E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 1 year ago

Zeppelin rules the rock world!

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No, Yes, and No. I forgot the record but a wireform is not a toy and neither is ramp. They are ball locks and ramps. Quite different.

Man you are being defensive over a game you haven’t even seen yet.Proven GnR is shit doesn’t make LZ one iota better!

#573 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Knowing Stern , it'll be the cartoon version
[quoted image]

Oh shit this would be hilarious!
Hey Hey we’re the Zeppelins

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I dig all 3 to be honest but I actually really like the band so I guess I’m biased and not looking strictly as a pinhead.

I love Zeppelin but let's be honest about this artwork I agree with rare hero on this!

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you can say that again! and for a grand it damn well should be

You'll be lucky if they're charging just a grand for this one if you compare to the other masterpieces they put out recently!

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Those LED lights embedded in the cabinet look amazing. Definitely a first.

Man do you work for Stern or what?

#785 1 year ago

Where the fuck is Hazoff?Is he speechless or what?

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you changed your order to the blandest cabinet/translite package ever made? Weird.

I think he’s just saying it’s easier to look at and live with?

#868 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

for those of you NOT in the hobby far back enough to have witnessed the Angus' Face debacle when AC/DC was revealed: everyone hated it, no one was buying it, yet it went on to be one of Stern's best sellers and considered one of their most classic games of all time. For those of you that WERE in the hobby far back enough to witness that: remember when that happened??

It’s still fugly!

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I just hope more people compare it to GNR.
Legit greatest hard rock band of all time vs an Aerosmith wanna be that started as a hair band in the late 80s.
makes sense kind of because GNR the pin is all about bling etc and Im sure LZ will play miles better.

Be careful what you ask for!We’re not comparing the bands here Zeppelin wins hand down we’re comparing the pinball machines dedicated to them.

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's under his direction. You can "blame the licensor", but you can still have an eye for detail & guide your artists to do something nice within licensor guidelines.
I once heard a story about Ritchie telling Borg he was nuts for using Dirty Donny for Metallica...no one would want that type of art on a MANLY METAL game....and that's why they did the Photoshop "Roadcase" Premium. Met paved the way for a new and exciting pinball art era for Stern...not sure why Steve never got on board.

You need to stop now,this hillbilly from Indiana is agreeing with you on all these points.I think if we sat down and had a beer I could have you agreeing with me on some other issues

#970 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Part of the problem is you gotta get the designer on board with the theme. Steve Ritchie ain't getting hyped to make [removed] the pinball machine.
The other issue is rock is kinda dead? Unless they feel like mining 90s rock. Do people really want a Pearl Jam pin? Maybe a Foo Fighters...

Don’t need no Pearl Jam pin,but I will take some of that [removed] pin you speak of!

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

To be fair neither has JJP

Could not help yourself,could you?

#983 1 year ago

I would almost bet money that if Stern could have seen GnR a long time before they did,Zeppelin would look a lot different.It’s a shame they’re the favorite of my youth.
Sex drugs(nothin too harmful) and rock & roll(Shit loads of concerts for $7.50 each!

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yet you did not deny it

It’s not what we’re talking about,stay on point!

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

People wanting their deposits back?

Dude that was cold!

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just Steve Ritchie.
I liked on Elvira HOH LE/SLE they had 4 people sign it (designer, artist, coder, lead engineer).

Quoted from Napoleon:

Double asinine post.

If you keep saying it it could be true

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Singers don't enter onto stages from rising platforms?
The 96 RGB side lights mimic concert lighting.
METAL ramps? (A must in any rock game)

Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Sorry, Steve. Nothing personal

He does seem to be taken criticisms of Sterns new pin personally?

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Yeah that was brutal!

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Per write up:
“Expression Lighting SystemTM – 96 intelligent RGB LEDs enables full color spectrum control; synchronized and adjustable, responsive to game events
Positioned in pockets cut into the cabinet sides to provide color themed full playfield illumination, this integrated playfield lighting system is synchronized to custom light shows specifically designed for every song.”
This cannot be easily replicated. You’d have to drill holes etc. Pingraffix Power Blades are a mess. Don’t fit well and easily scratch up, because the bulging lights touch the PF when pulling up. I know, because I had them. Ended up pulling them off, what a total waste.
This lighting system is superior in my view, because they actually light the PF and not pointed directly at your face. Big plus!

