E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slcpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 1 year ago

Jack doesn’t give AF about DMCA

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Anyone who says that "so-in-so won't care about a DMCA claim" doesn't anything know anything at all about posting content online. It is like saying a race care driver doesn't care if his car explodes on the way to the race.

Do watch his streams. He plays music all the time still. I think part of him is over streaming and wouldn’t mind moving on if he gets three strikes.

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Im not saying they dont deliver eventually but at the moment you have people who ordered games months ago still waiting.
The last run of Elviras left lots people who had one "on order with their dealer" hanging.
Went from you'll have your game in Oct to now maybe March.

It’s almost like if you don’t order a game during its first run when it is the primary thing on the line you have to wait until space on the line opens up...

#306 1 year ago

Merry Blurry Pictures Eve!! Have you all been good boys and girls???

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I just can’t imagine putting a ton of money down on something and not know anything about it other than it’s going to be a Led Zeppelin pin.

That’s just the game If you want an LE. You have plenty of time to order after reveal if you’re getting a pro or pre and still be on the first run.

#311 1 year ago

Complaining about sterns ability to pump out games is absolutely laughable. You’re new here so I understand that you don’t understand but you’re out of your depth.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How did he resolve all the Twitch licencing crap?

He will just stream it. Delete the vod and upload to YouTube. YouTube will just demonetize the video.

#1060 1 year ago

I understand that the art isn’t what most hoped but looking at all three I think they’d certainly stand out in a line up. I quite like the art. My biggest concern is what the upper flipper shoots.

#1128 1 year ago

I apologize if I blow y’alls minds too hard with this little bit of insight but red, yellow, and blue are primary colors. The color combo isn’t insane. It’s literally primary.

#1134 1 year ago

I bet the LE looks awesome in person. Y’all so fragile you’re afraid of bright colors....

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Doesn’t Iron Maiden have that as well?

Iron Maiden has one..... right next to a loop shot that you hit from the same flipper.

#1500 1 year ago

I always find that pins look better in person than they do in the promo photos. I can’t count the number of art packages I’ve been bummed about until I see them irl. I understand where people are coming from with the powder coat but I bet it looks awesome in person.

#1857 1 year ago

I honestly wasn’t interested in Led Zeppelin. It’s my dads music and while I do think it is GOOD music it’s just not MY music. Buuuuut if that pro had the forth ramp I’d be making a tough decision right now. I think it’s one of the coolest art packages I’ve seen in pinball. Very unique and would stand out big time.

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Has anyone actually looked at the playfield? I had 2 LEs on order and was a dream theme. Art is shit and playfield looks very uninspiring canceled both and rather play fathom rocking out to LZ than spend 9k x 2 on this. Keep giving Stern a pass and soon we will all be back to balls. pins and holes!
Sorry venting just a little upset edibles made it all ok !

Eat some more.

#2050 1 year ago

Animations look freaking awesome.

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maiden and Beatles are pretty protective of their license. Just sayin...

DMCA just recently started going after streamers. It wasn’t a problem because they didn’t have the same technology to go after people that they do now. It’s really not that hard to understand.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

One thing I don’t understand about this DMCA stuff, why is it that people can still have videos on YouTube such as ACDC pinball? What is the difference between live stream and saved video?

They are already demonetized and wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing them taken down too.

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why can’t the stream be demonetized? I don’t understand making money on streaming the promotion of a product. Also, since Stern had the rights to sell and market this licensed product, shouldn’t they be able to do a streaming on their own website without breaking the law?

The way that streams make money is different from YouTube. YouTube pays a portion of add revenue to channels based on viewership. So YouTube can just not pay you if you are using material that you didn’t pay for. Streams are in general a subscription service which means people are paying directly. Twitch can’t stop people from subbing or getting tipped directly so their course of action if you are using copyrighted material is to ban you or take your channel away. Which for a lot of streamers is literally taking their job away. This isn’t a stern marketing scheme it’s just how the internet works right now. Some sort of compromise will probably be figured out eventually but that’s for Twitch/YouTube lawyers to figure out with record label lawyers.

#2270 1 year ago

They are probably experimenting with thinner clear I would guess to avoid the chipping and pooling that pinside loves to scream about. This is what spooky does.

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Had a JP Le with the same issue. It is considered ‘acceptable’

By who?

#2275 1 year ago

Spooky playfields are the only ones that don’t get complaints.

#2314 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My point is that a lot of the most listened to pinball podcasts are souping up their shows with content from those sources, so we should expect pinball podcasts to be changing to a more bland/generic format soon.

Fair use allows for some sampling of music. Most podcasts aren’t using clips more than a couple of seconds. If someone played a full song on their into that they don’t have rights to they would definitely be a target for DMCA.

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If the license holder approves of having a demonetized video on YouTube, why wouldn't YouTube allow it?

Because robots

#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

This is a path that will become more and more unreasonable.
In the future can you even Show Pictures of your house?
What if there is a painting? A specially designed furniture?
A plant that is produced and cultivated by a Company?
If they want people at all beeing able to produce any kind of own material, they have to sort this.
I´d like to see a clear ruleset that if you replicate anything in a way that it replaces the original, then it´s not permitted. Having bits of Music coming out from a pinball machine and then a microphone recording of that while people talk....
If that is prohibited, it´s just silly.

I have definitely seen videos on YouTube channels like Architecture Digest where they blur out art on house tours. Definitely silly. Same reason that there’s no branding on clothes in movies. So dumb. Like the movie is better because the main character wore a Nike hat in one scene.

#2521 1 year ago

On the flip side my wife used to work for a liquor company who paid a ton of money to have James Bond order a vodka martini with their brand. We made a night of going to the premiere with her boss and coworkers and partnered with a bar to party before and after. Watched the whole movie... scene was cut. They were using the company’s product throughout the movie but bond never ordered it. Epic fail. We got a bunch of free vodka martinis out of it though!!!

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do these people that stream pinball make a living doing it or does it supplement some other main income?

It is Jack’s main job but he does do other things on the side. He is the only pinball streamer making enough on Twitch to be considered a living. Pinball is a very niche category when it comes to streaming. There are some streamers that make millions of dollars but they aren’t streaming pinball.

1 week later
#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Until you brick the shot into one of the posts in that raised assembly and it goes SDTM...

Bricking a shot that goes SDTM.... there’s certainly no place for that in pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slcpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside