E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#965 3 years ago

Here's my first thoughts from looking at the photos....

Just looks like yet another standard, late-career Ritchie design. Upper flipper cross playfield shot. 3 pops at the top. Long ramp shots. Speed speed speed! If this is your thing, more power to you. But how many of these similar designed Ritchie games do you actually need? I'd take a unique Elwin design anyday of the week.

The main feature is a pop-up spinner with a magnet. Different idea for sure. But what I see is two pop-up posts in the center of the playfield that are RIPE for brick shots. I hope that mech has a wide opening for smooth spinner rips.

And TWO U-turn ramps, which are usually placed closer to the player. In this design, the right one is a really long shot. If you don't hit that perfectly with some speed, it's getting rejected. And the left one from the upper RT flipper looks like a really tight shot. Guessing a very low success rate making that shot from the fast RT orbit feed.

Good code will help but that layout still won't change. I'll have to see it in action. Just seems uninspired for such a popular theme. Just like Ritchie's Star Wars. See the trend?

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure if anyone has taken the time to read through this but the coding sounds a bit different for a music pin.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/led-zeppelin-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

I read it, and one thing leaped right out at me.....

IT PLAYS THE SONGS IN THE ORDER OF THE LIST ON THE BACK PANEL

Woof! Hope everyone likes hearing "Good times Bad Times" about a MILLION times. Have they learned nothing from "Ok who brought the dog?" and the mistakes of linear mode play? Switch the song order up with some switch hits or allow player to select.

Repetitive play is stagnant play IMO.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Watch the accessories video, I think your wrong. Song selection appears on the lcd as a juke box flipping through the songs with respective album art. Looks good IMO.

Just quoting the Thisweekinpinball article....

"Your progress through songs is something unique and something never done in a music game. Each song is divided into “sections” (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc.) and each of those sections have their own rules to show which shots are available. If you “finish” a song, it will automatically transition to the next song. It plays the songs in the order of the list on the back panel.

Each song has a threshold of completing it, up to “Platinum”. Completing a song at the Platinum threshold is approximately twice as difficult as completing the game at the easiest threshold."

They would be insane to do linear play in a music themed pin. You may be able to change at the beginning, but it just steps through to next song during play.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can start game with whatever song you want but maybe since it’s all depicted as a jukebox on the screen if shuffles like a juke.
No idea, looking forward to a video to see progression and how these tour modes are worked in along with the wizards modes.

Yeah we'll have to see. My whole point for me personally, is that I prefer randomized play & player focused choices in rule design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=hoakypoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.