E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from pchdetc:

Sold out before announced ?? How does that happen ?? Lower than normal numbers produced on the LE like the SLE version of Batman type of numbers? Or the GNR CE meltdown that distributors faced on ordering more than they thought would be available rant. Im waitng on my GNR LE to be produced was in on the LE vs CE just didnt see the extra $$$ coming out of my pocket when I can put that towards another pin.. maybe a LZ Premium would look nice next to my GNR LE some day

I assume they are all just deposits that can be fully refunded on cancellation if game isn't up to expectations. Some of these LE's sell out fast so nobody wants to miss out (FOMO). Once that starts, flippers join in looking to profit. Stern should consider having a none refundable deposit on LE's but hard to mess with success if they sell out.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It is my understanding (at least with my distributor) that deposits are non-refundable especially after the details of the game are announced. This was done in response to people that were abusing the process by being in on every LE (sometimes multiple games and multiple distributors) - flipping the more desirable ones for a profit and just pulling out of the others and sticking the distributor with the stock to sell.

Good to hear that. Crazy how fast these LE's sell for considering the markup.

#876 3 years ago

I like it. Three flipper SR layout has to be good. Art is a bit hit and miss but overall good. LE is absolutely glorious lol.

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was going to say pro looked great until I saw that missing ramp.

Same here. I don't mind dead end shots like that. Plenty of games have it like TAF. Problem is it looks like that is the only shot you really have with upper flipper besides hitting targets. Maybe you can hit the center ramp. Regardless, there is upper loop which sucks. Still a plus having an upper flipper, though. Overall, game looks like a fun layout.

#1641 3 years ago

Art is always subjective. I don't care for Aerosmith one bit. It's just too busy and don't care for the cartoony look. LZ is not a 10 out of 10 for artwork obviously but it's not a zero either. Stern has done far worse. No doubt Stern was limited so no use bashing them to death over it. Nobody here, including the so called experts, know what Stern went through to get this pin out the door.

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I don’t recall anyone including myself saying art is everything. There is good art, OK art and poor art and most people can tell the difference.
What 90% or 95% of us are saying (each in our own ways) is that the art for LZ is poor. Some say it could be better, some say bad and some say shit. All the same way of saying it’s not good.

Few if any pins get it all right when it comes to art, layout, and rules. For me, gameplay is most important. Who cares how good a pin looks if it plays terrible or even just boring to play? I've bought three Stern pins - MET, ST, and JP. MET has the best artwork but I wouldn't say I love the art or theme on any of them. All are really fun to play, though, so that's why I bought them.

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If everybody thinks a game is boring nobody will buy it.
If it´s really fun and you want to buy it for your home, why wouldn´t you care how it looks?
Hence, the better it shoots the more important looks get.
You cant honestly say, you dont care one bit what your furniture looks like aslong as they are comfortable?
Well, you can if you still live in your moms garage, but most people dont.

Furnituregument is a new one lol but yes, comfort in furniture is top priority. That's my point. Gameplay most important. I don't even care how a pin looks if it doesn't play well. If the pin is absolutely butt fugly then maybe that spoils it but LZ is not that bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.