E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchild.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I was reading your comments and I have to say they felt dismissive. So, I thought I would try to sketch out what people like me are thinking. It is just a pinball machine but I do love pinball and there are truly a very limited amount of grail themes.
In 1977 I was in 5th grade when I saw Star Wars at the Coronet theater in San Francisco—which is where the film premiered. I saw it in the theater 9 times that summer. Led Zeppelin was the soundtrack to my teenage years. Those types of memories are limited. A person may only have a couple of true grail themes. Sure, I'll enjoy the next one as I enjoy them all to some degree but I still think it's fair to leave space for a discussion about lackluster art package.
I listened to Jeff Teolis to raise the same issues that I had this evening on his podcast. He's still buying the game. I too still want to play it and I might even buy one. I do care a lot about this theme and unfortunately, the next one will just be something random that I won't have an emotional connection to. So, for now, I’ll just go ahead and make my points and you can drink my beer for me.
See you tomorrow on Twitch.
P.S. I think you're a cool person. You've helped me out on here with some pinball problems. I know you and I could just totally hang out and it would be fun. I'm just talking about my feelings and stuff.

Well I don't know either of you but I do know BEER!

New Pinballs Rock!!!

I'm an empty hole and will never be full...

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had Dialed In for a bit and it was actually really fun to play for me. The layout and shots were great and the objectives were challenging but fun. After a couple months it just lost that luster for me. I contribute it to the theme. While not a franchise based theme, it did not connect with me like other themes have. Honestly if it was a modern LOTR with a journey style mode layout-it probably would have really kept my interest. I like to jab at the JJP fanboys but truly I wish JJP the best and really want to like their games. I am really hopeful that I may actually like Toy Story? Great time for pinball

Jab away
JJP games are the deepest best Pinball machines around.
All the titles I've gone through over last 17 years of owning including NIB Lord of the Rings don't even compare to Jack's games.

Sterns are fun too just not as much...

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes to me overly complex and clustered playfields-but they do have cool lighting that is for sure.
Look can we just say they are apples and oranges-tis the season and we all love different things-which is a good thing
Now here's to you Panzer
Try and save the JJP vs Stern for other threads-this is a Stern HYPE thread

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Have you played SW with open outlanes?, Have you ever gotten kicked in the balls by AC/DC?, How far have you gotten on GOT?
Ritchie games are very challenging and you do not have to play 20 repetitive modes to get to wizard

The games you're mentioning are to easy for me.
They make me yawn.
That's why I like JJP over Stern

Still like Both companies

Then again I have skills
You'll understand some day

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was once a bold loud mouth newbie as well-trust me I stuck my foot in my mouth quite a few times
[quoted image]

I like drinking early and often

#2352 3 years ago

It's someone going to start a Pro Vs Premium thread?
That would be most helpful

#2402 3 years ago

Just Send my Pro already!

It's a hold over for the real band pinball GNR!

Glad to be able to purchase both.

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

So sorry you feel that away about our products. Obviously you are unhappy because I think this is the third thread I have read about you being unsatisified.
There are literally a few thousand Powerblades out in the wild, We get great comments all the time. Obviously you were not happy and that's fine.
You have every right to bash my Company and family run business which we spend countless hours trying to satisy our customers.
I guess Ed Koch The ex-mayor of NYC once said "You can't please everybody" . As much as it may be true..we try the best we can to make everyone happy.
We strive to come up with Innovative, never done before types of products. And tremdous amount of design, technical work and innovation is what goes into every pair. Not to mention very expensive R&D as well.
It seems that some Pinball companies are just as impressed and try to simulate them as well. Like Led Zepp for example.
I am not going to sit here and post the copius amounts of message and e-mails I get praising them. It would take days..
However..If you do a search you will find that most people are blown away and love them.
Have a nice Holiday!
Joe

It's a true statement but I can't stop purchasing Sterns because they are so reliable.

Although I love my JJPs I continue to have problems with each and every one I own.
Prefer JJPs by far.

#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Less tech and less moving parts equals less to break down,but I’ve noticed once I gel my JJP’s dialed in their very reliable

Almost every time I go into Gobstopper it gets stuck.
19 out of 20 times.

It's driving me batty

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Look at the Wonka owners thread that’s an easy fix well documented.
Once you do it should stay that way.
I guess I got lucky and got a perfect playfield with no issues of any kind!

Will do thanks.

Don't mind the playfield issues.

I'm do a replacement unpopulated

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

So sorry you feel that away about our products. Obviously you are unhappy because I think this is the third thread I have read about you being unsatisified.
There are literally a few thousand Powerblades out in the wild, We get great comments all the time. Obviously you were not happy and that's fine.
You have every right to bash my Company and family run business which we spend countless hours trying to satisy our customers.
I guess Ed Koch The ex-mayor of NYC once said "You can't please everybody" . As much as it may be true..we try the best we can to make everyone happy.
We strive to come up with Innovative, never done before types of products. And tremdous amount of design, technical work and innovation is what goes into every pair. Not to mention very expensive R&D as well.
It seems that some Pinball companies are just as impressed and try to simulate them as well. Like Led Zepp for example.
I am not going to sit here and post the copius amounts of message and e-mails I get praising them. It would take days..
However..If you do a search you will find that most people are blown away and love them.
Have a nice Holiday!
Joe

I only read first line Your company is amazing!

Own your products and want to thank you for a great quality control.
Never Ever had an issue yet!!

You're an asset to this community.

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have no idea how it shoots/plays, but it's hard not to be impressed with JJP's GNR (and the interview with Eric Meunier below).
Stern should be embarrassed. People on this thread rationalizing Stern's design should be embarrassed...wow, I can backhand the ramps...wow, a spinner. Just crazy. Sure, JJP's GNR may be a few bucks more, but there is clear passion, value, beauty, and rockin' theme integration.

I'm sure both will be good in different ways.
It all will come down to fun factors and both look like they will be great.

Suprised your so critical on this pin given your wide range collection?

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I see and feel the difference however if it plays like kinda meh I dont really care.
Id take a fugly game that plays great over tons of fluff any day of the week.
Oddly enough the two JJ games that probably have the worst of what you seem to like are the best playing Wonka and Dialed In.
Maybe they should focus more on game play and not all the other crap?

Your spot on about Wonka and D.I. WoW

Rarely play my Hobbit and almost never play WOZ
Definitely like them though.

Rest will remain a mystery about Zeppelin until next week when it's in my home.

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So, when I bought my Funhouse machine the person I bought it from had upgraded the lights to LED. Just this week I finally swapped out all the bulbs on my Sopranos to LED. Time consuming and tedious! But wow, after years and years of getting used to the incandescent lights and going to LED. It looks like a brand new machine!!!
Not having purchased a newer model Stern, is it safe to assume that Led Zeppelin will already be fully outfitted with nothing but LED lights???

Correct all LED

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

This is helpful information.
Led Zeppelin Pro machines begin production December 21, 2020 (Production dates may change) and are estimated to ship December 28th, 2020
Led Zeppelin Premium machines begin production January 29, 2021 (Production dates may change) and are estimated to ship February 5th, 2021.
If this is true we should see some LEs by the end of January.

It's true mine was produced last week and ships this week.

#2789 3 years ago

Man must of you idiot's are a Buzz Kill

#2838 3 years ago

Sweep the leg Jonny

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I agree.
I think it's ok to put out an game with incomplete code then see what people think and what ideas people have then update accordingly.
There's still plenty of fun to be had and more excitement when an update comes out.

Like Ghostbusters many years later?

Many years!
Lol

#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Or bksor or munsters. We can still hope tho, right?

Don't get me started on Munsters

My worst purchase ever!

Hate that game

#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Just curious, what do you hate about it (specifically).
I played it on location (premium) and thought it was decent, but also remember winning a free game and being disappointed that I had to play another game...
Couldn’t put my finger on what I didn’t like about it though.

Super easy to complete.
I enjoy machines with deep rules and challenging shots/modes.
Musters had neither.

Sounds were good but I wanted it gone after less than 100 plays.

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just traded a bksor with topper for munsters pro and buncha cash. Its not horrible, fairly shallow, but wife and others like it. It will move shortly. I did not like bksor, got old way too quick, and I love SR games, like LZ!

Truly nervous about LZ nothing worse than a NIB purchase gone wrong.
Should have mine by Wednesday
Fingers crossed

#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And pinchild, you cannot fairly compare gnr with lz pro, I see you have both listed in your collection. I think they missed on the pro lz, it will still shoot fast and fun but no lights or spinner. I want to put some time on a gnr if one shows up around here. Someday

Both listed but don't have either yet.

I'm just waiting on shipping

#3019 3 years ago

Well my son says where's the rest of the stuff on the playfield. My wife said she liked diner better and we're selling it. I'm still debating I've only put on about 12 games.

It's not looking good right now it plays super fast but like my son stated it is quite barren.

I am not saying it's another monsters the songs are good the sounds are good but I at this point do not think it's a keeper.

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This is my concern also. Great to play on route but does it have legs to stay in a collection for even six months? It’s just so barren for a modern day pinball.
I really wanted to love this pin even before I saw it, but I was worried if Stern would be able to pull it off art wise or playing. I am sure it will play fun, but for how long?
GnR art wise JJP hit it out of the park. I was really considering getting one but not a big huge GnR fan other than Appettite and Illusions. The LE looks amazing but the heavy MB I don’t care for. But I want to play it at some point but doubt will buy because getting EHOH hopefully and Godzilla. EHOH is just a great game and deep.
I am a big LZ fan but with the barren playfield and just a spinner, rising spinner, and four ramps on the premium and good songs is just not enough to spend over $7500 for it NIB. Pro is cheaper but you lose the rising spinner, a ramp, and lights in an all ready sparse playfield.

Play Fun?

Well don't count on it!

Sorry to say it's not a keeper. IMO

I can't even see the drop targets do to backglass being so bright.

It's not a Turd it's just I have so many that are better that I'll be trading it for a different title.

I think if I went LE I'd be even more bent.
Just not WoWed

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You know you can dim the backglass lights? Most of mine are ar 30% for gameplay and 100% in attract. I bought an le, comes with invisiglass, which I've never had. I agree premium was probably way to go on this, but the pro will still be a fast fun shooter with excellent music.

I did not know I could Dim the backglass under what setting do I look.

Thanks

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its a good feature, as soon as you're done playing they go to what ever level you set for attract. Don't give up on it yet, I think it takes a bit to get used to those long shots. Much harder than it looks. Good luck!

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Adjustments/Standard, then go backwards cause on some games it's way deep into the adjustments, like #103

Thanks you guys just felt alittle let down.
I'll get on it tomorrow with no family around to disturb my opinion.
It is always a bummer when they don't support a new title.

#3043 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Buy yourself a polk woofer , it will really wake it up. Best mod or add on there is in my opinion.

I'll borrow it from my Avatar

#3046 3 years ago

Brightness adjustment done down to 6%

Huge difference!

Many thanks again guys

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've played two different LZ pros now. This one was at BumperNets. The game was set-up a little poorly. Not enough pitch and leaning slightly to the right. The game had a nasty feed from the scoop, off the top of the left sling, to the right outlane. This one did NOT have the clunk sound from the kicker in the left scoop, so not sure what was going on there.
One observation on code. Bonus needs to be increased by a factor of ten! I had a decent ball time with a bonus of 180K. It would've felt more in line with how the game scores if that was 1.8M.

I leveled mine just right however the ball will still sometimes hit the top sling if you're nudging

#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone hear anything about LE's going out? My order is for a premium which would come right after, and man I am HYPED for this game! Can't wait!

I was wrong Pro is fast and fun!
I'm sure you'll really like your upgraded model.

#3115 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Pins in the 70's didn't have ramps. No 70's playfield has a layout like this at all. The songs are from the 70's, that's about it.

He's 100% correct about a feel from the 70s granted games didn't have ramps back them but the shots and the nudging was a huge part of pinball back then.
This pinball is very much like older style EM machines.

That's why I'm really liking it.
Just plays so different than we are use to in a good way.IMO

#3117 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Is that the GNR CE?

LE says on box

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What game from the 70s do people feel this game is similar to? These comments are baffling to me. Haha

Back in the 70s machines where slow and it was always about nudging.
This is alot like that in a big way.

#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is this game slow? Looks nothing like that in the videos.

No the game is crazy fast but games in 70s were slow and required lots of nudging.

This is Wicked fast and requires lots of nudging.

#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Those who say the upper flipper shot is useless, it seems to be a pretty important shot in some modes. It may not be a satisfying shot on the Pro, but it certainly isn't useless.
Shooting the upper flipper shot will award:
● + time seconds to Icarus X timer
● 2X song scoring value (when song arrow is lit)
● And it awards one of the following (awards for current ball in play only):
○ Super Spinner (boosted spinner value for 100 spins)
○ Super Pops (boosted pop bumpers for 100 hits)
○ Super Slings (Slingshot values 5000 for up to 100 hits)
○ Super Ramps (2x Song awards on ramps) for up to 10 ramp shots
And This During Zeppelin MB:
Once all jackpots are made and super jackpot is lit at the left eject, and 2x super jackpot is lit at
the upper flipper shot. Completing ROCK, LED, and ZEP targets prior to collecting will multiply
the super jackpot up to 3x (6x if you collect on the upper flipper shot). Collecting either super
jackpot shot unlights the other one and starts you over at the beginning collecting jackpot shots.
And This During Tour MB 1977
● Switch Frenzy [US 1977]
○ All switches score points and add it to the jackpot
○ Jackpot always lit at left eject
○ Super jackpot equal to 3x jackpot is available at side target / ramp
○ Collecting jackpot or super jackpot increases switch values (increases more
with super jackpot) and resets jackpot value

I agree and find it a rewarding shot. Not easy to hit yet.
Plus after hit you must watch out for a very fast right lane drain.

#3186 3 years ago

This game is Bloody Fun!

Weeeeeeeeeee

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I don't understand why someone can't / won't just take the glass off and find out. And let us all know.

Find out what?

#3206 3 years ago

Playing now this pinball is so much fun!!!

#3230 3 years ago

Playfield is awesome but really could have put alot more light as there is tons of room.

Great game though no joke.

#3241 3 years ago

I added a Subwoofer as well as a Shaker motor today.

Sub gooood.

Shaker almost pointless! Really hope in newer codes it gets utilized. Otherwise a total waste of money.

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It will. Some sterns had no shaker code at all on release. You go with a polk or klipsch or???

An old JBL

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Played my buddies pro. It was good but the 3rd flipper really killed the flow. We both agreed What a huge miss on that not being an inner orbit or a ramp like prem/le. Just too bad because the rest was fun shots.
I am getting an LE hoping I love it. We have to sell something after we play it so I’ll be curious what is put on the chopping block

Ditch Shadow everything else you have looks more entertaining

#3279 3 years ago

The extre lights on the side for pros have started shipping!
Should have mine in week.

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's crazy talk. RfM, GotG Pro, and The Beatles are all obviously lesser pins than The Shadow. Easy choices to go. The Shadow is a top 5 of the 13 he has.

I'm not a Shadow hater I just got rid on my second.
It's a fun machine but was played only now and then.

Believe me if I had more room and alot more $ I'd never get rid of anything.

#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was more a commentary on the fact that of that other pinsider's 13 pins there were at least 6 or 7 clearly inferior pins to The Shadow that he would/should get rid of first, and the three I called out where no-brainer choices because they were the weakest in his collection.

Yes I agree you're correct.

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Could be Canadian
[quoted image]

I wasn't sure of retail price but that looks accurate.

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep that’s right. Glad you can get it for the pro, but at that price, might as well grab a premium.

I can't because I went GNR it's ok the Pro is a blast!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Portland, OR
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Tigard, OR
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchild.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.