E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Distributors are saying they haven’t had this much hype on a new pin since......

Same hype train bait for every single release.........but I’m ashamed to admit I’m biting.......like I do every release lol.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Danger. This week most likely if it’s revealed tomorrow or Tuesday.

How did he resolve all the Twitch licencing crap?

#509 3 years ago

Just amazing how much crap gets spewed out on Pinside as if it's fact. Seems to be getting worse? Or more likely I'm just getting jaded.

#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The LZ premium/LE shots remind me of Avenger IQ Prem/LE.

Was just about to post this - Ritchie channeling a bit of Elwin here - 2 vertical kickback ramps and a middle ramp that can be hit from the top flipper.

Game looks like like it’ll be a fun shooter. Pretty solid game, if not groundbreaking. Pretty much the same as all Ritchie releases.

Playfield art is good. LE is a.....different, but aren’t all LE’s?

I like the 2 banks of drops up top that can both be hit by the upper flipper. And that upper flipper to lane to kickback shot on the Pre/LE looks fun. Could be a sleeper this one. A bit like Aerosmith.

#1133 3 years ago

Is the Angel guy so iconic for Zep?

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe Stern found out that LE was sold out at distributers and swapped the worse art package to that.

LE’s always have controversial art packages.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't have the interest in keep going back to disprove this more

Same, no interest arguing with you except to say youre wrong.

#1310 3 years ago

The Premium package is growing on me - sure it's lazy, but still looks pretty cool.

As is often the case, the aftermarket package of Premium with the laser cut side rails, Shooter nob and topper, will look better than the LE (warning: subjective opinion).

And you could get all that for less than the price of the LE.
Screenshot 2020-12-16 134711 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 134711 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135106 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135106 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135132 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135132 (resized).jpg

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm still in for the premium. I like the side art but the backglass is redundant so I might change that. Art is not a real biggie for me anyway but game play matters. Let's give it a chance.

Despite being redundant, I actually like the Premium translite - probably most of all 3.

Biggest issue is it’s going to reflect really badly on the pf glass with all that backlit white. Even PDI won’t help that much.

Maybe a negative version of the translite would look cool?

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

but don’t deny Dwight greatly expanded on the idea on TMNT

Did he? How? (never played it on TMNT)

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now, see...I think Aerosmith is WAY too cartoon-y and I never understood WTF that joker on top of the toy chest had anything to do with Aerosmith (perhaps you can enlighten me?). I think the Zep playfield looks great. Not 10 great, but a solid 8.

Could say the same for Sparky also. In both AS and Met, Dirty Donny did a great job of creating a “story” where there wasn’t one. We’re long overdue for another Dirty Donny game IMO. He could have done wonders with LZ.

#1760 3 years ago

In still not convinced the lazy art packages were due to licensing restrictions.

This is a Steve Ritchie game. Name me one Ritchie game that has good art? He is a known pinball art sceptic, and refuses to pay anything for art packages, instead using in house graphics design staff.

If anything LZ is probably his best art package to date.

#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

STTNG, Star Trek, BKSOR, High Speed, F14?

Ok, BKSOR, forgot about that. The others not so much.

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come on man! GOT was gorgeous

Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Do you remember how everyone hated the AC/DC pro art package? Everyone hated that big face in the middle so much, It was nick named Facey/DC. The AC/DC art package was berated for a long time buy pinball fans. Stern then decided to make the Luci premium and the pro without the Big face in the middle. So maybe this is what Stern will do later, release a zep with another much improved art package like they did AC/DC Luci.
Why do Steve Ritchie game always have “needs help” art packages? I remember the seminar at TPF when Star trek came out. People asked Greg why was the artwork on the Star Trek playfield so simplistic. It was just basically just color gradients and some grid lines. He said —> that is what Steve wanted. So I’m just saying. You can draw you on conclusions, why zep pro looks like wonder bread and the premium has a lazy art package. It has the same image on every side even the translite and the LE has bight Blue smurf armor. - “ Because that’s what Steve Wanted”.

Pretty sure GOT also got some revisions done after the original was released. Didn’t they add some dodgy gradients and texture to the shields or something?

And it still looked crap.

#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

AC/DC Luci has killer art.

Doesnt count because:
A) It's highly debatable whether it is "Killer Art" and B) It's a vault release that Ritchie would have had no say in and art wouldn't have come out of his BOM budget.

I'm with chuckwurt - art is relatively low on my priority list. If Ritchie sais to the beancounters at Stern - "take the art budget off my BOM and I'll add something else to the game that makes a difference to gameplay", then more power to him. Not seeing what that might be on LZ, but might be surprised once I play it.

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Im sorry but when look at LZ pro, it looks a game we’ve all played many times before.
Hope I’m wrong.

Except youll be playing it to Led F*ckin Zepplin!!!!

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

So true. If the layout & mechs were cool/innovative, this thread wouldn't be so obsessed with the art.

It’s true.....on Jurassic Park, the art complaints only surfaced as a last resort complaint.....just in case you felt you had to complain about something.

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even the non-cast voices fit PERFECTLY. Not sure who's doing Scary Terry, but he nailed it.

It’s actually my ONLY complaint about RNM.....no voices from Gerry, Beth or Summer. I know the game has heaps of assets now, but there’s moments when you’re waiting for those voices, and they’re not there. If they can get voice actors for Scary Terry, surely they can do it for Gerry, Beth or Summer?!?!?

#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Topper definitely cheaper than I thought it was going to be. Hopefully stern makes a bunch so they don’t sell out immediately for those who are still waiting on purchasing.

So $850 is cheap now? It’s a pretty lame effort as usual.

So glad I haven’t been sucked in to this whole topper obsession.

#1987 3 years ago

Looks really fun. Reminds me of ACDC. Steve Ritchie and rock music are made for each other.

Lights look good, flow looks good.

Animations and assets look lame, but won’t affect the fun.

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am done with toppers. Sold my TWD topper and I am out! Prices got stupid

Sacrificed my TWD topper as bait to score a AIQLE. Picking it up tomorrow, can’t wait.

#2162 3 years ago

Personally the raised spinner looked meh...... what is it supposed to be? If it was a Zeppelin rising up that would make sense. Or some other iconic object. But it’s literally nothing.

And no kinetic feedback at all. If you miss, it’s a bricked post shot, if you nail it it’s a Shot to nowhere.

Still think the game will be fun to play.

Loved the jukebox song selection with the album covers - that’s the best song selection I’ve seen so far.

#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It appeared to me that a shot through raised spinner hit the Ikarus located directly behind and made it jump up to the glass. That looked quite cool.

But you can hit Icarus any time.

#2423 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Dude, everyone is out of stock of any desirable Stern. They could build their current titles for years to fill demand. Go ahead and try to find an Elvira or a Jurassic Park or an Avengers, etc. ALL SOLD OUT with big waitlists.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Stern really should consider firing up another warehouse and line to fill this unprecedented demand and cash in.

Ummmm, guys.......theres a pandemic remember? Has been for almost 12 months. Pretty sure that's the main cause of the backlog and it's on the production side - not because Stern are doing anything out of the ordinary.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Anyony who thinks JJP is a Ferrari I have a bridge to sell

More like JJP's Rolls Royce to Sterns Honda Civic.

Merry Caaaaaaarrrrrrrgguuuuuuument!!!

#2501 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm the fanboy??? lol

c491e510adfc76a3c3dd7276f3c95663517cab76 (resized).jpgc491e510adfc76a3c3dd7276f3c95663517cab76 (resized).jpg
#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Stern can set up a stream, they just can’t stream on a third party like YouTube and Facebook. It’s the third parties that are advertising and earning revenue and not willing to share. If Stern had streamed via there own ad free website they would have been fine. Just like they are now with insider.

And these tech coporations (Fb, Google, Youtube etc) deserve to be scrutinized. Instead of coughing up the revenue, they're bashing the users, hoping that will force the rights holders to re-consider. Thats what you get when you allow concentration of power in any marketplace. Just the regulators have no idea how to manage it nor do the politicians want to upset everyone addicted to social media.

1 week later
#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How did they go from MET to this???? Think I fell asleep after 30seconds.

Ok. That pro is super basic...even for a pro. It really is The Pin level basic. Sure it shoots well - like 15 other pro level Sterns, but wow... it’s really getting to the level of pick a theme, pick a layout, slap on some art, done. Just like The Pin.

Why not have 3 good shooting layouts, a bunch of themes everyone wants, and let customer pick and “customize” their game.

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol
I’m looking at a bunch of “fun” LE Stern pins
LZ is a sad state of affairs

I cant stop playing AIQLE at the moment Ice. And EHOHLE due next week - things are good. We all know Stern can obviously create some of the best games when it all falls into place.

If I was a huge LZ fan id probably have ordered LZ - but then it would have been an LE since I was such a huge fan. Regardless of the game, what's not to like about playing pinball to your favourite band?

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Second- action button can launch ball and pick stuff- yeeaahh..

Quoted from Trogdor:

See a flashing arrow by a ramp?- hit it!..and repeat - with great music..

Quoted from Trogdor:

Don’t hit anything, song keeps going!

Nice to see you set your expectations are so high.

#2871 3 years ago

Shouldn’t someone be starting a LZ owners thread by now? Time to let the Hype thread free to be the cesspool it always wanted to be.

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Ok, lol. 21 days ago - I thought the games had to be delivered before they could start an owners thread?

Edit: actually there are 2 of them.

B9C31498-9A01-4E5C-BB9A-0A7D169D60FB (resized).jpegB9C31498-9A01-4E5C-BB9A-0A7D169D60FB (resized).jpeg
#2886 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

A wizard mode would be the perfect use for such asset as it can’t be played any other way in the game. Not even in the jukebox mode. I would say it could likely be a caveat for its use by the licensor and the flyer don’t mean shit.

If they did have the song, what a shame to waste one of the most iconic rock songs ever by hiding it in a Wizard mode. I guess as long as it was in a mini-Wizard mode - one not too easy but not impossible - a one in 10 or 20 game mode - it would make sense. That way it’s not too over exposed but still achievable.

In terms of it being too slow, not all of it is. That’s part of what makes the song great - the build up. Good coding could make that a great mini-wizard mode that builds up with the song.

But I seriously doubt Stern have the song if they’re not advertising it. It’s way too iconic (and likely expensive) to hide.

2 weeks later
#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Played a pro again today. Really love the way it shoots. Ramps and orbits are typical SR smooth, but that upper flipper is just a death wish. I think the premium/LE is the way to go to give you that additional ramp so it is a rewarding shot instead of the pro that just dead-ends into a stand up target and then comes rocketing out side-to-side.
I like the Pro, but that would frustrate me if I had to deal with it all the time.

Would have been so much better if that shot looped back around - could have also been repeatable.

6913EF2C-B41A-40C8-A523-770FBEC85282 (resized).jpeg6913EF2C-B41A-40C8-A523-770FBEC85282 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,699 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 65.99
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.