E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 68.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Do you guys think this outsells GnR just due to the fact that Stern will out-Produce JJP?

I think JJP will sell a lot more GNR's than LZ, primarily because they can run them forever and the usual critics will be piling on from the get go on Stern.

LZ has a huge bar to hit in comparison to GNR i don't care how it plays.

Since i'm getting both, i'm more excited about GNR for the "total experience" and the band involvement/assets in the game but LZ should be good too.

As for an "uninspired Ritchie dud", who knows, we will see on Tuesday. Comps are gonna be tough.

#352 3 years ago

I hope they put the Swan Song guy right in the middle of the playfield...not much else screams Zeppelin as loudly as that image (except for the blimp).

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I heard it's a bit of a dud. I have little to no faith in Ritchie making a solid game. Which sucks, since I'm a big fan of the band.

I do. Have ACDC, SW, and GOT...all awesome. The guy's had a few misses, but haven't we all? It should be fun.

As to your Stern employee that told you the game sucks, that didn't happen. I've never heard of a manufacturer's employee dissing a new product at launch. If it IS true--even if the guy was telling you that on the QT--that fucker needs to be fired.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is Mothership is used for the songs. I heard it plays fun as hell and has three flippers without an upper pf and lots of ramps.
Heard they gave him a little extra budget as they want to sell it for years to come. We shall see.

Nothing wrong with mothership as it has all the must haves in my opinion, maybe missing a few deep tracks but we will see.

3 flippers and lots of ramps sounds promising as does extra budget(toys and assets).

Any solid leads in the artist and style?

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think JJP will sell a lot more GNR's than LZ, primarily because they can run them forever and the usual critics will be piling on from the get go on Stern.
Since i'm getting both, i'm more excited about GNR for the "total experience" and the band involvement/assets in the game but LZ should be good too.
As for an "uninspired Ritchie dud", who knows, we will see on Tuesday. Comps are gonna be tough.

Let us know how you like both when you get them...we can always count on you for honesty.

My guess...LZ won't come close to GnR for toys, light show, or build quality, but will surpass it in replayability and pure fun.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let us know how you like both when you get them...we can always count on you for honesty.
My guess...LZ won't come close to GnR for toys, light show, or build quality, but will surpass it in replayability and pure fun.

Was writing same post basically, u beat me to it!

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That’s always been my thing with the JJP games, visually stunning but for whatever reason just not as fun. Wont stop me from buying certain games though.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GnR is limited to 5500 LE and CE so you must mean SE as opposed to stern only limiting LE. Also, there are are just as many critics of GnR and JJP's quality as Sterns.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If Led Zepp has a Blimp bash toy then it will have 1 more actual toy than GnR

#360 3 years ago

A toy = something that interacts with the ball. Moving lights and a Hat lamp don't qualify in my book

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is Mothership is used for the songs. I heard it plays fun as hell and has three flippers without an upper pf and lots of ramps.
Heard they gave him a little extra budget as they want to sell it for years to come. We shall see.

Fingers crossed, that all sounds real good !

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern will probably get more LZ out the door in the next month than JJP will get GnR’s out in 6 months.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

A toy = something that interacts with the ball. Moving lights and a Hat lamp don't qualify in my book

Does a physical guitar lock, spinning record, or bass ramp 3 way diverting wireform interact with the ball?

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does a physical guitar lock, spinning record, or bass ramp 3 way diverting wireform interact with the ball?

No, Yes, and No. I forgot the record but a wireform is not a toy and neither is ramp. They are ball locks and ramps. Quite different.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No, Yes, and No. I forgot the record but a wireform is not a toy and neither is ramp. They are ball locks and ramps. Quite different.

I have an open mind and like SR, but bashing GNR, comparing it to a LZ to game that no one has seen isn’t a great idea.

GNR is absolutely epic.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hard to beat my 8 or 10 Stern games for fun factor AND they have been getting better and better. The all time rankings show that, some of the best games ever.

Hoping LZ with be more of the same.

#367 3 years ago

Dude, chill out. Just stating a fact and teasing GnR. You think there wont be GnR vs LZ threads.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have an open mind and like SR, but bashing GNR, comparing it to a LZ to game that no one has seen isn’t a great idea.
GNR is absolutely epic.

And it’s Slash, the assets, and the band’s personal involvement.

GNR is a special pin. Probably never duplicated on the above

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Dude, chill out. Just stating a fact and teasing GnR. You think there wont be GnR vs LZ threads.

Already is: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I just can’t imagine putting a ton of money down on something and not know anything about it other than it’s going to be a Led Zeppelin pin

I can. Its a dream theme for many around here. If ur an LE guy u gotta have it. Pro's and Pre's we be available for a long time.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I do. Have ACDC, SW, and GOT...all awesome. The guy's had a few misses, but haven't we all? It should be fun.
As to your Stern employee that told you the game sucks, that didn't happen. I've never heard of a manufacturer's employee dissing a new product at launch. If it IS true--even if the guy was telling you that on the QT--that fucker needs to be fired.

Ritchie’s had less misses than Lawlor over the last 20 years..... juuuuuuuuust sayin

#372 3 years ago

Shoot the ball into Bonham’s bass drum which reappears hanging from the blimp that drops it randomly back onto the play field....now that would be kool

#373 3 years ago

Well I will still stick with the artist being Franchi. I think he's on it. It will be a big "surprise" but he has been so cozy with the Stern folks the past half year with interviews on his podcast that I would be shocked if he doesn't do a game with them again.

#374 3 years ago

That would be a cool surprise. I like his work.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Well I will still stick with the artist being Franchi. I think he's on it. It will be a big "surprise" but he has been so cozy with the Stern folks the past half year with interviews on his podcast that I would be shocked if he doesn't do a game with them again.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be a cool surprise. I like his work.

While I do like what he did with Beatles, something in that style would not work with LZ.

I think it needs to be hand drawn like Zombie Zeti or Donny style.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Why the F would I make this up? I don't want this game to suck. Ignore me if you think it's BS. We'll see on Tuesday.

Posts all spoken like a true GNR fanboy in the midst...

#377 3 years ago

I love both of their work but definitelynot Yeti after finishing AIQ right after TMNT. Donny ... Maybe. It would be cool but I think the band will want a more refined artistic approach to them and not cartoonish like MET/Aerosmith. If not Franchi then a complete newcomer or recommended by the band.

#378 3 years ago

This feels like Xmas Eve 2 weeks early

#379 3 years ago

hopefully if you crank it up the clearcoat wont crack.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

My guess is it’s “ too long “ to put on there, but man it would be sweet .
I’ll settle for Moby Dick or Ten Years Gone I suppose

Hey, Rime of the Ancient Mariner at 13:38 is on IM, so I’m staying hopeful for Achilles and Kashmir!

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Hey, Rime of the Ancient Mariner at 13:38 is on IM, so I’m staying hopeful for Achilles and Kashmir!

Great point !

#382 3 years ago

I don’t like donnys style. I’d prefer franchi yeti or someone else that’s good. Haha

#383 3 years ago

Who will be the first to stream and when do you think it would happen?

#384 3 years ago

Danger. This week most likely if it’s revealed tomorrow or Tuesday.

#385 3 years ago

Dirty Donnie is done @ Stern. He burned the bridge. Thought Franchi had also.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If Donny and Franchi are out that leaves Yombie who did both of the 2020 machines and Bob Stevlic who did Stranger Things and GOT. These two games are very uninspiring with art.

I guess Kevin O’ Conner Is possibility.

Have they worked with anyone else recently?

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Danger. This week most likely if it’s revealed tomorrow or Tuesday.

How did he resolve all the Twitch licencing crap?

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If Donny and Franchi are out that leaves Yombie who did both of the 2020 machines and Bob Stevlic who did Stranger Things and GOT. These two games are very uninspiring with art.
I guess Kevin O’ Conner Is possibility.
Have they worked with anyone else recently?

Would really like to see a classic style (like Paul Ferris) on zep.

Sorry but PLEASE not franchi. Not the right artist for this theme IMO

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Would really like to see a classic style (like Paul Ferris) on zep.
Sorry but PLEASE not franchi. Not the right artist for this theme IMO

Wow..that’s a deep cut there.

#390 3 years ago

The irony is right in front of everybody‘s eyes. Could this be Steve’s last game ?
Steve has always been one of my favorites.

The swan song (ancient Greek: κύκνειον ᾆσμα; Latin: carmen cygni) is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement.

3EE057EE-74C5-4206-B2FE-70FB8A320EF8 (resized).jpeg3EE057EE-74C5-4206-B2FE-70FB8A320EF8 (resized).jpeg
#391 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The irony is right in front of everybody‘s eyes. Could this be Steve’s last game ?
The swan song (ancient Greek: κύκνειον ᾆσμα; Latin: carmen cygni) is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement.
[quoted image]

My God, I hope not!

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

[quoted image]

Could be his last game and hopefully if so goes to another level but damn I hope that isn’t the art.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How did he resolve all the Twitch licencing crap?

He will just stream it. Delete the vod and upload to YouTube. YouTube will just demonetize the video.

#394 3 years ago
jd (resized).jpgjd (resized).jpg
#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow..that’s a deep cut there.

He’s the man who did future spa correct ? Which I consider the best backglass of all time . One woman is essentially taking a shower From a stream of water that appears to be coming from a different boob . A guy curling lasers. Pervert guy in a hot tub . Classic

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

[quoted image]

If this is true, and you've been nailing your predictions, this should be his best ever. Hoping so!!

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If this is true, and you've been nailing your predictions, this should be his best ever. Hoping so!!

The pin I hope you mean and not that art!

#398 3 years ago

Of course the pin

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern selling a bunch of Dirty Donnie art now in their shop, posters what not.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

(Except they played Kashmir after talking about Side 1 of Led Zeppelin IV)

Yup! I always figured they said ‘IV’ instead of ‘Physical Graffiti’ for script simplicity, but who knows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

5,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/8?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.