E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 68.
#3301 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If they were priced along the lines of the uv kit in st, I might have bit on them, but $450 is a bit much. Like chuckwurt said, better to just get the premium. Looks like mirror blades it will be for me.

Yeah, honestly, for those lights and the third flipper being able to hit a ramp it’s worth it

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If they were priced along the lines of the uv kit in st, I might have bit on them, but $450 is a bit much. Like chuckwurt said, better to just get the premium. Looks like mirror blades it will be for me.

Exactly. Just get the premium. Plus you'd get the much needed 4th ramp & the magical spinner.

#3303 3 years ago

There’s a pro near Los Angeles for sale on Craigslist for $6199 with upgraded speakers and light kit if anyone is interested. It’s not mine btw.

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

There’s a pro near Los Angeles for sale on Craigslist for $6199 with upgraded speakers and light kit if anyone is interested. It’s not mine btw.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Looks like speaker lights not the side cab lights

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

$449 is definitely a bit much. Guess stern saw how much Pinstadiums cost and went for the same price. Mirror blades will definitely help and of course be a lot cheaper. And agree with you and what chuckwurt said, might as well get the premium. Hopefully get to play a pro soon. One at Electric Bat Arcade here in Arizona.

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks like speaker lights not the side cab lights

Those haven’t shipped yet, so they just added some color LEDs apparently.

#3307 3 years ago

Man the cash grabs in pinball are so out of control and it's not just Stern. I just do not understand how you can mark up an LED by like 100x and people will buy it. I just made a set of pin stadiums with an RF remote and it could not have cost me more than $30 USD. $450 WTF, how far can they push it till the bubble bursts.

#3308 3 years ago

They cost about what I thought they would

People just see a strip of LEDs and a sticker. They're really discounting the software development and the unique integration with the game.

Also Pinstadium has basically established the market value of these sorta things. At least these do a lot more with a lot less work on the end users part.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They're really discounting the software development and the unique integration with the game.

Stern should have raised the Prem and LE price $450 then?

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Stern should have raised the Prem and LE price $450 then?

At least they offer them as a upgrade on the pro. The SE GNR your stuck with that white neutered light show and if you don’t think those hot rails are built into their pricing your nuts.

The full color is a very nice light show and SE owners should be able to upgrade.

#3311 3 years ago

You know, we need to stop jousting with these hard headed idiots. Just looking to butt heads, half of them don't have either game now or on order. Feel kinda sad for them

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You know, we need to stop jousting with these hard headed idiots. Just looking to butt heads, half of them don't have either game now or on order. Feel kinda sad for them

You seem to be lost, this is not the owners thread.

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How do you know this ? I don't put games into my PS collection until they are in my possession.

Quoted from Psw757:

At least they offer them as a upgrade on the pro. The SE GNR your stuck with that white neutered light show and if you don’t think those hot rails are built into their pricing your nuts.
The full color is a very nice light show and SE owners should be able to upgrade.

Leave my nuts out of this

1 week later
#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

How do you know this ? I don't put games into my PS collection until they are in my possession.

Leave my nuts out of this

Speaking of nuts:
I can buy the LZ LE with Icarus sans junk, to go next to my LoTR LE which has a hidden pen !s on the backglass. Win-win.

#3315 3 years ago

She has landed. Way better than I expected!

E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpegE3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg38188B0A-2AB1-4429-8B6F-5D85DBB62B58 (resized).jpeg38188B0A-2AB1-4429-8B6F-5D85DBB62B58 (resized).jpeg8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpegEDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpegEDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpegA07605E6-A409-4C3C-9EA3-73D6C065753B (resized).jpegA07605E6-A409-4C3C-9EA3-73D6C065753B (resized).jpeg
#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

She has landed. Way better than I expected!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful game! Can’t wait for mine!

#3317 3 years ago

Damn looking great I’m stoked for mine to come in; Zeppelin is my favorite band of all time and it’s by the KING too the master of flow himself Steve RItchie

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Damn looking great I’m stoked for mine to come in; Zeppelin is my favorite band of all time and it’s by the KING too the master of flow himself Steve RItchie

My expectations were low. This game does not disappoint.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

software development

What software development?
Software like freestyler, xlights etc etc has been around for ages and are free.

#3320 3 years ago

LOL. If you think you can have lights dance around to the music without software I don't know what your thinking.

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

What software development?
Software like freestyler, xlights etc etc has been around for ages and are free.

It's really fascinating what different demographics evaluate the cost of software. Pin heads think the RD on blinking an LED to music adds hundreds of dollars to the cost. On the flip side every kid has an RGB LED Strip with controller mounted on their bedroom wall that perfectly integrates to music and it cost's a few dollars. Those kids also think a video game with a budget of a hundred million should be free. Good luck trying to explain reality to either group.

#3322 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's really fascinating what different demographics evaluate the cost of software. Pin heads think the RD on blinking an LED to music adds hundreds of dollars to the cost. On the flip side every kid has an RGB LED Strip with controller mounted on their bedroom wall that perfectly integrates to music and it cost's a few dollars. Those kids also think a video game with a budget of a hundred million should be free. Good luck trying to explain reality to either group.

I agree with the basic concept of what you are saying. I have $100 LED lighting system in my gameroom ceiling that makes 300 pre-programmed patterns and user controlled patterns too all from simple cell phone app control. On the other hand you're implying that this all gets integrated into a pinball machine for nearly free and that is not the case. True custom integration or choreography of the lighting takes some know how as opposed to the mindless Pinstadium systems that use the same Chinese cell phone app. Might not be that difficult on a technical level, but the cost is there and it all adds up. These new games cost millions of dollars to develop and a significant chunk of that is software to produce rules, animations, sound and yes, custom lighting.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I agree with the basic concept of what you are saying. I have $100 LED lighting system in my gameroom ceiling that makes 300 pre-programmed patterns and user controlled patterns too all from simple cell phone app control. On the other hand you're implying that this all gets integrated into a pinball machine for nearly free and that is not the case. True custom integration or choreography of the lighting takes some know how as opposed to the mindless Pinstadium systems that use the same Chinese cell phone app. Might not be that difficult on a technical level, but the cost is there and it all adds up. These new games cost millions of dollars to develop and a significant chunk of that is software to produce rules, animations, sound and yes, custom lighting.

People believe what they want to believe. If you think the software cost justifies that $450 LED strip or that $1000 topper all the power to you.

#3324 3 years ago

Not sure if these questions have been asked before
Just wondering does the electric magic device remain above the main playfield in attract mode?
And does the apron have 2 visible spotlights shining in towards the playfield, from the pics I’ve seen it appears so

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

People believe what they want to believe. If you think the software cost justifies that $450 LED strip or that $1000 topper all the power to you.

I didn't say I did, a lot more goes into a custom, low production numbers product than just software. On the other hand you seem to be aligning with those "kids" who think a game that costs millions to develop should be free.

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I didn't say I did, a lot more goes into a custom, low production numbers product than just software. On the other hand you seem to be aligning with those "kids" who think a game that costs millions to develop should be free.

Not exactly, both extremes are nonsense. I fully understand the effort it would take.

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

On the other hand you're implying that this all gets integrated into a pinball machine for nearly free and that is not the case. True custom integration or choreography of the lighting takes some know how as opposed to the mindless Pinstadium systems that use the same Chinese cell phone app.

The controller and the program to direct the digital leds are allready in the game, so that´s a non-issue.
I would be utterly surprised if the bom for thoose lights are above 10$.

Working with led-lighting you fairly soon realize the biggest cost is copper wiring.

That is, atleast if you are not working with ultra advanced top end quality clay pakys and such, which i´m fairly certain stern is not.

#3328 3 years ago

Streaming Led Zeppelin LE today at 2pm est

91929 (resized).jpg91929 (resized).jpg
at https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Streaming Led Zeppelin LE today at 2pm est
[quoted image]
at https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

Cant wait to see

#3330 3 years ago

Number 81 is in the house! Having fun playing it on this rainy day!

IMG_7082 (resized).jpgIMG_7082 (resized).jpg
#3331 3 years ago

Looks great in your lineup!

#3332 3 years ago

Just finished playing a few games on my LE and I'll tell you what, I was engrossed and having fun. For all the talk of bare playfield and not enough toys, I didn't really notice that. I was concentrating on making shots and this game deceivingly has a lot of them. I very much enjoyed locking a ball in the "Electric Magic box" and then trying to load balls in the other outhole locks before knocking the magnetic locked one out and having a 4 ball multiball...Also interesting was how the automatic launch sends the ball up the habitrail loop occasionally...I have tried to do that manually with plunger but never have yet. Did knock a ball out of the magnetic holder up the center ramp a few times....pretty cool....

#3333 3 years ago

Kept wondering why the LE head side art looked so damn familiar to me..then I looked up..

569EC385-06DF-4DEC-BA4B-6B5DAD1B4324 (resized).jpeg569EC385-06DF-4DEC-BA4B-6B5DAD1B4324 (resized).jpegDA6BAD8B-7CE4-4F09-9876-4F207CDE704E (resized).jpegDA6BAD8B-7CE4-4F09-9876-4F207CDE704E (resized).jpeg

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Number 81 is in the house! Having fun playing it on this rainy day!
[quoted image]

Looks better then first views.
Luckily.

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Kept wondering why the LE head side art looked so damn familiar to me..then I looked up..
[quoted image][quoted image]

You've got great taste in yr art!!

#3336 3 years ago

hey huys I did a detailed new video of
Led Zeppelin LE pinball Unboxing and gameplay! Check it out!

#3337 3 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with their glass? My is very tight about half way in or out. Plus has any one figure the best setting for the sound. No where close to Iron Maiden or Aerosmith on sound.

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Has anyone had a problem with their glass? My is very tight about half way in or out. Plus has any one figure the best setting for the sound. No where close to Iron Maiden or Aerosmith on sound.

My glass seemed very tight too. Just be careful taking it in and out, it should loosen over time and at least it won't rattle from bass and the shaker. The sound is a little tinny. I messed with the EQ some, but I suspect the sound will be tweaked in upcoming LE software. I'll be hooking up the sub today, that will surely make the low end a lot better.

#3339 3 years ago

Played a Pro, probably wont play again.

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Played a Pro, probably wont play again.

Nice that bad huh.

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nice that bad huh.

I wont say bad, I only played 3 games(left a game for someone else). Im not a pro and cant really comment on the rules, but every shot on the pro is WAY UP THERE lol. This latest Stern would be way down on the list to buy for sure. Havent played WWE yet though and a "simpler" TNA is 10x better
Like Beatles. The bigger the license for Stern, the less you get, for a higher price.

I will check out a Prem/ Le if i get the chance, but a pro wont get any more than the $2 it got from me. YMMV

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

every shot on the pro is WAY UP THERE lol

Heh so the opposite of BKSOR! Steve's mixing it up, I like it!

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wont say bad, I only played 3 games(left a game for someone else). Im not a pro and cant really comment on the rules, but every shot on the pro is WAY UP THERE lol. This latest Stern would be way down on the list to buy for sure. Havent played WWE yet though and a "simpler" TNA is 10x better
Like Beatles. The bigger the license for Stern, the less you get, for a higher price.
I will check out a Prem/ Le if i get the chance, but a pro wont get any more than the $2 it got from me. YMMV

That's why it's good. Nice long hard to hit shots. Looks great

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's why it's good. Nice long hard to hit shots. Looks great

From a sharpshooter perspective yea i can see that. I was just itching to play R&M, so possibly i became impatient.

#3345 3 years ago

The three shots on the left are all relatively close to the flippers.

#3346 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The three shots on the left are all relatively close to the flippers.

Like others, I'm not sure what the upper flipper on the right is for...l

#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Like others, I'm not sure what the upper flipper on the right is for...l

It's used to extend multiplier time, keep combos going, start super modes, hit song shots and collect built up combo multipliers. It's a very important shot if you want to score big.

6 months later
#3348 2 years ago

Took me a while to find this but immediately thought of this post when I saw the news of Steve to JJP. Did you know something we didn’t!? MNPinball strikes again!

Quoted from mnpinball:

The irony is right in front of everybody‘s eyes. Could this be Steve’s last game ?
Steve has always been one of my favorites.
The swan song (ancient Greek: κύκνειον ᾆσμα; Latin: carmen cygni) is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement.
[quoted image]

1 month later
#3349 2 years ago

Dropping this in here for the LZ family.
These start shipping this week.
Chrome knob or Black Chrome knob - something new we are trying.
All metal construction with fine details and inlayed with enamel.
Full - description on the site, please forgive the knobs reflection in the shooter plate finish this we could not avoid.

We believe scale is key, the knob is 1.3 inch in diameter

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p227/Pinball-Mod-Shooter-Rod-Stern-Pinball-Led-Zeppelin-assembley.html

20210810_205440 (resized).jpg20210810_205440 (resized).jpg20210810_205502 (resized).jpg20210810_205502 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Dropping this in here for the LZ family.
These start shipping this week.
Chrome knob or Black Chrome knob - something new we are trying.
All metal construction with fine details and inlayed with enamel.
Full - description on the site, please forgive the knobs reflection in the shooter plate finish this we could not avoid.
We believe scale is key, the knob is 1.3 inch in diameter
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p227/Pinball-Mod-Shooter-Rod-Stern-Pinball-Led-Zeppelin-assembley.html
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is 100x better than the huge blocky Stern shooter for Zep. I ordered this for my Zeppelin LE, just beautiful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 65.99
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/67?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.