E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Think we get any Page or Plant callouts?

I really hope not.

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I know everyone loves GNR

I don't. Zeppelin is a much better theme, and if they do that same horseshit live footage nonsense I'm out. Please no live footage or music. Studio tracks and OG animations. Like Maiden. And for the win cancel Zeppelin altogether and change it to Black Sabbath.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern tends to get good licenses and then let them ride on that alone.

Crappola

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure about that, SW and BKSOR aren’t exactly inspiring pro layouts.

Maybe not but damn fun pins to play and I would take either over a GnR.

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Good for you, 90% of others wouldn’t.

Fuck them.

I think 90% is ridiculous anyway. I know for the JJP crowd and B/W lovers its too baron. Loaded slow and boring will always trump kinda empty and fast and furious gameplay for them. But that's OK we all get old there's no shame in that.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What’s your favorite game?

I'm a big fan of the SW comic art Pro, I haven't gotten a dream theme yet. Alien, if this re-issue happens will most likely become my favorite, played the Heighway version and it was magnificent . Theme is very important. Maiden is up there as is JP2. Its tough to pick a fav as they all have there own character.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I just can’t imagine putting a ton of money down on something and not know anything about it other than it’s going to be a Led Zeppelin pin

I can. Its a dream theme for many around here. If ur an LE guy u gotta have it. Pro's and Pre's we be available for a long time.

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Proven GnR is shit doesn’t make LZ one iota better!

Exactly. I didn't care for the gameplay on GnR but it could never be considered shit and what does that have to do with Zeppelin? Some people aren't gonna like the gameplay on that either. Man in a sea of foolish themes 2 giant rock bands have their own games. Lets just revel in that. Oh and then make a Sabbath pin, in the name of all that's holy please make a Sabbath pin.

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I hope they've learned from the AIQ reveal and make sure to just have it be Jack +1 with quality sound and some decent explanations/direction.

I agree and no ridiculous outfits.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Such a waste of a theme just like Star Wars. How in the heck do you get the most iconic rockband without their greatest song total epic fail.

SW is an amazing game.

This isn't very nice to look at and while I like some Zeppelin it was mostly a pass but u know u can't judge pinball by the first impression. Need to see gameplay, need to give it some time, need a Black Sabba whoops.....

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Flow is overrated when it comes at the sacrifice of toys / features

What a crock of shit that is. I'll take an open PF and speed/flow over loaded bore fest any day. But luckily we have Stern for one and JJP fpr the other.

#2131 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You would literally defend Stern if there was nothing but open air on the playfield. The ultimate flow! We are getting there at this rate.

This is all the JJP fanboys can ever come up with as a rebuttal. Its sad and weak, last week. Call them on their horseshit and ur part of the Stern Army. I buy what's fun to play and don't care who makes it.

#2187 1 year ago

Nope. I'll continue to use JJP Fanboys. What the hell is wrong with calling them fanboys?

Anyway where and when might we see the stream from yesterday without having to go on social media which I do not do and never will. I might go on anti-social media. U sign in and nothing happens. Sounds beautiful.

#2496 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I can’t wait for the pinball shows to start back up.I’m going to encourage my distributor friend to put these two side by side.

Good idea. It will be a great way to show how a fancy lightshow and better art/graphics can't save a bad playing pin and...............well u get the point. Zeppelin gameplay already kicks the shit out of GnR.

#2517 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Need that flow man, who cares about toys. It's all about speed, those toys just slow the game down! Wait a second, what the hell do I get then for $6k - $9k+? Orbits, ramps, and a rising spinner? Oops. Well damn no wonder nothing will ever break down, there's barely anything to break down lol.

And thank sweet baby Jesus for that. What do u get for 6 to 9K? you answered it. Speed, Flow and fun.
Man, u guys and by that I mean JJP enthusiasts are so into the BOM. I think that's the main reason for the slight obsession with that company. They appear to satisfy the cost by all the stuff on the PF and yet the fact is they just don't play as well as Sterns. Maybe they should concentrate more on gameplay and less on trying to impress everyone with flashy mechs and gimmicks and lights, like someone said above the pin with the worst art and toys especially in terms of appearance is the most fun of the JJP games, Dialed In.

#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Most modern Sterns are screaming lack of effort and feels totally soulless.

6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did you just say Dialed In has the worst art and toys?

Of the JJP games yeah. The ridiculous looking handyman and jeans girl then the preteen girl cell phone with bad sim game style animations, again for me yeah the worst but the most fun to play.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What I find ironic is you bash JJP constantly about their games being too loaded and "slow" and then I saw your post about wanting an Alien. Lol.

constantly? nope. Alien is pretty open until u hit the back of the game. Also its Alien, have ever seen tunnel mode in action? nothing in the JJP realm comes close.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not paying $6k - $9k+ for orbits and ramps, there needs to be more. Maybe Stern should try focusing on making their games worth those price tags and less on cutting costs and $1k toppers?

Again BOM crap and Stern doesn't have to focus on anything they are by far the biggest company on Earth making pins, think before u say foolish things sir.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thats the crap period are tired of considering the prices being asked.

What people? seems to me its always the same few and we know what kind of fanboys they are. Whoops, enthusiasts. How many Zeppelin LE's remain? do u honestly believe this pin won't sell because of bad art and again this horseshit notion of it not meeting the price asked vs toys and features. If ur theories held any water then JJP should be on top, no? R they? No. Did that go the way u thought it would. No

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any reason Stern can’t develop their own video streaming application or do it solely through their own site?

I missed the reason I guess but why can't it just be uploaded like it always is to youtube?

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

What’s up with all of the insults and personal attacks here?

Peace man.

That's what makes it fun, reading and doing it. Glad to see DFlip will have a stream up next week.

#2754 1 year ago

SW's is fucking great. This looks like a fun game to shoot. Its the collectors who have these "loaded" "PF under the glass" concerns and justifiably so but u have JJP, loaded, well lit and nice to look at with a big display, oh and boring.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nope sorry it’s about spending 6k on a game that literally is sterns next “the pin” with an LCD. If this thing sold for 3k I might agree with you.

That's has absolutely nothing to do with what I said but OK.
My point was I can see how a collector would be passing on this game.

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you could’ve had some credibility and then you call GnR boring?

Exactly why I did it. I don't want any credibility on this site.

Listen I played GnR and I did find it boring, she's a beauty to look at but damn.

Oh and please no "dude"

#2858 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh no don’t let Stern do BTTF we need Eric Menuir to do this after Pat knocks Toy Story out of the park!

Toy Story.

I'd prefer a Keith version, not a slow playing mess thank you very much.

#2868 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Better than releasing 3-4 zizzles a year.

Yeah no its not, but I know you guys have become experts in justifying the slow release and gameplay thing. I think thats why theres this perception that the games are superior yet rarely become massive hits and thus certain companies are far back in the #2 spot. But hey these things happen.

Oh yeah

#2877 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Look what happens with some of the grail properties that come out that don’t do justice to them?Run a poll about what company you would prefer to build a Back to the Future pin.

R u taking the pot? Man that first sentence is a tough read.
U should run that poll, I think u might be surprised kind sir.

#2879 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I could’ve phrased that differently but the fact is you know JJP will put more into the game.

I agree but that doesn't mean it would be a better game than if Stern or American or Spoo...................Well.
I hope JJP develops some speed, its getting better with the standard cabs. Not into Wonka as a theme but like the way it plays, same with GnR standard. Anyway it would be nice to see the game regardless of who makes it, I like the first 2 films but most likely I would never buy it for the house anyway. I don't think I could take "The Power of Love" for much longer than a few weeks before I open a vein.

#2881 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stairway was their defining song and the one that changed rock and roll.

What?

It was the most popular cause of its soft nature and tender lyrics. Never liked it and I always will. It 100% does not belong in pinball.

Good day to u sir........

I said good day.

