E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2147 3 years ago

I am still on the fence on this one. Ritchie is hit or miss for my family. I really want to love it but the stream it was tough for me to see how good it would be. I dont think it will be as brutal as Star Wars. Which is a dream theme but probably my most hated stern that I’ve owned. I bought tmnt and aiq but I think I need to play this one to see. At one point the ball drained 3 times in a row in the stream.

How difficult do you think this one will be?

Tmnt is hard but now I have the flow down but the kids won’t play it unless we do co-op. Thank goodness for co-op but I don’t see that here so I don’t want to get a difficult pin they won’t play.

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If it helps, Sexton mentioned on a podcast he likes turtles co-op and will incorporate it later on in LZ code.

that’s definitely a plus..I didn’t hear that but any game with co-op Is a win for us. Alice Cooper we use to play co-op a lot on. It was the first pin I had with co-op and it got us hooked

#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This is not as bad of a disappointment like the Beatles

I was super disappointed by the Beatles during the reveal and stream. I thought it was such a poor decision to basically reskin seawitch. Then I play it a few times at the arcade, played it a few more times a couple weeks later and really started liking the shots and flow. I watched the special on how it was made and why the chose the path they did. it opened my eyes a bit. I thought if i find one reasonable I’d buy it. I did and Now I own one! It’s awesome, like having a classic great shooter in a modern pin. Neighbors and family love it. One of my most played pins. Might not be a keeper but definitely happy we have it.

LZ I will need to play before buying. Luckily I have 2 friends buying it so I should be able to in the near future

3 weeks later
#3170 3 years ago

Looks like LEs are coming in the next couple weeks. I’ll be curious what everyone’s reviews will be. I love Led Zeppelin so I could see me picking up a prem/le down the road after I get to play one. Should be an exciting next couple of weeks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Here are my thoughts on Zeppelin pro. After owning it for a day and putting on a good amount of plays. The good, music and sound is great which is obvious. LCD animations are really good. Lots of cool custom animation and live footage. Gameplay played pretty easy when I first set it up. Took the out lane rubbers, out which helped it a lot. It's a fast flowing game, but pretty empty. Right side of the play field seems really empty. I feel like the side ramp on the premium will help the Upper flipper. On the pro seems pointless hitting that stand up. In single ball play puts the balls in too much danger. Code is alright for base, but definitely needs some work. Feels a bit grindy at times making song shots. Overall fast fun game with good code. Great theme, but be prepared for an empty play field with no major toy.

Any recent Ritchie pins you can compare it to? I’m a huge Star Wars fan but for me personally that was one of the worst pins I’ve ever owned. My buddy even bought an le with topper. We played it for a night and both agreed it was bad. Others loved it And thats fine but I didn’t even want to buy it from my buddy. Seems like Ritchie pins are hit or miss. I have a black Knight le and i finally have someone wanting to buy it but Elwin pins really seem to hold there value. Ritchie pins not so much. I love Led Zeppelin so playing it this week at my buddies. He will be getting a pro

#3179 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Can't really compare it kind of feels like Steve, mixed a bunch of his games. The left side of the game reminds me a bit of No Fear. Code does remind me of black knight a bit.

Cool, I’m still excited to play It

#3182 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

If you don’t like Star Wars, you won’t like LZ. They are very similar, although LZ is easier so if that was your only hang up on Star Wars, then maybe. That being said, if you couldn’t like Star Wars after owning it, this one is unlikely to be any different for you.
Also, Elwin has designed 3 pins— all within the last few years. Hard to compare those values to a designer that goes back 30+ years.

Thanks for the feedback.I’ll definitely need to play it first.

For the value/hit or miss, I was more comparing it to the lcd screen era which would be SW, BKSOR and now LZ. Probably a bad comparison but it’s why I pulled the trigger on an avengers LE and not LZ LE.

I do think we will get an LZ just need to play it to see what mode and if we do NiB

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

This hype thread seems to have died...

played the pro yesterday. Pretty fun. Can hit the ramps with any flipper and good flow. Le/prem should be even better

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

I played the pro this weekend. I didN'T hate it, it was a game that's great for bars, but for me, not HUO. I liked what I thought I saw in the prem/le, most especially with the built in lights. That was freaking dooope. But yeah, it just wasn't the pinball for HUO (huge zepp fan fwiw). I really like how the songs play through, I think that'll play well in bars whenever covid stuff changes. just bobbing my head to black dog was a cool feeling whether I drained or hit a jackpot.
in the end, it just didn't hit my expectations of a zepp pin.

Played my buddies pro. It was good but the 3rd flipper really killed the flow. We both agreed What a huge miss on that not being an inner orbit or a ramp like prem/le. Just too bad because the rest was fun shots.

I am getting an LE hoping I love it. We have to sell something after we play it so I’ll be curious what is put on the chopping block

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's crazy talk. RfM, GotG Pro, and The Beatles are all obviously lesser pins than The Shadow. Easy choices to go. The Shadow is a top 5 of the 13 he has.

Rfm is actually going to a buddy just hasn’t left yet. It’s how I’m getting lz le

Quoted from Pinchild:

Ditch Shadow everything else you have looks more entertaining

Shadow will never leave. Wife’s least favorite is aiq and hot wheels. I’d probably be ok with Beatles going but she kind of still likes it. This is all if LZ sits well with us and we keep it.

#3301 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If they were priced along the lines of the uv kit in st, I might have bit on them, but $450 is a bit much. Like chuckwurt said, better to just get the premium. Looks like mirror blades it will be for me.

Yeah, honestly, for those lights and the third flipper being able to hit a ramp it’s worth it

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

There’s a pro near Los Angeles for sale on Craigslist for $6199 with upgraded speakers and light kit if anyone is interested. It’s not mine btw.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Looks like speaker lights not the side cab lights

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=Happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.