Zeppelin for the win! GnR sucks
Like LZ beats GnR because of the side rails .Yeah right

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Here we go, lol. That being said, I’d put JJP GNR up against any pinball machine and feel pretty good about it’s chances.
LZ looks like a great shooter. Need more info on the rules. Tim needs to knock it out with this.

I was just being sarcastic because of Thunderbirds post claiming that Sterns light panels were so superior to GnR’s

#1378 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just changed my Zep LE order to GNR LE. I wanted to love this game, but I can't justify the cost for what the game could have been. Look forward to playing it on location and hope the code, video and gameplay make up for the uninspiring artwork. Metallica, Iron Maiden and AC/DC were home runs for Stern, but this looks more like Rolling Stones or Elvis to me. JJP gets my money on this one.

Good call.

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I find it funny people are backing out of Zeppelin LE models they had secured. I’m calling BS. Anyone who had and also can afford to grab an LE would do it. Worst case if the game or artwork was horrifying to you. At the very least you could play the shit out of the game until next summer maybe longer. And still get what you paid for it nib. Everyone bashing Stern and Steve Ritchie. I honestly can say they don’t give a rats ass about what you think or how disappointed you are in the release. End of the day. They are smiling. I mean really smiling!!

I know your wrong about Steve Ritchie!The first time I had a chance to converse with Steve was at the Texas Pinball Festival the year AC/DC came out.I said hello and he ask me What’s your honest opinion of my new game?I believed he really does care if people like his games or not.I know as a finish carpenter and contractor the money is second after the quality of my work.

#2244 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I am too!

I'm out.

What you don’t want a new Zaccaria pinball machine?

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Oh dead God. I think I had the green suit for church.

God is dead????

#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

It's a true statement but I can't stop purchasing Sterns because they are so reliable.
Although I love my JJPs I continue to have problems with each and every one I own.
Prefer JJPs by far.

Less tech and less moving parts equals less to break down,but I’ve noticed once I gel my JJP’s dialed in their very reliable

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Almost every time I go into Gobstopper it gets stuck.
19 out of 20 times.
It's driving me batty

Look at the Wonka owners thread that’s an easy fix well documented.
Once you do it should stay that way.
I guess I got lucky and got a perfect playfield with no issues of any kind!

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man if this is the zep hype thread I live in fear of ever discovering the pit of depravity that surely is the Zep Hate Thread!

One thing your right about is the Calvin piss on comparison.I actually just read a guy claim that LZ’s artwork is superior to GnR’s.Even if I was buying a LZ I would be intellectually honest enough to admit the LZ’s isn’t even close

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I think they are both kinda fugly if that makes you feel better.

You know your right the GnR is even hideous to gaze upon

AD4944AB-C4DA-433F-A54B-1C13C2554334 (resized).png
#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

People are just going batty for new pins for a battle royals for consumers. I can’t believe how much money is being thrown at Alien startup again as well.

That is a surprise, is it because of the Cointakers connection
I’m mean really to be built in Italy by a start up company seems kind of shaky

#2485 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

And for the love of it, leave the zeppelin off.

Yeah no shit,how’s about a big ass gong somewhere in the mix!

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

and the RGB lights
[quoted image]

I can’t wait for the pinball shows to start back up.I’m going to encourage my distributor friend to put these two side by side.

#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

G&R is like the pretty girl that is all "took out what would have been censored " pretty only takes you so far

Wtf?

#2529 1 year ago

[quoted image]
Wow Hazoff you really pulled this one out your ass?

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Here ya go, it’s actually spelled “Luci”, it was a variation of a premium that stern created with a different art package on the back glass and sides.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6502

I wanted AC/DC the first time I played it at the TPF.But I didn’t pull the trigger until I saw the premium Luci

F034C7B4-0B83-4530-91FB-B01DF8D77B43 (resized).jpeg
#2592 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What are you talking about? Have you not read the past 15 pages?
You can turn down the music/songs, period, while leaving the callouts/sounds. It's been that way for years on all Stern pins.
NOBODY wants to tune into a Led Zep pinball reveal stream where you can't hear the fucking songs, so it's moot anyway. THAT'S THE FUCKING ISSUE.
It seems like nobody in this thread can retain more than half a page of posts at any given time. Goldfishside!
"Is Lyman on Code?! Anybody got a link to the stream?!"

