E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How do the distros know their LE allotment? I don’t think Stern has had the call yet with distros.

They are always the same. If you want the best shot at a LE, call Trent. He gets the most.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

I don’t understand DMCA. I haven’t heard of this until now, did a google search and still don’t understand. Can you give me cliff notes reason why a LZ game can’t be streamed.

You don’t own the rights to their music so you can’t stream it for the public to listen to.

It’s no different than you live streaming your nfl Sunday ticket on twitch.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You think we see Pros and LE by end of month?

I think so. Wouldn’t be surprised if they try this holiday release every year now. Hopefully it’s better fleshed out and baked than stranger things. Great idea, not the best execution on the game being ready.

#167 1 year ago

For anyone that doesn’t know Zepp all that well, here’s a playlist of songs I came up with from listening all day. I think these would work well with the game:

Houses of the Holy
Dyer maker
Ramble on
Black dog
Good times bad times
Fool in the rain
Misty mountain top
Dazed and confused
Whole lotta love
Trampled under foot
Dancing days
What is and what should never be
The Ocean
Friends (could be a cool eery mode)
Nobody’s fault but mine
The song remains the same.
Rock and roll
Heartbreaker
Traveling riverside blues
Immigrant song
When the levee breaks
Over the hills and far away.
Communication Breakdown
Hey hey what can I do
Going to California (game over music)
Kashmir
Bring it on home

#168 1 year ago

Just make a Spotify playlist with those songs and put it on random.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Don’t think the game will have 27 songs. Maybe 12?

Didn’t say that. Said these would work well with the game. I say 12 max and I hope I’m pleasantly surprised with more.

#240 1 year ago

If the game has 15 plus tracks that would be ideal. Please surprise us Stern with lots of songs!!

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think the only scenario they you get 15+ songs is that if the song chosen and the gameplay are not related, somewhat similar to Metallica and Iron Maiden. If the songs are game modes, I'd think it would be less. Where are the weekend leaks?

I definitely don’t want that. I want the songs to be modes.

#275 1 year ago

Call Trent at tilt amusements.

#287 1 year ago

I’ll be really surprised if Ritchie doesn’t do at least some of the callouts. I think he does a good job.

#296 1 year ago

Then id be going down the distro list on sterns website and call them all. Haha

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

No dealer wants to make that "sorry I know I said Id get you one but they short shipped me" call.

Stern has never done this, I doubt they start now.

#300 1 year ago

I’m talking about LEs that distros get. They all get specific allotments.

#303 1 year ago

Whether it’s delayed or not, everyone I’ve ever heard of that has ordered a Stern game, they’ve received it. Except delays until they are allowed to produce at full capacity again.

#307 1 year ago

Order a game when it’s in stock. No waiting.

#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Well thats what I do... unfortunately that means Ill have to wait and see if they can produce enough LZ to go around.
I kinda doubt it based on the last year or so.
No way in hell I am pre-paying or any of that bullshit.

You’ll have YEARS to buy a LZ NIB.

#327 1 year ago

You can get on an interested list until official announcement.

#374 1 year ago

That would be a cool surprise. I like his work.

#382 1 year ago

I don’t like donnys style. I’d prefer franchi yeti or someone else that’s good. Haha

#384 1 year ago

Danger. This week most likely if it’s revealed tomorrow or Tuesday.

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

You never see or hear Zepplin in movies or tv.

Literally every cut away scene in that 70s show was Zeppelin

#505 1 year ago

The past couple releases have had the distro meeting like right before the release to prevent leaks.

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They could at least throw us some sort of bone to hold us over..lol
Many of us are foaming at the mouth over this one!

Well considering they want to stop leaks, I doubt we get anything leaked. Would’ve been cool if they did some of the teaser animation videos like they did for BKSOR.

#520 1 year ago

If they did 1k LEs it would be a first.

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Just got some good and bad news. Good news is we will get to see LZ tomorrow. The bad news is we won’t see any LE’s delivered until 2nd week of January. Pros will be getting into peoples hands here in the us just after Christmas.

Seems pretty quick to me. How is that bad news? Haha. Stranger things was around Xmas last year and I got one of the first LEs and it wasn’t until first week of February. So seems to be around a month at best for LEs to usually land.

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I bet we see Pro models very quickly. Before Christmas. But LE likely not until January.

Something tells me Diamond agrees with you. Haha

#588 1 year ago
4AE972DB-9E85-4985-B014-48F21D135B61 (resized).jpeg
#590 1 year ago

https://fb.watch/2ov1TS_WWn/

The sound is muted because of copyright issues. Haha

#591 1 year ago

Three flippers. One on the top right.

An appearing and disappearing spinner that is also a ball lock.

The cabinet is the white led zep III album art.

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Some sort of light up side-blades in the premium

Yeah. Seems to be imbedded in the side art. Pretty cool.

#600 1 year ago

That center mech looks so cool. It’s a pass through spinner shot as well as a magnet that captures the ball and pulls it under the playfield.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Hotrails meet hot blades. Lol

I like that they are pointing at the playfield and not straight up.

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone want to take a guess at the LE theme? Gotta be Zep IV, right?

Maybe brighter with celebration day or Mothership?

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This game looks like AC/DC all over again

Not seeing it except for the 3 drops up the middle. 3 ramps, 3 flippers, no lower playfield, pop up mech in the middle with a spinner and magnet in it.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What's the deal with no LE photos with the other one's? That's a first-now show me the LE before the pitchforks come out Geesh!

That’s what they’ve done in the past I think. You’ll see the LE once the official press release drops.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks similar to the Iron man mech minus the bash toy.

So completely different? Haha

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Top of the charts - Stairway - number one rock some to most.

Stairway is not in the game. Ritchie tried and it was too difficult to secure apparently.

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is that published somewhere? Or anecdotal guess?

Not a guess. I’ll leave it at that.

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Whose autograph is on the LE ?

Usually the designer.

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stern wouldn't even pony up for S2H and you're thinking they'll get a band reunion for this game?
Chances are the surviving members don't even know there's a Zeppelin pinball in existence...
(I kid, but there doesn't seem to be much, if any, band involvement here)

Yeah I think GNR was a, wait for it, Once in a Lifetime deal?

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Starting to wonder if ST Prem/LE is the last real kickback we'll see from Stern.

I’m fine with that. When will we see the player controlled kickback again? That’s what I want to know.

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Having the ball immediately kick back is a lot more satisfying to me than the ball sadly dying, then waiting for another to be kicked into the shooter lane,

Agreed. But what’s even better than that is a player controlled kickback so we don’t have to work about that kickback sucking and missing the ball or firing too soon.

Bring those back.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Like on Volcano? Any other games have that?

Defender. Extra button on the side of the game is needed.

Or you could use the lockbar button.

#1184 1 year ago

Pinball profile episode here with Tom Sexton is great. Lots about the rules and where he wants to take the game with the rules when it’s done.

https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-293-timmy-page-sexton/?fbclid=IwAR3KPCDdPLyx55hI7RZ7xWQ08e9uB14b8FleKtKPCIQKzD4BcQVhsSXcl5Y

#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did they really go linear progression on a music pin so you have to hear the same songs over and over and over every time you start a game?

No.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

no one can get $9,199.00 worth of enjoyment out of ANY pinball machine much less LZ.

Yeah just gotta get like 2k worth and get the rest on resale. Haha

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

“You get individual stand up targets and not the multi target.“
Has it come to this?

At least they have multiple uses. The ball save targets are also used for one of the band members.

Not quite the 3 drops mastery Elwin did with AIQ, but some of these young guns are coming up with some good ideas to maximize the limited BOM these games have.

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The result shows the lack of love/care/collaboration with the licensee. GNR was a collaboration with JJP/Eric (who has a deep music background). This looks like LZ threw a bunch of "assets" over to Stern and they incorporated them. LZ cares about the licensee fees, not so much about pinball. Slash could give a shit about the license fees...he cares about pinball.

Precisely. I doubt we see anything even close to GNR in the theme integration dept ever again.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's basically the same shot to relight the kickback on No Fear on the left side this time...but now it does two things!

Better than one.

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I can’t even drink this pin pretty! Hmm I think my googles are broken.

Mine works fine Robert.

www.google.com

Haha

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

It would be absolutely hilarious if Steve would begin the livestream reading some of the stupid comments. Kind of like “Mean Tweets” but for Pinside.

That would be great.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'll tell ya, the theme integration on my Rick and Morty is f-ing amazing. Different approach...not as glitzy, but the amazing callouts, music and episode integration are just stunning.

Yeah that’s solid too. But GNR is still on another level. That’s how much they killed the theme on that.

#1291 1 year ago

That’s something that’s tough to nail too. Sure it’s great if you get people from the license to do custom callouts, but what if they suck at it? Haha.

Another good one for that is GOT. The hound’s callouts in that are great.

#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from huo:

What does the popup mech do other than being a spinner? Is that it?

#1319 1 year ago

One strong plus is they have the full songs in the game so you can change up the songs in PB and should work out well. Problem is the songs they picked are great. Not sure I would change any. I just want to add more.

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah chuckwurt the more I think about it the more impossible it is to change the songs. The songs are divided up in sections and the rules for the song mode change based on the part of the song.

Yeah. Probably right. Like I said, the song list is strong. Not a single one I would swap out. Just wish we could add more.

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was going to say pro looked great until I saw that missing ramp.

That’s my only beef with the Pro offering.

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Yep....that's a huge blunder by Stern IMO.
Personally, this pushes me into Premium territory because I would need to justify that 3rd flipper.
I'll probably pick up an AIQ pro down the road, instead...even though I much prefer LZ to comic book stuff.
It's all about the shots and code for me. Neutering that 3rd flipper on the pro is a real head scratcher.

As long as I see people in the stream hitting that center ramp consistently (doesn’t look possible), that will help.

I’m pro or no game on this one so hopefully I like the pro.

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Your right don't like it for these reasons either! I have a new level of what i am looking for after seeing GnR and wont support companies that cheap out and do not hit the mark. Looking forward to see what they do with Cactus Canyon and Toy Story!

You’re never going to see a GNR type game ever again. So much had to go right to pull that off.

I love toy story, but I bet that’s going to be like pirates and nothing like GNR in terms of theme integration.

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If it's anything like pirates I will be happy! I mean not worried about the movie itself, but the pirates theme was certainly well integrated, and just look at that playfield.... put it beside LZ for comparison

Purely talking theme integration. I like a lot of the characters of pirates and there are so many awesome action scenes. Literally none of them are used in pirates. It’s a pirate game, not a POTC game.

I think that’s Disney as well as Toy Story. So if pirates was hard to get stuff for, I expect the same for toy story. I hope I’m wrong. I really want it. But in order for me to pay 7,000-9500 for a game, it needs to be perfect for me.

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I agree, it will be far more important to get assets in Toy Story than Pirates and I am now in the same boat for spending, has to be a perfect game to take up one of my last 5 spots! Canceled my LZ LE .....not even close for me!

I’m down to my last 2 spots. Ones reserved for JJP and one for stern. Just need to figure out which ones!

#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

Surprised with all the hate for the LE. That screams LZ to me and it's an iconic image. Guess you cannot make everyone happy. I've played both GnR Standard and LE and didn't find either one that great. Yes they look awesome and have great theme integration but that will only get you so far. Fat Axl looks horrible on the display but maybe that gets some of you off.
Ritchie games typically shoot awesome so I'll reserve judgment on LZ until I get to play it. I stopped buying NIB years ago but if I was in on a LE I would be excited and think the blue trim looks nice and compliments the cab art well. For those who had LZ as a grail theme it could be a lot worse and they could have given you something like TF which was my grail and very disappointing on many levels.

It’s purely the powder coat choice for me. Easy to fix though.

#1501 1 year ago

Watch this in Spotify. If this was the LCD for this song, that would be amazing.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0yVs7eSL8mPnIu2CGKHpUQ?si=6gFxMaKLR3Grvxdp6ur-iA

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there supposed to be video? It just plays the track.

Yeah. Plays video on my phone. It’s a crazy grungy loop of a Zeppelin crashing and the band signing. Matches the art on the premium well. Would be a cool clip to have in the game for that song.

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Too bad you can’t get a pro cabinet with a premium playfield.
I really think they got this one backwards.

If we were only shown the art and I guessed which one was which I would’ve though the pro art was the premium as well.

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did he? How? (never played it on TMNT)

Players 1-3 can pick different turtles and strategically setup big opportunities for the next player.

Also if one player gets to a mini wizard mode like team up, it will be lit for the next player too so they can play it as well.

Probably more, but I can’t remember

#1567 1 year ago

I think half always go overseas

#1569 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Are they streaming the Pro or Premium on Friday?

Didn’t say in the ads. Probably the LE. They seem to have been pretty consistent with LE recently then a pro shortly afterwards on other channels.

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Wish was a premium since that will be the one the majority of HUO owners most likely will buy. I know premium and LE will play the same but would like to see the premium instead being showcased. But will be interesting to see how the LE artwork looks on video.

You’re most likely only going to see the playfield on video.

#1578 1 year ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

From what i've heard so far the rules sound very cool.

I’m very intrigued by the ruleset too. Seems like it will be not too simple and not too complex. 5 mins to learn, life time to master kind of deal.

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

Now Aerosmith is the *kind* of art that Stern is capable of doing

Now put yourself in sterns shoes and play hypothetical. What do you do when you present a playfield like this to the licensors and they deny it and want you do use certain specific assets on the playfield?

I’d love LZ to have the cabinets they currently have along with a playfield style like Aerosmith. That would’ve been awesome.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Onto other things ... I thought I saw someone state something about there being 5ish extra minutes of song time on top of the 10 "selectable" songs. Anyone know more on this?

Tim Sexton mentioned in an interview that the game has approximately 50 minutes of song time.

Someone here did the math and thought that meant there is more than 10 songs in the game.

Possible I guess. I personally think Tim was simply rounding up. Haha

Quoted from PinBalt:

I also thought someone stated that Ocean and Stairway were in the wizard modes?

No. That was just someone speculating based on the 50 mins of song time theory.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Probably not these days I am afraid.

Oh yeah. Forgot about the new tax. That sucks.

#1650 1 year ago

Yeah good points on the wizard modes. They have to have some music there. Interested to see what that is.

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any ideas what the second switch in shooter lane could be for?

Eliminates playfield validation shenanigans

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you look at ACDC's layout.. you see a 'TNT target bank' you don't say "There are three different TNT shots!"

There’s 4.

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Can you hit a ramp or orbit through the lift spinner. The video seems to show the ball just kinda rattling around after it goes through. It just seems kinda lame, the ball needs to travel to make a spinner satisfying.

It appears to mostly hit the icarus target. I wish it lined up with the ramp instead.

#1703 1 year ago

Keith J in another thread said dealing with more than one licensor entity is a nightmare.

#1796 1 year ago

Art is at the bottom of my list of how I rate games. Nothing is lower. Some of the greatest games I’ve ever played look like absolute hell.

Someone said it really well before. You got the people that care how a game looks, and the others that care how a game plays.

I like to play them. .

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but lots of other recent Sterns have looked way better than this.

100% agree. I still cared about the gameplay exponentially more on them.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Would you rather have the art on LZ excellent or crap.

I like the artwork. People care WAY too much about what these games look like. So much that they won’t even give it a chance because of how it looks. DOA even before it’s played. It’s nuts to me.

#1807 1 year ago

I can’t really see how it would shoot like any other game. And the rules are definitely unique. Excited to see the stream tomorrow. 8 pm eastern on FB right?

#1811 1 year ago

Yeah I think that’s right. Platinum on all the songs. Sounds like a tough task. Should be a good carrot out there for long lasting play at home. Hopefully it’s not as hard as encore on AC/DC or as wood choppy.

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from coop:

Ahh shucks. It's true, the art is important to me. These things are expensive and they take up a bunch of space in my house. I want them to play well AND look cool.
I think what's tough about this one is that I had my hopes up for Star Wars and that was pretty bad on all accounts but I just shrugged it off. "You can't win ‘em all.", I told myself. It’s been twelve games since Star Wars and they have ALL looked amazing. Turtles is a fantastic game but it's not my era so when that one came and went I could appreciate the execution but it didn't resonate with me. However, now with Led Zeppelin it was finally my turn, my era, my nostalgia, and this time all the production kinks have been worked out. I don’t have to worry about an uninspired photoshopped Star Wars playfield or the infamous garishness of Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, what was delivered fell short. It's disappointing man. It kinda hurts to see the one pin you've really been wanting for not get the same attention to detail as the others. I’m still trying to process what went wrong.
I make my living designing things and I also rent my home as a photo location. Aesthetics are an important part of my life. With that said I still play an hour of pinball a day and I made it into the top 100 in California in 2019. I just wanted to make the point that you can comment on the look of a game but still be very interested in the actual game play. It's not one or another.
I'm still looking forward to playing it and would still consider swapping out the Capitan Fantastic in my music room. However, this moment, before we've seen the stream or played it in person, is to talk about the art. To be honest I'm grieving a little bit. I think others are as well and this is the only place where anyone would understand me. I'm not trying to cancel Led Zeppelin the pin before I’ve played it. I'm more just sharing my feelings about what I’ve seen so far.

Have a beer. It’s just pinball. Enjoy the stream tomorrow. Reveal streams are always fun.

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from coop:

There's no need to talk down to people.

Didn’t mean it that way. You seem extremely upset about a pinball reveal. Just take a step back and try to enjoy it. At the end of the day it’s just a game. If it’s not for you it’s not for you. There’s always the next one.

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

But if you have been waiting for a pin of one of your favorite bands and your let down by the art work not so easy to wait just for the next one. Most likely will never see another Led Zeppelin pin again. So some of us are upset with the art direction that was taken.

Again. It’s just a game. Sure it’s disappointing if it’s not what you expected. But just give it a chance and it may surprise you. Once you see it in person, it might not look so bad. And when you play it, and the music is rockin, you might fall in love with it. Never know. And if you don’t, no big deal. Don’t need to own Led Zeppelin pinball to enjoy pinball.

Quoted from coop:

I was reading your comments and I have to say they felt dismissive. So, I thought I would try to sketch out what people like me are thinking. It is just a pinball machine but I do love pinball and there are truly a very limited amount of grail themes.

Sorry that I came off that way. I’m coming at these games from a completely different direction than you, but I didn’t mean to make it seem like your opinion didn’t matter. It does.

I have very few dream themes too. Stranger Things and The Big Lebowski. That’s about it. TBL is cool as hell, but I’ll never own it cause of the price. Sucks, but no big deal.

Stranger Things is dogged by everyone on planet earth, and I wasn’t blown away by the reveal (very similar feelings as this one). But I got a pro early, played it for a week and saw they had something with it. Jumped on an LE and never looked back.

I knew the gameplay would never be what I typically would want in a dream theme, but it was good enough to keep me playing while the theme integration was pretty great, and did the license justice imo.

I guess my point is, for that, the most important thing to me (gameplay), wasn’t what I hoped or expected, but after playing it, I enjoyed the game anyway, and I’m glad I got it and didn’t miss out on my dream theme.

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So what’s the best method for watching the gameplay reveal tomorrow? What time is it at?

Looks like from sterns FB page

462FD6FB-E898-4636-86FB-96F41A3C5F3F (resized).jpeg
#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve never been on FB and never will be .Pinside is the only social media I’ve ever been on because I’m sooo obsessed with the hobby .That being said Jack Danger did say yesterday they will most certainly be taken down on FB that he’s set up to move it to YouTube as soon as it happens .Does anyone have any other info on this I’d appreciate it thanks .

I would just recommend tuning into FB and if it gets shut down bounce over to his YouTube channel. Or sterns.

#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How do you watch without a login ?

Can you see this video?

https://fb.watch/2szvt3M8sd/

#1924 1 year ago

No. I was just posting that to test if Kkoss24 could see it without logging in.

This is the link you want.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Stern is releasing the lights for the Pro in March

For real? That’s huge.

#1949 1 year ago
F480D82B-7209-4179-AF3B-84A1990ED412 (resized).jpeg
#1954 1 year ago

Hell yeah! Love that the lighting can be added to the pro.

#1965 1 year ago

Unless Stern has some kind of agreement with Facebook i'd be willing to bet they'll shut down the live stream within 3 minutes of game play. i gave up streaming on facebook on any of my music pins because of this. At least on Twitch they let the live stream go and block the VOD.

Agreed Chuck. I’m very surprised they aren’t doing this on twitch or YouTube from jump.

#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah what the heck is up with that?

DMCA

#2172 1 year ago

Maybe the center ramp from the spinner and upper flipper shots are more, “awesome if they happen, but not likely” type shots.

#2174 1 year ago

It just looks cool hitting it through the spinner. I hope they add rules that in certain situations you have to hit icarus through the spinner for a super jackpot or something. That would be fun.

#2179 1 year ago

Agreed. Although I did see one song (can’t remember which one), where it was all blue to start and was thumping with the beat and really stood out from the other songs. More of that please.

GNR crushes it in this dept, so let’s see if stern can make at least a similar experience. Good but in a different way.

#2212 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

We were trying to confuse the bots but after we got caught we just said eff it. Ha

Did you guys try and get the stream blessed before you did it? You’d think a stream from the license holders channel would be allowed. Or at least able to be worked out with twitch or FB to get the bots turned off. Sucks you had to deal with that. Game looks fun as hell.

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Here’s the real question . When these games start arriving , are the playfields going to be full of issues , or has stern addressed it ? Because that’s also factoring into my decision to pull the trigger on a premium

I would expect more of the same until it goes away (if it goes away). Hoping for the best.

#2282 1 year ago

Yeah. It totally sucks.

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What is stopping an entity such as PPS from suing streamers

Nothing.

#2357 1 year ago

They tried to mess with the sound so it wouldn’t be taken down. Go like 45 min in. They fix the sound around then.

#2371 1 year ago

American pinball playfields are the only ones I haven’t seen any reported issues.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How many American pinball games have been sold? How many of those have a ton of plays?
I’d suggest that the sample size is far too small.
All games can have issues. No playfield is perfect. It’s a natural product with variations.

Across all three games probably 2-3k

I guess a better comment would be I’ve never see a Bader playfield with issues.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Spooky had issues with some TNA playfields.
As far as I know they did resolve it. But it did happen. neilmcrae

I assumed the resolution was switching manufacturers to Bader.

#2404 1 year ago

You can also mess with the speech attenuation so that the music is more pronounced.

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I’m all for the artists getting paid. This is all a big joke that these big companies haven’t worked something out.

There needs to be a process for companies like stern to be able to have official streams of the the IP they have rights to and have them not get shut down. Seems silly if they have the license and the license holders approve, that they still can’t stream it.

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or they simply aren't paying for the rights...
Topics like how you can market, in what formats, etc are all part of license agreements. Unfortunately the concept of having rights to do something in one format doesn't automatically equate to being able to use it in other forms. For instance, it is very common to say you could use a song in a game, but maybe not the song in an Ad for that game... without paying more for that. Or maybe you could use it in radio, but not TV, etc. It all depends on how controlling they want to be.
It can get very messy when you have content owners that want to be very strictly defined in what you can and can not do with the license agreement they want to grant. It's just a messy underbelly that most people aren't exposed to.. and now that they are getting more agressive in formats our hobby has grown accustomed to just being out there.. it just is more visible for us now.

Just get on the horn, get it approved from the licensor, then get with your desired medium to see what the next steps are. Can’t be that hard, or expensive.

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

you only get what you pay for...........nobody rides for free

That’s the thing. Even if stern got approval from the licensor on this, they still would’ve been booted from the stream.

#2547 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is false if Stern got approval for Facebook to collect revenue from the copyrighted works of Led Zeppelin that stream would certainly be up with millions of views. Facebook will not share that revenue and Led Zeppelin is certainly not going to be ok with that.
Personally I believe they knew full well the stream would go down. They played up how they were felons and rebelling. It was a poorly planned PR stunt. A lame attempt to be “Rock n Roll”. I guess it worked people are still talking about it.

Come on. You don’t seriously believe this? Haha

More likely was Jack possibly brought the issue up and maybe even suggested they get it all cleansed before they went live, but Stern decided not to.

Or there isn’t a proper channel to have this done at this time. It’s just you vs the bots and you can try to fight it later if you want.

#2550 1 year ago

Yeah he knew hence the weird way they set it up to try and circumvent it. Either he warned Stern it could happen and they didn’t care to take the necessary steps to get it blessed, or that process doesn’t really exist yet on platforms like twitch, FB and YT.

I have discussed this a lot with other streamers and I can’t find anywhere where a streamer has gotten approval from the licensor, and streamed without issue and got paid for it.

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any reason Stern can’t develop their own video streaming application or do it solely through their own site?

Money. Haha.

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I saw the whole stream uninterrupted on FB. Then I can view the replay on Stern's website at any time. What is the problem?

That’s only because you didn’t hit refresh.

The video posted afterwards was hosted by sterns website, not Facebook.

#2578 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on what I read about the new copyright / streaming bill that may not be allowed as well.

Oh for sure. But it won’t get muted or shutdown. They will get a C&D instead. Or they work it out with the licensor and nothing shows up.

#2580 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

seriously, add an option to the programming that allows adjusting licensed music/callout volume as low as zero.

This is already possible with the attenuation settings.

#2594 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I heard it was Kaneada on code. There are wonderful modes like "Drink in the face Hurry-Up" and "I ain't fucking leaving Multiball"

Don’t forget the chess and math mode. I won’t bother posting the rules for that mode. It’s too confusing.

#2597 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But when a song is NOT active

A song is always active in LZ. Use attenuation.

#2599 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Oh I never heard that before. That makes sense. I thought you had to collect the band members before the group could start a song.

That’s GNR. LZ is meant to play like a set list. Start it and it keeps going until you drain. Next ball start at any point in the set list and start again. If you complete a song during your ball it goes to the next song in the list right away.

#2664 1 year ago

Here’s to you getting 20% more bonus than last year. No Jelly of the Month club.

#2765 1 year ago

Unless it’s player controlled it’s not a feature.

Player controlled and make rules to reward the player for kicking the ball back into play to a specific target.

1 week later
#3030 1 year ago

With all the new young guns that are supporting the code now, I anticipate all stern games going forward are going to get fleshed out even better than they have been. Pumped to see how these newest games turn out.

#3037 1 year ago

My backglass turns off while playing.

#3081 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are a ton of pinball players that prefer to play for mode progression and reaching wizard modes versus for score alone. If someone told me they scored 2 billion points in Star Wars I would think "That's great" but I would be more impressed if they reached and beat Defeat the Emperor. Same goes for getting 100 million in Lord of the Rings versus reaching Valinor...reaching Valinor is more impressive.
A majority of modern Sterns seem to focus more on multipliers and score based modes versus modes that are layered with excellent mode choreography (animations, sounds, lighting, etc all timed to events from the theme). Why? Well I have a theory on that and it's that focusing on scores / multipliers is cheaper and easier to code versus creating those multi layered modes I described. The tournament scene that Stern is heavily invested in doesn't seem to care much for mode choreography but rather score alone. Well, a lot of home buyers that are dropping $6k - $9k+ on games would prefer to see high quality layered modes versus generic points based modes.
Think of the story based modes and mulitballs in Lord of the Rings and then compare them to modes in most modern Stern's that just flash a single image / animation with a bunch of floating scores, it's night and day. Also, every Stern is loaded with copy and paste filler points modes called "super modes". Super ramps, super pops, super orbits...yeah they are super boring.

You’re probably going to hate GNR then.

#3084 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Do you guys think most home buyers are casual players or deep code type?

50/50

#3111 1 year ago

I’ve heard nothing but good things on the gameplay so far. Good sign for me!

#3119 1 year ago

What game from the 70s do people feel this game is similar to? These comments are baffling to me. Haha

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The shots required to complete modes in GNR appears to change as you progress through a song, that's a plus versus hitting the same shot over and over (ACDC).

In GNR each album has a two color code set that you have to find and hit during the songs. Orange/red for example. Yeah they move around, but it’s just all about hitting them enough times to get to the next scoop add a ball. Think AC/DC but each time you hit the scoop to change a song, if you stay in the song, it adds a ball into play.

AIQ definitely shoots way better than GNR. Haven’t played LZ yet to compare.

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

But on Buffalo Pinball Podcast they said The Expression lighting system was like glorified Pinstadiums and the JJP Hotrails were way cooler.
Now who is to be believed?

I will say I’m much more impressed with the hot rails at this time. But we shall see how LZ shapes up with their lighting. It did seem like it was sound reactive like cheapo apps you can get for led strips while the hot rails are choreographed just like an actual concert’s lighting.

Any type of light rail or concert lighting is better than none though.

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

According to Tim, the Expression lighting is programmed for each song. I'm pretty sure he even stated that several of the songs still needed more work.
Going back to that Buffalo podcast, I'm pretty sure Pinstadiums can only be tied to different inserts, GI, Flashers and cannot be programmed to do any of the things that JJP or Stern are doing with this. Comparing the Expression lighting to Pinstadiums was very uninformed.

Totally agree. But the experience on some of the songs seemed as though the lights went with the beat, instead of being specificity choreographed well like GNR. Maybe those were place holders.

I guess I’m sensitive to how light shows look due to going to awesome live music shows all year long.

#3135 1 year ago

Yeah the positioning of the hot rails could definitely be better, but in terms of the whole package of light show, GNR is way better IMO. But maybe Tim and co have a lot of cool stuff up their sleeves. Looking forward to see what they come up with.

#3146 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

totally a non-issue. The diffusers they use work great.

But it clearly is for Chuck. Haha. Diffusers help, but don’t entirely eliminate the issue.

#3151 1 year ago

it sucks getting old lol (56)

I’m 20 years your junior and it bothers me too. I’ve had a xmen LE on loan for a while and I have to put extra light on it. It’s unplayable for me with that colored GI.

ACNC is bad too. I kept a led lamp on that game at all times. Whether I was streaming or not. Haha

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Back in the 70s machines where slow and it was always about nudging.
This is alot like that in a big way.

How is this game slow? Looks nothing like that in the videos.

#3212 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn’t specifically hear him say it isn’t coded in yet

Multiple friends have reached the final mode. It’s not coded yet.

#3216 12 months ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

For the mini wizard modes as well - nothing there ?

I’m only talking about the “?” Mode. Nothing else. Not sure on those.

#3262 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So there is a top of the charts mini wizard mode to allow you to get up to platinum on all songs and now there is a separate game within the game called top of the charts? Sounds interesting.

It’s like the other challenge modes. You can start it from attract mode. Let’s you play the mode without actually getting there the normal way.

#3265 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When you say other challenge modes, other machines or on LZ?
Don’t think I have any other machines with challenge modes that start from attract mode that I’m aware of.

JP and escape nublar
GB and are you a god
Stranger things and final showdown
AIQ with battle royale

#3268 12 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good to know. So, how do you access them?

Hold both flippers in during attract mode.

TMNT has multiple challenge modes.

#3292 12 months ago

Yep that’s right. Glad you can get it for the pro, but at that price, might as well grab a premium.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside