E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 68.
#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

This hype thread seems to have died...

That's only because the trolls finally got bored. The owners are waiting to get their machines or have just defected to the owner threads.

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

This hype thread seems to have died...

played the pro yesterday. Pretty fun. Can hit the ramps with any flipper and good flow. Le/prem should be even better

#3203 3 years ago

So no Stairway to Heaven was confirmed by Tim. Does anyone think there will still be new music in the Mini wizard (Top of Charts / World Tour) and Final Wizard Modes (?) ?

I cant see playing to make those modes and relistening to the same music all over again.

#3204 3 years ago

I don't understand why someone can't / won't just take the glass off and find out. And let us all know.

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I don't understand why someone can't / won't just take the glass off and find out. And let us all know.

Find out what?

#3206 3 years ago

Playing now this pinball is so much fun!!!

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So no Stairway to Heaven was confirmed by Tim. Does anyone think there will still be new music in the Mini wizard (Top of Charts / World Tour) and Final Wizard Modes (?) ?
I cant see playing to make those modes and relistening to the same music all over again.

I do think it unlocks something. Why else would it have a big question mark? So not Stairway. Maybe another song like they did with Metallica. Maybe something like JP where you can go straight to the final challenge?

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I do think it unlocks something. Why else would it have a big question mark? So not Stairway. Maybe another song like they did with Metallica. Maybe something like JP where you can go straight to the final challenge?

I was thinking Dazed and Confused for the ? With some kind of light show. It is from LZ 1 album so the insert art kind of makes sense.

Seriously, someone with a pro take the glass off and get all platinum and let us know what happens!

#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Can’t show what’s not there. Wizard mode is not yet designed nor coded per Tim’s interview three weeks ago. Look for it in future release notes and give it a go then. Pretty sure Stern will be crowing about it once completed.

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can’t show what’s not there. Wizard mode is not yet designed nor coded per Tim’s interview three weeks ago. Look for it in future release notes and give it a go then. Pretty sure Stern will be crowing about it once completed.

I didn’t specifically hear him say it isn’t coded in yet, just that he wasn’t saying as it is to be earned. He did say there are many additions to come, that can mean wizard mode or other stuff..who knows

Can’t hurt to pop the glass off and find out though if you have a pro

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Was gonna thumbs up ya till the crowing part

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn’t specifically hear him say it isn’t coded in yet

Multiple friends have reached the final mode. It’s not coded yet.

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiple friends have gotten there. It’s not coded yet.

Well that settles it for now I guess.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiple friends have reached the final mode. It’s not coded yet.

For the mini wizard modes as well - nothing there ?

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Pretty sure the world tour mini wizard is there, it was in a video on you tube.

Not sure about top of the charts mode though.

#3216 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I’m only talking about the “?” Mode. Nothing else. Not sure on those.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3217 3 years ago

I played one at a pinball store, really glad I didn't order one.

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I played one at a pinball store, really glad I didn't order one.

I'm glad you didn't either. Made it easier for me to get one.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It’s a Stern. Unless you wanted a LE they’re not hard to get if you have any semblance of patience.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s a Stern. Unless you wanted a LE they’re not hard to get if you have any semblance of patience.

I got the LE. And I was just busting balls.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got the LE. And I was just busting balls.

Ah yeah. That’s cool. Hope you enjoy it

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This place had at least 10 in stock, they ain't hard to get.
Give it a couple of weeks and the HUO ones will hit the market.

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

This place had at least 10 in stock, they ain't hard to get.
Give it a couple of weeks and the HUO ones will hit the market.

If you don't like it, then why do you care?

#3224 3 years ago

LZ hype! I had to break out my old DVDs today! I got my Stern Lightning sold so now I actually have an empty spot to put LZ premium.

20210116_141622 (resized).jpg20210116_141622 (resized).jpg20210116_141630 (resized).jpg20210116_141630 (resized).jpg20210116_141632 (resized).jpg20210116_141632 (resized).jpg20210116_141726 (resized).jpg20210116_141726 (resized).jpg20210116_141800 (resized).jpg20210116_141800 (resized).jpg20210116_141806 (resized).jpg20210116_141806 (resized).jpg20210116_142144 (resized).jpg20210116_142144 (resized).jpg20210116_142207 (resized).jpg20210116_142207 (resized).jpg
#3225 3 years ago

Wooo can’t wait to hear how the premium/Le plays. Hopefully we get a quick software update once those launch as well to get a feel if the rules develop substantially or not.

#3226 3 years ago

Played a pro again today. Really love the way it shoots. Ramps and orbits are typical SR smooth, but that upper flipper is just a death wish. I think the premium/LE is the way to go to give you that additional ramp so it is a rewarding shot instead of the pro that just dead-ends into a stand up target and then comes rocketing out side-to-side.

I like the Pro, but that would frustrate me if I had to deal with it all the time.

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Played a pro again today. Really love the way it shoots. Ramps and orbits are typical SR smooth, but that upper flipper is just a death wish. I think the premium/LE is the way to go to give you that additional ramp so it is a rewarding shot instead of the pro that just dead-ends into a stand up target and then comes rocketing out side-to-side.
I like the Pro, but that would frustrate me if I had to deal with it all the time.

Would have been so much better if that shot looped back around - could have also been repeatable.

6913EF2C-B41A-40C8-A523-770FBEC85282 (resized).jpeg6913EF2C-B41A-40C8-A523-770FBEC85282 (resized).jpeg
#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

If you don't like it, then why do you care?

Got to keep the pinside drama going

#3229 3 years ago

Went by Nitro to pick up some balls and they had a Led Zeppelin Pro on display. I was on my way somewhere and with covid I didn't want to just hang out and play but did check it out quickly.

I was surprised how much better the Pro playfield looked compared to Premium. I really dislike the Unicorn heads and how cluttered the premium is around the Electric Magic. The premium playfield is just kind a bit of a mess and the pro more balanced. The faces are bigger and more recognizable, it is the opposite of AC/DC on this one the bigger faces actually look way better.

That being said, as far as stuff on the playfield it is baron and empty and I thought it would feel a little empty but its even worse in person. The Icarus is much smaller than I expected I don't know why but I just thought it would be bigger and feel like a toy. It doesn't at all, it so small and insignificant it might as well just be a plastic mounted vertically. It really is just a leaper that doesn't make any sense. On Elvira at least they go with the theme.

Third flipper is completely wasted, Stern really just half assed this one when they ripped stuff off to reduce cost. They might as well have just removed the flipper for all the good it is now. I would expect an update just like how they added a Swinging Bell on AC/DC Pro. Stern or someone else is going to change that target to a switch and put the ramp back in. The other option is what cooked71 mentioned make it a roll over and loop around to the back, so its repeatable, this would add basically zero cost. It just doesn't make sense the way it is now. It took one game to go, well that is broken. How Stern just didn't give a shit is really embarrassing. I get they need to reduce cost but the game still needs to make sense.

I don't know if it is just Led Zeppelin or something Stern is starting to do on pins but not having the lanes above the pops is really weird. Another reason it just feels broken. I know people will say there is no skill in moving the unlit lane with the flippers to complete an objective but it's fun and just part of Pinball. Sure it's not challenging but its just what you do as the ball bounces around up there. Didn't Steve Ritchie invent it?! Have they done this on other pins recently?

The rest of the art is what it is, no point in beating a dead horse.

#3230 3 years ago

Playfield is awesome but really could have put alot more light as there is tons of room.

Great game though no joke.

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It really is just a leaper that doesn't make any sense. On Elvira at least they go with the theme.

Are you kidding? Icarus WAS Led Zeppelin back in the day, look no further than the center of their LPs from Physical Graffiti forward and their most famous T-shirt of all time from their 1977 US Tour!

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Went by Nitro to pick up some balls and they had a Led Zeppelin Pro on display. I was on my way somewhere and with covid I didn't want to just hang out and play but did check it out quickly.
I was surprised how much better the Pro playfield looked compared to Premium. I really dislike the Unicorn heads and how cluttered the premium is around the Electric Magic. The premium playfield is just kind a bit of a mess and the pro more balanced. The faces are bigger and more recognizable, it is the opposite of AC/DC on this one the bigger faces actually look way better.
That being said, as far as stuff on the playfield it is baron and empty and I thought it would feel a little empty but its even worse in person. The Icarus is much smaller than I expected I don't know why but I just thought it would be bigger and feel like a toy. It doesn't at all, it so small and insignificant it might as well just be a plastic mounted vertically. It really is just a leaper that doesn't make any sense. On Elvira at least they go with the theme.
Third flipper is completely wasted, Stern really just half assed this one when they ripped stuff off to reduce cost. They might as well have just removed the flipper for all the good it is now. I would expect an update just like how they added a Swinging Bell on AC/DC Pro. Stern or someone else is going to change that target to a switch and put the ramp back in. The other option is what cooked71 mentioned make it a roll over and loop around to the back, so its repeatable, this would add basically zero cost. It just doesn't make sense the way it is now. It took one game to go, well that is broken. How Stern just didn't give a shit is really embarrassing. I get they need to reduce cost but the game still needs to make sense.
I don't know if it is just Led Zeppelin or something Stern is starting to do on pins but not having the lanes above the pops is really weird. Another reason it just feels broken. I know people will say there is no skill in moving the unlit lane with the flippers to complete an objective but it's fun and just part of Pinball. Sure it's not challenging but its just what you do as the ball bounces around up there. Didn't Steve Ritchie invent it?! Have they done this on other pins recently?
The rest of the art is what it is, no point in beating a dead horse.

Great review, from someone who didn't play

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3233 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Are you kidding? Icarus WAS Led Zeppelin back in the day, look no further than the center of their LPs from Physical Graffiti forward and their most famous T-shirt of all time from their 1977 US Tour!

Icarus goes with the theme, the little jump up mechanism makes no sense. At least on Elvira the were little leaping frogs. The leaping Icarus is just silly, that little mech has nothing to do with the whole flying to close to the sun or Led Zeppelin.

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Great review, from someone who didn't play

I really appreciate all the feedback and counter points. It was very informative and brings a lot to the discussion. The beauty of the internet is you don't have to read or validate my opinion, feel free to hit that ignore button down below.

#3236 3 years ago

Good response. Can you give us a walk by review of gnr next?

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good response. Can you give us a walk by review of gnr next?

Here I thought we were here to bullshit a little. Is there some criteria for your approval that lets me know what I'm allowed to say?

#3238 3 years ago

No, I think you pretty much nailed it.

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Here I thought we were here to bullshit a little. Is there some criteria for your approval that lets me know what I'm allowed to say?

Just a FYI..

You mentioned unicorn heads etc.. it’s old news now but Stern corrected that issue on the Premium/LE. Shifted the band members pictures slightly.

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just a FYI..
You mentioned unicorn heads etc.. it’s old news now but Stern corrected that issue on the Premium/LE. Shifted the band members pictures slightly.

Yes I'm aware but even with the update I think the Pro looks better. The faces are just bigger and more clear. Everything has room to breath. I didn't expect the Pro playfield to look as good as it does. Its like they did the art in reverse. Typically they just throw in some art (Angus anyone) in the space for whatever they remove for from the playfield. With LZ it seems like they added the rising mech after the fact and just wedged it and those 6 extra inserts in. What are the 4 purple ones for? The art (it kinda looks like a rocket trail of fireworks) leading to each shot looks really good on the pro, kind accentuates the flow. That is lost on the Premium.

#3241 3 years ago

I added a Subwoofer as well as a Shaker motor today.

Sub gooood.

Shaker almost pointless! Really hope in newer codes it gets utilized. Otherwise a total waste of money.

#3242 3 years ago

It will. Some sterns had no shaker code at all on release. You go with a polk or klipsch or???

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I added a Subwoofer as well as a Shaker motor today.
Sub gooood.
Shaker almost pointless! Really hope in newer codes it gets utilized. Otherwise a total waste of money.

Stranger Things just coded the shaker...a year later. Gotta be patient.

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stranger Things just coded the shaker...a year later. Gotta be patient.

And the shaker code update is simply awesome for ST. ST is definitely an awesome game IMO and doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It will. Some sterns had no shaker code at all on release. You go with a polk or klipsch or???

An old JBL

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And the shaker code update is simply awesome for ST. ST is definitely an awesome game IMO and doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.

Yeah, count me in as someone who was less less than impressed with the STh reveal stream, then played it on location, then again and again, and now it's on my short list for my second pin purchase.

#3247 3 years ago

Our Led Zeppelin Hologram Pinball Topper is done and will be available on here and on our website Tuesday evening. These look 10 times better live then on video. This has Swan Song (Icarus), The Hermit, Zeppelin, Hindenburg, guitars, drums, The Object, symbols and more. Their is 16 videos on this video.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Our Led Zeppelin Hologram Pinball Topper is done and will be available on here and on our website Tuesday evening. These look 10 times better live then on video. This has Swan Song (Icarus), The Hermit, Zeppelin, Hindenburg, guitars, drums, symbols and more. Their is 16 videos on this video.

How much will you be selling these for?

The Celebration Day clip is my favourite.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

How much will you be selling these for?
The Celebration Day clip is my favourite.

Thank you. They will be $249.99 on our website, $259.99 here (the difference on price goes to Pinside). It comes with the videos shown plus a few more, it also comes with software that you could load any video on facebook and use it, to have the best effect you want a clip that has a black background. The Celebration clip is their promo clip that is in the public. We have been making these since 2019 and these won the best new mod at the Chicago Pinball Expo in 2019. It comes with the stand as well as a wall mount, if you want to mount on the wall. It is designed to turn on and off with any game, in case you want to move it to another game later, and we sell the video packs for those games for $49.99. We have 40 games done and should have 53 done by the end of February.

pinball expo (resized).jpgpinball expo (resized).jpg
#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Thank you. They will be $249.99 on our website, $259.99 here (the difference on price goes to Pinside). It comes with the videos shown plus a few more, it also comes with software that you could load any video on facebook and use it, to have the best effect you want a clip that has a black background. The Celebration clip is their promo clip that is in the public. We have been making these since 2019 and these won the best new mod at the Chicago Pinball Expo in 2019. It comes with the stand as well as a wall mount, if you want to mount on the wall. It is designed to turn on and off with any game, in case you want to move it to another game later, and we sell the video packs for those games for $49.99. We have 40 games done and should have 53 done by the end of February.
[quoted image]

Anything Metallica related?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 65.99
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/65?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.