere tart from someone who HAS NEVER PLAYED THE GAME! I will save my cutting words about BKSOR and Space Jam for another time, since my current state is obviously affecting my objectivity of those “classic” pins..

Only messing, definitely try this bad boy out after having a few beers and jack the volume. If listening to the music and seeing those images isn’t worth $7k, don’t buy. I’ve been listening to Zep for 40 years, I didn’t want to buy after seeing the videos, but now I have to buy. If your kids hate it- good! Is IM packed with $7k of toys? Is it still fun even with pretty awful music? Then LZ will be for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trogdor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.