E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 68.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gotta hand it to Stern. They have convinced the world that the smallest, cheapest standup is a toy.

LOL JJP has convinced people that G&R is full of toys

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL JJP has convinced people that G&R is full of toys

I've got no dog in the fight as I've dropped my LZ LE Preorder, but GNR is definitely not packed with toys. Spinning record? Nah. "Kinetic" diverter? Nope. Ball lock? No. It's 100% more impressively packaged and presented though than LZ.

I've watched the 2 Deadflip streams a bunch. Honestly LZ reminds me of a really fast early solid state but with modern ramps, sounds and lighting. Ripping a spinner is the main feature. Ball only stops in a couple gobble holes plus the spinner of course. Super fast. Super flow. Super spinner.

Presentation: GNR wins
Toys: LZ beats GNR 1-0
Music: Personal preference, although GNR has many more songs
Callouts: GNR for sure
Rules: GNR. Deepers, but greater risk/reward, but you better like multiballs.
Quick Delivery: LZ for sure
Maintenance: LZ wins
Fun: Up to you.

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've got no dog in the fight as I've dropped my LZ LE Preorder, but GNR is definitely not packed with toys. Spinning record? Nah. "Kinetic" diverter? Nope. Ball lock? No. It's 100% more impressively packaged and presented though than LZ.
I've watched the 2 Deadflip streams a bunch. Honestly LZ reminds me of a really fast early solid state but with modern ramps, sounds and lighting. Ripping a spinner is the main feature. Ball only stops in a couple gobble holes plus the spinner of course. Super fast. Super flow. Super spinner.

JY64 speaks with a forked tongue but thank you for a fair assessment

#3004 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JY64 speaks with a forked tongue but thank you for a fair assessment

Not at all I am consistent in what I say

#3005 3 years ago

in fact, you misundertand...

the thing with GNR is to succeed to stay on 1 ball only, more than 1 minute ! that's the real test !!!

#3006 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

in fact, you misundertand...
the thing with GNR is to succeed to stay on 1 ball only, more than 1 minute ! that's the real test !!!

I think they either designed it and said:

We have all this great song content and holy crap this game is tough. Move the scoop to the middle and add a shitload of balls.

#3007 3 years ago

I think they either designed it and said:
We have all this great song content and holy crap this game is tough. Move the scoop to the middle and add a shitload of balls.

There are 16 songs on GNR that I've never heard of, talk about overkill. Meanwhile every song on LZ is a classic, plus there are many more classics that could have been added.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

There are 16 songs on GNR that I've never heard of, talk about overkill. Meanwhile every song on LZ is a classic, plus there are many more classics that could have been added.

I agree on Zep. Love them much more than GNR. GNR is really Appetite, Lies and a couple other songs.

There are better Zep songs IMO, but I understand why they included what they did. Still not convinced I like the rules though.

#3009 3 years ago

GNR has a 6 ball physical ball lock that is made to look like the handle of a guitar, damn impressive. Theres also the upper mini playfield, moving stage light toys (that move up down / side to side), the moving mini drum symbols, spinning disk, multiple molded pieces, and the mini concert stage LCD.

LZ beats GNR in toys? LOL! Looks like more then a few were missed from your list.

Oh, you can get mini stage lights in LZ, they just don't come with the game and instead are on the $850 topper. Also, the lights only move side to side versus up down, diagonal, etc as with the GNR mini stage lights. What a joke.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GNR has a 6 ball physical ball lock that is made to look like the handle of a guitar, damn impressive. Theres also the upper mini playfield, moving stage light toys (that move up down / side to side), the moving mini drum symbols, spinning disk, multiple molded pieces, and the mini concert stage LCD.
LZ beats GNR in toys? LOL! Looks like more then a few were missed from your list.
Oh, you can get mini stage lights in LZ, they just don't come with the game and instead are on the $850 topper. Also, the lights only move side to side versus up down, diagonal, etc as with the GNR mini stage lights. What a joke.

Interactive toys or figures? I added Neca figures to my Maiden. That doesn't give it 3 extra toys.

#3011 3 years ago

Interactive toys or figures? I added Neca figures to my Maiden. That doesn't give it 3 extra toys.

Just ordered my mcfarlane jimmy page. +1 toys lol

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Just ordered my mcfarlane jimmy page. +1 toys lol

Sweet. I'd do the same. The mini guitars site stuff looked cool too.

#3013 3 years ago

Sweet. I'd do the same. The mini guitars site stuff looked cool too.

Yes! Good call.

#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I dont understand why you insist on your constant comments. You don't like the game, you didn't order, you don't want it. We get it. Its ok. Thats why there are different companies making different pins. As of now, I think lz is a better game for me than gnr. Maybe I'll change my mind later, time will tell.

#3015 3 years ago

My led zeppelin pro arrived hoping to pick it up at my distributor tomorrow.

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Most people including myself realize that Led Zeppelin is a lot better band then GnR!But we can almost all see that GnR is a better pin then Led Zeppelin

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Most people including myself realize that Led Zeppelin is a lot better band then GnR!But we can almost all see that GnR is a better pin then Led Zeppelin

Yet hear you are in the LZ thread and this is the only post in G&R is hear thread in the last week LOL "Not sure if this is a thread that keeps track of bugs for GNR LE but here are a couple to add to the list...
Patience Multiball... hit the button to collect a 750000 jackpot and the game reset...
During certain multiballs some shots don't have sounds...I'm thinking this is just programming that has to catch up but it sometimes makes me wonder if my switches are working properly... (yes i have checked my switches)
I have experienced other bugs but will be more diligent in recording."

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yet hear you are in the LZ thread and this is the only post in G&R is hear thread in the last week LOL "Not sure if this is a thread that keeps track of bugs for GNR LE but here are a couple to add to the list...
Patience Multiball... hit the button to collect a 750000 jackpot and the game reset...
During certain multiballs some shots don't have sounds...I'm thinking this is just programming that has to catch up but it sometimes makes me wonder if my switches are working properly... (yes i have checked my switches)
I have experienced other bugs but will be more diligent in recording."

Wow man you need to get a life.I realize you live in a small world but damn man get off of my case you little monkey.Oh by the way most intelligent people on Pinside realize that with any new pin there is a setup and a learning curb.The guy with the resets figured out that his power supply plug was not completely pushed in all the way.

#3019 3 years ago

Well my son says where's the rest of the stuff on the playfield. My wife said she liked diner better and we're selling it. I'm still debating I've only put on about 12 games.

It's not looking good right now it plays super fast but like my son stated it is quite barren.

I am not saying it's another monsters the songs are good the sounds are good but I at this point do not think it's a keeper.

#3020 3 years ago

Why does EVERY Stern thread turn into a bash fest by JJP supporters??? It is as if the only safe place for people to enjoy their Stern games is the owner / club thread. Absent that, JJP defenders feel entitled to spout off ad nauseum about how their games have more toys on them and how they are "worth" more money. This is a Stern game's hype thread. By definition that would make it a thread for people who are excited about the game to meet and discuss and talk positively. Yet the same old people have to troll and talk shit. Its exhausting and pathetic.

I prefer Stern games. I have played all JJP games at shows and barcades. I find all of them deficient and for the most part, boring. Just not fun to shoot (absent Pirates). But you know what? I don't go into every JJP thread and say this. Why would I? I don't visit their threads, and I don't espouse my opinion as fact over and over and over again. I actually went into a few JJP threads recently to check, went through about 20 pages of threads, I didn't find Stern people talking about how JJP games are boring / bad themes / not fun to shoot, even though many people feel this way.

There specifically is a GNR vs LZ thread. Take your negativity there. Or get a life.

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Well my son says where's the rest of the stuff on the playfield. My wife said she liked diner better and we're selling it. I'm still debating I've only put on about 12 games.
It's not looking good right now it plays super fast but like my son stated it is quite barren.
I am not saying it's another monsters the songs are good the sounds are good but I at this point do not think it's a keeper.

This is my concern also. Great to play on route but does it have legs to stay in a collection for even six months? It’s just so barren for a modern day pinball.

I really wanted to love this pin even before I saw it, but I was worried if Stern would be able to pull it off art wise or playing. I am sure it will play fun, but for how long?

GnR art wise JJP hit it out of the park. I was really considering getting one but not a big huge GnR fan other than Appettite and Illusions. The LE looks amazing but the heavy MB I don’t care for. But I want to play it at some point but doubt will buy because getting EHOH hopefully and Godzilla. EHOH is just a great game and deep.

I am a big LZ fan but with the barren playfield and just a spinner, rising spinner, and four ramps on the premium and good songs is just not enough to spend over $7500 for it NIB. Pro is cheaper but you lose the rising spinner, a ramp, and lights in an all ready sparse playfield.

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This is my concern also. Great to play on route but does it have legs to stay in a collection for even six months? It’s just so barren for a modern day pinball.
I really wanted to love this pin even before I saw it, but I was worried if Stern would be able to pull it off art wise or playing. I am sure it will play fun, but for how long?
GnR art wise JJP hit it out of the park. I was really considering getting one but not a big huge GnR fan other than Appettite and Illusions. The LE looks amazing but the heavy MB I don’t care for. But I want to play it at some point but doubt will buy because getting EHOH hopefully and Godzilla. EHOH is just a great game and deep.
I am a big LZ fan but with the barren playfield and just a spinner, rising spinner, and four ramps on the premium and good songs is just not enough to spend over $7500 for it NIB. Pro is cheaper but you lose the rising spinner, a ramp, and lights in an all ready sparse playfield.

Premium or LE was the only way to go, I knew this the first second I saw it. Too many significant things missing.

Can’t wait to get my LE.

I’m sure the Pro will do well for operators when and if business gets crankin again.

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Premium or LE was the only way to go, I knew this the first second I saw it. Too many significant things missing.
Can’t wait to get my LE.
I’m sure the Pro will do well for operators when and if business gets crankin again.

Hopefully business’s will be able to open up. Don’t want this stupid shutdown crap end up shutting down arcades. How much more can owner operators take staying closed. Premium is definitely the way to go but can’t justify the cost. I hope you enjoy your LE. Post pics when you can.

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Play Fun?

Well don't count on it!

Sorry to say it's not a keeper. IMO

I can't even see the drop targets do to backglass being so bright.

It's not a Turd it's just I have so many that are better that I'll be trading it for a different title.

I think if I went LE I'd be even more bent.
Just not WoWed

#3025 3 years ago

It's very easy to turn down the brightness of the back box in the settings.

Was Guardians fun on release code? Stranger Things?

You've laid out the money. Don't give up before the code has had a few updates.

Then you may still realize it's not a keeper. But give it a chance...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Play Fun?
Well don't count on it!
Sorry to say it's not a keeper. IMO
It's not a Turd it's just I have so many that are better that I'll be trading it for a different title.

You know you can dim the backglass lights? Most of mine are are at 30% for gameplay and 100% in attract. I bought an le, comes with invisiglass, which I've never had. I agree premium was probably way to go on this, but the pro will still be a fast fun shooter with excellent music.

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You know you can dim the backglass lights? Most of mine are ar 30% for gameplay and 100% in attract. I bought an le, comes with invisiglass, which I've never had. I agree premium was probably way to go on this, but the pro will still be a fast fun shooter with excellent music.

I did not know I could Dim the backglass under what setting do I look.

Thanks

#3028 3 years ago

Its a good feature, as soon as you're done playing they go to what ever level you set for attract. Don't give up on it yet, I think it takes a bit to get used to those long shots. Much harder than it looks. Good luck!

#3029 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I did not know I could Dim the backglass under what setting do I look.
Thanks

Adjustments/Standard, then go backwards cause on some games it's way deep into the adjustments, like #103

#3030 3 years ago

With all the new young guns that are supporting the code now, I anticipate all stern games going forward are going to get fleshed out even better than they have been. Pumped to see how these newest games turn out.

#3031 3 years ago

Had to copy this over from the Funny Captions thread...

zep coolant (resized).jpgzep coolant (resized).jpg
#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gotta hand it to Stern. They have convinced the world that the smallest, cheapest standup is a toy.

True.

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its a good feature, as soon as you're done playing they go to what ever level you set for attract. Don't give up on it yet, I think it takes a bit to get used to those long shots. Much harder than it looks. Good luck!

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Adjustments/Standard, then go backwards cause on some games it's way deep into the adjustments, like #103

Thanks you guys just felt alittle let down.
I'll get on it tomorrow with no family around to disturb my opinion.
It is always a bummer when they don't support a new title.

#3034 3 years ago

Can I open ANY thread without the JJP/Stern debate going on? Holy fuck you nerds need to get a life. Or a room maybe? You already have a GNR vs LZ showdown thread, stay in there.

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You know you can dim the backglass lights? Most of mine are are at 30% for gameplay and 100% in attract. I bought an le, comes with invisiglass, which I've never had. I agree premium was probably way to go on this, but the pro will still be a fast fun shooter with excellent music.

I set my back glass to 6% during game play. That way there is virtually no glare, but it still lights up enough to give an effect to the image.

#3036 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to trying invisiglass. I have the bent plastic piece on ehoh and it gets rid of all the speaker light. Helps a bit on backgkass, but turned down its not noticable

#3037 3 years ago

My backglass turns off while playing.

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Buy yourself a polk woofer , it will really wake it up. Best mod or add on there is in my opinion.

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Why does EVERY Stern thread turn into a bash fest by JJP supporters??? It is as if the only safe place for people to enjoy their Stern games is the owner / club thread. Absent that, JJP defenders feel entitled to spout off ad nauseum about how their games have more toys on them and how they are "worth" more money. This is a Stern game's hype thread. By definition that would make it a thread for people who are excited about the game to meet and discuss and talk positively. Yet the same old people have to troll and talk shit. Its exhausting and pathetic.
I prefer Stern games. I have played all JJP games at shows and barcades. I find all of them deficient and for the most part, boring. Just not fun to shoot (absent Pirates). But you know what? I don't go into every JJP thread and say this. Why would I? I don't visit their threads, and I don't espouse my opinion as fact over and over and over again. I actually went into a few JJP threads recently to check, went through about 20 pages of threads, I didn't find Stern people talking about how JJP games are boring / bad themes / not fun to shoot, even though many people feel this way.
There specifically is a GNR vs LZ thread. Take your negativity there. Or get a life.

JJP folk have too much time before their ball drains, so they come here to waste time while they play. 30-40 min games? Hell no.

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

JJP folk have too much time before their ball drains, so they come here to waste time while they play. 30-40 min games? Hell no.

Actually the truth is I was just over there and their all talking about how much they love playing GnR.
Game of the year 2020

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This is not a club thread, in the LZ club thread there is no bashing of the game like you described above. Criticism in non club threads is normal.

There are people in this thread that have randomly brought up something negative about JJP and or their games yet are now upset when people reply with a critical response to such a post...wow.

Let's not forget why club threads were originally created. Back in 2011 - 2013 anytime a WOZ thread was created it would result in a JJP vs Stern battle. The mods had to create a club thread for WOZ where owners of the game could actually discuss it without being attacked.

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I set my back glass to 6% during game play. That way there is virtually no glare, but it still lights up enough to give an effect to the image.

Where is the setting?

#3043 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Buy yourself a polk woofer , it will really wake it up. Best mod or add on there is in my opinion.

I'll borrow it from my Avatar

#3044 3 years ago

I dunno man. Your views are about 5 years out of date.

Spotify has 114 million subscribers, Apple Music had 72 million.

Just with those services, almost 200 million legal consumers of music. And their subscriber base is growing quickly.

Of course there is still piracy, but it’s less of an issue than it used to be.

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Jesus you people are a bunch of snowflakes... whining because you cant see a video of your 8K toy.
Artists have been getting ripped off since Napster and everyone is so used to stealing intellectual property that its now a problem to say thats not ok?
Put yourself in the artists shoes...
If you spent all that time and money creating something and any asshole anywhere could just reuse it and not give you a dime you wouldn't care?
People scream and hollar on here when their bootleg art is copied for fuckssake but stealing music is ok?
You want to use music on your lame ass podcast or you tube video? here is a novel concept maybe pay for it?... ... or create your own? otherwise STFU.

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Quoted from romulusx:

Actually the truth is I was just over there and their all talking about how much they love playing GnR.
Game of the year 2020

Luckily awards mean nothing, especially whatever a Twipy is. Only opinion that matters, is our own. Never watched a podcast, never will, I've got a life outside of pinball. BTW Oktoberfest is my favorite game ever!

#3046 3 years ago

Brightness adjustment done down to 6%

Huge difference!

Many thanks again guys

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This is not a club thread, in the LZ club thread there is no bashing of the game like you described above. Criticism in non club threads is normal.
There are people in this thread that have randomly brought up something negative about JJP and or their games yet are now upset when people reply with a critical response to such a post...wow.
Let's not forget why club threads were originally created. Back in 2011 - 2013 anytime a WOZ thread was created it would result in a JJP vs Stern battle. The mods had to create a club thread for WOZ where owners of the game could actually discuss it without being attacked.

Just remember don't bitch the next time I drop into a JJP thread LOL

#3048 3 years ago

I just posted this on the G&R is hear thread but its all good "romulusx and PanzerFreak have been bashing LZ on the Stern LZ hype thread they say it's not a club thread so it's all good. So G&R is a blinged out piece of shit remember folks this is not a club thread so it's all good"

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Turn gameplay/backlight setting to 7%

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Turn gameplay/backlight setting to 7%

Or 6% probly even better

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 300.00
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/61?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.