E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 68.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No, Yes, and No. I forgot the record but a wireform is not a toy and neither is ramp. They are ball locks and ramps. Quite different.

Man you are being defensive over a game you haven’t even seen yet.Proven GnR is shit doesn’t make LZ one iota better!

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How did he resolve all the Twitch licencing crap?

It's not going to be streamed on twitch, He said they were going to stream it on Stern's facebook page

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

It's not going to be streamed on twitch, He said they were going to stream it on Stern's facebook page

Honestly this is likely a better sales move. Stern Facebook has almost 550K followers.

I hope they've learned from the AIQ reveal and make sure to just have it be Jack +1 with quality sound and some decent explanations/direction. I thought this came off pretty badly for the big AIQ reveal but was MUCH better on the Marvel co-stream for the Pro version.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think JJP will sell a lot more GNR's than LZ, primarily because they can run them forever and the usual critics will be piling on from the get go on Stern.
LZ has a huge bar to hit in comparison to GNR i don't care how it plays.
Since i'm getting both, i'm more excited about GNR for the "total experience" and the band involvement/assets in the game but LZ should be good too.
As for an "uninspired Ritchie dud", who knows, we will see on Tuesday. Comps are gonna be tough.

I think LZ will shoot better than GnR for sure, as GnR doesn't look the best in that department.

But LZ won't be as good on the full on immersive, concert experience.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think LZ will shoot better than GnR for sure, as GnR doesn't look the best in that department.

Problem with concert experience: even most favorite bands, can take watching the concert only a couple of times, before getting quite tired of it. There needs to be more than concert footage and multiballs to keep people interested. Hope LZ is not that, which I don’t think it will be.

#406 3 years ago

Let’s hope Stern haven’t put a blimp on a Spring:-
A blimp is an inflatable vehicle that gets its shape from the pressurized gases that fill it. Without an internal rigid shape of its own, the lighter-than-air vehicle deflates when that gas isn't present. Unlike blimps, zeppelins have rigid frames that retain their shape whether or not they are filled with gas

#407 3 years ago

Concert experience is not very appealing to me as it gets boring very quickly. It would be awesome if they incorporated more of the mythical side of Zeppelin with some sort of quest etc.

#408 3 years ago

Talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed

Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, but I'm down, so down

LE ordered

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Take me down to the multiball city where the balls are plenty and the lights are pretty-Take me home(oh won't you please take me home)

Immersive or chopping wood festival?

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Proven GnR is shit doesn’t make LZ one iota better!

Exactly. I didn't care for the gameplay on GnR but it could never be considered shit and what does that have to do with Zeppelin? Some people aren't gonna like the gameplay on that either. Man in a sea of foolish themes 2 giant rock bands have their own games. Lets just revel in that. Oh and then make a Sabbath pin, in the name of all that's holy please make a Sabbath pin.

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I hope they've learned from the AIQ reveal and make sure to just have it be Jack +1 with quality sound and some decent explanations/direction.

I agree and no ridiculous outfits.

#412 3 years ago

Rock and Roll comics anyone? But why has Derek St. John replaced John Paul Jones?

618KMmsmJhL (resized).jpg618KMmsmJhL (resized).jpg
#413 3 years ago

lol. Give me a mode where Robert plant is sword fighting and riding a horse like in song remains the same . Make it like the lightsaber duel in SW.

Obviously I’m kidding. I really want an acid trip mode where the game freaks out , flippers shake , pops are going off , strobe light , etc .

I’m kidding again , I think.

#414 3 years ago

No love for Hot Dog on here......

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rock and Roll comics anyone? But why has Derek St. John replaced John Paul Jones?

Kinda looks like Tom Petty on bass...

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

lol. Give me a mode where Robert plant is sword fighting and riding a horse like in song remains the same . Make it like the lightsaber duel in SW.
Obviously I’m kidding. I really want an acid trip mode where the game freaks out , flippers shake , pops are going off , strobe light , etc .
I’m kidding again , I think.

If we get 2nd tier art - like Star Wars, AC/DC, GOT - in order to put more in the game, I guess it's ok. There's precedent with Ritchie.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

If we get 2nd tier art - like Star Wars, AC/DC - in order to put more in the game, I guess it's ok. There's precedent with Ritchie.

It’s it’s Acdc type art the game better be f’ing loaded to the hilt!

#418 3 years ago

The countdown is on!

C'mon guys time to turn up the HYPE!

#419 3 years ago
Led-Zeppelin-pinball.jpgLed-Zeppelin-pinball.jpg
#420 3 years ago

I'm in for a premium. Dealer sold out of LE's. I'm told about 6 week wait.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm in for a premium. Dealer sold out of LE's. I'm told about 6 week wait.

Premiums usually last correct?

#422 3 years ago

Are we going to get any info today?

The wait is agonizing

#423 3 years ago

In the evening riff for attract song

#424 3 years ago

I would definitely be in on a premium, once I get to play it first! #2021expohype!

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Concert experience is not very appealing to me as it gets boring very quickly. It would be awesome if they incorporated more of the mythical side of Zeppelin with some sort of quest etc.

Yeah I agree, LZ needs a LOTR type of journey

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Yeah I agree, LZ needs a LOTR type of journey

Twas in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair, But Gollum, the evil one, crept up , And slipped away with her....

#427 3 years ago

Distros find out all the goodies today.. so hopefully leaks soon..

#428 3 years ago

Very curious to see where the pricing ends up on this one!

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Very curious to see where the pricing ends up on this one!

Hearing same as last release

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hearing same as last release

What was the pricing for the last release? Been awhile for a NIB Stern for me

#431 3 years ago

If distributors are out of LEs already, shouldn’t Stern change that number before press release? Odds are it is just a topper and special speakers - not autographed stuff. How many LEs can you produce and still call it an LE? Should get a pool going for official LE number- I say 1000.

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

What was the pricing for the last release? Been awhile for a NIB Stern for me

I thought it was $9199//$7299/$5699. If I’m off a hair I apologize.

#433 3 years ago

Tuesday cant get here fast enough. I would be interested to see more on this as Im always welcoming new pins to see the latest advancement on this hobby.

Sold out before announced ?? How does that happen ?? Lower than normal numbers produced on the LE like the SLE version of Batman type of numbers? Or the GNR CE meltdown that distributors faced on ordering more than they thought would be available rant. Im waitng on my GNR LE to be produced was in on the LE vs CE just didnt see the extra $$$ coming out of my pocket when I can put that towards another pin.. maybe a LZ Premium would look nice next to my GNR LE some day

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

If distributors are out of LEs already, shouldn’t Stern change that number before press release? Odds are it is just a topper and special speakers - not autographed stuff. How many LEs can you produce and still call it an LE? Should get a pool going for official LE number- I say 1000.

They never made more than 500 LE for any rock machine. I’m going to guess we see 350-500.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn't there a price increase of $100 starting the new year?

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Isn't there a price increase of $100 starting the new year?

There is but my deposit was paid in 2020 so it’s a purchase for this year.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought it was $9199//$7299/$5699.

Appreciate it!!

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They never made more than 500 LE for any rock machine. I’m going to guess we see 350-500.

Pick a number!
They never made an LZ pinball before. This many people with this much cash around, make 2000. International markets with the weak dollar- except the tariff countries, pure profit.

#439 3 years ago

400, guess

#440 3 years ago

Avengers MSRP were 6199/7799/9199 (USA customers expect to shave a few hundred off MSRP). I would imagine prices will be same for LZ.

Quoted from Psw757:

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from pchdetc:

Sold out before announced ?? How does that happen ?? Lower than normal numbers produced on the LE like the SLE version of Batman type of numbers? Or the GNR CE meltdown that distributors faced on ordering more than they thought would be available rant. Im waitng on my GNR LE to be produced was in on the LE vs CE just didnt see the extra $$$ coming out of my pocket when I can put that towards another pin.. maybe a LZ Premium would look nice next to my GNR LE some day

I assume they are all just deposits that can be fully refunded on cancellation if game isn't up to expectations. Some of these LE's sell out fast so nobody wants to miss out (FOMO). Once that starts, flippers join in looking to profit. Stern should consider having a none refundable deposit on LE's but hard to mess with success if they sell out.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

I doubt the LE will have a topper included, BM66 LE/SLE were the only time that was done and those weren't cornerstone games. The LEs will likely be autographed by the designer (Ritchie) and have a certificate signed by Gary Stern. Everyone pretty much expects a mirrored back glass, HD glass over the playfield, powder coating, upgraded speakers, and an exclusive art package. My guess is it will be 500 based on recent LEs although they did go up to 800 on SW and eventually sold them all. LE sales are based at least in part on FOMO so the larger the number the lower the incentive to buy. As for how many LEs can be produced and still call it an LE, I think JJP is pretty much pushed the upper limit of that at 5000. That said GNR CE is version that was really limited and they kept that at 500 despite high demand.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They never made more than 500 LE for any rock machine.

I heard they tried all the way up to 1,964 before...

#444 3 years ago

500 LEs max.

#445 3 years ago

I heard 600 from a birdie

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I heard they tried all the way up to 1,964 before...

Not really. Beatles Diamond and Platinum were well under 1000 total.

Gold is run of the mill.

#447 3 years ago

I’m going with 350 and if they truly are sold out I think it’s a lower number than usual.

My deposit was non refundable as of Friday.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not really. Beatles Diamond and Platinum were well under 1000 total.
Gold is run of the mill.

It was a capped (limited) number of a rock pin. Golds were not run infinitely. Even though it didn't have LE in any of the gold/plat/diamond names, it was technically a limited edition.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Stern should consider having a none refundable deposit on LE's but hard to mess with success if they sell out.

It is my understanding (at least with my distributor) that deposits are non-refundable especially after the details of the game are announced. This was done in response to people that were abusing the process by being in on every LE (sometimes multiple games and multiple distributors) - flipping the more desirable ones for a profit and just pulling out of the others and sticking the distributor with the stock to sell.

#450 3 years ago

500 is the sweet spot.

But think Stern will stretch it to 600, because they can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,699 (OBO)
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/9?hl=greaseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.