E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 68.
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

it sucks getting old lol (56)

I’m 20 years your junior and it bothers me too. I’ve had a xmen LE on loan for a while and I have to put extra light on it. It’s unplayable for me with that colored GI.

ACNC is bad too. I kept a led lamp on that game at all times. Whether I was streaming or not. Haha

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ignorant tool? You're a thinned skinned snowflake, dude. Would love to challenge you to a game of pinball and kick your ass.

It’s getting hot in here!

#3153 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I really appreciate the detailed thoughts. Thank you!
Just a couple corrections. You can't pick your song at the beginning of each ball. You can pick your song at the beginning of the 1st ball and then the songs play according to the set list.
Also, you don't get to choose your shots for each song. That choice is for the four Tour Modes. If you reach those objectives then each Tour Mode has it's own Tour MB.

You can definitely pick a song at the beginning of each ball lol

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

it sucks getting old lol (56). I remember a few years ago dark lighting was a big issue for many people over 50 at Pinburgh. Old eyes just don't adjust as quickly as they used to. Another problem that is starting to crop up are manufacturers using RGB lights for the GI. They just don't provide enough "white" to properly light up a playfield. My Hotwheels and ACNC suffer from this.

No kiddin! I'm pushing 61 and it gets harder to see in the dark every day. And, if I wear my readin glasses, it's blurry and makes me nauseous
Sucks gettin old,,,,,

#3155 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I am sure you will never understand the irony of you calling others trolls

I thought it was clear!
I am a very tall troll and you are a troll that uses a ladder to turn Stern pinball machines on and off

#3156 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You're a thinned skinned snowflake,

Not at all "Dude" LOL

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I thought it was clear!
I am a very tall troll and you are a troll that uses a ladder to turn Stern pinball machines on and off

Actually every post you make shows what a small petty little man you are as for your actuall size you are just another fat slob

Forgot+this+my+favorite+laughing+reaction+image+just+for+you+_d41a035081643e0e1686a58cf65c5280 (resized).jpgForgot+this+my+favorite+laughing+reaction+image+just+for+you+_d41a035081643e0e1686a58cf65c5280 (resized).jpg
#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But it clearly is for Chuck. Haha. Diffusers help, but don’t entirely eliminate the issue.

Honestly the large bright symbols and stark white song inserts were far more a lighting glare issue than the jjp rails IMO.

One gnr is very bright so there is less hot spots and as mentioned the diffusers work. There is no real “bulb in my eye issues”

Lz in contrast was much darker overall so white lights were much more stark. Plus they right in the center of the pf. Even when in the green state, it’s pretty bright. I expect the pinstadium crowd to seek this game out

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Actually every post you make shows what a small petty little man you are as for your actuall size you are just another fat slob
[quoted image]

Dude that is so lame your not even the least bit creative and your stock photos have become stale.I’m guessing in the real world you wouldn’t say half of the shit you do here?Your hiding but you know where I am

#3160 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

You can definitely pick a song at the beginning of each ball lol

Thanks for clarifying Ray. I guess what through me off was once you choose a song, the songs always progress in the order of the set list.

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude that is so lame your not even the least bit creative and your stock photos have become stale.I’m guessing in the real world you wouldn’t say half of the shit you do here?

Can the 3 of you please STFU, Jesus Christ. Do you guys follow each other around and shit in various threads?

#3162 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude that is so lame your not even the least bit creative and your stock photos have become stale.I’m guessing in the real world you wouldn’t say half of the shit you do here?

LOL I would not hesitate to tell you to f@#k off in person and few others on pinside deserve the lack of respect you do boy

#3163 3 years ago

Take it to PMs guys. Ridiculous having to read around your two’s crap for chatter related to the game.

#3164 3 years ago

I just like seeing all the “ignored user’s comments above”. I knew I made the right decision!

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

I just like seeing all the “ignored user’s comments above”. I knew I made the right decision!

Truer words never spoken

#3166 3 years ago

In terms of the long ball times: setup is everything. Game playing too long? Steepen it up, open up the outlanes. Game is now fast and hard, booya!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3167 3 years ago

See a number of posts from people who are enjoying the way this pin shoots. My question is which shots or combos do you feel are satisfying?

#3168 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

See a number of posts from people who are enjoying the way this pin shoots. My question is which shots or combos do you feel are satisfying?

Backhand to left ramp/center ramp/right ramp/left scoop. That is a very satisfying combo.

Also just combo ramps and terminate at any target bank to build multiplier is fun.

Several good combos terminate at the Hermit target , so on the premium/le that is gonna return to the right flipper to continue the combo.

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Firstly,
I feel like I have more control of the ball with this game..catching while ball is screaming and then walking it down the left flipper..
Backhand left ramp, a lil farther down the flipper for middle ramp, and then left flipper again to right ramp. All in about 5 secs
And the sound effects are great when you start nailing the combos
Another great sequence is how fast you can hit the 3 Zeppelin locks all with the left flipper also

#3170 3 years ago

Looks like LEs are coming in the next couple weeks. I’ll be curious what everyone’s reviews will be. I love Led Zeppelin so I could see me picking up a prem/le down the road after I get to play one. Should be an exciting next couple of weeks!

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What game from the 70s do people feel this game is similar to? These comments are baffling to me. Haha

Back in the 70s machines where slow and it was always about nudging.
This is alot like that in a big way.

#3172 3 years ago

I was able to play a LZ Pro today at BangBack Pinball in 5 Points - Columbia, SC.
A couple of notes about my experience. I am a huge Zepp fan, so just hearing the songs in the game got the juices going!
The negs:
I agree with others, the launch shot from the plunger is uninspired. Soft or hard with a pull and the result is the same. The feeling is "meh".
The upper flipper is useless in the Pro edition. There is zero satisfaction in hitting a shot off of the upper flipper. I hope this will not be an issue in the Premium.
The open play field looks nice, but it could have better art for sure. The pics of the LZ member's heads are much larger in person than I imagined after viewing the online photos. I'm not sure the band's 4 images are the best Stern could have done for their only presence on the field.
The lack of lighting in the black side blades add to the empty look inside the "box". Bang Back has at least 14 modern pins on location and out of all them, the LZ Pro has the most simplified basic playfield. If it wasn't for the fact that it is a LZ machine, I would walk by this all day without the urge to see what is inside. Stern definitely left owners with plenty of real estate for mods and the vendors that create them.

The positives:
Did I mention it rocks Led Zeppelin tunes? Lol... After 1 game, I asked the owner Fred to crank it up for me so I could hear it over all of the other machines. He obliged and proceeded to tack on some free credits. He spent a round playing the game showing me and my wife the possible shots/rules of the game. Thanks Fred! You rock!
The game plays really fast with the open playfield and ramp shots are easy to hit repeatedly. (I am no Pinball Wizard). For some reason, the majority of my drains occurred on the left side and I had a challenge trying to keep a ball going for a whole song. I'm not sure I was successful doing that during my 30 minutes of pumping quarters into the thing. While the game appears minimalistic, I did enjoy the challenge of trying to keep it going as long as I could.
The Pro Led Zeppelin III cabinet artwork looks awesome and I really wished Stern would have made this the Premium design instead of LZ I album cover (burning Zeppelin).
The video screen animations are cool with a blend of psychedelic concert footage and modern day graphics.

I look forward to trying out a Premium before I decide whether to buy this pin or not. It is disappointing to see a music themed release that appears to be unfinished in so many areas. Fingers crossed for a better premium experience in the near future.

#3173 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Back in the 70s machines where slow and it was always about nudging.
This is alot like that in a big way.

How is this game slow? Looks nothing like that in the videos.

#3174 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not slow at all. I’m as baffled as you by this claim.

#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No the game is crazy fast but games in 70s were slow and required lots of nudging.

This is Wicked fast and requires lots of nudging.

#3176 3 years ago

Here are my thoughts on Zeppelin pro. After owning it for a day and putting on a good amount of plays. The good, music and sound is great which is obvious. LCD animations are really good. Lots of cool custom animation and live footage. Gameplay played pretty easy when I first set it up. Took the out lane rubbers, out which helped it a lot. It's a fast flowing game, but pretty empty. Right side of the play field seems really empty. I feel like the side ramp on the premium will help the Upper flipper. On the pro seems pointless hitting that stand up. In single ball play puts the balls in too much danger. Code is alright for base, but definitely needs some work. Feels a bit grindy at times making song shots. Overall fast fun game with good code. Great theme, but be prepared for an empty play field with no major toy.

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Here are my thoughts on Zeppelin pro. After owning it for a day and putting on a good amount of plays. The good, music and sound is great which is obvious. LCD animations are really good. Lots of cool custom animation and live footage. Gameplay played pretty easy when I first set it up. Took the out lane rubbers, out which helped it a lot. It's a fast flowing game, but pretty empty. Right side of the play field seems really empty. I feel like the side ramp on the premium will help the Upper flipper. On the pro seems pointless hitting that stand up. In single ball play puts the balls in too much danger. Code is alright for base, but definitely needs some work. Feels a bit grindy at times making song shots. Overall fast fun game with good code. Great theme, but be prepared for an empty play field with no major toy.

Any recent Ritchie pins you can compare it to? I’m a huge Star Wars fan but for me personally that was one of the worst pins I’ve ever owned. My buddy even bought an le with topper. We played it for a night and both agreed it was bad. Others loved it And thats fine but I didn’t even want to buy it from my buddy. Seems like Ritchie pins are hit or miss. I have a black Knight le and i finally have someone wanting to buy it but Elwin pins really seem to hold there value. Ritchie pins not so much. I love Led Zeppelin so playing it this week at my buddies. He will be getting a pro

#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Any recent Ritchie pins you can compare it to? I’m a huge Star Wars fan but for me personally that was one of the worst pins I’ve ever owned. My buddy even bought an le with topper. We played it for a night and both agreed it was bad. Others loved it And thats fine but I didn’t even want to buy it from my buddy. Seems like Ritchie pins are hit or miss. I have a black Knight le and i finally have someone wanting to buy it but Elwin pins really seem to hold there value. I love Led Zeppelin so playing it this week at my buddies. He will be getting a pro

Can't really compare it kind of feels like Steve, mixed a bunch of his games. The left side of the game reminds me a bit of No Fear. Code does remind me of black knight a bit.

#3179 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Can't really compare it kind of feels like Steve, mixed a bunch of his games. The left side of the game reminds me a bit of No Fear. Code does remind me of black knight a bit.

Cool, I’m still excited to play It

#3180 3 years ago

Lol , this thread has it's comical side
Pinball Showdown of the Week = Ignorant tool in This Corner Vs Thinned skinned snowflake in The other,
Who wins Best of 5 games 2 each on the Hard R&M and 2 on the Easy LZpro And 5th game if needed Comes down to which game you both feel is more fun and if tied on opinion then coin flip

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Any recent Ritchie pins you can compare it to? I’m a huge Star Wars fan but for me personally that was one of the worst pins I’ve ever owned. My buddy even bought an le with topper. We played it for a night and both agreed it was bad. Others loved it And thats fine but I didn’t even want to buy it from my buddy. Seems like Ritchie pins are hit or miss. I have a black Knight le and i finally have someone wanting to buy it but Elwin pins really seem to hold there value. Ritchie pins not so much. I love Led Zeppelin so playing it this week at my buddies. He will be getting a pro

If you don’t like Star Wars, you won’t like LZ. They are very similar, although LZ is easier so if that was your only hang up on Star Wars, then maybe. That being said, if you couldn’t like Star Wars after owning it, this one is unlikely to be any different for you.

Also, Elwin has designed 3 pins— all within the last few years. Hard to compare those values to a designer that goes back 30+ years.

#3182 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

If you don’t like Star Wars, you won’t like LZ. They are very similar, although LZ is easier so if that was your only hang up on Star Wars, then maybe. That being said, if you couldn’t like Star Wars after owning it, this one is unlikely to be any different for you.
Also, Elwin has designed 3 pins— all within the last few years. Hard to compare those values to a designer that goes back 30+ years.

Thanks for the feedback.I’ll definitely need to play it first.

For the value/hit or miss, I was more comparing it to the lcd screen era which would be SW, BKSOR and now LZ. Probably a bad comparison but it’s why I pulled the trigger on an avengers LE and not LZ LE.

I do think we will get an LZ just need to play it to see what mode and if we do NiB

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3183 3 years ago

Those who say the upper flipper shot is useless, it seems to be a pretty important shot in some modes. It may not be a satisfying shot on the Pro, but it certainly isn't useless.

Shooting the upper flipper shot will award:
● + time seconds to Icarus X timer
● 2X song scoring value (when song arrow is lit)
● And it awards one of the following (awards for current ball in play only):
○ Super Spinner (boosted spinner value for 100 spins)
○ Super Pops (boosted pop bumpers for 100 hits)
○ Super Slings (Slingshot values 5000 for up to 100 hits)
○ Super Ramps (2x Song awards on ramps) for up to 10 ramp shots

And This During Zeppelin MB:

Once all jackpots are made and super jackpot is lit at the left eject, and 2x super jackpot is lit at
the upper flipper shot. Completing ROCK, LED, and ZEP targets prior to collecting will multiply
the super jackpot up to 3x (6x if you collect on the upper flipper shot). Collecting either super
jackpot shot unlights the other one and starts you over at the beginning collecting jackpot shots.

And This During Tour MB 1977

● Switch Frenzy [US 1977]
○ All switches score points and add it to the jackpot
○ Jackpot always lit at left eject
○ Super jackpot equal to 3x jackpot is available at side target / ramp
○ Collecting jackpot or super jackpot increases switch values (increases more
with super jackpot) and resets jackpot value

#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Those who say the upper flipper shot is useless, it seems to be a pretty important shot in some modes. It may not be a satisfying shot on the Pro, but it certainly isn't useless.
Once all jackpots are made and super jackpot is lit at the left eject, and 2x super jackpot is lit at
the upper flipper shot. Completing ROCK, LED, and ZEP targets prior to collecting will multiply
the super jackpot up to 3x (6x if you collect on the upper flipper shot). Collecting either super
jackpot shot unlights the other one and starts you over at the beginning collecting jackpot shots.

I agree and find it a rewarding shot. Not easy to hit yet.
Plus after hit you must watch out for a very fast right lane drain.

#3185 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

In multi ball I'll go for it. In single ball play in competition with difficult out lanes no way I'm shooting that shot.

#3186 3 years ago

This game is Bloody Fun!

Weeeeeeeeeee

#3187 3 years ago

Got a chance to play LZ last night and figured I would share a couple of thoughts.

Based purely on feel, the game reminds me most of Star Trek - which is a good thing. Fast and flowy, makes me feel like I am better at pinball than I really am.

Upper flipper shot feels tighter than it needs to be (plenty of space to make it wider). Perhaps the code compensates for this and really makes it valuable at certain times. Personally, would have preferred it to be wider and less valuable to keep the flow going, especially considering the premium is a ramp.

I am excited to play the premium/LE to really get a feel for the additions. It seems some premium upgrades (TMNT, Deadpool, JP) are fun but don't drastically change the experience that you get when you play the machine. This game (along with GOT, Black Knight) it seems like the premium will be a massive difference in gameplay and feel of the machine. The right side feels empty, there is just a lot physical space between flipper and where that ramp is. The magic spinner that pops up will help this out, I just have no idea if I will like the feature or not until I play it.

If this is a miss for Stern, well then I think we should all feel pretty lucky at where we are in pinball. Still a fun, middle of the road new pinball machine.

#3188 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin's self-titled debut album arrived today in 1969.

"From beginning to end, the 45-minute, nine-track LP is a perfect projection of rock and roll’s not too distant future, a future it would heavily impact. It isn’t quite the dreamy fantasy that later volumes were, but it is the first hard rock domino that lays the groundwork for everything the band would accomplish. It is the start of an evolution. The reissue of this classic captures the crispness of every detail. It is almost like hearing it anew. “Your Time Is Gonna Come” rolls out an elastic bass line that snaps back to match the cadence of the steel guitar as Robert Plant belts out the chorus like the leader of a gospel choir." — Time Magazine

81SNg56GQhL._SL1425_ (resized).jpg81SNg56GQhL._SL1425_ (resized).jpg
#3189 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

Led Zeppelin's self-titled debut album arrived today in 1969.
"From beginning to end, the 45-minute, nine-track LP is a perfect projection of rock and roll’s not too distant future, a future it would heavily impact. It isn’t quite the dreamy fantasy that later volumes were, but it is the first hard rock domino that lays the groundwork for everything the band would accomplish. It is the start of an evolution. The reissue of this classic captures the crispness of every detail. It is almost like hearing it anew. “Your Time Is Gonna Come” rolls out an elastic bass line that snaps back to match the cadence of the steel guitar as Robert Plant belts out the chorus like the leader of a gospel choir." — Time Magazine
[quoted image]

I'll be playing it as I set up in ( hopefully) 10 days !

#3190 3 years ago

Zeppelin one. As a teenager, was my first cassette purchase. Soon to follow would be the rest that they had to offer. Truly my favorite band. Still remember, vividly, the day Bonzo died.

#3191 3 years ago

Pro code on Stern website

#3192 3 years ago

weird..cant unzip on 2 diff computers

#3193 3 years ago

On the slam tilt podcast Tim confirmed no stairway in the game. It was nice to hear RayDay was working on rules/modes and continual improvements. Its a good listen.

#3194 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

On the slam tilt podcast Tim confirmed no stairway in the game. It was nice to hear RayDay was working on rules/modes and continual improvements. Its a good listen.

I dont know if that's good or bad, no stairway. It doesn't really feel like pinball music until last 2 minutes, but is the song that has defined them.

#3195 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

They disclose what is so special about the ? Mode?

Maybe Tim was Dazed and Confused?

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For so long its not true?

#3197 3 years ago

He gave no other insights into that unfortunately

Quoted from Psw757:

#3198 3 years ago

After 20 or so games on it, gotta say the game shoots great and is a lot of fun. Upper flipper shot on the Pro is a little wonky but not a deal breaker. Being a player that likes to flip on the fly, the combo-centric rule set is appealing to me.

By no means is this a sharp shooter game like JP2 (and nor should it be), but perfect for drinking a beer, tapping your foot, and rocking out.

Ramble on!!

7065C197-B1BA-4AE8-9EF0-109AD4AE9D2A (resized).jpeg7065C197-B1BA-4AE8-9EF0-109AD4AE9D2A (resized).jpeg

#3199 3 years ago

OK, I now understand why the base bonus is so small in the current code. You can loop the center ramp with the left flipper collecting lane completions for Bonus X. The loop is quite fast and extremely easy to hit. I was doing this today on location. The shot is so easy I would only miss about every 15 to 20 shots. So you are getting a bonus X every 4 shots, which only takes about 15-20 seconds. I had 21X bonus in only 5 or 6 minutes of doing this. Even that only equated to about 4.5 million. But there is potential there for a major exploit, especially in later balls when you have played a lot of songs.

I hope this gets tweaked in the code.

#3200 3 years ago

This hype thread seems to have died...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/64?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.