E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 10 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Didn’t this band engage in statutory rape?

Jimmy did a 14 year old

#79 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I got bad news on that Aerosmith on your wishlist

HA! True. Guaranteed most bands in the 70’s were involved in statutory rape. Drugs and groupies.

#82 10 months ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Code will be the biggest toss up. BK was definitely not impressive... but that layout was also meh

My first NIB Stern and it’s far from meh for me. But that’s my opinion as it is yours and I respect that. I also love ST and have a pro for the family for Christmas with UV kit, art blades, and shaker, but now kinda wishing I didn’t get now after Zep announced. Oh well sold some pins and have $4k set aside and selling a kiss kissteria box set for $4k

#200 10 months ago

Forget putting any tracks from the Song Remains The Same. Pull from the O2 Celebration Concert. If your a fan you must watch it on Blu-ray and on surround sound. Jason did a great job filling in for his dad.

Song Remains the Same album recording quality is not their best and the band hated it and was not happy with that release but the label wanted it released.

#208 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

When I saw the Stern announcement was wondering if O2 is the direction they are going with this one.

I would not mind that at all. Nice bright colors. And the Celebration Day concert is amazing and they played a flawless concert. Celebration Day Blu-ray blows away Song Remains The Same DVD. At least they weren’t stoned or drunk on Celebration Day concert.

75FF5316-D1DD-4BE3-A5CA-217D559E3952 (resized).jpeg

#209 10 months ago

Tell me they don’t sound great here.

#277 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another issue using Celebration day as the content aside from no John Bonham is the track list while solid is missing too many rockin must haves in my opinion.
No Communication Breakdown, Heart Breaker/Living Loving Maid? Really?
I say pick 12-15 from Mothership album at a minimum.

I say take from the past and include O2 Celebration Day concert to round out there career. Kashmir live is just awesome and Black Dog is also.

#308 10 months ago

I just can’t imagine putting a ton of money down on something and not know anything about it other than it’s going to be a Led Zeppelin pin.

#318 10 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

That’s just the game If you want an LE. You have plenty of time to order after reveal if you’re getting a pro or pre and still be on the first run.

I know that’s for the LE, but I still could not buy anything without seeing it regardless especially for something that will cost thousands of dollars nearing $10k and end up for sale “Like new with only 20 plays.”

#319 10 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Really, 3 flippers, no upper PF, likely Steve’s opus as rumor is he is retiring. Game will be awesome.

How many had to google opus? I did lol

#472 10 months ago

For those who already ordered site unseen hope you like it. I still don’t understand paying that much and no clue if it will look good let alone play good. I am a huge fan but no way in hell would I call a distributor and put myself down for a pin that is reaching near $10k for. LE and zero clues other than it’s a Led Zeppelin pin. I test drive my cars before I buy.

#564 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You should try listening to rock and roll , black dog and boogie with Stew , to name a few .

Also Misty Mountain Hop

#972 10 months ago

Going to keep my deposit towards EHOH and sit back and wait and see for gameplay and in hand impressions. I would not be happy buying an LE sight unseen and then seeing the reveal. I would regret it big time but just my opinion.

LZIII artwork should have been on the premium. It’s much better than LZI artwork. Wish the backglass was not just the LP cover. There’s no separation from the cabinet art work to the backglass and the color pallet used on the playfield is a huge contrast from the cabinet artwork.

Feels like two separate games art wise. Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC has great cohesion. Shame Led Zeppelin doesn’t have the same style of artwork on the cabinet that is on the playfield. Aerosmith cabinet art really pops and I love it, but not a big fan of the band.

I am a big fan of Zeppelin, but going to wait. I am not sure if will eventually go with pro or premium. Love the premium extras on the playfield, but the cabinet artwork on the pro with LZIII is so much better than LZI.

Really sucks. Get the pro and be happy with the artwork but miss the extras of the premium. Get the premium and be happy with the extras, but hate the artwork.

Unfortunately the translite on the premium is tied into the art on the side of the backbox so a custom could be possible but just will lack cohesion.

Man I had reservations about how this would turn out and still have them. Really disappointed with the cabinet artwork.

Only 10 songs is kinda of a letdown. Enjoyed Metallica, Aerosmith, and AC/DC. AC/DC is still one I would like to add someday to my collection because the songs kick a$$, but I was worried about Zeppelin’s songs not being on par for a pinball.