#2889 1 year ago

Let’s say Stairway had been licensed and was listed on the flyer as optional. It was indeed included in the code, but it was locked behind a firewall. Then you find out Stern will sell you a dongle for $200 to unlock the song. Since you and your friend aren’t interested, you decide to pass and play the game for an eternity without it. Other Owners who are interested, decide to spend the money. So if there was no value to you you didn’t lose anything. Those who wanted it and were willing to pay, got it. So everybody is happy, right?

Yeah, that's sounds fine to me. If u love Zeppelin to the point u need that song in the pin (which is sad) then its almost certainly a keeper so go ahead and drop 200 bucks for ur completed pin. People spend money on all kinds of mods.

what percentage of LZ game Owners would buy the song? You make it seem as it would be close to zero.

No I'm stating that I don't really care about that song, never been a big deal to me and I don't give a shit that other people might be missing it.

That would indicate people feel strongly enough that it should be in the game.

Well u have been a Pinside member for 17yrs and probably into pinball for much longer, what else is new in this hobby? we rarely get everything we want. If they make a Sabbath pin I know my top picks aren't gonna be there but that's just the way it is.

I do understand ur disappointment, but my friend u should try dealing with this hobby from my point of view. Point is its just a pinball machine, get over it and be happy its been made at all.

#2914 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You two need to get a room! Lol

What am I a mirage? I started the "What ?"

Quoted from JY64:

Many hard rock bands their ballad is there most commercially successful song

Exactly my point, soft nature with tender lyrics. The greatness of Dazed and Confused both musically and lyrically declaring and rightfully so that Devil thy name is woman was never gone be their best seller. Always been my personal favorite though.

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Jp is a stop and aim snipers game.

There's plenty of flow in that game, sniping as well which is why its so great to shoot.

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Who the hell has enough free time to hang out in a thread for a game they clearly have no interest in just to poke and prod the people who do? It’s fucking pinball man, go turn on your games and flip, it’s pretty fun.

The best part is when u do that in a JJP thread Romulick makes a point of letting u know how he doesn't do that in Stern threads. With the release of the apparent "game of the year" in GnR any praise for this "borefest" has the fan boys all a twitter. I love it.

#2936 1 year ago

Romulick don't try to steal my way, u stink at it and I'll have to go full force, that won't end well for u.

I haven't posted in JJP thread for what a month now.

Maybe its time.

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Who cares? Haste makes waste. I rather see JJP make a super loaded BTTF pin that has a ton of modes covering all 3 movies

You left out 2 too many modes and too much stuff so that gameplay is slow and tedious.

I'll take the Stern with the first film and maybe the second with just enough stuff on the PF and fast flow gameplay. The third film stank.

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I'll take that too for about $4k as that's the type of game you described lol.

Less modes, less toys / features, and wide open fast flow (air in between orbits and ramps) for $6k - $9k+? Hard pass. For $4k though maybe!

Man the BOM thing is so important to u guys. I mean I understand within reason but I gladly payed full pinball price for BKSOR and never once thought anything other than this is a great pin. I don't want keep saying it but i will, I pay for the fun factor not for the toy/light factor. It doesn't have to look like its worth the money I'm spending but it has to fulfill my desire to play and be fun. I would feel more foolish spending a lot on a game that's loaded yet I just don't find it entertaining to shoot rather than somewhat baron yet its a blast.

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How many times do you suppose this Jacoff guy was on the Wonka thread telling everybody what pussies they were for digging Wonka?

I don't think as much as that Romulick fella thinks but ok, he was just trying to help some confused and dare I say curious men. That's what Jacoff is all about I think, helping people.

#2972 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A Ford Mustang GT is a great car but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $100k for one just because its fun

What?

If they did cost $100 000 and had what I wanted then I would pay it. I understand ur point although I don't know fuck all about cars and never thought the car/pinball analogy was a good one at all.

U know what I don't care. Ok fine JJP makes pins worth every cent and Sterns are a rip off. Got it. Oh wait then can u explain why they aren't the top dog?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside