E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwebster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#301 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Who is Tim Sexton?

Stern Programmer, high level player, and all around good guy.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Pro cabinet artwork reminds me of this.
[quoted image]

I thought the same thing too. good thing the rest of the game looks really good.

#701 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

So the obvious pro vs premium differences to the naked eye so far:
Cab art
Art blades with embedded lighting
Spinner mech that raises and lowers (with magnet)
Curious to see if there is anything else major, but they may have me with the lights dammit. I do wish the pro cab was on premium but there's a lot of opinions about that lol.

I'm assuming a subway and 4ball lock mech too

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Those LED lights embedded in the cabinet look amazing. Definitely a first.

not the first by a long shot. Spooky did it with Americas Most Haunted. However Stern has done it much better.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Part of the problem is you gotta get the designer on board with the theme. Steve Ritchie ain't getting hyped to make [removed] the pinball machine.
The other issue is rock is kinda dead? Unless they feel like mining 90s rock. Do people really want a Pearl Jam pin? Maybe a Foo Fighters...

Foo Fighters on the long rumored Quick Silver re-imagined pin would be spectacular.

#1366 3 years ago

wow - so many opinions on a game no one has played yet. Personally i like what i saw enough to order an LE. Hearing Tim's description of the rules on Pinball profile only increased my interest in it. Looking forward to seeing it streamed and even more to unboxing it.

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I do think that shot is a total buzzkill for the 3rd flipper. There's not much else it does (the video does say the center ramp can be hit from ALL flippers, but the ramp geometry and placement doesn't make it look possible, unlike AIQ where it does).
The standup shoud've been removed and a looping orbit should've been in it's place. I be willing to bet a very creative modder makes a ramp for this area and just reuses the standup switch's contacts.

Don't forget sweepable drop targets. if you've ever owned a classic stern or rollergames you'll learn to love sweepabale drops.

#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re most likely only going to see the playfield on video.

What good is a game play stream if you can't see the side art? After reading this thread it seems like that's what everyone is judging the game on. Personally i like the cabinet art, but i also know it will never be seen in my collection because most likely it will be sandwiched in between other games. I'm Looking forward to the stream to see how it shoots and what they did with code. From what i've heard so far the rules sound very cool.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Chuck, online and in person, you’re always the voice of reason and positivity and that’s why you’re always A-OK in my book. Hope Disco is treating you well, and hope we can play together in 2021!

Thanks for the kind words! Disco Fever is awesome, i just need to change the music out for Led Zeppelin until my game arrives

#1808 3 years ago

Art is the icing on the cake. Game layout, code, reliability, tournament worthiness and fun factor are a 100x more important to me. I like to play my games, not just look at them. So far i like what i see with LZ and i have faith in Tim Sexton to come up with a great rule set. Personally i think the artwork is fine and will fit into my collection of Rock machines nicely although i do respect some of the criticisms.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Tim has a lot to prove for me. I wasn’t impressed with the rules on BKSOR. Listening to the Jeff T interview didn’t give me any confidence he will knock this one out of the park.
I hope he kills it and the game is awesome but I need to see past work to instill confidence.

serious question-- what was wrong with BKSOR rules? I haven't played it enough to find anything i disliked. The only issue i heard of was the upper playfield had an exploit that the super elite tournament players could take advantage of. is there something i'm not seeing with my limited time on it? It seemed like a pretty straight forward rule set that forced you to play all the shots.

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would just recommend tuning into FB and if it gets shut down bounce over to his YouTube channel. Or sterns.

Unless Stern has some kind of agreement with Facebook i'd be willing to bet they'll shut down the live stream within 3 minutes of game play. i gave up streaming on facebook on any of my music pins because of this. At least on Twitch they let the live stream go and block the VOD.

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I honestly was expecting $1500 after seeing it, especially when EHOH topper was $1000 and JP was $699. I thought the LZ license was going to inflate the price north of $1000. Yeah $850 is a lot but cheaper than I was thinking.

Personally i would never spend big bucks on any topper. They just seem like a waste of money to me. With that said seeing the video of LZ topper was impressive. I think this is will be a must have for anyone who enjoys toppers on their games.

#2136 3 years ago

thats my stream. I don't have permission from Stern and they plan on putting it on their insider site, so I felt the VOD should be unpublished. Sorry.

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

There's no wiggle room on AP games, lots of wiggle room on Stern. Not apples to apples, not sure if you've ever bought NIB, but I'd talk to a distributor if I were you. I own Hot Wheels, it's a very good game. It feels just like Sterns, which is another good thing. AP makes great games, single tier and prices them reasonably (including shipping).

I agree. Hotwheels is excellent game, and probably the biggest bargain of anything out there right now. Build quality is fantastic and feature wise they are closer to a Stern Premium than a pro. With that said I can't wait to get my LE. shots and rules look fun.

#2502 3 years ago

For what its worth many times when facebook or youtube has muted one of my streams i've fought it claiming fair use. So far i've won every time. With that said its a royal pain in the ass to do it, especially on facebook. I don't envy the position you're in with this.

#2503 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You know your right the GnR is even hideous to gaze upon[quoted image]

The cabinet looks like the bathroom wall of the old Rock Fantasy in NY (not saying that's a bad thing).

1 week later
#2685 3 years ago

hmmm, I was expecting to see channels cut on the inner side of the cabinet for the blade lighting. I wonder how the upgrades will be done?

#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was my understanding that the cabs were precut with a dummy panel to remove/replace with the new lighted panel.
I’m not seeing a seam or anything that is precut in those pics.

in the STDM video you can see the panel. its well hidden.

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Iron Man was about $4k. People were more forgiving at a price like that. Plus Lyman on code. Plus a non-divisive theme that everyone loves & super exciting high energy addicting gameplay.
Different time, different price, different context.
LZ will sell to Zep fans & Steve Ritchie hardcores. Not sure it has legs outside of that zone.

Its a music pin- music pins always sell and hold their value far greater than any other genre. Even Stern Rolling stones is fetching over 5k right now. The only exception that i can think of to this is Beatles Platinum edition (and thats because of failed distribution plan).

Regardless what anyone thinks of LZ -it will sell well and become a highly sought after pin once it goes out of production.

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No fucking way is that going to work!I don’t see even lucking that shot!

Yet there are people saying they have done it. the bigger question is why do you want to do it? Seems to me that sweeping the drops or completing the L E D targets make a lot more sense from a true players standpoint.

#2891 3 years ago

I'd prefer no Stairway- give me Dazed and Confused for the wizard mode.

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I will say I’m much more impressed with the hot rails at this time. But we shall see how LZ shapes up with their lighting. It did seem like it was sound reactive like cheapo apps you can get for led strips while the hot rails are choreographed just like an actual concert’s lighting.
Any type of light rail or concert lighting is better than none though.

the Hotrails were one of the main reasons I passed on GNR (for now). I don't want LED's flashing directly in my eyes as i play. The expression lighting makes a lot more sense to me- it adds to the over all experience while providing beneficial lighting for playing the game. I'm curious if the expression lighting can be set to always on and always white for streaming purposes.

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But it clearly is for Chuck. Haha. Diffusers help, but don’t entirely eliminate the issue.

it sucks getting old lol (56). I remember a few years ago dark lighting was a big issue for many people over 50 at Pinburgh. Old eyes just don't adjust as quickly as they used to. Another problem that is starting to crop up are manufacturers using RGB lights for the GI. They just don't provide enough "white" to properly light up a playfield. My Hotwheels and ACNC suffer from this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Portland, OR
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwebster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=chuckwebster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.