E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder how long ago Stern started planning the side rail lights. Just interesting GNR and LZ have a similar feature in such a short time span. I would think Stern was working on it before the GNR reveal, but it'd be funny if they spent the last two months cramming it in there.

I suspect that all the manufacturers have been kicking around ideas for stadium mounted lights for several years especially with Pin Stadiums gaining popularity, showing up on streams and PAPA, etc. As has been pointed out Spooky did them with AMH years ago, taking it to the next level with colors and fully integrated into code is a natural progression. I look forward to seeing this in action in person.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I read it, and one thing leaped right out at me.....
IT PLAYS THE SONGS IN THE ORDER OF THE LIST ON THE BACK PANEL
Woof! Hope everyone likes hearing "Good times Bad Times" about a MILLION times. Have they learned nothing from "Ok who brought the dog?" and the mistakes of linear mode play? Switch the song order up with some switch hits or allow player to select.
Repetitive play is stagnant play IMO.
[quoted image]

I've seen that contradicted and that you can select the song at the start of each ball just like AC/DC. Guess we'll know for sure pretty soon.

#1412 3 years ago

Damn, the game even received an article on FoxNews.com (no politics please) - that's some pretty serious exposure to non-pinheads. https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/led-zeppelin-pinball-machines

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Disagree. “Zeppelin” multiball is kinda dumb. What is it? Shoot the Zeppelin ramp? O boy.

You could, oh I don't know, wait to play it or at least see it streamed to see if the rules aren't actually really great and enough to forgive the name?? Nah, let's not do that.

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

The art package is really poor compared to any games released lately (playfield included). The premium is probably the laziest I’ve ever seen, probably looks like 5min tops work, same pic everywhere.
Now Aerosmith is the *kind* of art that Stern is capable of doing and this is what I was expecting - a proper and respectful treatment of this iconic band - not some phoned in lazy slop.
So here it is, imagine just taking the same art approach for Led Zep as for Aerosmith by people who actually care about making something special. Imagine what the art on Led Zep could have looked like if someone cared.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This is what Stern is capable of. Look at how the LE pops and everything goes together (including armor). Look at the playfield art.
So what the fk happened here w LZ? Fk. What a shame.
Now look how fn stupid this looks in comparison:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I like to hold off judgement on these things until I get to see / play it in person but one thing that jumps out in this comparison is how LZ is more like some old-school Ritchie / pinball art in that there are "lanes" (for lack of a better term) helping you understand the shot geometry all the way down into the middle of the playfield. I'm sure there are tons of examples of this but High Speed immediately comes to mind (probably because I owned it for 20 years). Aerosmith has none of that, if it's a good thing or bad thing is certainly subjective but I could see the LZ style really helpful for newer players trying to understand where the ball should go and what angle off the flipper it needs to be to get it there.

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The holidays can be a very stressful time!
Here's some lovely pictures of a snowy Times Square / Rock Center from last night, to help put you everybody in a majestic and cheerful holiday mood![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

JE-SUS! Look at the shitty art on those billboards, what a bunch of frickin amateurs!

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Here is the super jackpot insert:
[quoted image]
Even the outlane inserts, full care and attention:[quoted image]

Can / should I post a bunch of playfield snaps from Data East games so we can all see what REALLY crappy playfield art looks like??

#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In still not convinced the lazy art packages were due to licensing restrictions.
This is a Steve Ritchie game. Name me one Ritchie game that has good art? He is a known pinball art sceptic, and refuses to pay anything for art packages, instead using in house graphics design staff.
If anything LZ is probably his best art package to date.

STTNG, Star Trek, BKSOR, High Speed, F14?

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure if you’ve given SW a chance. The art might have been a sore spot but the comic edition especially the pro is outstanding. As for gameplay, layout and code it’s one of my all time favorite pins.
Now I understand not everyone loves the same pins but also I’m not sure everyone has given SW a fair chance.
[quoted image]

I'm not a huge fan of this game but I see nothing wrong with the art on it. This is another example of what I mentioned in regards to the comparison with the PF art from Aerosmith. You can walk up to this game and instantly see where the shots are because the art guides you to them, for newbies or even just someone new to that particular game it helps you find places to send the ball. This seems to be something that SR wants / likes in his games and it goes back a long way in his career.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Spooky playfields are the only ones that don’t get complaints.

They had some issues with some TNA at one point, I've never heard of any American Pinball PFs having issues.

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How many American pinball games have been sold? How many of those have a ton of plays?
I’d suggest that the sample size is far too small.
All games can have issues. No playfield is perfect.

I've seen Houdinis that have been on route for years and aside from the normal wear around the scoop they have all been perfect. Granted the sample size is smaller than Stern just based on shear number of games but they also now use Bader for pfs and I don't know of any other company currently using them. Of course any manufacturer of any product can get a bad result every now and then but if it is caught in QA or remedied properly (replaced) after the fact it's all good.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be cool, how bout a mini interactive drum kit that bangs around!

They are saving that mech for The Muppets pin.

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’ve had quite a few people of various skill levels over for the last two months playing this game. None of them have a hard time starting a song on ball 1.

Did any of them have a problem starting a multiball because I tried and couldn't NOT start one. I'm joking - kinda.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.