E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

LEs are already hard to find. If you want one I suggest rapid fire phone calls.

How do the distros know their LE allotment? I don’t think Stern has had the call yet with distros.

#160 3 years ago

While I appreciate the mnpinball excitement, he was also very excited for BKSOR and Munsters. I’d argue those are the worst recent by Stern.

Hope the game is great however.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For anyone that doesn’t know Zepp all that well, here’s a playlist of songs I came up with from listening all day. I think these would work well with the game:
Houses of the Holy
Dyer maker
Ramble on
Black dog
Good times bad times
Fool in the rain
Misty mountain top
Dazed and confused
Whole lotta love
Trampled under foot
Dancing days
What is and what should never be
The Ocean
Friends (could be a cool eery mode)
Nobody’s fault but mine
The song remains the same.
Rock and roll
Heartbreaker
Traveling riverside blues
Immigrant song
When the levee breaks
Over the hills and far away.
Communication Breakdown
Hey hey what can I do
Going to California (game over music)
Kashmir
Bring it on home

Don’t think the game will have 27 songs. Maybe 12?

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Funny.
If you don’t know the history of the Led Zeppelin game you’re running on your Virtual Pinball, it started life as a real pin I built, and then a guy in California turned it into a VP game.
It’s creation was documented here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-led-zeppelin-retheme
It plays music too. No LCD though!
rd

Okay RD! You must be getting this one???

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Back in 1980 a friend of mine and I camped out outside a Ticketmaster location to get tickets to Led Zeppelin in Philadelphia. We got really good seats and were as happy as 12th graders could possibly be. Unfortunately John Bonham died three weeks before the concert. We both went from being on the top of the world to suffering a crushing blow that still stings to this day.
The idea of a Led Zeppelin LE pinball machine coming to my house in a month or two is more than a little exciting. I'm about to pour a massive margarita and pop in the Song Remains the Same Blu-ray to celebrate.

Awesome that you are finally getting your dream theme. Nothing better.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope. Not at this stage.
I would never buy a pin just for whatever theme is on it.
If the pin works out in time to be a great pin, then I’ll consider buying it down the track.
These things are too f**king expensive these days just to purchase because it has some licence assets on it.
If I want to listen to LZ, I already have all their albums in my record collection.
rd

You have 120 pinball machines. I bet 2 or 3 wouldn’t be missed. Keep your System 11 collection intact however.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I hear you RD. Game play is everything. My wife gave me the green light on LZ since it's her favorite band ever, but she and I agree only if the game is good. I will have to play it first and decide then.
I have seen a lot of posts saying Stern needs to knock this one out of the park. Can we keep our expectations grounded in reality? I'm hoping for something more like Avengers and less like Munsters.

Chris, what does knock it out of the park mean? Ritchie has a certain type of layout (love how his games shoot BTW) and I don’t see how they get the band involvement that GNR had. So it comes down to Mr Tim Sexton. Can he create an awesome rule set to compliment the layout? That’s the wild card IMO here.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If the game has 15 plus tracks that would be ideal. Please surprise us Stern with lots of songs!!

I think the only scenario they you get 15+ songs is that if the song chosen and the gameplay are not related, somewhat similar to Metallica and Iron Maiden. If the songs are game modes, I'd think it would be less. Where are the weekend leaks?

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I definitely don’t want that. I want the songs to be modes.

Well, with SRs only other music pin they are modes....

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can’t believe nothing has leaked over the weekend, something always leaks out.
No Pics, no idea on artist, no rumors on game features.
Keeping it pretty tight lipped.

Yep. Need Franchi back. He was always nice and leaky.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Do you guys think this outsells GnR just due to the fact that Stern will out-Produce JJP?

Not necessarily. Stern releases 4+ games per year. JJP typically does one. If JJP only makes GNR until expo 2021 they will have a lot out there.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

A toy = something that interacts with the ball. Moving lights and a Hat lamp don't qualify in my book

Does a physical guitar lock, spinning record, or bass ramp 3 way diverting wireform interact with the ball?

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No, Yes, and No. I forgot the record but a wireform is not a toy and neither is ramp. They are ball locks and ramps. Quite different.

I have an open mind and like SR, but bashing GNR, comparing it to a LZ to game that no one has seen isn’t a great idea.

GNR is absolutely epic.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Dude, chill out. Just stating a fact and teasing GnR. You think there wont be GnR vs LZ threads.

Already is: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses

#385 3 years ago

Dirty Donnie is done @ Stern. He burned the bridge. Thought Franchi had also.

#444 3 years ago

500 LEs max.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

For those who already ordered site unseen hope you like it. I still don’t understand paying that much and no clue if it will look good let alone play good. I am a huge fan but no way in hell would I call a distributor and put myself down for a pin that is reaching near $10k and zero clues other than it’s a Led Zeppelin pin.