If you would’ve been paying attention you would know that Tim Sexton is on the code!

1 week later
#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

SW's is fucking great. This looks like a fun game to shoot. Its the collectors who have these "loaded" "PF under the glass" concerns and justifiably so but u have JJP, loaded, well lit and nice to look at with a big display, oh and boring.

Dude you could’ve had some credibility and then you call GnR boring?

#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hopefully one day I will have opinions & posting styles that meet with your specific wants and desires.

Don’t hold your breath.

#2808 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You really had to sign something to play the game?

Probably because of the super secret spectacular wizard mode!!!

#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WHat you talking about willis?
That is the dumbest "intentional" shot design ever
[quoted image]

No fucking way is that going to work!I don’t see even lucking that shot!

#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So where’s the hype? This thread of is no longer on fire!
Next Stern {Elwin} Godzilla or BTTF, {Eddy} Jaws or {Ritchie} My Little Pony?

Oh no don’t let Stern do BTTF we need Eric Menuir to do this after Pat knocks Toy Story out of the park!

#2869 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

It will take JJP till 2023 to get out the next 2 games

Look what happens with some of the grail properties that come out that don’t do justice to them?Run a poll about what company you would prefer to build a Back to the Future pin.I think JJP is going to blow up with the success of GnR & TS enough so as to expand their production capabilities.

#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u taking the pot? Man that first sentence is a tough read.
U should run that poll, I think u might be surprised kind sir.

I could’ve phrased that differently but the fact is you know JJP will put more into the game.

#2911 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why all pin themes are grail properties lol. TMNT theme sucks Jaws sucks TS sucks Elvira theme so-so Iron Maiden theme so-so

What?

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

End of January cant get here fast enufffff!!!!

Can’t wait to rip that spinner!!!

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The best part is when u do that in a JJP thread Romulick makes a point of letting u know how he doesn't do that in Stern threads. With the release of the apparent "game of the year" in GnR any praise for this "borefest" has the fan boys all a twitter. I love it.

Exactly why I’m here,because you and your ilk are over there stirring shit!!! The comparison between GnR and LZ is stupid.I could see how stupid it was right from the beginning when we were comparing artwork.

#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The best part is when u do that in a JJP thread Romulick makes a point of letting u know how he doesn't do that in Stern threads. With the release of the apparent "game of the year" in GnR any praise for this "borefest" has the fan boys all a twitter. I love it.

Dude in fairness to this Romulic guy you mention that’s not totally true.
I actually apologized when I realized I had posted in the LZ owners thread.How many times do you suppose this Jacoff guy was on the Wonka thread telling everybody what pussies they were for digging Wonka?

#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
If they did cost $100 000 and had what I wanted then I would pay it. I understand ur point although I don't know fuck all about cars and never thought the car/pinball analogy was a good one at all.
U know what I don't care. Ok fine JJP makes pins worth every cent and Sterns are a rip off. Got it. Oh wait then can u explain why they aren't the top dog?

Quoted from pinghetto:

I played LZ pro today and was really disappointed. The playfield layout was just bare. It felt like I was shooting the ball across the room to hit the ramps and pops and nothing inbetween. The game mechanics seemed really loud. Maybe that was because there was nothing on the playfield to absorb the sound. I couldn't believe the amount of unpopulated wood on the underside of the playfield. Not even some inserts? The lack of code probably didn't help my first impression. Call outs seemed uninspired and no build up for multiballs or modes.
I am more than happy to revisit this game in the future when the code matures and certainly looking forward to trying out a premium or LE.
Side note, the clear looked great on this particular game.
[quoted image]

Should be easy to work on?

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gotta hand it to Stern. They have convinced the world that the smallest, cheapest standup is a toy.

