E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#791 3 years ago

Looks effing terrible.
Suddently it doesn´t feel so bad with the extra 25% euro taxation.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You two need to establish an Australian pinball fight club and just go toe to toe.

So, now you decided to take a piss at new zealand?

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Who cares how good a pin looks if it plays terrible or even just boring to play?

If everybody thinks a game is boring nobody will buy it.

If it´s really fun and you want to buy it for your home, why wouldn´t you care how it looks?
Hence, the better it shoots the more important looks get.

You cant honestly say, you dont care one bit what your furniture looks like aslong as they are comfortable?
Well, you can if you still live in your moms garage, but most people dont.

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm with ya, artwork work can be overrated, personally I'm more concerned with toys and features. LZ has very few and not as interesting of ones compared to ACDC in my opinion. A rising spinner with a magnet, 3 drop targets, and a ball lock...that's it for $7500 - $9k+? ACDC has the moving canon toy, more drop targets, the bell toy with magnet, ramp diverters, a lower playfield, the mini interactive band, and more molded / detailed items (the jukebox). There's no comparison.
LZ shows just how much Stern is now stripping out of their games to increase their profit margins compared to a game from 5 years ago. Then there's the whole build quality factor compared to the original run of ACDC's, the cabinets today are cheaper / lighter, and the playfields don't appear as durable. There's no excuse either considering prices have also gone up $1k - $2k since then.

Luci is a really beautiful pin. It´s imo the only later stern that actually has a luxurious feel to it.

LZ is one ugly bitch, but my biggest gripe is that there is nothing saying this is THE LZ pin. Change out the zep for a Flying fortress drone and call the ascending spinner in the middle a portal and you have another avengers pin.

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

it's clear the designers were invested in the product.

It is?
What in this game, says the designers put their heart and souls into this project?

#2157 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Looks like the VOD of today's stream is on the Stern Insider page - only need a free basic account.

So you have to sign up to see the game being played?

Rofl.

#2518 3 years ago

This is a path that will become more and more unreasonable.
In the future can you even Show Pictures of your house?
What if there is a painting? A specially designed furniture?
A plant that is produced and cultivated by a Company?

If they want people at all beeing able to produce any kind of own material, they have to sort this.
I´d like to see a clear ruleset that if you replicate anything in a way that it replaces the original, then it´s not permitted. Having bits of Music coming out from a pinball machine and then a microphone recording of that while people talk....
If that is prohibited, it´s just silly.

#2519 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

And thank sweet baby Jesus for that. What do u get for 6 to 9K? you answered it. Speed, Flow and fun.
Man, u guys and by that I mean JJP enthusiasts are so into the BOM. I think that's the main reason for the slight obsession with that company. They appear to satisfy the cost by all the stuff on the PF and yet the fact is they just don't play as well as Sterns. Maybe they should concentrate more on gameplay and less on trying to impress everyone with flashy mechs and gimmicks and lights, like someone said above the pin with the worst art and toys especially in terms of appearance is the most fun of the JJP games, Dialed In. Why are we talking about JJP in this thread anyway?

Totally disagree. Most modern Sterns are screaming lack of effort and feels totally soulless.

How many barren games with zero theme integration that shoots well do you really need? One? Two?

Granted JJP´s are by no means perfect, but atleast you feel the effort put into theese games.

I´ve recently had stranger things and dialed in at home, really didn´t like any of them.
(i like afm, sth is just a ugglier, sloppier and cheaper feeling version)
(DI is a theme that is really strange and the scoring balance is so bad, you end up basically doing one thing.)
But you have to be really biased if you didn´t notice the huge difference in lack of effort.

It would be a Dream having Eric M and Keith E working together in jjp Environment.

Eric is creative and artistic and Keith is the best at ball-paths structure.

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Totally disagree with this and Stern other than I don’t need another Steve Ritchie “flow monster”
Take a look at the top 15 pins and then ponder why you might be in the extreme minority with your Stern comments
Other “recent Sterns” are not as you describe. Lol

It's ok to disagree and i'm well aware i'm in the minority.
My most fun games correlate really bad with pinside top 100.
Elwin games are fun shooters, but i dont feel they ooze of luxury and value for money.
They feel cheap and look cheap esp after a couple of games, when they can be rethemed to lunar-landing the pin.
Imo the only three sterns i would concider for long time home use is simpson, lotr and lucy.
Neither simpson or lotr is a beauty, but there is alot going on.
Lucy is by far the most beautiful game stern produced (only marginally rivaled by beatles and deadpool)

I'm actually bummed ap is so terrible at theme cohesion, cause their pins feel really solid, maybe the best overall.

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wow.. you are really hard to please. Maybe find a new hobby that you actually like.

The prices on pinball actually merits beeing hard to please.
What make you say i dont like pinball?
Thats not nice.

1 week later
#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Of all spinners to rip. LZ spinner looks funnest rippiest of all spinners. Too bad pro doesn't have it, but pro is about continuous combo flow (like JP pro). So win/win.

Jp is a really. Nice game. But not a flow game. There are lots of pins stopping the ball and the upper right ramp is to clunky to provide flow.
Jp is a stop and aim snipers game.

3 weeks later
#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

software development

What software development?
Software like freestyler, xlights etc etc has been around for ages and are free.

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

On the other hand you're implying that this all gets integrated into a pinball machine for nearly free and that is not the case. True custom integration or choreography of the lighting takes some know how as opposed to the mindless Pinstadium systems that use the same Chinese cell phone app.

The controller and the program to direct the digital leds are allready in the game, so that´s a non-issue.
I would be utterly surprised if the bom for thoose lights are above 10$.

Working with led-lighting you fairly soon realize the biggest cost is copper wiring.

That is, atleast if you are not working with ultra advanced top end quality clay pakys and such, which i´m fairly certain stern is not.

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Number 81 is in the house! Having fun playing it on this rainy day!
[quoted image]

Looks better then first views.
Luckily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.