E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#699 3 years ago

I know this is the hype thread, but I'm super disappointed with the art. Especially the playfield. The cabinet art on the pro is decent and the premium seems borderline fake. The side art is decent though. Very curious to see more of the LCD screen in action later today.

#709 3 years ago

The Icarus toy really makes me think of Ritchie's Elvis

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

See? This is why art is subjective. I love the art, cabinet AND playfield. I'm glad they stuck to the iconic images we have in mind when we think of Zep. I was afraid of a cartoony Aerosmith approach.

I'm fine with iconic images, but the images just seem barfed onto the playfield with little consideration for how the art elements are placed with playfield elements/inserts. And then lots a giant sunburst and some color gradients to fill in the rest.

Steve Ritchie does not seem to really care that much about what his games look like. I'd say most of his work at Stern has poor to mediocre art, except Black Knight

#899 3 years ago

I feel like if it had Stairway to Heaven then they would advertise having it.

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I know I may be clearly in the minority but I actually think Stairway does not make for a good pinball song. May be reason they left out

I agree with you that the song doesn't fit pinball, at least without a ton of work.

But I would guess the reason it was left out is that the song costs as much as half of the other songs combined.

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Surely there are lots of popular bands (popular enough to sell a few thousand games isn't the highest bar to cross really) that would be stoked to be immortalized in a pinball and wouldn't send their lawyers to quibble over everything. If I was in a rock and roll band and Stern came calling I'd be asking them if they could fit MORE songs in the game, and sending over my favorite artist to do the packages. Maybe that's just me, but there have to be other musicians with that kind of spirt.

Part of the problem is you gotta get the designer on board with the theme. Steve Ritchie ain't getting hyped to make [removed] the pinball machine.

The other issue is rock is kinda dead? Unless they feel like mining 90s rock. Do people really want a Pearl Jam pin? Maybe a Foo Fighters...

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Rage against the Machine ... would have a certain flair to it.... and the name of the band would be ironic for a pinball machine

I'd be into that one as well

RATM has been on my mind. I'm doing a homebrew project and while thinking of themes I keep circling back to possibly picking Run the Jewels. Zack de la Rocha does a lot of collaborating with them.

Of course there is an extreme irony considering what RATM stands for and being put on a nearly $9,200 luxury toy

But back to Led Zeppelin...it's fine. I'm happy for those that like it. I'm planning to buy a game next year, but this one ain't it.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Designer? Software coder?
Thanks

Steve Ritchie and Tim Sexton. They did BK SOR together.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

5. Cross body plunge set up well for a skill shot. Most plunge through the orbit today, this is different like a lot of older data easts.
6. There is a second switch in the shooter lane… why?

5. Steve Ritchie loves cross playfield plunges. They are on many of his games

6. I bet the ball can fall back in for another skill shot, like on Elvis.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have nothing but respect for The King. I'm not trying to push him out the door to retire.
But ...
Maybe it's time for some younger designers who want some [removed] to do some band games?
Nothing wrong with Led Zeppelin as a theme. It's a little old man, but a little timeless, just like pinball. And maybe pinball isn't ready for a Young Thug pin. But there's gotta be a lot in between. What's the 'youngest' band to get a pinball? Rob Zombie I guess?

Yeah, I don't want to sound ageist...but Keith Elwin is the youngest head designer and he's almost 50. He at least has a lot of fresh ideas because he hasn't been doing pinball design his whole professional career.

Rob Zombie, Primus, and GnR all formed roughly the same time but got popular at very different times.

#986 3 years ago

I wonder how long ago Stern started planning the side rail lights. Just interesting GNR and LZ have a similar feature in such a short time span. I would think Stern was working on it before the GNR reveal, but it'd be funny if they spent the last two months cramming it in there.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

btw, there is some BS about no drops on the pro and less multi balls - pretty sure that isn't the case. Sometimes the amount of fabrication on this forum esp on the hype threads is irritating.

There is one less multiball on the pro. This is confirmed in the Stern feature matrix. The center toy isn't present or compensated for in the pro, so its multiball is entirely missing.

#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They take completely different approaches to getting the lighting... Speaking of which... I wonder how Stern did that? GNR has the ligthing on the playfield shinning up. Stern has theirs drilled into the wood. I am guessing there is a second chanel below the glass with a string of lights in it with the chanel simply covered up by the decal. Will be interesting to see how they actually did it.

Yeah I'm actually surprised with their implementation. It seems more complicated from a quick glance and I'd like to know more.

Looking at this screenshot really close, you can see a long line seam along the side below the lights. I'm guessing the lights are in a plastic assembly that slides into the side. And I guess they cut a channel in the sidewall of the cabinet to make space for it?

Screen-Shot-2020-12-15-at-9.36.57-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-12-15-at-9.36.57-AM (resized).png

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

"Only 500 Limited Edition games will be made for sale throughout the world. This limited version includes an exclusive Icarus themed full color mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, custom high gloss Paradise Shimmer Blue powder-coated armor, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball glass, a shaker motor, and a sequentially numbered plaque."
Whose autograph is on the LE ?

Just Steve Ritchie.

I liked on Elvira HOH LE/SLE they had 4 people sign it (designer, artist, coder, lead engineer).

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Something that I haven't seen brought up yet:
"Exclusive Brendon Small character speech"
Sounds like he's a comedian/musician known for Dethklok. Could be interesting.

He's been doing voice callouts for Stern for years. Sometimes additional music like BK SOR

#1057 3 years ago

I hope the best for Tim Sexton and his code ideas. The TWIP article mentions some new ideas with how they want to integrate modes, songs, lightshows and how to coordinate all the elements.

My biggest issue with music pins is best demonstrated by ACDC. I don't necessarily want the song and the mode to be tied together, particularly on a game like this where I don't want to own one and will mostly only play it in a competitive format. I like that the song doesn't matter on Iron Maiden. And oh brother if the songs are in a set order.... At the same time, I do really wish that there was a better orchestration between the different elements.

It's a tough position to be in.

I didn't think BK SOR was incredible, but I did think it was a solid game rules wise with some nice lighting effects. So I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be a solid competitive game.

#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Having the ball immediately kick back is a lot more satisfying to me than the ball sadly dying, then waiting for another to be kicked into the shooter lane, then kicked again into the playfield (not to mention the removal of a unique ball path)...

This is the point you start playing the coil counting game and figure out which coil you remove elsewhere to put in a kickback. (Maybe tie two of the pops together like on Star Wars The Pin? That frees up a transistor for a kickback)

Monday morning quarterbacking on a Tuesday afternoon!

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I heard a rumor that if you play the modes backward you can hear satanic messages in the background.

If there was a mode that was completed by doing a sequence of shots, there should be a secret satanic jackpot for knowing the shot order and performing it backwards during that particular mode.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

At least they have multiple uses. The ball save targets are also used for one of the band members.
Not quite the 3 drops mastery Elwin did with AIQ, but some of these young guns are coming up with some good ideas to maximize the limited BOM these games have.

It's basically the same shot to relight the kickback on No Fear on the left side this time...but now it does two things!

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

In the Tim Sexton interview today on Pinball Profile he commented that there was over 50 minutes of music on the pin. Taking the ten tracks that we know of based on the their album time, it only equals just under 46 minutes. Is there another song hidden in the wizard mode?

Could be rounding up. Or it’s just some filler music to play when a Zeppelin song isn’t actively playing.

It doesn’t make sense to hide music. It’s a selling point to have the songs.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Blue one looks better than any of those. Not sure why people don’t think it works. There’s some blue on the backbox, and blue works with yellow & red.

I can say...I was not expecting what I saw for the art packages on all three models. It was a lot to take in at once. And I know I defaulted to how I don’t like certain complementary color combinations like orange and blue.

But now it’s starting to grow on me. I still don’t love it, but I wasn’t going to buy one either way.

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What will happen is someone from Stern will send you a polite note asking you to please stop. They're obligated to protect the license. A couple under the table? Sure nobody will care if it's kept quiet. Take out ads and start new threads to advertise it? Probably get that note.

I’m guessing you got a note after Star Trek?

Did anyone care about The Shadow? Heck who even owns that IP

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Don't let Rick from cgc see your homemade wms Shadow Translite that you sale on pinside
Or do you pay him royalties.

I might be mistaken, but he doesn’t own The Shadow IP so idk what he would claim is infringing on his rights.

But something like a TOTAN alternate translite, he has the IP to that

#1556 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also kind of lame that Tim is giving Dwight credit for Co-op mode. That is 100% from spooky with TNA

Tim could be reusing code Dwight wrote and/or helped him designing his own implementation.

He didn’t say Dwight invented it did he?

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is how it came off. All credit for co-op being cool and he wish he knew how cool it would be from Dwight/turtles earlier in his programming of zeppelin
The rest of us paying attention know it was cool when Scott brought it to life w TnA.

Scott did create it, but don’t deny Dwight greatly expanded on the idea on TMNT

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Players 1-3 can pick different turtles and strategically setup big opportunities for the next player.
Also if one player gets to a mini wizard mode like team up, it will be lit for the next player too so they can play it as well.
Probably more, but I can’t remember

And also other options like teams and 3 v 1

But yeah. There is a whole strategic element that opens up with turtle powers, the order of turns/turtles, and player skill level being paired with a particular turtle.

TNA co-op was an amazing new feature. TMNT greatly fleshed out the concept of team play

But ultimately it just sorta rubbed me the wrong way of Whysnow trying to add drama or some slight to an innocuous comment. Like come on. He’s just being nice to his coworker.

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sega / Stern has co-op scoring well before Scott. 2 players on each team and it combined the scores.

Not really co-op. No progress is shared between players. Just makes it more convenient than doing some simple math

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I understand your point. But to proclaim that Scott is the first to ever conceive of co-op / team is just wrong.

Name a game where you share progress among players before TNA

Progressive jackpots maybe a distant relative to co-op. Lock stealing is taking advantage of other players.

#1597 3 years ago

What bothers me about the art is how the assets are just dropped in place without much regard to the inserts. Or that inserts couldn’t be moved to make the art more cohesive

It’s stuff like how pictures of the band are partly intruded by inserts with no real blending. Or how the zeppelin is the focal point of the play field and the inserts around it are just laid out in the most unimaginative way.

The slingshots are barely decorated for f sake

#1614 3 years ago

I grabbed a quick photo of a JPop game as an example

DD4B62B8-C305-4395-9EF0-15C317BE2595 (resized).jpegDD4B62B8-C305-4395-9EF0-15C317BE2595 (resized).jpeg

Look at how the princess lights up in the bottle insert. It’s telling a story with art. There is subtle to elaborate details in all of the inserts. The genie letters are fanned out.

And there are Stern games that do excellent work with inserts. Yeti and Franchi have done excellent work with them

On this it looks like it’s that hermit guy on most on the arrow inserts. No variation. It’s boring

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It appears to mostly hit the icarus target. I wish it lined up with the ramp instead.

I thought I heard Jack Danger said he could rip the spinner into the center ramp.

I’m mostly looking forward to seeing the center ramp shot made from the upper flipper. There’s a rubber wall right next to the center ramp above the side ramp/standup target. I guess it’s supposed to be like the snikt bank shot into a ramp.

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Makes sense and probably why it’s never been done

That and the business model doesn’t work. They sold millions of plastic instruments in the hey day. They sell around five thousand of a single title if it’s really popular.

A $3 song with millions of possible buyers. For a unit with a few thousand possible buyers, it would need to be like $500 a song. And that’s assuming it’s cheap to make new tracks on a semi regular basis.

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

On an announcement, theme is the most important.
On a reveal, art is the most important.
On a stream, game play is the most important.
At home, fun and code are the most important.
Of course this is all reductive, but so far we are at Step 2 and art is the main real thing we have to comment on.

And we really need to get to a stream because the art is anti hype

#1771 3 years ago

The Beatles is a tough license by all accounts. The inserts on it are well blended into the other elements. Some are even decorated like records and the kick drum is a giant insert that flashes to the beat.

I’m only an outsider looking in. I’m sure Led Zeppelin were not the best business partners Stern has worked with. But the art is bad no matter how much I try to rationalize and sympathize with the people stuck with making an art package for a band that lacked a lot of visual identity

Heck months ago in some other thread I was wishing whatever artist the best of luck with this theme. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/211#post-5904637

I’m really curious what the LCD is going to look like. The few pieces so far haven’t been too encouraging.

It is what it is

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Yeah, for the pro model that is $6500..

Is the art really that bad or have we changed? I laughed at my 18 year old many a morning seeing what mishmash of colors he was wearing. Joke was on this guy- all his friends were looking like that LE. Maybe the clash of colors will draw in the under 30s.

I’m mostly complaining about stuff like the playfield art, the cabinet art is uninspired and repetitive, the pop bumpers caps are the same thing, the sling shots are practically blank, etc

Stuff like the blue armor color clash is the least of my criticism.

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I like unicorn JPJ!
[quoted image]

That one bothers me more than any other. Just move the damn circle and photo. There’s plenty of room in that area.

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Art is at the bottom of my list of how I rate games. Nothing is lower. Some of the greatest games I’ve ever played look like absolute hell.
Someone said it really well before. You got the people that care how a game looks, and the others that care how a game plays.
I like to play them. .

Yeah but lots of other recent Sterns have looked way better than this.

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not really understanding what you mean by “how the inserts cover up art haphazardly “

When I look at the Star Wars art package, I see areas of art that blend with inserts and using inserts to mark out areas of art/story.

Look at the center and how the major mode hot dog and square inserts frame a center area with the main characters portraits above their associated inserts. Outside each mode insert is an area of art related to that specific mode.

Inserts up to the Death Star Ramp use the green laser blast to help guide the player to the shot, and then two iconic characters of opposite alignments are split along it. Their own lightsabers going towards shots.

Granted Star Wars is a story. They have lots of visual cues to work with.

But Led Zeppelin is just whatever. We get blimps, Icarus, and a few hermit logos. Other music pins have done better

And just to say, I’m not mad. I’m not saying the game is trash. I love pinball. It looks like a fun layout. I just want them to be the best. I enjoy trying to discuss and explain specific areas. I’m not just shitting on it to be mean. I’m genuinely a bit disappointed as a pinball nerd. (That’s right, I went full disappointed parent)

I’ll forward to seeing how it shoots. The upper flipper shots look fun.

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Found this quote on arcadeheroes.com:
"Pro cabinet sides are pre-cut to allow installation of an accessory Expression Lighting System, available in February."
Great news for those of us wanting a pro.

I wonder if it’ll be a standard option on all game cabinets going forward

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I kind of hope the Stern lights don't put Pinstadium out of business. They are the greatest in customer service and truly value their customer.
I'll also put in a good word for Pinnovator's in case you want your LZ to kick butt.

Still hundreds of thousands of existing games for them to go into.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

One thing I don’t understand about this DMCA stuff, why is it that people can still have videos on YouTube such as ACDC pinball? What is the difference between live stream and saved video?

Twitch is only starting to enforce DMCA so it’s very draconian. Youtube has done it longer and is better about fair use appeals and either demonetizing videos or sending the monetization to the rights holder. But it seems like they’re cracking down more too as of late.

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why can’t the stream be demonetized? I don’t understand making money on streaming the promotion of a product. Also, since Stern had the rights to sell and market this licensed product, shouldn’t they be able to do a streaming on their own website without breaking the law?

The law hasn’t keep up with technology and the way modern people consume media.

#2351 3 years ago

I watched the stream the other day

They did a much better job with the LCD screen than I anticipated. The live footage quality is about what I expected, but the rainbow acid drip art adds a lot of style. That said, the animations seemed sparse overall (maybe a minutes worth total). And of course it’s mostly just a bunch more Zeppelins.

I couldn’t really follow along too much with the rules, but I’m sure the colored arrow inserts are simple enough to follow.

The expression lighting effects were neat, but the choreography wasn’t always obvious (music sounded like crap on most of the stream which may be why. They should really just make a whole new video)

The center toy is ok. Not very Led Zeppelin but it’s different. I liked Tim’s rules for starting a it’s MB. Hope to see it utilized in more interesting ways as code matures.

I don’t like games with complicated multiplier rules. These seem complicated on a surface level, but they didn’t seem overly powerful. So it strikes a balance of its there if you want to engage with it.

Tim pointed out the symbols of the band flash when you hit their respective areas to build them up, so you know who is what. I’ve said a lot about the blandness of the art, but it’s another way the art could have been better. Put pictures of the band member near their targets instead of just randomly on the playfield. But whatever. Dead horse

The shots look fast and fun. It’s a Steve Ritchie game. He knows how to make a fast and open playfield

Didn’t see anyone make the center ramp from the upper flipper or sweep the drops.

Overall it seems fine. It’ll definitely play better than it looks. I’m still a bit disappointed though.

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

The burden of clearance and legal falls on the content creator that is using the copyrighted material for their gain. Not the other way around.

The problem is lazy and overly broad enforcement. It doesn't matter if they're using it legally. The platform holder tools do not allow the level of nuance that the creators are legally entitled to. (And they're all at different experience levels. Amazon/Twitch is by far the worst because they're only recently getting serious about enforcement, so they've been the most draconian)

There are millions of hours of content to police. It's just some simple bots constantly scanning everything. The platformer holders err on the side of it's better to take down content creators stuff and inconvenience them than to risk being sued by media companies.

It's very much a "kill them all and let god sort them out" type solution.

#2540 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

If you create media, go through the proper clearance and legal, and host these yourself at your expense, there should be zero problems from a copyright standpoint.
I guess I'm not seeing the problem. Which, if I am now seeing clearly, seems like people are running their business content through YouTube or Facebook etc. This seems flawed from the start in my opinion. I know people are doing it all the time, but don't be surprised when the rug is pulled out from under you at their discretion.

Correct, it's because they're not hosting it themselves. They're using Amazon/Google/Facebook services and tools. They're subject to how those companies comply with the law, and they all have differing standards and methods. The only commonality is they all have poor solutions considering the size of the problem.

And I agree to some degree. It's foolish to try to build yourself up through those companies or to become overly reliant on them, because they don't care about you and have so much control over your work with little recourse. But it's also incredibly expensive to host videos, especially live videos with a chat system and a robust monetization system with a built-in large audience. That's why it's so tempting to use the platformers in exchange for giving up a lot of control. (And since Jack Danger is Stern's main social media person, and he's fully bought into Twitch, it's not surprising that Twitch has been the preferred platform for Stern until now)

All that said Stern needs to just be better about making and hosting videos on their own website.

This problem has been on the horizon for a long time and isn't about to get fixed soon. Streaming has been a legal gray area for a while. I know for years video game podcasts I listen to have been questioning when the the legality of streaming would really hit the fan. The industry already had a weird relationship with streamers, but now their licensing and business partners want their taste of the streaming pie and to argue about what actually is and isn't being licensed (and what it will cost).

#2545 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Well there you go. It sounds like Stern needs to do proper legal and host their own commercial demos for their 6-10K products.

To be clear, I like the streams and having a chance to ask questions out of the creative team.

But I'm also not running the company...I'd have them do pre-produced videos explaining the rules with proper audio/video outs. Something like Tim Sexton explaining rules and showing cuts of gameplay relevant to what's being discussed. Keith and Randy Elwin did great tutorial videos back in the day: example

I think Stern needs a video like that for every one of their games. The community fills in the gap, so I get why Stern doesn't feel like they need to spend the resources. But it would be nice. They had started the "Sharpshooter Pro" or whatever series on Stern Insider, and it never went anywhere after a single stream a year ago.

#2557 3 years ago

Yeah I was bummed out. I lost my internet connection for a second and lost the whole FB feed

Regardless, Stern needs to figure it out for their next game in a couple months. The issue isn’t going away for a while

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is pretty sad.
These agreements between manufacturers and Licensors should allow for a short grace period where they can show off and market the game on their own streaming site.
This doesn’t really address the hobby side of the issue but these mfg’s are really handcuffed if they can’t show their games.

If I’m not mistaken all advertising materials have to be individually approved. That’s how they have pre produced videos ready to go with the rest of the advertisements, all dropped at a negotiated time and date. Streaming a reveal isn’t explicitly covered by that and it’s its own negotiation and cost. And then there is the issue of does the licensor even know how to negotiate those rights, if they even fully understand what is being negotiated.

This is all new frontier for the recording industry which has routinely rejected particular advancements in technology because they cut into the bottom line

And you’d still run into the problem that Facebook/Amazon/Google all have varying levels of success of allowing a company like Stern to legally stream what they’re allowed to. Hell movie studios sometimes accidentally DMCA themselves, and those are billion dollar corporations that are driving most of these decisions.

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have never streamed before so I really don’t know what’s going on here. Why all of the sudden is this a problem? We have seen tons of streaming of new pinballs. What’s happened here?

Basically Twitch didn’t give a fudge about the law, and the RIAA (who represents most music artists and drive anti-piracy measures) hadn’t really put the heat to them. That was until this year.

Twitch was basically like, oh shit. Delete everything! We’re just Amazon, a plucky upstart company with few legal resources! We’ll figure this out later, best of luck till then streamers!

They simply lack a mechanism for a user to argue for their fair use rights to be respected. They rather throw the user under the bus than deal with their legitimate issues.

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

manufacturers could start making pinball machines that do not feature recorded music or movie clips.
seriously. add an option to the programming that replaces licensed movie clips with placeholder graphics/animations. add an option to the programming that allows adjusting licensed music/callout volume as low as zero. have an option that substitutes a rhythm/accompaniment that plays each songs chord progression - no melody, no lyrics. chord progressions are not subject to copyright.

Works for most people streaming for fun, but not JJP and Stern who want to show off everything in the games they’re selling.

It’s really bad timing too. GnR and LZ are not only music pins, but they’re both trying synchronize that music with the machine in new ways that won’t come across with muted music.

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Noticed in the stream that they may have adjusted the artwork from the press materials. Particularly the portraits of the band members appear to have shifted around. Hooray! No more unicorn JPJ!
Press materials top / Stream bottom[quoted image][quoted image]

I doubt they had time to make those changes and build the game between reveal and steam. Buts it good someone at some point noticed the unicorn thing

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Filming live? What time?
Guess LE’s are on the line now if he got one?

It’s probably just a sample game. A lot of his games are preproduction units, sometimes with little very differences than final retail games.

No way Stern is letting him borrow one of 500 LEs to death save on.

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So what price do you think will the lighted panels will cost? $279 like ST UV kit? Liking the pro artwork a bit more.

I bet it’ll be about twice that. Pinstadium set the market price. These are even more elaborate and capable than that.

#2722 3 years ago

The LCD screen seems very underutilized. Rarely is it telling the player what to do or offering any guidance. Compare it to some other games where the screen has useful information (granted some players never look up, but it doesn’t change the fact it is sparse compared to other Stern games)

The game is just shoot the flashing arrows and make a few combos to build up a playfield multiplier. Sometimes a tour will offer some side objectives to work on

Also...can a player just trap up for 50 minutes or whatever and get to the wizard mode? You won’t build up values or anything. But it would be amusing if this is a game a player can get to the wizard mode with only a single flipper button press. This isn’t me being negative. More of an observation.

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Game is at .91 code. Let's give it some time, hopefully more to come

They’re the ones who release games too early and leave bad impressions with people like me. Shrug

There are a few Stern games that I thought were rubbish the first few months they were out. Some of them I like now years later, and some still stink IMHO. Just hoping for the best and being grateful for whatever they do is how standards get lower.

It just felt like Stern was getting so much better about shipping games that were close to feature complete, especially after COVID slowed down the line for a bit.

1 week later
#3131 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I will say I’m much more impressed with the hot rails at this time. But we shall see how LZ shapes up with their lighting. It did seem like it was sound reactive like cheapo apps you can get for led strips while the hot rails are choreographed just like an actual concert’s lighting.
Any type of light rail or concert lighting is better than none though.

That’s the vibe I get when I try to watch the choreography between the lights and music

Or maybe the did a pass through a program to get a basic light show started and they’ll slowly hand tweak it when they get to the polishing stage. They still got a lot more to program in.

1 week later
#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm glad you didn't either. Made it easier for me to get one.

It’s a Stern. Unless you wanted a LE they’re not hard to get if you have any semblance of patience.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got the LE. And I was just busting balls.

Ah yeah. That’s cool. Hope you enjoy it

#3275 3 years ago

I hope Brian Eddy is still at Stern working on a spiritual successor to Shadow. Despite the theme, The Shadow is Eddy’s best game.

#3308 3 years ago

They cost about what I thought they would

People just see a strip of LEDs and a sticker. They're really discounting the software development and the unique integration with the game.

Also Pinstadium has basically established the market value of these sorta things. At least these do a lot more with a lot less work on the end users part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.