E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 68.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Or bksor or munsters. We can still hope tho, right?

Don't get me started on Munsters

My worst purchase ever!

Hate that game

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

My worst purchase ever!
Hate that game

Just curious, what do you hate about it (specifically).

I played it on location (premium) and thought it was decent, but also remember winning a free game and being disappointed that I had to play another game...

Couldn’t put my finger on what I didn’t like about it though.

#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

My worst purchase ever!
Hate that game

I just traded a bksor with topper for munsters pro and buncha cash. Its not horrible, fairly shallow, but wife and others like it. It will move shortly. I did not like bksor, got old way too quick, and I love SR games, like LZ!

#2954 3 years ago

And pinchild, you cannot fairly compare gnr with lz pro, I see you have both listed in your collection. I think they missed on the pro lz, it will still shoot fast and fun but no lights or spinner. I want to put some time on a gnr if one shows up around here. Someday

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Or bksor or munsters. We can still hope tho, right?

WOF.....

But on the flip side WPT

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

The layouts good, but the code is pretty bad. It's one game I wish they would go back to and overhaul, because it has potential.
grandpas basement gets old pretty fast, the quest to the wizards are identical, and the jackpot system never made sense to me (I just cancelled it every time).
I had more fun playing WWE. The layout was weird with the ring, but the code was actually ok from what I remember.

#2957 3 years ago

When I first saw the first video of this machine (Premium/LE) I knew instantly a must buy. But at this time it's a tough decision due to a 25% tarif for specific products from the US. Unfortunately pinball machines are in this category. Hopefully the relationship between the US and the EU will et better soon - enough said.

Okay tough decision - but I made an okay deal with my AIQ LE which is also a great machine, but it lacks a bit of the magic with e.g. AC/DC has. I am pretty sure I will get back on a AIQ Premium once the software is complete and a premium is available for a reasonable price.

What do I mean with magic. Well turn the machine on, start the game, choose your song and get the rhythm Only band themed machine can do this. Although I am 50 :-O I am "too" young to be a LED Zeppelin fan which does not mean I don't appreciate their music - I do 100%, not all of it but they are absolutely great as musicians and the songs are perfect for playing pinball. JJPs GNR will have the even better "theme" integration and I hope that this will also be a great machine. For me it's not this or that - I can enjoy awesome machines in general.

Regarding "Stairway to heaven", well I did also not! miss "Nothing else matters". Hopefully Stern will not go the route and combine it or other feature with a topper. This is bad direction... understandable from a company profit point of view, but annoying for the customers. Maybe so annoying that you skip future machines.

Some people complain about the coloring of the armors on the LE - I am also not 100% convinced, but I hope it looks better in person. Some people complain also about the main toy... I think, it's great. There is a statement - even with the toy up you can make all shots - hopefully that is more true than that you hit the center ramp with all flippers But either way no showstopper.

I really look forward getting my machine in 4-6 weeks.

p.s.
CCR songs would also fit perfectly playing pinball.
p.p.s.
It's a bit sad that we have with KISS, AC/DC, LED Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden but also Metallica and GNR music themes my daughters (19 and 21) only know from history lessons they got from dad.

#2958 3 years ago

Today they even mentioned the LZ pinball machines on a regular radio station in Belgium!
Was very surprised, they were just naming new stuff and influences from rockbands and the pinball came up very briefly!

Seems like LZ still is a license which demands attention

#2959 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It will take JJP till 2023 to get out the next 2 games

Who cares? Haste makes waste. I rather see JJP make a super loaded BTTF pin that has a ton of modes covering all 3 movies versus Stern making it based only on the first film with 6 modes and little on the playfield.

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Who cares? Haste makes waste. I rather see JJP make a super loaded BTTF pin that has a ton of modes covering all 3 movies

You left out 2 too many modes and too much stuff so that gameplay is slow and tedious.

I'll take the Stern with the first film and maybe the second with just enough stuff on the PF and fast flow gameplay. The third film stank.

#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Just curious, what do you hate about it (specifically).
I played it on location (premium) and thought it was decent, but also remember winning a free game and being disappointed that I had to play another game...

Super easy to complete.
I enjoy machines with deep rules and challenging shots/modes.
Musters had neither.

Sounds were good but I wanted it gone after less than 100 plays.

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just traded a bksor with topper for munsters pro and buncha cash. Its not horrible, fairly shallow, but wife and others like it. It will move shortly. I did not like bksor, got old way too quick, and I love SR games, like LZ!

Truly nervous about LZ nothing worse than a NIB purchase gone wrong.
Should have mine by Wednesday
Fingers crossed

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You left out 2 too many modes and too much stuff so that gameplay is slow and tedious.
I'll take the Stern with the first film and maybe the second with just enough stuff on the PF and fast flow gameplay. The third film stank.

Yeah I'll take that too for about $4k as that's the type of game you described lol.

Less modes, less toys / features, and wide open fast flow (air in between orbits and ramps) for $6k - $9k+? Hard pass. For $4k though maybe!

#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And pinchild, you cannot fairly compare gnr with lz pro, I see you have both listed in your collection. I think they missed on the pro lz, it will still shoot fast and fun but no lights or spinner. I want to put some time on a gnr if one shows up around here. Someday

Both listed but don't have either yet.

I'm just waiting on shipping

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Truly nervous about LZ nothing worse than a NIB purchase gone wrong.
Should have mine by Wednesday
Fingers crossed

Ya, the pro might be nervous purchase. Or it may be good fun too. As an average player, old dude, im theme first, code distant second. So lz is a must for me.

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because people like different stuff, dunno??

Thats all well and good but the over use of Grail and GOAT is a joke

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I'll take that too for about $4k as that's the type of game you described lol.

Less modes, less toys / features, and wide open fast flow (air in between orbits and ramps) for $6k - $9k+? Hard pass. For $4k though maybe!

Man the BOM thing is so important to u guys. I mean I understand within reason but I gladly payed full pinball price for BKSOR and never once thought anything other than this is a great pin. I don't want keep saying it but i will, I pay for the fun factor not for the toy/light factor. It doesn't have to look like its worth the money I'm spending but it has to fulfill my desire to play and be fun. I would feel more foolish spending a lot on a game that's loaded yet I just don't find it entertaining to shoot rather than somewhat baron yet its a blast.

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The best part is when u do that in a JJP thread Romulick makes a point of letting u know how he doesn't do that in Stern threads. With the release of the apparent "game of the year" in GnR any praise for this "borefest" has the fan boys all a twitter. I love it.

Dude in fairness to this Romulic guy you mention that’s not totally true.
I actually apologized when I realized I had posted in the LZ owners thread.How many times do you suppose this Jacoff guy was on the Wonka thread telling everybody what pussies they were for digging Wonka?

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man the BOM thing is so important to u guys. I mean I understand within reason but I gladly payed full pinball price for BKSOR and never once thought anything other than this is a great pin. I don't want keep saying it but i will, I pay for the fun factor not for the toy/light factor. It doesn't have to look like its worth the money I'm spending but it has to fulfill my desire to play and be fun. I would feel more foolish spending a lot on a game that's loaded yet I just don't find it entertaining to shoot rather than somewhat baron yet its a blast.

Fun factor is important but at some point these insane priced need to be backed up by the amount, quality, and variety of toys, features, and code.

A Ford Mustang GT is a great car but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $100k for one just because its fun...The same thing can be applied to anything. Should we pay $50 for a burrito from Taco Bell just because it taste good? Lol.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Toys were the soul of shallow games like Funhouse or creature from the black lagoon. Rulls became the soul of games like CV or TZ although the toys were cool it was not what made the games. JJP fans like their lights and bling lol but that is not what makes or breaks a modern game

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How many times do you suppose this Jacoff guy was on the Wonka thread telling everybody what pussies they were for digging Wonka?

I don't think as much as that Romulick fella thinks but ok, he was just trying to help some confused and dare I say curious men. That's what Jacoff is all about I think, helping people.

#2972 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A Ford Mustang GT is a great car but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $100k for one just because its fun

What?

If they did cost $100 000 and had what I wanted then I would pay it. I understand ur point although I don't know fuck all about cars and never thought the car/pinball analogy was a good one at all.

U know what I don't care. Ok fine JJP makes pins worth every cent and Sterns are a rip off. Got it. Oh wait then can u explain why they aren't the top dog?

#2973 3 years ago

It would be so nice if one day pins could be discussed without the brand. Since when is being a fanboy something to be proud off. I could give two shits whose logo is on the cabinet. I don't care what band is better GnR vs Zeppelin. I think objectively you can look at these two pins and one of them has a little more love passion and detail. If that doesn't make it a better pin for you that is fine. If there is something in one box that you enjoy more than go with that one. That people get so upset what other people think is baffling to me.

#2974 3 years ago

Does LZ have a repeatable right orbit shot?

#2975 3 years ago

I played LZ pro today and was really disappointed. The playfield layout was just bare. It felt like I was shooting the ball across the room to hit the ramps and pops and nothing inbetween. The game mechanics seemed really loud. Maybe that was because there was nothing on the playfield to absorb the sound. I couldn't believe the amount of unpopulated wood on the underside of the playfield. Not even some inserts? The lack of code probably didn't help my first impression. Call outs seemed uninspired and no build up for multiballs or modes.

I am more than happy to revisit this game in the future when the code matures and certainly looking forward to trying out a premium or LE.

Side note, the clear looked great on this particular game.

20210104_105123 (resized).jpg20210104_105123 (resized).jpg
#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
If they did cost $100 000 and had what I wanted then I would pay it. I understand ur point although I don't know fuck all about cars and never thought the car/pinball analogy was a good one at all.
U know what I don't care. Ok fine JJP makes pins worth every cent and Sterns are a rip off. Got it. Oh wait then can u explain why they aren't the top dog?

Quoted from pinghetto:

I played LZ pro today and was really disappointed. The playfield layout was just bare. It felt like I was shooting the ball across the room to hit the ramps and pops and nothing inbetween. The game mechanics seemed really loud. Maybe that was because there was nothing on the playfield to absorb the sound. I couldn't believe the amount of unpopulated wood on the underside of the playfield. Not even some inserts? The lack of code probably didn't help my first impression. Call outs seemed uninspired and no build up for multiballs or modes.
I am more than happy to revisit this game in the future when the code matures and certainly looking forward to trying out a premium or LE.
[quoted image]

Should be easy to work on?

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I dunno, 3 bank drop targets can be tricky

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Even better to clean in location!!

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

[quoted image]

Finally, a game I'd feel comfortable doing a playfield swap on.

#2980 3 years ago

Stern's next LZ accessory... Ritchie-Cola...

ritchie coke.pngritchie coke.png

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Finally, a game I'd feel comfortable doing a playfield swap on.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

[quoted image]

Led Zep The Pin

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks like a “the pin” level game

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nope sorry it’s about spending 6k on a game that literally is sterns next “the pin” with an LCD. If this thing sold for 3k I might agree with you.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Led Zep The Pin

I think we got your point

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Led Zep The Pin

I've never played Star Wars the Pin, but I've looked it up on Sterns website. Led Zep pro has 13 coils, at least that's how many we counted. I count around 7 or 8 coils on The Pin.

Led Zep - 3 flippers, SWTP -2 flippers
Led Zep - 3 steel ramps, SWTP-2 ramps
Led Zep - 3 bank drops, SWTP - same
Led Zep - 10 or more stand-up targets, SWTP - I see 3 or 4
Led Zep - traditional cabinet, SWTP - smaller, lighter cabinet
Led Zep - Full sized LCD, SWTP - small LCD
Led Zep - traditional coin door with mechs, SWTP - no coin mechs

Just because a game has an open playfield does not take it down to the level of The Pin. WPT has an extremely open playfield but it's a good game.

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just because a game has an open playfield does not take it down to the level of The Pin. WPT has an extremely open playfield but it's a good game.

but than, in that case, the code (Keefer) is awesome and that's what makes WPT great

(i'm not saying LZ code will be bad... but after BKSOR i wanted to see/get more from Tim)

#2986 3 years ago

Got and set up a Pro yesterday..
..it Rocks bc its Zeppelin and is fast bc it should be..
It feels simple on the surface but I know there is more there
Havent played but a few games but just wanted to say I am happy with what I got and the cab art is a head turner
My my my I’m so happy will celebrate this day later and play and report back

#2987 3 years ago

I see a person has already given a rating with obvious misstatements (can’t back hand ramps). How can one rate a game so early in code progression??

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I see a person has already given a rating with obvious misstatements (can’t back hand ramps). How can one rate a game so early in code progression??

I'm torn on this. Personally, I would agree its too early. My initial impression wasn't favorable, but I need more time on it and also see where things go with code. Its WAY too early to write it off.

With that said, Stern did release the game into the wild. As long as it is an informed review (and not just an attempt to bash the game), I feel that they have every right to give it low ratings if that's how the individual feels.

And, really, do the reviews actually mean that much? If you like the game (or hate it for that matter), who cares what anyone else thinks??

Brian

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Got and set up a Pro yesterday..
..it Rocks bc its Zeppelin and is fast bc it should be..
It feels simple on the surface but I know there is more there
Havent played but a few games but just wanted to say I am happy with what I got and the cab art is a head turner
My my my I’m so happy will celebrate this day later and play and report back

I'd give you 2 upvotes if I could! Enjoy, mine will be here late January, hoping.

#2990 3 years ago

I could see this to be honest. The pro does appear to be really stripped down this time around though I've not played it. The additional ramp and EM mech seem to add A LOT to the game. I'm really looking forward to getting mine and ripping some spinners

Quoted from pinghetto:

I'm torn on this. Personally, I would agree its too early. My initial impression wasn't favorable, but I need more time on it and also see where things go with code. Its WAY too early to write it off.
With that said, Stern did release the game into the wild. As long as it is an informed review (and not just an attempt to bash the game), I feel that they have every right to give it low ratings if that's how the individual feels.
And, really, do the reviews actually mean that much? If you like the game (or hate it for that matter), who cares what anyone else thinks??
Brian

#2991 3 years ago

I watched a Pro stream and liked how it appeared to play. Fast, flow, and no center pop-up drain monster (at least for me - I'd be smashing the ball off those posts SDTM every time ). If I were in the market for LZ, the sweet spot would be a Pro with add-on light package and shaker. Then again I love my Star Trek and am starting to look for a Stranger Things, so open, fast play style appears to be my preferred style.

#2992 3 years ago

Played one game so far, so no true review / judgement yet on gameplay. Plays fast though with a lot of combos, but I suppose that much is obvious at this point.

134823530_202148068236679_1550739586589225783_n (resized).jpg134823530_202148068236679_1550739586589225783_n (resized).jpg
#2993 3 years ago

Necessary soft plunge feels good. Whirlwindish without the drops but roams like T2
Very reminiscent of early SR games except with 3 metal ramps added that are so quick
and right back at you. These shine during a multiball. And it feels like he made the rest simplistic on purpose and not at all phoned-in.
No worries about how the songs are weaved into the game..player is thrown into a rocking set that never stops and the narrator makes you feel like an important part of the band. They are counting on you to get them thru this Tour! After just a few games I was happy to go with whatever song I got randomly because everything comes back around in such a good way. All the songs chosen keep the tempo of the game going perfectly. Even if in a 2 player or more game. Even after end of game match sequence the game pulls you back in with a timeless verse or magical riff you know and love. I already love this game bc of the music alone. These songs never get old. Ever. Game truly captures the band in its prime.
The best thing I’ve noticed about the integration of the music is how you’ll have the rocking track in the background while at the same time being rewarded with familiar Jimmy page diddies when you make good shots. Love it.
Around the 3rd game I realized that Icarus is a legit bash toy. Satisfying and very repeatable. Really Sticks! When you hit it and what was once just a logo for the record label becomes the funny faceless character that the game needs to sell this trippy world under glass. Buy with confidence ya’ll
Total package for the Pro will be when the light kit becomes available along with a shaker. Factory speakers Rock and do the songs justice.
Going back for more

6502948B-BDDC-416B-98A6-5115F37D67C2 (resized).jpeg6502948B-BDDC-416B-98A6-5115F37D67C2 (resized).jpeg
#2994 3 years ago

..after calming down and a few more games..
Can full plunge and hit D every time
I like that you cant hit “that shot” with a plunge. If its the only real shot you can hit with 3rd flipper, its a good thing you cant hit the shot any other way.
I know he isnt a real bash toy by definition but he reacts like one
Game is fun break from the thinker that Avengers is
Hidden Plant isms
Good times
Bad times?
Just gotta let yourself enjoy the barren playfield for what it is, stage for a cool light show. Even without side lighting the game dances
Play more music and less with toys

#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I watched a Pro stream and liked how it appeared to play. Fast, flow, and no center pop-up drain monster (at least for me - I'd be smashing the ball off those posts SDTM every time ). If I were in the market for LZ, the sweet spot would be a Pro with add-on light package and shaker. Then again I love my Star Trek and am starting to look for a Stranger Things, so open, fast play style appears to be my preferred style.

You should look at Star Wars Comic Art too. Best open and fast pin there is IMO.

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I realized that Icarus is a legit bash toy. Satisfying and very repeatable.

Gotta hand it to Stern. They have convinced the world that the smallest, cheapest standup is a toy.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gotta hand it to Stern. They have convinced the world that the smallest, cheapest standup is a toy.

I've got four of them there jumpers on my Scared Stiff.They are pretty cool

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Its not just a standup target, oh no. Its a super double action target featuring ultra bounce back. Same goes for the super action spinners with dual 180 degree rotation. Stern loves hyping up the most basic items on a pin.

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its not just a standup target, oh no. Its a super double action target featuring ultra bounce back. Same goes for the super action spinners with dual 180 degree rotation. Stern loves hyping up the most basic items on a pin.

I love PR speak. It's fascination and an largely out of touch. My favorite from Avengers is the "interactive Dr. Strange spinning kinetic sling ring disc with dual direction velocity detection".

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love PR speak. It's fascination and an largely out of touch. My favorite from Avengers is the "interactive Dr. Strange spinning kinetic sling ring disc with dual direction velocity detection".

That may be the best of them all, "dual direction velocity detection" damn lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,699 (OBO)
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/60?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.