E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 68.
#2901 3 years ago

I just got off the phone with a friend who bought the game and just played it he says it is awesome and the shots are great!!!!

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How long can they keep something special secret if games are already being received? Is it not coded yet?

code is .91. It is not complete yet

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Yeah Jack was calling it .91 beta code and commented on how he shouldn’t shoot for any wizard modes.

Code is in its infancy and Steve and Tim said their is quite a bit to come with it.

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lol
..It will either be special and spectacular like he says ...

So Tim says it will be special.

Quoted from pduffy:

and it’s not written yet.

Well we might as well ask him to make it super duper special to ensure its success. I got the impression from streams that it is not figured out yet and that would put them at Step 1. Step 2 is coding. Step 3 is play testing. Steps 4-7 are finalize rules, assets, acceptance test and release. At least it will be great when they are finished.

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I just got off the phone with a friend who bought the game and just played it he says it is awesome and the shots are great!!!!

Can you ask him about his playfield? Any pooling, etc?

#2906 3 years ago

Where/when can Pro owners buy the light show? I dont even want to play it without it

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So Tim says it will be special.

and it’s not written yet.
Well we might as well ask him to make it super duper special to ensure its success. I got the impression from streams that it is not figured out yet and that would put them at Step 1. Step 2 is coding. Step 3 is play testing. Steps 4-7 are finalize rules, assets, acceptance test and release. At least it will be great when they are finished.

Games are shipping with .91 code. Not uncommon. It is a playable machine. They will continue to update code and push it out after release.

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Can you ask him about his playfield? Any pooling, etc?

I saw no pooling on the one I set last Tuesday. It is by far the thinnest clearcoat I have see on a Stern (that is not a bad thing). You could feel all the layers of ink as they were put down. For example the black key line was very raised.

Pf looked better than the last few games so they seem to be trying something different.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Look what happens with some of the grail properties that come out that don’t do justice to them?Run a poll about what company you would prefer to build a Back to the Future pin.I think JJP is going to blow up with the success of GnR & TS enough so as to expand their production capabilities.

I will never understand why all pin themes are grail properties lol. TMNT theme sucks Jaws sucks TS sucks Elvira theme so-so Iron Maiden theme so-so

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
It was the most popular cause of its soft nature and tender lyrics. Never liked it and I always will. It 100% does not belong in pinball.
Good day to u sir........
I said good day.

Many hard rock bands their ballad is there most commercially successful song

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why all pin themes are grail properties lol. TMNT theme sucks Jaws sucks TS sucks Elvira theme so-so Iron Maiden theme so-so

What?

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don’t want that either. I was using paywall only as an example because if Owners were asked if they wanted Stairway added for free, 95% would say yes and you wouldn’t have learned anything of it. But if asked to pay something out of pocket and spend more than chump change, they probably Really wanted the song in. And that was my intended point, many people would have liked to have had the song included for Real. I’d have suggested Stern give it to everyone for free.
Going forward, if Stern were to offer something behind a paywall, but revealed this plan before releasing the game, I’d be fine with it. Pass or not pass, but I’d know the rules going in, not some backdoor system monkeying. Imagine if BEFORE they released Zeppelin, Stern had said here is your list of 10 songs that comes with all game models. Should you wish to add the bonus pack of 100 additional songs with video that plays during attract mode and in jukebox, it will costs $500 to procure the dongle. That would have been fricking amaze balls!!! and I would have taken all the dongle they were willing to sell me. I’d have ordered a LZ on day 1 and paid for the 100 song upgrade. Imagine listening/watching 24/7 of Led Zeppelin music on the jukebox. All LZ / All the Time.
This example is too good to be true, so maybe Stern would have offered a 4 songs (including Stairway) bonus pack for $200. That deal would not be enough to push me into buying the game and I’d have no need for this offer. But if I did hypothetically own the game, I would hypothetically buy the 4 song bonus pack just to get my blasted Stairway .
But all this talk about owning the game is one thing. I’ll still enjoy playing LZ where ever I can find one and am glad Stern made it. Note to Stern Design Team - call me before you do Black Sabbath and right after you talk to Ozzy.

hazoff (resized).jpghazoff (resized).jpg

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You two need to get a room! Lol

What am I a mirage? I started the "What ?"

Quoted from JY64:

Many hard rock bands their ballad is there most commercially successful song

Exactly my point, soft nature with tender lyrics. The greatness of Dazed and Confused both musically and lyrically declaring and rightfully so that Devil thy name is woman was never gone be their best seller. Always been my personal favorite though.

#2915 3 years ago

I see there is a lot of talk on the mini and wizard modes. I wish Tim/Stern would just come out and state what occurs. I mean the first person to achieve it will post the info on forums/social media. The idea of it being a surprise seems silly to me. I also cant imagine that the mini and wizard modes will rehash the prior 10 songs. I cannot see LZ allowing stern music in their pin, so, applying Occums razor, the simplest answer would be that there must be hidden Zepplin music for the wizard modes!!! Just tell us Timmy

#2916 3 years ago

My guess .... StH (Top of Charts), Dazed and confused (?), The Ocean (World Tour and their Fans)

#2917 3 years ago

I have to say, looking on the positive side, I actually love the way they've taken an iconic, simple pinball feature, the classic spinner - and made it the star of the show on the Prem/LE.

That opto spinner (love that it is an opto spinner for super rips!) raising and lowering from the Playfield, the absolutely sweet sound and light effects that build/charge up, together with a magnet for locks/captive ball look to have yielded a fantastic implementation and celebration of the spinner. In all seriousness I think that looks awesome, and I applaud the move.

My main problem with this game is that this spinner mech is not in the Pro - at all. That is just inexcusable for me. I'm a Pro buyer, the premium is just too pricey to justify for one pin for me. They should have left out the magnet, or something but kept the base raising spinner in the Pro. This is too crippled, and is a real shame. This would be like AIQ Pro not getting the Strange disk in any form at all. That would have been a real shame there too...

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I see there is a lot of talk on the mini and wizard modes. I wish Tim/Stern would just come out and state what occurs. I mean the first person to achieve it will post the info on forums/social media. The idea of it being a surprise seems silly to me. I also cant imagine that the mini and wizard modes will rehash the prior 10 songs. I cannot see LZ allowing stern music in their pin, so, applying Occums razor, the simplest answer would be that there must be hidden Zepplin music for the wizard modes!!! Just tell us Timmy

They may not be able to say because it likely isn’t there yet and is also why Jack said it wouldn’t be a good idea or he shouldn’t shoot for them when he did his stream the other night.

Tim emphasized the Zep 1 logo with ? Is something that must be earned.

I guess this is another question, world tour(mini wizard) is attained by completing all the tours, the final wizard with ? is when all songs completed to platinum.

Is top of charts just playing all songs to a lower level or is there another qualifier for that?

I agree with what your saying above, how can you have 3 wizard modes comprised of all the same shots and music that you’ve just completed?

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Because people like different stuff, dunno??

#2920 3 years ago

Anybody else get any playtime in on the pro?

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I have to say, looking on the positive side, I actually love the way they've taken an iconic, simple pinball feature, the classic spinner - and made it the star of the show on the Prem/LE.
That opto spinner (love that it is an opto spinner for super rips!) raising and lowering from the Playfield, the absolutely sweet sound and light effects that build/charge up, together with a magnet for locks/captive ball look to have yielded a fantastic implementation and celebration of the spinner. In all seriousness I think that looks awesome, and I applaud the move.
My main problem with this game is that this spinner mech is not in the Pro - at all. That is just inexcusable for me. I'm a Pro buyer, the premium is just too pricey to justify for one pin for me. They should have left out the magnet, or something but kept the base raising spinner in the Pro. This is too crippled, and is a real shame. This would be like AIQ Pro not getting the Strange disk in any form at all. That would have been a real shame there too...

Agreed. Ripping spinners might be my favorite shot in pinball and they seem to be a big part of this game. I’d much rather have a spinner pop up out of the middle of the playfield than a bash toy like Monger.

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Agreed. Ripping spinners might be my favorite shot in pinball and they seem to be a big part of this game. I’d much rather have a spinner pop up out of the middle of the playfield than a bash toy like Monger.

End of January cant get here fast enufffff!!!!

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

End of January cant get here fast enufffff!!!!

Can’t wait to rip that spinner!!!

#2924 3 years ago

Of all spinners to rip. LZ spinner looks funnest rippiest of all spinners. Too bad pro doesn't have it, but pro is about continuous combo flow (like JP pro). So win/win.

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Based on your posts in this thread I’m assuming you’re being facetious. Why? I just don’t get why people get off on shit-posting. Who the hell has enough free time to hang out in a thread for a game they clearly have no interest in just to poke and prod the people who do? It’s fucking pinball man, go turn on your games and flip, it’s pretty fun.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2926 3 years ago

Hopefully Ritchie will be retired before it’s time to do Black Sabbath.

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Of all spinners to rip. LZ spinner looks funnest rippiest of all spinners. Too bad pro doesn't have it, but pro is about continuous combo flow (like JP pro). So win/win.

Jp is a really. Nice game. But not a flow game. There are lots of pins stopping the ball and the upper right ramp is to clunky to provide flow.
Jp is a stop and aim snipers game.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Jp is a stop and aim snipers game.

There's plenty of flow in that game, sniping as well which is why its so great to shoot.

#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

There's plenty of flow in that game, sniping as well which is why its so great to shoot.

I would say there are some nice combo shots in JP, not flow. Most of the “flow” occurs in the upper half of the playfield rather than hitting ramps and orbit with your main flippers and then having the ball come back to your main flippers. I don’t consider an orbit into bumpers that fall down to an upper flipper that gets hit to a ramp that goes down to your lower flipper to be “flow.”

Doesn’t mean it’s not great, just think it is a sniper and combo pin as opposed to a flow pin like Star Wars or GoT or what Led Zeppelin looks to be...

#2930 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Who the hell has enough free time to hang out in a thread for a game they clearly have no interest in just to poke and prod the people who do? It’s fucking pinball man, go turn on your games and flip, it’s pretty fun.

The best part is when u do that in a JJP thread Romulick makes a point of letting u know how he doesn't do that in Stern threads. With the release of the apparent "game of the year" in GnR any praise for this "borefest" has the fan boys all a twitter. I love it.

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The best part is when u do that in a JJP thread Romulick makes a point quite a bit on how he doesn't do that in Stern threads. With the release of the apparent "game of the year" in GnR any praise for this "borefest" has the fan boys all a twitter. I love it. U know whats gonna happen in my opinion, the Pre and LE will become deemed great fast flowing just plain fun pinball and then the real fun begins.

When they were both released, I thought GnR blew it away. But now that I’ve played GnR, I’m thinking LZ is going to be the winner in the end.

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Until you brick the shot into one of the posts in that raised assembly and it goes SDTM...

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Until you brick the shot into one of the posts in that raised assembly and it goes SDTM...

Bricking a shot that goes SDTM.... there’s certainly no place for that in pinball.

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The best part is when u do that in a JJP thread Romulick makes a point of letting u know how he doesn't do that in Stern threads. With the release of the apparent "game of the year" in GnR any praise for this "borefest" has the fan boys all a twitter. I love it.

Exactly why I’m here,because you and your ilk are over there stirring shit!!! The comparison between GnR and LZ is stupid.I could see how stupid it was right from the beginning when we were comparing artwork.

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Hype it up some more, it may sell next time around. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-led-zeppelin-le

#2936 3 years ago

Romulick don't try to steal my way, u stink at it and I'll have to go full force, that won't end well for u.

I haven't posted in JJP thread for what a month now.

Maybe its time.

#2937 3 years ago

A few more observations after our tournament.

The code is pretty bare bones right now. The pro shoots pretty good and I have high hopes that the code will mature and get better and deeper. As it sits right now, I would be bored with the pro in a few days.

We were going to remove the inlane post rubbers but I was over ruled. It was decided to leave the rubbers on but to raise the outlane posts to their highest position. That pretty much turned the game into a drain monster and I would not recommend it. I won a 4-player game with 22 million.

Later on when the tourney was over I managed a score of 103 million and that was the current GC.

My favorite combo in the game: From a trap on the left.
Backhand the left ramp, followed by center ramp, followed by right ramp, followed by left kick out. That is difficult and very satisfying!

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Based on your posts in this thread I’m assuming you’re being facetious. Why? I just don’t get why people get off on shit-posting. Who the hell has enough free time to hang out in a thread for a game they clearly have no interest in just to poke and prod the people who do? It’s fucking pinball man, go turn on your games and flip, it’s pretty fun.

It's jealousy, most people don't waste their time on things they don't like unless they secretly like and want one. Maybe he can't afford it right now.

#2939 3 years ago

Today is the 75th birthday of John Paul Jones born January 03, 1946. He famous for playing bass and keyboard for Zeppelin but there's so much more.

Here's a few fun facts via Rolling Stone:

• Was a frequent collaborator with Donovan and played on the songs “Hurdy Gurdy Man,” “Sunshine Superman” and “Mellow Yellow.”

• Arranged music for Jimmy Page’s lone solo Yardbirds studio album, Little Games, in 1967.

• Recorded with Jeff Beck multiple times, including on the session for “Beck’s Bolero,” which birthed the name and concept for Led Zeppelin.

• Created the string arrangement for the Rolling Stones’ “She’s a Rainbow.”

• Worked with Cat Stevens on his debut album, Matthew and Son, in 1967.

• Worked with Dusty Springfield on Dusty … Definitely in 1968.

• Created the signature riff to “Black Dog.”

• Played bass on Paul McCartney’s 1984 album, Give My Regards to Broad Street.

• Contributed a track to Brian Eno’s 1988 ambient record, Music for Films III.

• Produced the Butthole Surfers’ 1993 album, Independent Worm Saloon.

• Worked on the orchestral arrangements for R.E.M.’s Automatic for the People.

• Recorded an album with outré singer Diamada Galàs in 1994.

• Signed with King Crimson guitarist Robert Fripp’s DGM label in 1999 and released two solo albums.

• Played on two tracks on the Foo Fighters’ 2005 album, In Your Honor.

• Composed a dance piece with Sonic Youth.

• Is currently busy writing an opera.

Eqz7BTuW4AELkqg (resized).jpgEqz7BTuW4AELkqg (resized).jpg
#2940 3 years ago

Also a member of Them Crooked Vultures.

#2941 3 years ago

BAHAHAHAH if I don't hype it LZ might fail and Stern may go out of buisness. lmao you are shining example of someone who talks without all the information and knowing what are you talking about.

#2942 3 years ago

I understand what they were going for, but I’m not a fan of continuous songs even after you drain. It’s part of the normal cadence of sound during a game for the sound to break for a bit. Also the tour multiballs seem very underwhelming. Maybe LOTR_breath is right and the code is just bare bones. For me the biggest question mark (Tim’s code) going into this release remains the biggest today.

It seems they have been working on the game for a while, so if the code is still very basic that would be disappointing.

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I understand what they were going for, but I’m not a fan of continuous songs even after you drain. It’s part of the normal cadence of sound during a game for the sound to break for a bit. Also the tour multiballs seem very underwhelming. Maybe lotr_breath is right and the code is just bare bones. For me the biggest question mark (Tim’s code) going into this release remains the biggest today.
It seems they have been working on the game for a while, so if the code is still very basic that would be disappointing.

I love that the song keeps going. You can hear the whole song that way instead of the beginning of the song over and over (ACDC).

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I love that the song keeps going. You can hear the whole song that way instead of the beginning of the song over and over (ACDC).

I don’t mind the song continuing. But the way Iron Maiden does it is better IMO. The song stops for a moment when the bonus is being countdown and comes back when the ball is in the shooter lane. Also the song remains during Tour Multiball so it makes it seem like a minor achievement.

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t mind the song continuing. But the way Iron Maiden does it is better IMO. The song stops for a moment when the bonus is being countdown and comes back when the ball is in the shooter lane. Also the song remains during Tour Multiball so it makes it seem like a minor achievement.

Ahhh...gotcha.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I understand what they were going for, but I’m not a fan of continuous songs even after you drain. It’s part of the normal cadence of sound during a game for the sound to break for a bit. Also the tour multiballs seem very underwhelming. Maybe lotr_breath is right and the code is just bare bones. For me the biggest question mark (Tim’s code) going into this release remains the biggest today.

I'd have to imagine that it's just due to early code. Yes it is disappointing since they had a long time to figure this out and put out a game that had the code almost finished as they did with TMNT. But let's give them a chance and see where it's heading. They have too much to lose not to pay attention to this game and focus on the code being finished. if not they might as well flush the game down the toilet with monsters

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'd have to imagine that it's just due to early code. Yes it is disappointing since they had a long time to figure this out and put out a game that had the code almost finished as they did with TMNT. But let's give them a chance and see where it's heading. They have too much to lose not to pay attention to this game and focus on the code being finished. if not they might as well flush the game down the toilet with monsters

I agree, but think its nearly impossible to put game out with a finished code. Not that it can't be done. Just very hard. And I don't think any game is ever finished to everyone's satisfaction.

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I agree, but think its nearly impossible to put game out with a finished code. Not that it can't be done. Just very hard. And I don't think any game is ever finished to everyone's satisfaction.

I agree.
I think it's ok to put out an game with incomplete code then see what people think and what ideas people have then update accordingly.
There's still plenty of fun to be had and more excitement when an update comes out.

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I agree.
I think it's ok to put out an game with incomplete code then see what people think and what ideas people have then update accordingly.
There's still plenty of fun to be had and more excitement when an update comes out.

Like Ghostbusters many years later?

Many years!
Lol

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Like Ghostbusters many years later?
Many years!
Lol

Or bksor or munsters. We can still hope tho, right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.