If you love the theme and designer, and want to have the most fully featured model as soon as possible, you need to act early. Maybe you are a wait and see type person vs instant gratification.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Bad that I was really hoping to have my LE right after Christmas in time for New Year’s Eve. At least I know now. Another month isn’t gonna kill me.

I bet we see Pro models very quickly. Before Christmas. But LE likely not until January.

#531 3 years ago

That’s usually the case. But a handful of pro models arrive in the US first typically. Like 100 or so.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

And Addams Family

It’s on quite a few games. Doesn’t mean it’s a satisfying shot.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Zeppelin for the win! GnR sucks

Here we go, lol. That being said, I’d put JJP GNR up against any pinball machine and feel pretty good about it’s chances.

LZ looks like a great shooter. Need more info on the rules. Tim needs to knock it out with this.

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One strong plus is they have the full songs in the game so you can change up the songs in PB and should work out well. Problem is the songs they picked are great. Not sure I would change any. I just want to add more.

I don’t think it’s that easy. Tim mentioned you pick the song before you plunge, so it must also be represented on the LCD.

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I put this image in my latest video, but this goes to show you how much powder coating can really change the look of a game...
[quoted image]

Yep good point. You did change the t-molding also but not a hard thing to do for *most.

#1354 3 years ago

Yeah chuckwurt the more I think about it the more impossible it is to change the songs. The songs are divided up in sections and the rules for the song mode change based on the part of the song.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Well... you sure have in the GnR thread.

Trolls gotta troll.

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Trolling this thread??? My comments were strictly left to the subject matter of the GNR thread, not versus another companies offering. Get real (Nice you care enough to look up, lol. Thanks)!

You two need to establish an Australian pinball fight club and just go toe to toe.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No drama. I just value the accuracy of the history in pinball. Would be nice to see Stern employees give credit where it is due. Rubbed me the wrong way to hear Tim make is sound like Dwight was the original person.
We see a very nice level of accountability and accolades between JJP and Spooky. That is enjoyable.

Sega / Stern has co-op scoring well before Scott. 2 players on each team and it combined the scores.

#1581 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not really co-op. No progress is shared between players. Just makes it more convenient than doing some simple math

I understand your point. But to proclaim that Scott is the first to ever conceive of co-op / team is just wrong.

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Name a game where you share progress among players before TNA

Shared progress is a first. It’s an extension of combined scoring. Progress. At some point it’s just semantics. I love Scott’s contribution. Big fan of TNA. I’d argue that Dwight took what Scott did and added some cowbell to it.

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Yeah I Agree. If I played 10 songs to get to mini and final wizard modes then what music am i listening to during those stages ... not the last 10 over again i hope.

A montage of the 10?

#1816 3 years ago

Tim has a lot to prove for me. I wasn’t impressed with the rules on BKSOR. Listening to the Jeff T interview didn’t give me any confidence he will knock this one out of the park.

I hope he kills it and the game is awesome but I need to see past work to instill confidence.

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh I am still in the earth I have to go to north and I see the earth and the sun is out there for a while to see the sun is coming back together so we will be in the north and I have to get my car out there and then maybe I can have some time with the earth for eve or so maybe we should have some time for you and your dad and I are going on the same page for eve and you want me to do that and I will be able you could do you a little while I am still in north and I will have you in my office for eve and I will have to get my stuff back from here on Monday I am going down north and I will have to get them up on my bike I don’t have any time to get there and I’ll be there in the time so maybe I’ll be back together in a couple minutes if we have any other time we will have to get them up on our house

Worried about you Wacky. Hope all is well bro.

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s actually my ONLY complaint about RNM.....no voices from Gerry, Beth or Summer. I know the game has heaps of assets now, but there’s moments when you’re waiting for those voices, and they’re not there. If they can get voice actors for Scary Terry, surely they can do it for Gerry, Beth or Summer?!?!?

Scary Terry is a sound alike they got approval to use.

#1946 3 years ago

Facebook has dedicated gaming channels for streaming called Facebook Gaming. Are we sure this isn’t going to be there?

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Went to see this game officially play and after reading these forums beforehand (as I’m late), I was happy to see such positive comments. Then I saw CrazyLevi’s over the top praise for it and thought, shit is this just the stern army defending this dud? Hopefully not
After watching the stream for 20 min, I can confirm. Stern army is in full effect.
What a borefest. Nothing interesting. Spinner sound is also really annoying. I heard Tim defending the terrible art which I thought was hilarious.
Game is almost as boring as Munsters when I saw it. Well stern has been killing it recently (JP, Avengers and yes TMNT) - can’t all be winners.

Tim and Levi are BFFs. You will
Never see him criticize his games.

#2176 3 years ago

For those watching the VOD of the stream, the audio dramatically improves around 44 minutes in.

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

No way to watch the VOD antwhere? Damn missed out on the stream yesterday due to the time difference...
Really bummed out that it's not available anymore
If anybody has it available to see anywhere, PM me please
Can't buy it since COVID killed our locations for the time being but still would like to get hyped about it!

