E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looking forward to this game, hopefully stern had some inside info on GNR and went all out with assets to compete.

It'll be easy to have a better layout/shooter than GNR. The other lighting stuff is fluff. Preordered a pro, can't wait.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure about that, SW and BKSOR aren’t exactly inspiring pro layouts. We don’t play whitewoods. Pinball is about the total package. AC/DC is epic so I have confidence stern will deliver a great game.

I enjoyed SW layout, its the multiplier rules that killed it for me. I went BKSOR Premium at home, haven't played the pro, but the layout was fantastic for the type of game it was. I know the upper playfield added some dimension with the catapult, fight shot, loop for increasing mode scores, etc. Ritchie layouts are probably my favorite next to Balcers AP games.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought it was $9199//$7299/$5699. If I’m off a hair I apologize.

Isn't there a price increase of $100 starting the new year?

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can't help wishing this layout was on GnR, for the best of both worlds.
Happy with a pro, as looks like it will play fast, and be pure adrenalin.

I don't see a raising spinner being worth the extra cash to jump up to a premium. I wish it had Fool In The Rain though.

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I’m out. Looks like a toy compared to G&R

Good, toys are supposed to be fun.

#881 3 years ago

I don't think the art on any of them is bad, and who sees it when it's tucked between two machines anyway. Tempted to upgrade to a premium from the pro, but not sure the spinner/magnet is worth it.

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah, I don't want to sound ageist...but Keith Elwin is the youngest head designer and he's almost 50. He at least has a lot of fresh ideas because he hasn't been doing pinball design his whole professional career.
Rob Zombie or Primus are probably the newest

Elwin designs don't do anything for me. I love Maiden but the code saved it, JP2 and AIQ are meh at best. The code worries me on this game, Tim Sexton did BKSOR and hasn't had any major updates since release.

#1011 3 years ago

and SW turned into a fantasic pin

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The result shows the lack of love/care/collaboration with the licensee. GNR was a collaboration with JJP/Eric (who has a deep music background). This looks like LZ threw a bunch of "assets" over to Stern and they incorporated them. LZ cares about the licensee fees, not so much about pinball. Slash could give a shit about the license fees...he cares about pinball.

Then why doesnt GNR shoot well? It's a box of lights.

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Still can’t get over the fucking standup shot from third flipper. Stern is begging you not to buy the pro. What a joke

What's the difference with the shot from the premium? On the pro, the ball will trickle out to the right flipper, might require some skill with a nudge. On the premium, it travels via rail to right flipper. Pro sounds more fun. Anyways, looks like a tight shot that may not be a high percentage shot regardless. Looking forward to the streams.

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

There is a huge divide in pinball between the people who barely play and only care about looks and bling VS players that could care less as long it plays great.

Sounds like Stern vs JJP, playable games vs lights.

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's on Stern for putting this game up days before even a video of someone playing it.

What is on Stern?

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting as I dont really see much to offer from that ramp and prefer the bang and back of a target over the ramp return to safe flipper shot yet again.
I welcome that shift and think it will really bring a bit more skill to the pro.

I thought the same thing, the shot will register to one switch on both the pro and premium.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Spoken like a true Stern fanboy! Just canceled my LE as I cant bare to see how poorly integrated this whole game is, and I just feel like this theme has been wasted!

I guess you didnt see my collection...lol

#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Yeah, for the pro model that is $6500..

Is the art really that bad or have we changed? I laughed at my 18 year old many a morning seeing what mishmash of colors he was wearing. Joke was on this guy- all his friends were looking like that LE. Maybe the clash of colors will draw in the under 30s.

Pros can be had for 5800

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Tim has a lot to prove for me. I wasn’t impressed with the rules on BKSOR. Listening to the Jeff T interview didn’t give me any confidence he will knock this one out of the park.

The rules on BKSOR Prem were great, never played a pro so don't know if the lack of upper playfield/catapult mb brought it down.

#1836 3 years ago

If i can play pinball to Led Zeppelin, hell yeah. I think the premium has the best art but not sure if the rising lock/ spinner is worth it. Ugh, first world decisions...

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t mean it that way. You seem extremely upset about a pinball reveal. Just take a step back and try to enjoy it. At the end of the day it’s just a game. If it’s not for you it’s not for you. There’s always the next one.

Agreed 100%, seems like people take these things personally. Unfortunately I think social media makes everyone feel like their opinion matters and everyone needs to agree with them or they're bad.

#1843 3 years ago

I'd be interested in getting a premium and swapping translites with a pro or vice versa, that would look decent. A mix of both albums.

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That there is the best thing I’ve heard in this thread! Good Idea

Thanks, now I'll take half the TWD topper profits please...jk that was an entertaining thread, good for you!

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

If your biggest concern in 2020 is that your crazy expensive toy doesnt have a good enough art package for you than life isnt so bad really.

Lol, 100%. Great article about social media:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/617384/

You are the product on Facebook. Nobody still cares about your opinion.

#1918 3 years ago

Pro incoming by the end of the month!

#1931 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thought it was funny that in order to get a good picture of the side art you had to move the other pin. Back to the hype.. I have pro versions of GOTG and TMNT. I saw no reason to buy the premium. However ST and AIQ have me considering the premium. LZ has me right on the fence. I do like the premium art better (there i said it).. but the ball thing in the middle isn't a big deal to me, nor is the extra habitrail. But the missing lights might deal breaker. Looks cool though.

Stern is releasing the lights for the Pro in March, not sure how much though

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Crazy ribbing in that clear on LZ.

Oh no!

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So $850 is cheap now? It’s a pretty lame effort as usual.
So glad I haven’t been sucked in to this whole topper obsession.

Same, toppers don't make any sense to me. That's good money that could go to another machine, if I had space.

#1997 3 years ago

I wonder how many LE cancelers are wanting back in. Looks like a great game, can't wait for my pro. Might have to upgrade to premium down the line.

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

They don't. Check Automated's EHOH page. Or their JP Prem page. Or their DP Prem page.

I think Hot Wheels looks great, but it's $600-700 more than a Stern Pro.

Agreed, Pros are much cheaper than Hot Wheels. Hot Wheels is great, it does fell like a Stern though, not that its a bad thing. Sterns feel great, snappy flippers, smooth gameplay and reliable.

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Doesn't the new Stern Pricing Tiers have the pros at 6199??

That's MSRP, not what you'll actually pay.

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

MSRP for Hot Wheels is 6300, and that's with sideblades and a shaker.
So My point stands, that's an apples to apples comparison; and AP crushes the Pro on value, not even close.

There's no wiggle room on AP games, lots of wiggle room on Stern. Not apples to apples, not sure if you've ever bought NIB, but I'd talk to a distributor if I were you. I own Hot Wheels, it's a very good game. It feels just like Sterns, which is another good thing. AP makes great games, single tier and prices them reasonably (including shipping).

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I've bought a half dozen NIB games...I thought Sterns were so hot right now, that would mean Distros are selling them at MSRP.

Again, I'd talk to a distributor. Maybe the greedy ones are selling at MSRP. If they're not budging, call another, takes a couple minutes. Luckily my distributor gives great prices and doesn't charge cc fees, so I can get 2-5% cash back rewards depending on what the rotating category is. The cash back is how I rationalize the purchases...lol

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Anyony who thinks JJP is a Ferrari I have a bridge to sell

Agreed, JJPs are like a big slow, heavy truck that constantly breaks down.

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But ... the toys!!

rd

and the RGB lights

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Based on your posts in this thread I’m assuming you’re being facetious. Why? I just don’t get why people get off on shit-posting. Who the hell has enough free time to hang out in a thread for a game they clearly have no interest in just to poke and prod the people who do? It’s fucking pinball man, go turn on your games and flip, it’s pretty fun.

It's jealousy, most people don't waste their time on things they don't like unless they secretly like and want one. Maybe he can't afford it right now.

#3007 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think they either designed it and said:
We have all this great song content and holy crap this game is tough. Move the scoop to the middle and add a shitload of balls.

There are 16 songs on GNR that I've never heard of, talk about overkill. Meanwhile every song on LZ is a classic, plus there are many more classics that could have been added.

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Why does EVERY Stern thread turn into a bash fest by JJP supporters??? It is as if the only safe place for people to enjoy their Stern games is the owner / club thread. Absent that, JJP defenders feel entitled to spout off ad nauseum about how their games have more toys on them and how they are "worth" more money. This is a Stern game's hype thread. By definition that would make it a thread for people who are excited about the game to meet and discuss and talk positively. Yet the same old people have to troll and talk shit. Its exhausting and pathetic.
I prefer Stern games. I have played all JJP games at shows and barcades. I find all of them deficient and for the most part, boring. Just not fun to shoot (absent Pirates). But you know what? I don't go into every JJP thread and say this. Why would I? I don't visit their threads, and I don't espouse my opinion as fact over and over and over again. I actually went into a few JJP threads recently to check, went through about 20 pages of threads, I didn't find Stern people talking about how JJP games are boring / bad themes / not fun to shoot, even though many people feel this way.
There specifically is a GNR vs LZ thread. Take your negativity there. Or get a life.

JJP folk have too much time before their ball drains, so they come here to waste time while they play. 30-40 min games? Hell no.

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thanks you guys just felt alittle let down.
I'll get on it tomorrow with no family around to disturb my opinion.
It is always a bummer when they don't support a new title.

Quoted from romulusx:

Actually the truth is I was just over there and their all talking about how much they love playing GnR.
Game of the year 2020

Luckily awards mean nothing, especially whatever a Twipy is. Only opinion that matters, is our own. Never watched a podcast, never will, I've got a life outside of pinball. BTW Oktoberfest is my favorite game ever!

1 week later
#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

This place had at least 10 in stock, they ain't hard to get.
Give it a couple of weeks and the HUO ones will hit the market.

If you don't like it, then why do you care?

2 weeks later
#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Like others, I'm not sure what the upper flipper on the right is for...l

It's used to extend multiplier time, keep combos going, start super modes, hit song shots and collect built up combo multipliers. It's a very important shot if you want to score big.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.