E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 68.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would still get a Pro ordered so you can get it out and see. Have a feeling if you do not get in on first run you will be waiting months because of backorder status. If it does not perform-down the road it goes?

Sadly... Covid means basically zero route play so no real ability to order anything without selling something and that is a silly risk to sell a known good game for a risk.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Dude, two words... METAL-LICA!
Pretty sure ACDC rocked locations too when it was new.
I'm hoping for the best, wish they had Dirty Donny to do the art on this.

AC/DC did OK at the start and then dropped pretty hard and it left.

MET is the only one still around and earning its keep but honestly that would be the next to go it trying to sell one old man theme for another.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sadly... Covid means basically zero route play so no real ability to order anything without selling something

I feel for you & all the OP's out there!

Keep your head up and hope is around the corner. I am a big believer in the power of positive thinking

#254 3 years ago

When I hear LZ it reminds me of
Damone's 5 point plan.

#255 3 years ago

Looking forward to this game, hopefully stern had some inside info on GNR and went all out with assets to compete.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looking forward to this game, hopefully stern had some inside info on GNR and went all out with assets to compete.

It'll be easy to have a better layout/shooter than GNR. The other lighting stuff is fluff. Preordered a pro, can't wait.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Damone's 5 point plan.

Lol. It also makes me think of the movie Dazed and Confused

"Man, I ain't belivin' that shit about Bonham's 1-hour drum solo...I mean, 1 hour on drums...you couldn't handle that shit on strong acid, man."

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Damone's 5 point plan.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It'll be easy to have a better layout/shooter than GNR. The other lighting stuff is fluff. Preordered a pro, can't wait.

Quoted from PokerJake:

Not sure about that, SW and BKSOR aren’t exactly inspiring pro layouts. We don’t play whitewoods. Pinball is about the total package. AC/DC is epic so I have confidence stern will deliver a great game.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If the game has 15 plus tracks that would be ideal. Please surprise us Stern with lots of songs!!

I think the only scenario they you get 15+ songs is that if the song chosen and the gameplay are not related, somewhat similar to Metallica and Iron Maiden. If the songs are game modes, I'd think it would be less. Where are the weekend leaks?

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure about that, SW and BKSOR aren’t exactly inspiring pro layouts.

Maybe not but damn fun pins to play and I would take either over a GnR.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe not but damn fun pins to play and I would take either over a GnR.

Good for you, 90% of others wouldn’t.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure about that, SW and BKSOR aren’t exactly inspiring pro layouts. We don’t play whitewoods. Pinball is about the total package. AC/DC is epic so I have confidence stern will deliver a great game.

I enjoyed SW layout, its the multiplier rules that killed it for me. I went BKSOR Premium at home, haven't played the pro, but the layout was fantastic for the type of game it was. I know the upper playfield added some dimension with the catapult, fight shot, loop for increasing mode scores, etc. Ritchie layouts are probably my favorite next to Balcers AP games.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Better call now to get on list for LE. I got one coming. Another disto out here said he had all of his spoken for.

buy buy buy. unobtanium!

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Good for you, 90% of others wouldn’t.

Fuck them.

I think 90% is ridiculous anyway. I know for the JJP crowd and B/W lovers its too baron. Loaded slow and boring will always trump kinda empty and fast and furious gameplay for them. But that's OK we all get old there's no shame in that.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I'm with you. i just can't get into GNR. long ball times. shots not that great. i predict zeppelin will be the better game. of course, i've been known to be wrong.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think the only scenario they you get 15+ songs is that if the song chosen and the gameplay are not related, somewhat similar to Metallica and Iron Maiden. If the songs are game modes, I'd think it would be less. Where are the weekend leaks?

I definitely don’t want that. I want the songs to be modes.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Fuck them.
I think 90% is ridiculous anyway. I know for the JJP crowd and B/W lovers its too baron. Loaded slow and boring will always trump kinda empty and fast and furious gameplay for them. But that's OK we all get old there's no shame in that.

What’s your favorite game?

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I definitely don’t want that. I want the songs to be modes.

Well, with SRs only other music pin they are modes....

#270 3 years ago

Hazoff Dang it. You went and changed your avatar. I liked your old one! But hey, blue is my favorite color.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Forget putting any tracks from the Song Remains The Same. Pull from the O2 Celebration Concert. If your a fan you must watch it on Blu-ray and on surround sound. Jason did a great job filling in for his dad.
Song Remains the Same album recording quality is not their best and the band hated it and was not happy with that release but the label wanted it released.

Celebration Day was a great gig - I was there - but I’d still much rather the game be based on 70s Zeppelin. Throw in some great hand drawn artwork instead of a photoshop pastiche and I’ll be more than happy.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Well, with SRs only other music pin they are modes....

Elvis has left the building...

#273 3 years ago

How about if you add your choice of 12 songs that you could add to the game with pinball browser. The gameplay would not have to be specified to songs, just the LZ genre.

#274 3 years ago

Looking to secure a spot for an LE. Please PM me if you have a lead, thanks.

#275 3 years ago

Call Trent at tilt amusements.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Damone's 5 point plan.

My avatar agrees

(Except they played Kashmir after talking about Side 1 of Led Zeppelin IV)

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another issue using Celebration day as the content aside from no John Bonham is the track list while solid is missing too many rockin must haves in my opinion.
No Communication Breakdown, Heart Breaker/Living Loving Maid? Really?
I say pick 12-15 from Mothership album at a minimum.

I say take from the past and include O2 Celebration Day concert to round out there career. Kashmir live is just awesome and Black Dog is also.

#278 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to see how Stern pull this off.
Like others have said, its a strange pin theme but hey, I like their music and I'm a fan of rock/metal genre so I'm happy.

This should be a proper geezers pin, beer swigging, joint smoking (if that's your bag) piss up party good fun act

Also, Stern seems to be keeping everyone happy just now, with the varied mix of titles so everyone's a winner.

#279 3 years ago

Stern makes real fun music pins and have owned
many of them. Care less about JJP v Stern crap.
This is a big moment for Tim Sexton to really make his mark.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What’s your favorite game?

I'm a big fan of the SW comic art Pro, I haven't gotten a dream theme yet. Alien, if this re-issue happens will most likely become my favorite, played the Heighway version and it was magnificent . Theme is very important. Maiden is up there as is JP2. Its tough to pick a fav as they all have there own character.

#281 3 years ago

I wonder what type of play field layout it will be....... Oh wait, its a 3 flipper SR game. Think ST, GOT, or SM.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I wonder what type of play field layout it will be....... Oh wait, its a 3 flipper SR game. Think ST, GOT, or SM.

Got got an extra flipper?

#283 3 years ago

I sense we will be getting a Zeppelin Toy that can light up, be bashed ala the UFO in Attack from Mars. That would be cool .... just not on a spring

#284 3 years ago

I heard that Steve pitched hard for this so I gotta think he wants an fast rocking game. More like Spiderman LE that GOT/BKSOR LE .... no upper playfied.

#285 3 years ago

Ac/Dc got 12 full length songs that are modes so this at an absolute minimum should have 12.

Hoping for a bakers dozen or more!

#286 3 years ago

So who's doing the call outs I wonder....
Worse case.... they can do an IMDN call out structure which worked very well.
Please keep Ritchie away from the Mic, no offense.
I highly doubt LZ will do them.

#287 3 years ago

I’ll be really surprised if Ritchie doesn’t do at least some of the callouts. I think he does a good job.

#288 3 years ago

I'd be more than happy with a Maiden structure for this, where you choose a song to jam to and then get into other songs via modes and multiballs. There's 12 there and that's gotta be the baseline.

If the layout seems like ST or SM it's gonna be hard for me to resist. I do hope the Pro isn't missing major components like AIQ though.

#289 3 years ago

Who is Tim Sexton?

#290 3 years ago

Also how do you get in touch w/ Pinside so that I can add LZ LE to my Collection Profile?

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Also how do you get in touch w/ Pinside so that I can add LZ LE to my Collection Profile?

It will not be added until the game is revealed.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Who is Tim Sexton?

He is a Stern Software Engineer, who helped on the Black Knight Sword of Rage.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tim-sexton-1611a4a0/

#293 3 years ago

"Does anyone remember multiball?"

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

"Does anyone remember multiball?"

GNR owners do.

balls.gifballs.gif
#295 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call Trent at tilt amusements.

Trent emailed me at 10am today that he’s sold out. Cointaker Melissa emailed me earlier the same...

#296 3 years ago

Then id be going down the distro list on sterns website and call them all. Haha

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then id be going down the distro list on sterns website and call them all. Haha

Most interesting in all this will be to see if Stern can deliver...

they have been short shipping all year and in this case with people committing to all kinds of pre-orders be pretty lame to have to drop allot of them.

No dealer wants to make that "sorry I know I said Id get you one but they short shipped me" call.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

No dealer wants to make that "sorry I know I said Id get you one but they short shipped me" call.

Stern has never done this, I doubt they start now.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern has never done this, I doubt they start now.

meaning what? they have short delivered on every popular game all year.

Last round of elviras if a dealer had ten or order for people they got 2 or 3.

#300 3 years ago

I’m talking about LEs that distros get. They all get specific allotments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.