Just my opinion and trying to not be a stern or Zep fanboy and say it’s all incredible. I love pinball and Stern and new to the hobby, but just as far as what I see so far I would give it a 6/10 for excitement level and must buy.

Congrats to those who love it, but I am in no rush and definitely not a day 1 preorder. Now will wait for EHOH to be made next year and hopefully get a chance to play Zeppelin and see if it will be fun.

Still enjoying my BKSOR premium and Stranger Things pro is in the garage waiting for Christmas Day.

#1091 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Only Stern would make a big deal about what is a virtual kick back. That is now a feature? Lol.
Like all modern Sterns LZ looks fun but I'm not seeing enough features, mechs, and songs to justify the price tag.

Me either. Will wait and buy a gently used premium at some point. Not canceling my EHOH order.

So I predict a No Stairway sign as a mod from WW.

#1114 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In the mdwest we think Superman ice Cream
[quoted image]

Grew up on Ohio and Superman ice cream was one of my favorites!

#1195 10 months ago

I was more excited about GnR reveal than LZ and I am a big LZ fan, and a very casual GnR fan. I was very apprehensive about Stern being able to incorporate LZ into a pin art wise and music also and my expectations were not that high going in.

I do love the premium art blades with lights and playfield artwork. Preferred pro cabinet artwork at first, but now prefer the premium. Just not sure the price for NIB is worth it without playing. I really wanted to love this pin.

The LE looks horrible because it is such a drastic change from the pro and premium.

#1253 10 months ago
Quoted from EMDude:

The only place they'll be seen side by side is on Stern's homepage.

It still looks bad regardless if together or not. It will stand out in any collection and imo not in a good way. Love the band, not the pin. Watched GnR video again and that blew me away and I am not a huge GnR fan. Don’t like to compare the two but it’s almost impossible not to.

Led Zeppelin is a huge band and license, and expectations were high even if people tried not to get them there.

#1376 10 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...talk is really cheap and easy. Go express yourself in the GNR fan threads, not here, we don’t want to hear your bs.

Your talk is cheap also so what’s your point? It’s a pinball forum and all talk is cheap and just full of opinions. Yours is no better than anyone others. People need to vent let them. And people need to praise them so let them. If he wants to say express he prefers GnR over Zeppelin he has every right to.

Visually I prefer GnR LE much more than any of the LZ pins and I am a huge Zeppelin fan. Premium is one I will possibly eventually go with if I do purchase one, but it won’t be NIB. If both GnR and LZ played both well I would have to go with GnR LE. I feel it offers more bang for your buck and the art package is pretty damn good.

I do prefer the LZ playfield art of GnR, but GnR playfield offers so much more but yes at a higher price though. It does though give you that concert feel and look from what I can tell from videos anyway.

Will wait for gameplay reveal for LZ before I make up my mind fully on the overall package and hopefully get to play one in the wild. I do love BKSOR and I am still keeping an open mind, but the art package is a let down and the BG for pro and premium is just not doing it for me.

Just my opinion.

#1447 10 months ago

Playfield art still looks great to me but Icaruss on a stick is just I don’t know. No Jimmy’s 6 string guitar, or even Bonzo’s gong cymbal? They should have put that in so you could hit it like on AC/DC’s Hells bell. Could have been a stationary target to activate it and not even move or even copy it from AC/DC and have it swing.

#1550 10 months ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

I doubt it. Zeppelin actually released something this past decade.
/Celebration Day

#1552 10 months ago

Just stating when it was recorded for people who don’t know.

#1572 10 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Jack Danger said on his stream last night he thinks it's LE.

Wish was a premium since that will be the one the majority of HUO owners most likely will buy. I know premium and LE will play the same but would like to see the premium instead being showcased. But will be interesting to see how the LE artwork looks on video.

#1583 10 months ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Guarantee you they will at least lightly review the game inside and out before streaming gameplay.. especially with the criticism this $9k tub of rainbow sherbet is getting.

That’s why I was hoping it would be the premium because I want to see what the production art work is going to look like.

#1606 10 months ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Yes indeed, kind sir. I stand corrected..

Many want to and have forgotten about the Beatles pin. So not entirely your fault.

#1695 10 months ago

I feel like there are two different games meshed into one art wise for pro/premium. The cabinet album art is such a stark difference from the playfield and vice versa.

They should have kept the playfield colors muted and maybe go the route like was done with Centaur with black and white with some red thrown in.

I did art all through grade school, high school, and some college before joining the military. There is just no balance or cohesion in the art like you get with Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Metallica.

It’s like there was one artist for the cabinet and one for the playfield and both went in opposite directions and then someone stitched the two together.

I know art doesn’t effect gameplay positively or negatively, but these pins are so prominent in ones room they are looked at like a painting on a wall, or a nice piece of furniture. When I walk into my house and see Monster Bash and BKSOR premium it definitely is satisfying and adds something to the game and room for me.

Aerosmith art I just totally love. Great representation of the psychedelic 70’s and of the band. Art is subjective I know, but with LZ it just doesn’t work for me.

Should have been all black and white with some red and yellows for highlights on the Playfield to go with the cabinet or add the same color pallet from the current playfield to the cabinet. Just my opinion.

#1698 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya. Black and white worked great on munsters, cant give those away

The gameplay was the issue jackass with Munsters. Premium black and white munsters is sold out btw. The artwork on munsters BW premium was great but the game play was meh as is the code. Try to comprehend and keep up with what I was talking about. I was strictly talking about LZ from an art perspective which you apparently lack to see. People like you that are passive aggressive are pathetic.

#1708 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wow man relax. The black and white prem was a dud. The color version was a beautiful game, but was lackluster in play. Its ok, calm down

You just felt the need to be a smart ass and sorry if you don’t like me calling you out on it. I gave my opinion and you had to act like a child and a dick.

#1839 10 months ago
Quoted from coop:

Ahh shucks. It's true, the art is important to me. These things are expensive and they take up a bunch of space in my house. I want them to play well AND look cool.
I think what's tough about this one is that I had my hopes up for Star Wars and that was pretty bad on all accounts but I just shrugged it off. "You can't win ‘em all.", I told myself. It’s been twelve games since Star Wars and they have ALL looked amazing. Turtles is a fantastic game but it's not my era so when that one came and went I could appreciate the execution but it didn't resonate with me. However, now with Led Zeppelin it was finally my turn, my era, my nostalgia, and this time all the production kinks have been worked out. I don’t have to worry about an uninspired photoshopped Star Wars playfield or the infamous garishness of Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, what was delivered fell short. It's disappointing man. It kinda hurts to see the one pin you've really been wanting for not get the same attention to detail as the others. I’m still trying to process what went wrong.
I make my living designing things and I also rent my home as a photo location. Aesthetics are an important part of my life. With that said I still play an hour of pinball a day and I made it into the top 100 in California in 2019. I just wanted to make the point that you can comment on the look of a game but still be very interested in the actual game play. It's not one or another.
I'm still looking forward to playing it and would still consider swapping out the Capitan Fantastic in my music room. However, this moment, before we've seen the stream or played it in person, is to talk about the art. To be honest I'm grieving a little bit. I think others are as well and this is the only place where anyone would understand me. I'm not trying to cancel Led Zeppelin the pin before I’ve played it. I'm more just sharing my feelings about what I’ve seen so far.

I have an art background and what we are shown is pretty much the art of the game and that’s all we can pretty much comment out till gameplay videos and rules are explained.

And your right they take up a lot of space and I want them to play good and look good. I already mentioned they display like artwork but they take up space like furniture. I don’t want an expensive couch that is comfortable but looks like crap.

Cabinet artwork is now a thing that will be judged and scrutinized because it’s part of the overall package. We want a new car with a nice paint job and color besides it running well. It’s part of the design as is with pinball now.

If it didn’t matter than we would still have games only with a base coat and two stencils for graphics. Sorry, if I am spending $7k for a game I want it to look good also especially when we have themes we really love and have been waiting for like with Led Zeppelin.

#1848 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t mean it that way. You seem extremely upset about a pinball reveal. Just take a step back and try to enjoy it. At the end of the day it’s just a game. If it’s not for you it’s not for you. There’s always the next one.

But if you have been waiting for a pin of one of your favorite bands and your let down by the art work not so easy to wait just for the next one. Most likely will never see another Led Zeppelin pin again. So some of us are upset with the art direction that was taken.

#1953 10 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if mentioned yet, but some of the Led Zeppelin accessories have been released with pricing and pics. Tentative schedule for start of production is February 2021 for the accessories.
Topper: $850 plus shipping
Shooter Rod: $90 plus shipping
Armor: $250 plus shipping
Expression Lighting System for Pro Models (Standard on Prem & LE models) are not able to be ordered quite yet and pricing has not been released.
Shameless plug: We are taking orders now at flipnoutpinball.com or you can message us Thanks all!
[quoted image]

Topper definitely cheaper than I thought it was going to be. Hopefully stern makes a bunch so they don’t sell out immediately for those who are still waiting on purchasing.

#1966 10 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So $850 is cheap now? It’s a pretty lame effort as usual.
So glad I haven’t been sucked in to this whole topper obsession.

I honestly was expecting $1500 after seeing it, especially when EHOH topper was $1000 and JP was $699. I thought the LZ license was going to inflate the price north of $1000. Yeah $850 is a lot but cheaper than I was thinking. But I didn’t say $850 is cheap, just cheaper than I was expecting. Don’t put words in my mouth please.

#2070 10 months ago

Fast game but will try before I consider buying. Not a lot there for me and can see this getting redundant because after watching for a while it felt that way. EHOH deposit staying were its at.

Congrats to those who are happy, just lacking for me. Love Zeppelin but not the game as of now. Will play and hopefully will change my mind. Tilt Studios in Arizona is supposed to get a pro.

#2071 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I enjoy Stern games, currently own two of them including a Ghostbusters premium and considering purchasing AIQ. Have purchased several other Stern's as well over the years. If you don't want to read any criticism head over to the owners thread!

Agree.

#2166 10 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I don't understand why you feel the need to be so condescending and insulting. Come to SoCal and let's play some pinball. Let's talk about things we like or dislike, and talk together about why we like or dislike certain things about each game. I love to get pumped up for a title. at the same time, I can't pretend that certain releases are "awesome" just based on cool themes. Themes do matter, but for me, I always prefer a clever design with lastability in my home collection; not a generic layout over and over with a different theme. I am kinda bummed that SR seems to have "mailed it in" on a bunch of his games in the last decade. If you disagree with my opinion, that's alright with me. I respect your opinion if you think this game is a gem by Stern. I love stern pinball. I own two of their games. I am just bummed about this game because of the potential that I believe they did not maximize. Seriously, Led Zep could've been a masterpiece in the right hands. I mean, just look at what Elwin did with Maiden. Very few pinballers LOVE the Iron Maiden music/band, but it is very well received because the PF is cool and fun, the sound is really good, and the art is custom by ZY, who is an artist master IMO. I guess what I'm saying is that even if the theme is not uniformly LOVED, most home collectors will still like a game if it has good PF layout, art, and a good sound and voice package.
Also, how would it help me to understand your post/opinion if you type slower? whether you type 50 words per minute or 5 words per minute doesn't change the message you deliver on this forum. Also, I would appreciate if you wrote your post with a crayon and uploaded a picture for me. In fact, I would like to see your thoughts on the game generally, written in crayon on a legal pad.
What do you think about the game? do you like the PF design, the art, the features? If you do, why do you like those elements? Led Zep was big before my time, but I still like their music. I suppose I just was hoping for a better design and art package, and better, less generic art.

Fanboys response will be “You suck this pin is awesome!” You like me do feel let down by this. LZ is one of the most coveted licenses ever for a pinball game to many. I started collecting last year and I own 2 Sterns and have a deposit for EHOH.

I have been a LZ fan for decades and this just seems like a standard shooter for a standard license. LZ deserved so much more. I to love Iron Maiden layout and game. I would own one if I liked the band but I never did. It’s a music pin and for me to dish out money I have to be a fan of the band.

I also really like dead pool, but I am a DC fan more. I own BKSOR premium and it was my first Stern NIB purchase for me and I love it. Yes it’s a standard layout but for me it goes well with BK and BK2000 in layout and improves greatly on the artwork but still respects the history of the license to me.

Expectations were high for me because of the emotional attachment to the music of LZ, but I still tried to keep those expectations grounded to a wait and see. I was very worried Stern would be able to pull it off with the bands album artwork from a graphic design side.

Regardless if Sterns hands were tied by LZ, I myself was let down and this just doesn’t feel like a true LZ game to me. Metallica, IM, Aerosmith, and AC/DC feel like the bands game but LZ just feels like a pin with no feel or soul of the band TO ME. This is not as bad of a disappointment like the Beatles, but to me it is worse because I love Led Zeppelin and really wanted this to be great.

Just a pin with LZ clip art and their faces, LZ IV symbols and the Hindenburg pasted all over it, with Icaruss on a stick and here’s your LZ pin. If you like it fine, but there are many like me who are disappointed and artwork is important as is theme integration for one of the best bands of all time to many.

#2202 10 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Really simple for all the haters-If you do not like what Stern did for Led Zeppelin-DO NOT BUY IT
Stern is laughing at these threads and LZ is selling like HOT CAKES-I have confirmed this with several distributors.

Ok I will take your word for it FB

#2241 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With LZ, like Gary once said about Star Wars, "I could put a Star Wars wrapper on a box of lights and it would sell out".
No doubt LZ fans are gonna like an LZ pin.

Big LZ fan and not a big fan of this LZ pin. Still want a music pin in my collection at some point. Hoping for Queen to be done and done right.

#2277 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Corderoy was BIG in the 70s.

And popular in the early 80’s also lol. Went to Catholic grade school till junior high. Corderoy was king in junior high.

#2309 10 months ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Ugh... I had those f-ing sears pants that were so stiff you couldnt bend your legs. thanks mom.

I had to shop in the husky section at Sears lol.

#2315 10 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Growing up as an elementary school kid in the 70s I remember wearing the Sears corduroy pants and Sears NFL team sweatshirts that had colored sleeves. The pants were comfortable but we wore holes through them and then mom’s would iron on patches for the holes.

I had a Cleveland Browns one. Loved the nfl section for sure and also the Sears catalog at Christmas time showing the new Star Wars toys.

#2332 10 months ago

I forgot about the mini football helmets!! I had the whole set AFC and NFC. Thanks for sharing the pic and the memories coming back for me. I used that football helmet design and drew each team when I was like 5 years old.

#2333 10 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For toys it was always the Best Products catalogs for me.

Oh yeah!! That’s right! Me to

#2334 10 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

My Old Man bought Sears "Tough Skins" for me. If there were Levi's then, they must have been too expensive as I never had a pair. Tough Skins were stiff, but not really tough. When the knees invariably wore through, Sears also sold iron-patches, and they were just about inflexible, thanks to the thick layer of iron-on glue. Add the patches to the already stiff pants and you basically have chainmail. Oh, and they were either "flares" or bell-bottoms. "Boot cut" was temporarily out of fashion then.

02C7F6AD-6B5A-4CFC-8E6D-E32C9654C527 (resized).jpeg

I miss the 70’s

#2336 10 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This screams 70s/80s Sears.[quoted image]

Hell yeah it does

#2337 10 months ago

Christmas time toy catalogs ruled in the 70’s and 80’s

CA12263E-1845-4B70-96FE-59974CB84F83 (resized).jpeg
#2338 10 months ago

To get back to pinball but still on memory lane lol 8 tones and tunes for that rock concert feel. Can’t really complain about modern music pins now.

D9003587-6D32-4654-94A5-009ACD970B5D (resized).jpeg

#2390 10 months ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Oh dead God. I think I had the green suit for church.

HA! Love hate relationship with the fashion for sure. Also wood paneling and shag carpet.

#2428 10 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

100% agree. the soul is missing from this pin. pretty cool side art lighting, and an interesting mech, but man, after watching that gameplay vid, I was probably more disappointed by the release than I was before. IMO, to use the same art for cabinet as for the backglass is not acceptable in this day and age, or in any day and age for pinball. I don't think that's ever been done in pinball history. It's a real bummer

Soulless is a great way to put it. Putting the same artwork is definitely a first I believe. Having the same artwork on all parts of the cabinet for the premium is no excuse. I always tell my kids if your going to do a job you do it right the first time. This just doesn’t feel like a finished pin. Pro translite is at least a little bit different, but still feels cheap and not well thought out.

Can’t put an alternate translite in on the premium because it the backbox artwork is a continuation from the translite. Doubt anyone will make a cabinet decal set and shouldn’t even have to even consider doing that for a new pin.

I just wish more effort was put into this. I was really looking forward to this and was a dream pin for me. I did keep my expectations low but it is still is a disappointment and LZ deserves a better representation than a fast SR shooter.

EHOH is a great pin and a great representation of Elvira and her franchise from gameplay, artwork, layout, shots, and code. I wish LZ was better so I could transfer my $1000 deposit for Elvira for LZ.

