E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HEAD_boss_HOG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#974 3 years ago

OMG. I am speechless. This is atrocious. So, let me get this straight: Stern pays LZ $700-900k to LZ for the following items: 10-12 images from albums (hindenburg, artist images, icarus, and the funny crazy art package), 10 songs, and rights to images on animations. Led Zeppelin takes the check, and sends the IP to Stern, who then simply slaps the predetermined items onto the playfields and cabinets, which were already pre approved. Then they use SR's completed whitewood and implement the art quickly and easily. This is amazing.

Did Steve Ritchie even make a shallow attempt to integrate the theme here? Did Steve Ritchie have this game in his back pocket ready to launch, and just slap LZ IP on it and sell it? this looks like another SR game with a perfect fan layout same depth shot pattern, little to no design effort on tuning the shots in the game, and very little R and D to get the game shooting right, because its pretty much already been done many times. what a shame. do better Stern!! I hope SR is done after this. this is getting ridiculous. his time has come. Two of the biggest IPs in history of pinball (star wars and Led) are now immortalized by two of the most uninspired designs in pinball history since the year 2000. What a shame. SW and LZ deserved better representations of their band in Pinball, like metallica and ACDC. This can't happen.

Hey guys, at least we can count on Borg and Elwin to bring it on the next titles. SR needs to have a seat and watch Elwin and Borg build the company every year.

#1033 3 years ago

What is asinine about the post? All I am saying is that Led Zep gave them 10 songs, and a few small elements of their IP for the license fee. Stern literally got a small handful of items for the license fee. and you can bet they paid alot for the license. the obvious low bom on this game speaks to my point. in any case SR just mailed this design in...very little effort on a simple five shot layout.

#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Well, everything you're posting. Now, there are a couple of things I can do to help you understand the word "asinine".
A: I can type slower.
B: I can write it in crayon and upload a picture for you.
So you choose. A, or B.

I don't understand why you feel the need to be so condescending and insulting. Come to SoCal and let's play some pinball. Let's talk about things we like or dislike, and talk together about why we like or dislike certain things about each game. I love to get pumped up for a title. at the same time, I can't pretend that certain releases are "awesome" just based on cool themes. Themes do matter, but for me, I always prefer a clever design with lastability in my home collection; not a generic layout over and over with a different theme. I am kinda bummed that SR seems to have "mailed it in" on a bunch of his games in the last decade. If you disagree with my opinion, that's alright with me. I respect your opinion if you think this game is a gem by Stern. I love stern pinball. I own two of their games. I am just bummed about this game because of the potential that I believe they did not maximize. Seriously, Led Zep could've been a masterpiece in the right hands. I mean, just look at what Elwin did with Maiden. Very few pinballers LOVE the Iron Maiden music/band, but it is very well received because the PF is cool and fun, the sound is really good, and the art is custom by ZY, who is an artist master IMO. I guess what I'm saying is that even if the theme is not uniformly LOVED, most home collectors will still like a game if it has good PF layout, art, and a good sound and voice package.

Also, how would it help me to understand your post/opinion if you type slower? whether you type 50 words per minute or 5 words per minute doesn't change the message you deliver on this forum. Also, I would appreciate if you wrote your post with a crayon and uploaded a picture for me. In fact, I would like to see your thoughts on the game generally, written in crayon on a legal pad.

What do you think about the game? do you like the PF design, the art, the features? If you do, why do you like those elements? Led Zep was big before my time, but I still like their music. I suppose I just was hoping for a better design and art package, and better, less generic art.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Fanboys response will be “You suck this pin is awesome!” You like me do feel let down by this. LZ is one of the most coveted licenses ever for a pinball game to many. I started collecting last year and I own 2 Sterns and have a deposit for EHOH.
I have been a LZ fan for decades and this just seems like a standard shooter for a standard license. LZ deserved so much more. I to love Iron Maiden layout and game. I would own one if I liked the band but I never did. It’s a music pin and for me to dish out money I have to be a fan of the band.
I also really like dead pool, but I am a DC fan more. I own BKSOR premium and it was my first Stern NIB purchase for me and I love it. Yes it’s a standard layout but for me it goes well with BK and BK2000 in layout and improves greatly on the artwork but still respects the history of the license to me.
Expectations were high for me because of the emotional attachment to the music of LZ, but I still tried to keep those expectations grounded to a wait and see. I was very worried Stern would be able to pull it off with the bands album artwork from a graphic design side.
Regardless if Sterns hands were tied by LZ, I myself was let down and this just doesn’t feel like a true LZ game to me. Metallica, IM, Aerosmith, and AC/DC feel like the bands game but LZ just feels like a pin with no feel or soul of the band TO ME. This is not as bad of a disappointment like the Beatles, but to me it is worse because I love Led Zeppelin and really wanted this to be great.
Just a pin with LZ clip art and their faces, LZ IV symbols and the Hindenburg pasted all over it, with Icaruss on a stick and here’s your LZ pin. If you like it fine, but there are many like me who are disappointed and artwork is important as is theme integration for one of the best bands of all time to many.

100% agree. the soul is missing from this pin. pretty cool side art lighting, and an interesting mech, but man, after watching that gameplay vid, I was probably more disappointed by the release than I was before. IMO, to use the same art for cabinet as for the backglass is not acceptable in this day and age, or in any day and age for pinball. I don't think that's ever been done in pinball history. It's a real bummer

#2429 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Soulless is a great way to put it. Putting the same artwork is definitely a first I believe. Having the same artwork on all parts of the cabinet for the premium is no excuse. I always tell my kids if your going to do a job you do it right the first time. This just doesn’t feel like a finished pin. Pro translite is at least a little bit different, but still feels cheap and not well thought out.
Can’t put an alternate translite in on the premium because it the backbox artwork is a continuation from the translite. Doubt anyone will make a cabinet decal set and shouldn’t even have to even consider doing that for a new pin.
I just wish more effort was put into this. I was really looking forward to this and was a dream pin for me. I did keep my expectations low but it is still is a disappointment and LZ deserves a better representation than a fast SR shooter.
EHOH is a great pin and a great representation of Elvira and her franchise from gameplay, artwork, layout, shots, and code. I wish LZ was better so I could transfer my $1000 deposit for Elvira for LZ.

You're right. Nordman is simply more creative than sr so ehoh was bound to be a pretty cool game. They knew what to do and they did it well. Lz deserves better. Honestly rolling stones did too. A real shame to mail it in here

I must say though that tim Sexton did a pretty dang good job w code. His first effort was awesome and this one looks pretty clever and plenty competitive

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 65.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HEAD_boss_HOG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread?tu=HEAD_boss_HOG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.