E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Well we’re now at Step 3. So we can talk about game play and move on from the meh art... and game play looks crazy freaking awesome! Flow flow flow. Raised spinner looks fun to rip. Light show looks incredible! (And I have a GNR and love it too). Yay 2020 pinball!
I know we’re not supposed to talk politics but I’m voting opto spinners for President in 2024.

I can't say I agree 100% on the flow... it does flow dont get me wrong but it was brick city on the posts around that spinner. Just an observation unless I need my eyes checked. Will be interesting to flip.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They said it was designed to be a tight shot and not a gimme.

Knowing why the shot is what it is doesn't make the shot any better or reduce the bricking I observed from it. That said it is a cool mech how it captures the ball.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Jesus you people are a bunch of snowflakes... whining because you cant see a video of your 8K toy.
Artists have been getting ripped off since Napster and everyone is so used to stealing intellectual property that its now a problem to say thats not ok?
Put yourself in the artists shoes...
If you spent all that time and money creating something and any asshole anywhere could just reuse it and not give you a dime you wouldn't care?
People scream and hollar on here when their bootleg art is copied for fuckssake but stealing music is ok?
You want to use music on your lame ass podcast or you tube video? here is a novel concept maybe pay for it?... ... or create your own? otherwise STFU.

No

#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I see and feel the difference however if it plays like kinda meh I dont really care.
Id take a fugly game that plays great over tons of fluff any day of the week.
Oddly enough the two JJ games that probably have the worst of what you seem to like are the best playing Wonka and Dialed In.
Maybe they should focus more on game play and not all the other crap?

For someone who doesn’t rate the game you seem to very occupied with it?

Is there an owners thread happening yet? So there is less chance and patience for putting up with muppets like this on a Led Zep focussed thread?

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just watched the Deadflip stream ....it’s uh, um....it’s a game.
For diehard Zep fans only, I think. It seems relatively soulless & bare without much in the way of satisfying interactions.
Just made me think of all the various satisfying things in AC/DC:
-Satisfying to lite the jukebox, whip the ball up the right side shot, slam the button to pick a new song.
-Satisfying to hit the train ramp & get a corresponding train sound...the bell for a “gong”, the explosion of the cannon and TNT, etc.
-Even tho hokey, the band dancing to the beat of whatever song your in makes the Multiball more alive and fun.
-Steve’s devil voice is funny & fits the game.
-The multiball start has a nice start up show (the crashing train) to get you pumped.
Zep seems like a satisfaction-free version of AC/DC. It doesn’t have any of that slick choreography synced to your play to make you feel good. Stern’s Rolling Stones seems to have more energy about it.
Lyman is the true king.

Have you played lz yet? As your comparing it to a game most people own or have owned and definitely played in the last 8 years? If we're gonna do this comparison though let's also talk about the absolute flogging the acdc pro got for being stripped to shit at the time. Also acdc got blasted for being a T2 redo.

Same old shit... a game comes out people watch a stream, compare and bag it out... then the game matures and people start to like it.

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of course I haven’t played it....but I know enough about pinball to know what I’m looking at when watching a stream, and of course I’m gonna compare it to other rock games. Should I just buy it I can play it & then tell your my impressions? I’m sure it’s fun to play. It just feels really sterile compared to another Ritchie rock game. It’s a fair point to make. It’s also fair to bring up that AC/DC had Lyman, this doesn’t. We don’t know if it’ll get better.
I’ve never understood the T2 comparison. They’re nothing alike in design, feel, play or rules.

You're continually contradicting yourself... which is fine I do it too, but given you have a LOT to say on this hype thread about the game it would be fair to assume you may have somehow played it. It was a legit question.

You initially made comparisons to much older games, then when it fits your response you say you can't compare it to games from a different time period. Make up your mind yeah?

I do agree with you with Lyman vs TS however Lyman coding 10 years ago is different to today as are most coders. But if you want to turn back time which you initially did then it can be fair to say with regards to new pins that games can easily start out with a negative response and then become a classic.

I dont understand the t2 comparison either but it did happen. Never said I agreed with it.

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I didn’t have that much to say. I watched the stream and gave my first impressions.

I wasn’t trying to be contradictory. I get your point that previous games that were judged harshly early on became big hits, and I should reserve that possibility for LZ.
1. The times of IM & AC/DC were different. Prices were lower...as prices rise, I think our expectations & first impressions are going to be more critical.
2. Coding of lights/sounds in AC/DC and IM were exciting and satisfying & choreographed to shots early on. It’s fair to say I don’t see that in LZ currently.
3. It’s fair to compare LZ to other rock games & other bare games.
4. AC/DC & IM are more mainstream themes than LZ, it’s my opinion that they have more appeal beyond superfans.
Hope that clears things up. Not trying to shit on the game. I’d happily play it on location if we were not in a pandemic....but all I have to go on for a potential purchase is a stream & my own pinball experience & tastes.

Ahh the old post the multiple quotes response. Dude you put way too much energy into that lol.... but yeah you do make some sounds arguments that I agree with... others not so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 65.99
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.