I've got four of them there jumpers on my Scared Stiff.They are pretty cool

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've got no dog in the fight as I've dropped my LZ LE Preorder, but GNR is definitely not packed with toys. Spinning record? Nah. "Kinetic" diverter? Nope. Ball lock? No. It's 100% more impressively packaged and presented though than LZ.
I've watched the 2 Deadflip streams a bunch. Honestly LZ reminds me of a really fast early solid state but with modern ramps, sounds and lighting. Ripping a spinner is the main feature. Ball only stops in a couple gobble holes plus the spinner of course. Super fast. Super flow. Super spinner.
Presentation: GNR wins
Toys: LZ beats GNR 1-0
Music: Personal preference, although GNR has many more songs
Callouts: GNR for sure
Rules: GNR. Deepers, but greater risk/reward, but you better like multiballs.
Quick Delivery: LZ for sure
Maintenance: LZ wins
Fun: Up to you.

JY64 speaks with a forked tongue but thank you for a fair assessment

#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

There are 16 songs on GNR that I've never heard of, talk about overkill. Meanwhile every song on LZ is a classic, plus there are many more classics that could have been added.

Most people including myself realize that Led Zeppelin is a lot better band then GnR!But we can almost all see that GnR is a better pin then Led Zeppelin

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yet hear you are in the LZ thread and this is the only post in G&R is hear thread in the last week LOL "Not sure if this is a thread that keeps track of bugs for GNR LE but here are a couple to add to the list...
Patience Multiball... hit the button to collect a 750000 jackpot and the game reset...
During certain multiballs some shots don't have sounds...I'm thinking this is just programming that has to catch up but it sometimes makes me wonder if my switches are working properly... (yes i have checked my switches)
I have experienced other bugs but will be more diligent in recording."

Wow man you need to get a life.I realize you live in a small world but damn man get off of my case you little monkey.Oh by the way most intelligent people on Pinside realize that with any new pin there is a setup and a learning curb.The guy with the resets figured out that his power supply plug was not completely pushed in all the way.

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

JJP folk have too much time before their ball drains, so they come here to waste time while they play. 30-40 min games? Hell no.

Actually the truth is I was just over there and their all talking about how much they love playing GnR.
Game of the year 2020

#3051 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I just posted this on the G&R is hear thread but its all good "romulusx and PanzerFreak have been bashing LZ on the Stern LZ hype thread they say it's not a club thread so it's all good. So G&R is a blinged out piece of shit remember folks this is not a clup thread so it's all good"

Your short on facts!I’m surprised you don’t like JJP pins more,they are easier for you to turn on and off aren’t they?

#3065 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I walked into my favorite local Pinball center (MoMs Market in College Park/Hollywood Maryland) to play some pinball for my birthday. I had a pocket full of quarters. I knew many of my favorites were there from previous visits. Twilight Zone, Medieval Madness, Addams Family....and a new favorite Dialed IN. So Imagine my surprise and delight to see a brand new Led Zeppelin Pro had just been delivered from Stern. Still in the box. I got real excited, as I am a Dad Rock, kinda guy. I am looking forward to returning when it is ready to play. I was soooo tempted to open it when no one was looking....
[quoted image]

When you get a chance to play could you come back and give us a reveiw?

#3096 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We are working on our Led Zeppelin Hologram topper and will have it done by February 28th. Here is one hologram as a preview. These look 10 times better in life then they do on videos, you do not see the choppy effect live.

Oh hell yeah that Icarus dude is badass!!!

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I say it was easy because on my first game, I was playing for 10-15 minutes and got GC without even paying much attention. It was easy to make the shots...easy to keep the ball in play. I've played over 300 games on Rick and Morty and have a hard time playing a 3 ball game for more than 2 minutes. Rick and Morty is next level difficult, and LZ looks pretty easy to me. Again, first impressions, since I only played one game! Since I've played most SR titles, the design was very familiar.
Don't know if you've ever actually played pinball, but when you play your first game, you are looking to make the shots and study the geometry. Unless you study the rules before playing your first game, it's unlikely you will be familiar with them.

He doesn't want to hear any opinions unless he agrees with hi own.He's a troll look at his previous posts!

#3155 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I am sure you will never understand the irony of you calling others trolls

I thought it was clear!
I am a very tall troll and you are a troll that uses a ladder to turn Stern pinball machines on and off

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

Actually every post you make shows what a small petty little man you are as for your actuall size you are just another fat slob
[quoted image]

Dude that is so lame your not even the least bit creative and your stock photos have become stale.I’m guessing in the real world you wouldn’t say half of the shit you do here?Your hiding but you know where I am

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside