E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

Color scheme on the teaser looks a bit like the Mothership artwork. Probably a pipe dream but a Shepard Fairey cab/playfield would be rad.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Oh no, Foo Fighters pin could be epic, especially if they get Dave to do call outs.

Day 1 purchase in this house.

#201 3 years ago

Haven't seen anyone mention Livin' Lovin' Maid - would be an absolute jam for a pin.

Listened to LZ today while cleaning the garage to get ready to house the pins (had them upstairs but I've gotten into the hobby and want to be able to swap in and out without stairs). My wishlist, since we're doing them:

Immigrant Song
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Heartbreaker/Livin' Lovin' Maid
Communication Breakdown
Houses of the Holy
Song Remains the Same
Trampled Under Foot
Misty Mountain Hop
Good Times Bad Times
Rock and Roll

There's definitely a few more I'd enjoy and a few I could do without (think a couple are just too slow). I'm definitely pending layout reveal as well, but very intrigued by this title and how it'll be integrated as a theme. I'm renting Maiden right now, for example, and love how the modes play and the visuals align with the songs. But without an Eddie, I'm definitely curious to see what direction they go for story on this one.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jimmy Page hates that song, apparently.

Damn. One of my favorites, will have to dig into this a bit more and find the story.

Celebration Day art ftw

#288 3 years ago

I'd be more than happy with a Maiden structure for this, where you choose a song to jam to and then get into other songs via modes and multiballs. There's 12 there and that's gotta be the baseline.

If the layout seems like ST or SM it's gonna be hard for me to resist. I do hope the Pro isn't missing major components like AIQ though.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

It's not going to be streamed on twitch, He said they were going to stream it on Stern's facebook page

Honestly this is likely a better sales move. Stern Facebook has almost 550K followers.

I hope they've learned from the AIQ reveal and make sure to just have it be Jack +1 with quality sound and some decent explanations/direction. I thought this came off pretty badly for the big AIQ reveal but was MUCH better on the Marvel co-stream for the Pro version.

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The past couple releases have had the distro meeting like right before the release to prevent leaks.

So if this lines up with 5 AM PT dealer call tomorrow, we'll be having a video teaser by 8 AM or so. Golden.

#540 3 years ago

Definitely needed a screenshot here :/

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Probably mothership or celebration day

Seconded, would be stoked for this.

#604 3 years ago

Definitely intrigued from the jump here. Fun toys, light rails, third flipper, solid art. Ready for tracklist.

#630 3 years ago

I'm good with 9 out of 10 of those tracks - thanks for posting!

#642 3 years ago

That right ramp almost looks like it rebounds off the back of itself or something? Maybe it's the photo angle but certainly looks a little different. Anyone else tell what's up there?

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where does that middle ramp lead to? Does the raise up lock take ball into subway? I’m not seeing a vuk.

Looks like it's a quick u-turn and into the habitrail that leads down the left side of the playfield...?

#664 3 years ago

Looks like the song title lights up on the back of the playfield, too.

#677 3 years ago

Wonder if we get any of that concert footage or if that's only for the teaser.

#689 3 years ago

So the obvious pro vs premium differences to the naked eye so far:

Cab art
Art blades with embedded lighting
Spinner mech that raises and lowers (with magnet)
Third flipper mini loop w/wireform that connects to right side wireform

Curious to see if there is anything else major, but they may have me with the lights dammit. I do wish the pro cab was on premium but there's a lot of opinions about that lol.

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Looks like the Premium has a half loop ramp for the 3rd flipper shot. If you pause the Pro video, you can see the 3rd flipper shot just goes to a standup target
[quoted image]

Great catch! Honestly did not realize that little wireform wasn't on pro. Kinda seals premium for me personally.

#747 3 years ago

So premium video says all 3 flippers can hit that center ramp, but looks like a pretty wild angle to get there from upper flipper...Hope it's reachable because I love some solid upper flipper play.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Song Progression
Your progress through songs is something unique and something never done in a music game. Each song is divided into “sections” (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc.) and each of those sections have their own rules to show which shots are available. If you “finish” a song, it will automatically transition to the next song.
This sounds pretty cool.

Yeah this is going to be rad - really can aim for some personal achievements by actually getting through each song. Little bit of a Guitar Hero/Rock Band vibe.

With this, and the lights on the side, methinks Stern had some insight into what JJP was doing with GNR. Competition is a good thing.

#1003 3 years ago

I dunno, put me in the camp of still being pretty into it. I wanna see a stream to get a better sense of gameplay/callouts, but I think this one looks fun. I am also newer to the hobby so less exposure to recycled layouts, and I like ramps and flow. Integrated lights look cool, extra multiball/magnet spinner, extra loop ramp on Premium seem appealing to me as far as add-ons. Could there be more songs? Sure. But I skip a couple on Maiden usually anyway, and no way do I need all 21 that are on GnR.

As far as the cab art, I agree it could be more cohesive with the playfield and that's kind of a whiff. But that big ass Zeppelin in black and white is pretty iconic and will stand out well in a garage setup (or just be sandwiched between other pins). I guess it'll be easier to get one if I decide gameplay looks good, so trending upward for me personally.

#1031 3 years ago

Something that I haven't seen brought up yet:

"Exclusive Brendon Small character speech"

Sounds like he's a comedian/musician known for Dethklok. Could be interesting.

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Watch the accessories video, I think your wrong. Song selection appears on the lcd as a juke box flipping through the songs with respective album art. Looks good IMO.

I think the article is showing that, IF you finish the song you selected to start or triggered for a mode, then it goes to the next one in sequence. But yeah, you can select song at the start.

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Edited the TWIP article for clarity:
Each song is divided into “sections” (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc.) and each of those sections have their own rules to show which shots are available. If you “finish” a song, it will automatically transition to the next song.
You choose which song you want on each ball, then it plays the songs in the order of the list on the back panel.
Each song has a threshold of completing it, up to “Platinum”. Completing a song at the Platinum threshold is approximately twice as difficult as completing the game at the easiest threshold.

Hmmm, will have to see vids for how this plays out. I like how you pick a song on Maiden as your general jam track then qualify and start other songs as the modes, and LZ kinda sounds like if you pick a certain song you're locked into a certain play progression. I suppose you switch it up when you drain and can choose which song to start with for easier achievements etc.?

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Too many posts.. there's a stream tonight of game play?

Friday 6 PM CT on Stern FB page

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My .02
- It looks to me like Richie's best layout since Star Trek. 4 ramps, 7 main ball paths...8 if you count the mech that raises up. All the shots look fairly wide...so it should be a combo monster, and of course flow well.
It's kind of the Elwin approach, but with wider shots....lots of ramps, 3rd flipper, light on mechanical features, etc...
- The art's not good. I like the premium best. Glad it's got art blades and the lights on the side.
- Wish it had more songs
- A few more mechanical features would have been nice
Overall, it should be a fun game, and likely my favorite of Richie's since ST.

Kinda where I am coming from with this one: ST is super fun, but the theme does nothing for me. If I can have a similar shot experience (although 3rd flipper shots do look pretty tight) while jamming to Zeppelin instead of phaser sounds and clips from a movie I don't terribly care for? Yeah, count me in.

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Center Ramp Clear When Magic Mech is Up?
What shots are clear/visible and which are blocked when the rising Magic mech is up? It looks like there's a narrow lane to the center ramp when the mech is up. And what does the ball strike behind it if you rip the spinner? Is there a chance a rip from the right flipper will strike the Icarus Leaper mech? Could a rip from the left flipper sneak all the way past into the pops, maybe even threading the pops?

I believe the Premium features vid shows a through-spinner to Icarus shot.

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Are they streaming the Pro or Premium on Friday?

Jack Danger said on his stream last night he thinks it's LE.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I do agree on the repetition. We will never know how much a pain in the ass LZ was, Gomez will never say, but they could have added other things in playfied (gold/ platinum records, drums, guitars). That said, I will custom spinner stickers and pop bumper caps to break it up a bit. Not an excuse but it will help.

Bonham gong sticker for the Electric Magic spinner.

#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah good points on the wizard modes. They have to have some music there. Interested to see what that is.

Aren't the wizard modes in Maiden also songs you could already be playing if you chose them at the start?

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So the Multiballs are all tour modes so I’m guessing same music integrated with footage and tour posters from the respective tours.
Example electric magic shows were like a circus atmosphere with some cool posters, I’m guessing we get some of that for electric magic multiball.

Yeah this is what has me a little skeptical on code. Granted Maiden is my only recent music pin experience, but I like starting a song but then having different tracks come in via modes - breaks up the repetition. But on that interview Tim said you're always in song mode, which makes me wonder if you pick Rock n Roll, for example, then start Zeppelin Multiball, is it still just Rock n Roll? That might feel a bit flat but we shall see.

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Similar to how your always in GNR song with multiballs?

But you qualify those songs after some intro play where there are random backing tracks right? I'm actually not a huge fan of that either (would prefer proper songs) but it's not the same song for the whole ball afaik.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m mostly looking forward to seeing the center ramp shot made from the upper flipper. There’s a rubber wall right next to the center ramp above the side ramp/standup target. I guess it’s supposed to be like the snikt bank shot into a ramp.

The upper flipper play is the main thing I am holding out on. How easy will the hot shot ramp be? Is the center ramp generally achievable? It feels a bit limited in scope on first glance but if center ramp is legit I think it'll be a winner for flow. Left orbit > third flipper > center ramp $

#1758 3 years ago

It's gonna be fun to flip to Trampled Under Foot. Just sayin'.

#1900 3 years ago

Maybe I haven't been in this hobby long enough yet to be discerning enough, but I look at it this way: we know the music is good. If the pin is fun to shoot and has good rules, that's 3 out of 4 in my book.

I don't have huge problems with the PF art, but the cabs for sure could be better. However, if I am blasting Zeppelin in my garage and a neighbor walks by and sees me playing a giant version of their iconic first album? They're gonna take notice and hopefully come see what it's about. It's 100% light years different from the badass ZY art on GB and Deadpool, but I think the stark difference in this case might work out ok.

#1935 3 years ago

So I listened to the Stern Insider episode this morning, and there were a couple interesting takeaways:

- Ritchie said in May (!) he scrapped a lot of the design.
- Definitely sounds like a low-key confirmation from the art designer that licensing limitations were restrictive.
- A couple of hardcore Zep fans on the team.

That last point I think is something to keep in mind. As much as there might not be love for this machine on here, it's clear the designers were invested in the product. Maybe there were covid limitations that limited collaborative feedback, but Ritchie said he'd wanted this license since the 70s. The "phoned it in" criticism seems unfair.

That said, I still have a couple reservations about the code - I am so used to having full songs broken up by other song modes that I wonder if being in the same song for the whole ball is gonna be tiresome. At the same time, I used to love Guitar Hero and that's played as songs in their entirety. Also I will very likely drain before the end of most Zep songs anyway lol

Still, I kinda hope that if you end up in the left eject, for example, you are presented with an option to switch tracks mid-ball. Anyone know the best way to ping Sexton and ask him to work that in?

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It is?
What in this game, says the designers put their heart and souls into this project?

I didn't say they put their heart and souls into it - this isn't GnR + Slash. But I just can't see myself saying they phoned it in figuratively. Literally? Quite possible, and I think that is maybe why it feels off with so much of this game being done during covid. Harder to bring a cohesive package together when everyone is working from home and I am sure everyone has their opinion about if they should have held off longer on the release. But if it is fun to play I think it will still be a success, art be damned.

#1996 3 years ago

Did the stream get killed?

#2053 3 years ago

Holy fast, Batman.

Has anyone seen the center ramp get hit from the upper flipper? Haven't been able to watch the whole time.

#2063 3 years ago

Thru the Electric Magic to the center ramp looks pretty tasty. Definitely a fun looking game, but still might like a little more variety in the songs throughout a ball (as in, ability to change mid-ball). At the same time, I am not gonna have ball times as long as these dudes so maybe it's a moot point.

#2067 3 years ago

This seems like the party pin for people who prefer Zeppelin over GnR. Playfield does seem a bit bare but I think that might make it more accessible for new people picking it up.

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Three Key Shots, Observed or *Not* Observed in the Stream:
1. Center Ramp from upper flipper?
2. Sweep of Z-E-P drops from upper flipper?
3. Right flipper shot, through Electric Magic spinner, up and around Center Ramp?

I did see #3 but don't recall which flipper it was from. Sweet shot.

#2135 3 years ago

I asked Tim Sexton on Twitter if there were plans to be able to opt out of a song midway through a ball, perhaps by giving the option when you hit the left eject after a chorus or something. He says the team was talking about it and has a plan for it.

I think I like that option - makes it a bit closer to cashing out a jackpot on GnR and can break up the song monotony a little more, or you can just jam till the track ends. Hope it gets worked into the mix.

#2155 3 years ago

Looks like the VOD of today's stream is on the Stern Insider page - only need a free basic account.

#2158 3 years ago

Shots look rad (even if I think the "center ramp accessible from all flippers" is...not accurate) and the light show is killer. I do wonder if there is currently enough variety of objectives (for example, I like how the modes in Maiden make me combo or go ramp/spinner, etc. but I couldn't tell if that was the case on Zep) but I think that can evolve with code. Honestly my only gripes on the stream are that the sling and spinner sounds are almost *too* modern - they just don't fit the rest of the vibe. Also the British lady from Maiden for callouts would've been more fun, but that's a minor quibble.

Still, this looks like a party, the kind of thing I could have a lot of fun with post-covid when we have friends over. Not sure I am bold enough to go NIB without playing yet but I can probably convince myself for the sake of the soundtrack.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Poor theme integration? I'm just not seeing it.
Tilt animation: A record spinning on the floor for the warning. It slows and falls over = Tilt
Match sequence: The iconic Physical Graffiti album cover shows the match numbers in the doors, then the album rolls out of the sleeve to reveal the match.
Gold records and platinum records awarded during songs that become the end of ball bonus.
Concert clips that have been "acidified", LOL
Lots of usage of the Led Zep font style
Free game animation looked like a door opening up to a backstage entrance.
The LCD surround is like a stage with speakers on the sides and lighting rigs overhead.
The two mini-wizard modes are called Top of the Charts and World Tour
The wizard mode name is unknown but the insert is a Zeppelin with a ?
These are all things that scream Led Zep. They were a band that toured and made awesome music. Not a movie, not a comic book, not a TV show.
The only negative I can see is the overuse of the Zeppelin but that doesn't really bother me too much.

Yeah, I was quite pleased with the LCD work - a lot more Zep assets there so there must have been distictions in the license on when and where certain pieces could be used. But the animations imo are light years ahead of where AIQ was at release and capture the spirit of what most people think of LZ.

#2252 3 years ago

My suspicion is keeping it behind the Insider wall helps keep it from being muted for copyright issues.

It takes an email and no money to sign up. Not too difficult but I do work in marketing.

#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maiden and Beatles are pretty protective of their license. Just sayin...

I can't watch the Maiden trailer on Stern's YouTube anymore.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know the time stamp for shots going through the spinner and up the ramp, someone said it was done on the stream but I’ve not been able to find it yet.
And is the center ramp makeable from the 3rd flipper like stern advertise or is it more of a rebound shot like the left ramp on Star Trek from the 3rd flipper?

It's right around 1:08:20 - looks like it's a quick ricochet off the inside right of the Electric Magic then up through the ramp. Still have not seen upper flipper to center ramp.

Edit: There's a third flipper to center ramp reject around 1:12:40.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.