Stern's website. Click Insider. Free account gets you in.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I just tried to watch the stream... someone at Stern is just blabbing endlessly about rules. It’s annoying, slightly amusing (maybe)... but, good lord, it just sucks the fun right out of the room.
If someone stood next to me blabbing about the minutia of rules, I think I’d end up driving my head through the playfield glass

Agreed. Talk a little about the rules in the beginning but let them just play after. It got much better about 45 minutes in, when they thought the stream was shut down.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

So here is the breakdown.
Facebook nukes copyrighted content live, and pre-recorded. (Need an appeal after the fact to hope to make it viewable)
Twitch you can play copyrighted content in the moment (for now), but cannot keep the vid on their platform.
YouTube is a coin flip if your content is just gonna be demonetized or blocked, but you can appeal to hope to make it viewable.
As I mentioned earlier, Facebook was the platform of choice from governing parties. LZ was aware of the broadcast and had say in how it went down.
We’re getting one to the studio so we can give it the clear audio, fingers crossed, don’t go to jail or lose my channel, DeadFlip treatment.

If the license holder approves of having a demonetized video on YouTube, why wouldn't YouTube allow it?

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

The automated bot don’t care who you are. If they hear something, it gets flagged.

So there is no process to get with the platform before the stream and have it whitelisted?

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

American pinball playfields are the only ones I haven’t seen any reported issues.

How many American pinball games have been sold? How many of those have a ton of plays?

I’d suggest that the sample size is far too small.

All games can have issues. No playfield is perfect. It’s a natural product with variations.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've seen Houdinis that have been on route for years and aside from the normal wear around the scoop they have all been perfect. Granted the sample size is smaller than Stern just based on shear number of games but they also now use Bader for pfs and I don't know of any other company currently using them. Of course any manufacturer of any product can get a bad result every now and then but if it is caught in QA or remedied properly (replaced) after the fact it's all good.

Yeah not saying they have widespread issues for sure. Spooky also uses Bader and so the Rick and Morty playfields have been excellent overall.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Across all three games probably 2-3k
I guess a better comment would be I’ve never see a Bader playfield with issues.

Spooky had issues with some TNA playfields.

As far as I know they did resolve it. But it did happen. NeilMcRae

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

As it should be it's a bloody music pin. I can't believe how little the music plays on G&R

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You can't figure it out Kermit24 the reason ball three gives you three band members is people have a hard time starting a song and hear the music

I’ve had quite a few people of various skill levels over for the last two months playing this game. None of them have a hard time starting a song on ball 1.

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

This is helpful information.
Led Zeppelin Pro machines begin production December 21, 2020 (Production dates may change) and are estimated to ship December 28th, 2020
Led Zeppelin Premium machines begin production January 29, 2021 (Production dates may change) and are estimated to ship February 5th, 2021.
If this is true we should see some LEs by the end of January.

Are these statements specific to orders from the LZ website? Seems like it, and perhaps those orders go out first. Regardless it gives you a good idea of timelines.

#2826 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

"With COVID, it made it a little difficult to throw it together in the end." - Steve Richie speaking about Led Zeppelin on the Marco Pinball stream.

COVID makes everything more difficult. Doesn’t sound like a great insight.

#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A little follow up. I was able to get 3 or 4 games in on the pro today. Game shoots great! To settle the Great Pinside Debate, the center ramp can be hit from the upper flipper, but not really on purpose. It just happens, but not often. Thoughts:
Backhand to the left ramp is the easiest shot in the game.
Center ramp is repeatable from the left flipper.
Right ramp can be backhanded from a trap on the right, but it is a difficult shot.
I had trouble finding the forehand shot to the right ramp and right orbit.
Left kick out; Many were saying it was a difficult shot but I had no problem hitting it.
About that left kick out. It had a loud clunk. Loud enough that we thought it wise to open up the game and inspect the mech. There was nothing wrong with it. The sound is similar to Maidens upper right flipper clunk. I can only think the noise is due to the solenoid being about 1/2 inch from the side of the cabinet.
We will be removing the post rubbers on the inlanes for the tournament tomorrow. The game can have some longish ball times.
Overall, very pleased with the game and glad I'm in on the premium and not the pro.
[quoted image]

So Mike got a Pro?

#2942 3 years ago

I understand what they were going for, but I’m not a fan of continuous songs even after you drain. It’s part of the normal cadence of sound during a game for the sound to break for a bit. Also the tour multiballs seem very underwhelming. Maybe LOTR_breath is right and the code is just bare bones. For me the biggest question mark (Tim’s code) going into this release remains the biggest today.

It seems they have been working on the game for a while, so if the code is still very basic that would be disappointing.

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I love that the song keeps going. You can hear the whole song that way instead of the beginning of the song over and over (ACDC).

I don’t mind the song continuing. But the way Iron Maiden does it is better IMO. The song stops for a moment when the bonus is being countdown and comes back when the ball is in the shooter lane. Also the song remains during Tour Multiball so it makes it seem like a minor achievement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.