#2582 10 months ago

[comments removed]

So yeah people are going to bitch about the artwork and laziness they see in a pinball game they have been waiting for for a long time that cost near $6000 and up which is still a lot of money for a game that they feel is not up to the their standards or expectations.

I am let down by the release of LZ because yes this was a grail theme for me and many others. The premium rinse and repeat artwork is just lazy and beginner art illustration freshman year at art school. If I handed this in to my freshman year illustration professor I would be lucky to get a C+ for the cabinet design.

I would have been happy to see the zeppelin used as a ball lock like on BKSOR catapult shot versus just a virtual lock with the zeppelin just thrown on top of a ramp. Would have been a rehash but would still be a great shot off of the upper flipper.

If your happy with it great and hope you enjoy it. Hopefully will be able to play it on location pending another retarded lockdown.

#2600 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s GNR. LZ is meant to play like a set list. Start it and it keeps going until you drain. Next ball start at any point in the set list and start again. If you complete a song during your ball it goes to the next song in the list right away.

Wonder if that will be changed so to allow the player to choose the next song vs it automatically going to the next? I am not thrilled with this release but I am going to wait till I play it before I make up my mind fully.

I just don’t know at this point if I will buy one or not. Love LZ and that’s keeping me from not keeping an open mind still open. I love BKSOR premium so that’s why I still have interest in LZ.

1 week later
#2686 9 months ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

hmmm, I was expecting to see channels cut on the inner side of the cabinet for the blade lighting. I wonder how the upgrades will be done?

Wondering that myself

#2688 9 months ago

So what price do you think will the lighted panels will cost? $279 like ST UV kit? Liking the pro artwork a bit more.

#2691 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think these machines are going to look way better in person, something is always off with those on the Stern site, almost look fake/photo shopped.
$279 would be a reasonable price.

The pics definitely look photoshopped like you said. I was not super thrilled with the artwork but seeing pics from owners i am liking it more. LE still not a fan of. Now need to see the premium and peoples take on gameplay of both.

#2714 9 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks like a “the pin” level game

Playfield look wise I can definitely see that. Sucks Steve and company had their hands tied with this pin, assuming anyway.

#2836 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who cares?
Seems like that shot is pretty easy to make with the other two flippers.

Then why have the 3rd flipper then if the ramp is pretty much make able by the other two flippers? Some people do care to have a flipper in the game that actually works and not there just for the sake of having it there or to just hit three drop targets that can be easily made with the other two flippers.

Sorry but many people hated on BKSOR and I own a premium and love it, but for me BKSOR art and overall design for me works and makes sense. And with the topper it’s a site to see and plays great IN MY OPINION.

I just don’t see the need for a 3rd flipper here and LZ just doesn’t get me excited to want to play or own. I will play on location if one turns up in Arizona, but how is SR LZ layout getting much praise where as BKSOR got a lot of hate?? I am new to pinball and loved BK pro but played the premium and had to have the upper playfield, LZ premium I don’t feel the need to have the rising spinner.

But I need to play it first. But BK is just a beautiful game and fun. Hopefully I am wrong about LZ.

EBEC6115-A67D-46A3-8032-E6A6F773082B (resized).jpeg
#2853 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So where’s the hype? This thread of is no longer on fire!
Next Stern {Elwin} Godzilla or BTTF, {Eddy} Jaws or {Ritchie} My Little Pony?

Godzilla is coming.

#3021 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Well my son says where's the rest of the stuff on the playfield. My wife said she liked diner better and we're selling it. I'm still debating I've only put on about 12 games.
It's not looking good right now it plays super fast but like my son stated it is quite barren.
I am not saying it's another monsters the songs are good the sounds are good but I at this point do not think it's a keeper.

This is my concern also. Great to play on route but does it have legs to stay in a collection for even six months? It’s just so barren for a modern day pinball.

I really wanted to love this pin even before I saw it, but I was worried if Stern would be able to pull it off art wise or playing. I am sure it will play fun, but for how long?

GnR art wise JJP hit it out of the park. I was really considering getting one but not a big huge GnR fan other than Appettite and Illusions. The LE looks amazing but the heavy MB I don’t care for. But I want to play it at some point but doubt will buy because getting EHOH hopefully and Godzilla. EHOH is just a great game and deep.

I am a big LZ fan but with the barren playfield and just a spinner, rising spinner, and four ramps on the premium and good songs is just not enough to spend over $7500 for it NIB. Pro is cheaper but you lose the rising spinner, a ramp, and lights in an all ready sparse playfield.

#3023 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Premium or LE was the only way to go, I knew this the first second I saw it. Too many significant things missing.
Can’t wait to get my LE.
I’m sure the Pro will do well for operators when and if business gets crankin again.

Hopefully business’s will be able to open up. Don’t want this stupid shutdown crap end up shutting down arcades. How much more can owner operators take staying closed. Premium is definitely the way to go but can’t justify the cost. I hope you enjoy your LE. Post pics when you can.

#3059 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Stern got it right, light shows and toys are for bands that you need to distract people from the now unwatchable lead singer."
Lol that is the most ridiculous comment I've ever read about justifying an empty playfield in a $6k - $9k+ game. Wow. I hope that Zeppelin blimp is made out of solid silver considering the games price and little else being on the playfield.
In all seriousness I think LZ looks cool but just wish Stern could better justify their price tags with more toys and features similar to that being offered by the competition. I do look forward to getting a chance to play LZ.

Totally agree that saying Stern got it right is the epitome of a fan boy statement with no objectivity at all. It is barren with four ramps, two spinners with one rising, drop targets, Icarus on a stick, and three pop bumpers. And the call outs makes me think it’s ready for tea time and biscuits.

I am sure it’s fun but no way is it worth $7600 for the premium to me and the pro is too stripped to even consider. Regardless if Sterns hands were tied or not by LZ, it is still a bare bones pin with LZ music. Iron Maiden, Metallica, and AC/DC was done right IMO and IM the best of the bunch play wise but wish I loved the band because if it’s a music based pin I have to love the band.

I love LZ but not enough to buy it unfortunately. I was really excited for this pin but fell short big time. I look forward to hopefully playing it one day but can’t fork over that much money on a fast shooter that I haven’t played. Hopefully can play it and code comes through.

#3075 9 months ago

Personally Stern made no advancement or anything ground breaking on LZ. LZ is definitely more iconic than GnR but LZ just doesn’t have the wow factor the band deserves. GnR definitely nailed the theme and bringing their music to the game IMO.

AC/DC pin looks and feels like an AC/DC pin. LZ feels like a standard SR pin with LZ art, a silver Zeppelin, and an Icarus on a stick unfortunately.

A music pin like LZ deserves more regardless if Stern was limited or not with the license. I have to imagine there are many GnR fans who are happy with what JJP put out than what Stern gave us for LZ.

I am new to pinball and love it and own 3 Sterns BKSOR, ST, and Stern Dracula out of 8 I own since August of 2019 and have a deposit for EHOH so not a JJP fan boy or Stern hater.

But really is what you like and I guess people like me just are venting and disappointed that LZ is nothing special and seems a step down from pins like AC/DC and Iron Maiden. We wanted more and for the cost deserved more for a pin of one of the greatest rock bands ever.

I don’t see LZ holding real value or future desirability over the long haul or a future vault edition, but I could be wrong. It’s all opinion no matter what side of the fence your on.

Going to Tilt Studios for my 50th birthday and hopefully they have LZ there so I can stop complaining about the look of it and see how it plays. Still keeping my mind open, but doubt will buy a premium NIB. Enough just isn’t there to justify the price for me.

Sorry if I offended anyone in my prior post. So much crap going on in the country and the world.

1 week later
#3244 9 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stranger Things just coded the shaker...a year later. Gotta be patient.

And the shaker code update is simply awesome for ST. ST is definitely an awesome game IMO and doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.

#3303 9 months ago

There’s a pro near Los Angeles for sale on Craigslist for $6199 with upgraded speakers and light kit if anyone is interested. It’s not mine btw.

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#3305 9 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If they were priced along the lines of the uv kit in st, I might have bit on them, but $450 is a bit much. Like chuckwurt said, better to just get the premium. Looks like mirror blades it will be for me.

$449 is definitely a bit much. Guess stern saw how much Pinstadiums cost and went for the same price. Mirror blades will definitely help and of course be a lot cheaper. And agree with you and what chuckwurt said, might as well get the premium. Hopefully get to play a pro soon. One at Electric Bat Arcade here in Arizona.

#3306 9 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks like speaker lights not the side cab lights

Those haven’t shipped yet, so they just added some color LEDs apparently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside