E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 68.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

[quoted image]

I ordered some that are 3" tall, but not here yet

#2852 3 years ago

This showed up yesterday , I've got idea for it but waitin on machine

20201231_145301 (resized).jpg20201231_145301 (resized).jpg20201231_205109 (resized).jpg20201231_205109 (resized).jpg
#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So where’s the hype? This thread of is no longer on fire!
Next Stern {Elwin} Godzilla or BTTF, {Eddy} Jaws or {Ritchie} My Little Pony?

Godzilla is coming.

#2854 3 years ago

20201231_214203 (resized).jpg20201231_214203 (resized).jpg
#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God (and you three gentlemen) for a breath of fresh air and positivity in this thread...and three in a row!

I’m rooting for you (us) Boob. I’m not an OG but I’ve been around long enough to see so many of these dogged games that ended up being awesome. I will absolutely buy one if I play it and it’s fun. I have bought a couple of ‘GOAT’ games that couldn’t leave my basement fast enough so I learned to take the opinions here with a grain of salt (especially the cheap fucks who have never given money to the site). I can’t imagine talking shit on a game I haven’t played at least 5-10 times.

#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ehh there's a recent tradition.
Tron's "gem" shot
Dialed In's "SIM card"
good luck depending on the setup. Especially Tron.

come on Levi, you're a good player too !
you know already that GEM (not sure it was intended by design) & the SIM hole (i'm sure Pat did it voluntary) are quite "easy" to hit by rebound (on the TRON targets, on the drone side)

#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh no don’t let Stern do BTTF we need Eric Menuir to do this after Pat knocks Toy Story out of the park!

Toy Story.

I'd prefer a Keith version, not a slow playing mess thank you very much.

#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Toy Story.
I'd prefer a Keith version, not a slow playing mess thank you very much.

For Toy Story to be a home run at JJP, it better have lots of toys. Interactive, reactive, protracted toys that are fun to shoot and which come to life as they talk to each other in the 4th dimension (break the 4th wall). Toys should fill up the playfield. Buzz, Woody, Mr Potato Head and the entire gang saying funny stuff and having adventures. Don’t go minimal with the playfield design either Pat. Maybe 5 interactive toys on the standard edition, 7 toys on the LE and Tom Hanks phone number for CE buyers. People want to see something and get something, after spending $7k-$12.5k on a Toy.

#2861 3 years ago

I played it for a bit... it shoots great like all Ritchie games.

game of the century? that I dont know. Music is obviously great for pinball

Looks better in person.

Place I was at had 8 of them NIB and they were all already pre-sold and heading out the door so apparently all the whining isnt hurting sales much.

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh no don’t let Stern do BTTF we need Eric Menuir to do this after Pat knocks Toy Story out of the park!

It will take JJP till 2023 to get out the next 2 games

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Better than releasing 3-4 zizzles a year.

#2864 3 years ago

For Toy Story to be a home run at JJP, it better have lots of toys. Interactive, reactive, protracted toys that are fun to shoot and which come to life as they talk to each other in the 4th dimension (break the 4th wall). Toys should fill up the playfield. Buzz, Woody, Mr Potato Head and the entire gang saying funny stuff and having adventures. Don’t go minimal with the playfield design either Pat. Maybe 5 interactive toys on the standard edition, 7 toys on the LE and Tom Hanks phone number for CE buyers. People want to see something and get something, after spending $7k-$12.5k on a Toy.

You think the toys should look at you through the pf glass and speak directly to you?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Quoted from Skyemont:

East coast, West coast, Squash the Beef.

#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

You think the toys should look at you through the pf glass and speak directly to you?

Deadpool movie taught me something lol.

#2867 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Yeah that would be great. Good idea.

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yeah no its not, but I know you guys have become experts in justifying the slow release and gameplay thing. I think thats why theres this perception that the games are superior yet rarely become massive hits and thus certain companies are far back in the #2 spot. But hey these things happen.

Oh yeah

#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Look what happens with some of the grail properties that come out that don’t do justice to them?Run a poll about what company you would prefer to build a Back to the Future pin.I think JJP is going to blow up with the success of GnR & TS enough so as to expand their production capabilities.

#2870 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Look what happens with some of the grail properties that come out that don’t do justice to them?Run a poll about what company you would prefer to build a Back to the Future pin.I think JJP is going to blow up with the success of GnR & TS enough so as to expand their production capabilities.

Not to fuel your test but as in sales the true question would be, "IF Both products cost the Exact same, (LE to LE) which would you Buy?" JJPPotc or SPotc?, ZEP or GnR?, Wonka or Stranger things? Like most products (Apple ish) JJP naturally gets a snooty stigma for the cost of the product. Understandable but not necessarily the definition of which game is better or more fun. Personally I never understand the aggressive fight over coke/pepsi, apple/android, Stern/JJP. Who cares as long as you like it and there are Choices available.

#2871 3 years ago

Shouldn’t someone be starting a LZ owners thread by now? Time to let the Hype thread free to be the cesspool it always wanted to be.

#2872 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Shouldn’t someone be starting a LZ owners thread by now? Time to let the Hype thread free to be the cesspool it always wanted to be.

Screenshot_20210101-154526_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210101-154526_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Ok, lol. 21 days ago - I thought the games had to be delivered before they could start an owners thread?

Edit: actually there are 2 of them.

B9C31498-9A01-4E5C-BB9A-0A7D169D60FB (resized).jpegB9C31498-9A01-4E5C-BB9A-0A7D169D60FB (resized).jpeg
#2874 3 years ago

A little follow up. I was able to get 3 or 4 games in on the pro today. Game shoots great! To settle the Great Pinside Debate, the center ramp can be hit from the upper flipper, but not really on purpose. It just happens, but not often. Thoughts:

Backhand to the left ramp is the easiest shot in the game.
Center ramp is repeatable from the left flipper.
Right ramp can be backhanded from a trap on the right, but it is a difficult shot.
I had trouble finding the forehand shot to the right ramp and right orbit.
Left kick out; Many were saying it was a difficult shot but I had no problem hitting it.

About that left kick out. It had a loud clunk. Loud enough that we thought it wise to open up the game and inspect the mech. There was nothing wrong with it. The sound is similar to Maidens upper right flipper clunk. I can only think the noise is due to the solenoid being about 1/2 inch from the side of the cabinet.

We will be removing the post rubbers on the inlanes for the tournament tomorrow. The game can have some longish ball times.

Overall, very pleased with the game and glad I'm in on the premium and not the pro.

20210101_132612 (resized).jpg20210101_132612 (resized).jpg
#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A little follow up. I was able to get 3 or 4 games in on the pro today. Game shoots great! To settle the Great Pinside Debate, the center ramp can be hit from the upper flipper, but not really on purpose. It just happens, but not often. Thoughts:
Backhand to the left ramp is the easiest shot in the game.
Center ramp is repeatable from the left flipper.
Right ramp can be backhanded from a trap on the right, but it is a difficult shot.
I had trouble finding the forehand shot to the right ramp and right orbit.
Left kick out; Many were saying it was a difficult shot but I had no problem hitting it.
About that left kick out. It had a loud clunk. Loud enough that we thought it wise to open up the game and inspect the mech. There was nothing wrong with it. The sound is similar to Maidens upper right flipper clunk. I can only think the noise is due to the solenoid being about 1/2 inch from the side of the cabinet.
We will be removing the post rubbers on the inlanes for the tournament tomorrow. The game can have some longish ball times.
Overall, very pleased with the game and glad I'm in on the premium and not the pro.
[quoted image]

So Mike got a Pro?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So Mike got a Pro?

Just on loan from Bham Vending.

#2877 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Look what happens with some of the grail properties that come out that don’t do justice to them?Run a poll about what company you would prefer to build a Back to the Future pin.

R u taking the pot? Man that first sentence is a tough read.
U should run that poll, I think u might be surprised kind sir.

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u taking the pot? Man that first sentence is a tough read.
U should run that poll, I think u might be surprised kind sir.

I could’ve phrased that differently but the fact is you know JJP will put more into the game.

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I could’ve phrased that differently but the fact is you know JJP will put more into the game.

I agree but that doesn't mean it would be a better game than if Stern or American or Spoo...................Well.
I hope JJP develops some speed, its getting better with the standard cabs. Not into Wonka as a theme but like the way it plays, same with GnR standard. Anyway it would be nice to see the game regardless of who makes it, I like the first 2 films but most likely I would never buy it for the house anyway. I don't think I could take "The Power of Love" for much longer than a few weeks before I open a vein.

#2880 3 years ago

The results are in and the best band of 70’s was ... Zeppelin. Looking at the first paragraph, it is obvious that Stairway was their defining song and the one that changed rock and roll. So if someone were to make a Zeppelin themed pinball machine, they wouldn’t be stupid enough to leave the rock anthem for the ages off the lineup, right? It really doesn’t matter if the song has the required uptempo, it should have been the first song that was secured. The meme that comes to mind is -Stern, you had one job!

Have heard rumors that wizard mode might use it as a hidden surprise. Bi+ches please, Stairway is not in the game and it won’t be given to buyers as a surprise gift. Remember Stern’s surprises end up with Owners shelling out more dough.

A92CAB71-4738-40E1-942E-2CBB1D955BB9.jpegA92CAB71-4738-40E1-942E-2CBB1D955BB9.jpeg

#2881 3 years ago

Stairway was their defining song and the one that changed rock and roll.

What?

It was the most popular cause of its soft nature and tender lyrics. Never liked it and I always will. It 100% does not belong in pinball.

Good day to u sir........

I said good day.

#2882 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
It was the most popular cause of its soft nature and tender lyrics. Never liked it and I always will. It 100% does not belong in pinball.
Good day to u sir........
I said good day.

Based entirely on the tempo, I agree it would be a drag to listen to. But in a pinball machine as a wizard mode, it would have been a wonderful reward for getting so far in the game and I think hearing it then would have made it ideal. If Stern secured the license to use, it would be listed on the flyer, believe me. The flyer distinctly highlights all the songs the game has, they would not leave Stairway off if it was included. I understand your belief Stairway might not have worked, but I’ll ask you a hypothetical question to gauge your opinion.

Let’s say Stairway had been licensed and was listed on the flyer as optional. It was indeed included in the code, but it was locked behind a firewall. Then you find out Stern will sell you a dongle for $200 to unlock the song. Since you and your friend aren’t interested, you decide to pass and play the game for an eternity without it. Other Owners who are interested, decide to spend the money. So if there was no value to you you didn’t lose anything. Those who wanted it and were willing to pay, got it. So everybody is happy, right? Ok here is the question -> what percentage of LZ game Owners would buy the song? You make it seem as it would be close to zero. I hope it is close to 100% but know it won’t. For interest sake, let’s presume 45% buy the mod. That would indicate people feel strongly enough that it should be in the game that they were willing to spend $200 over whatever they did pay. I don’t know how a poll would turn out, but don’t think it would accurately measure this case. I do know I would vote to put the song in.

As an aside, it is no coincidence Stern is on a tear against all types of copyright infringement and they are openly trying to shut down any modifications to the software, forcing everyone to abandon plans to modify code or songs. So you can’t buy Stairway through an official Stern release, and you are dissuaded from doing it on your own game. No soup for you! I don’t think this is a conspiracy because I do believe Stern has been festering for years over copyright, as people used pinbrowser to swap songs. Some recent hobbyist projects have added movie clips and sounds to code and Stern is pissed. They have drawn a line in the sand. So knowing there is no legit way to get Stairway added, and believing that many would opt for the song even at more money, maybe you can understand why this was important to me and others and why this was a failure to leave out imo.

#2883 3 years ago

Based entirely on the tempo, I agree it would be a drag to listen to. But in a pinball machine as a wizard mode, it would have been a wonderful reward for getting so far in the game and I think hearing it then would have made it ideal. If Stern secured the license to use, it would be listed on the flyer, believe me. The flyer distinctly highlights all the songs the game has, they would not leave Stairway off if it was included. I understand your belief Stairway might not have worked, but I’ll ask you a hypothetical question to gauge your opinion.
Let’s say Stairway had been licensed and was listed on the flyer as optional. It was indeed included in the code, but it was locked behind a firewall. Then you find out Stern will sell you a dongle for $200 to unlock the song. Since you and your friend aren’t interested, you decide to pass and play the game for an eternity without it. Other Owners who are interested, decide to spend the money. So if there was no value to you you didn’t lose anything. Those who wanted it and were willing to pay, got it. So everybody is happy, right? Ok here is the question -> what percentage of LZ game Owners would buy the song? You make it seem as it would be close to zero. I hope it is close to 100% but know it won’t. For interest sake, let’s say 45% buy the mod. That would indicate people feel strongly enough that it should be in the game. I don’t know how a poll would turn out but do know I would vote to put the song in.
As an aside, it is no coincidence Stern is on a tear against all types of copyright infringement and they are openly trying to shut down any modifications to the software, forcing everyone to abandon plans to modify code or songs. So you can’t buy Stairway through an official Stern release, and you are dissuaded from doing it on your own game. I don’t think this is a conspiracy because I do believe Stern has been festering for years over copyright, as people used pinbrowser to swap songs. Some recent hobbyist projects have added movie clips and sounds to code and Stern is pissed. They have drawn a line in the sand. So knowing there is no legit way to get Stairway added, and believing that many would opt for the song even at more money, maybe you can understand why this was important to me and others and this was a failure to leave out imo.

A wizard mode would be the perfect use for such asset as it can’t be played any other way in the game. Not even in the jukebox mode. I would say it could likely be a caveat for its use by the licensor and the flyer don’t mean shit.

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

A wizard mode would be the perfect use for such asset as it can’t be played any other way in the game. Not even in the jukebox mode. I would say it could likely be a caveat for its use by the licensor and the flyer don’t mean shit.

Case 1
Current code and no hope of Stairway.

Case 2
Stern probably could have gotten the license more cheaply had they bought it only for the wizard mode. Arguing Stairway would only be played 1-2% of the overall games played.

Case 3
Another way they could have gone was to add Stairway to the jukebox. There could even have been an adjustment to disable Stairway from jukebox. Also Stern would not need to code the wizard mode around it, so it is super simple.

I think anything is better than what Stern decided on with Case 1.

#2885 3 years ago

It's not a great pinball fit to have music with a long, slow intro for there's a good chance your ball will drain before the good part. AS doesn't have "Dream On" and no Stairway is not a great loss to me. I can't imagine during multiball hearing the very slow beginning.

#2886 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If they did have the song, what a shame to waste one of the most iconic rock songs ever by hiding it in a Wizard mode. I guess as long as it was in a mini-Wizard mode - one not too easy but not impossible - a one in 10 or 20 game mode - it would make sense. That way it’s not too over exposed but still achievable.

In terms of it being too slow, not all of it is. That’s part of what makes the song great - the build up. Good coding could make that a great mini-wizard mode that builds up with the song.

But I seriously doubt Stern have the song if they’re not advertising it. It’s way too iconic (and likely expensive) to hide.

#2887 3 years ago

Stairway to Heaven only belongs in an attract mode, and then only played once in a blue moon, say every 20 plays on game or so.
But also have the option to turn that song off.

#2888 3 years ago

Decided to stick with my LE purchase here despite general group sentiment. I actually think the game will shape up nicely and that electric magic spinner mech shot looks mega satisfying after watching some streams. Great music to boot. Here’s to hoping!

#2889 3 years ago

Let’s say Stairway had been licensed and was listed on the flyer as optional. It was indeed included in the code, but it was locked behind a firewall. Then you find out Stern will sell you a dongle for $200 to unlock the song. Since you and your friend aren’t interested, you decide to pass and play the game for an eternity without it. Other Owners who are interested, decide to spend the money. So if there was no value to you you didn’t lose anything. Those who wanted it and were willing to pay, got it. So everybody is happy, right?

Yeah, that's sounds fine to me. If u love Zeppelin to the point u need that song in the pin (which is sad) then its almost certainly a keeper so go ahead and drop 200 bucks for ur completed pin. People spend money on all kinds of mods.

what percentage of LZ game Owners would buy the song? You make it seem as it would be close to zero.

No I'm stating that I don't really care about that song, never been a big deal to me and I don't give a shit that other people might be missing it.

That would indicate people feel strongly enough that it should be in the game.

Well u have been a Pinside member for 17yrs and probably into pinball for much longer, what else is new in this hobby? we rarely get everything we want. If they make a Sabbath pin I know my top picks aren't gonna be there but that's just the way it is.

I do understand ur disappointment, but my friend u should try dealing with this hobby from my point of view. Point is its just a pinball machine, get over it and be happy its been made at all.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

...that electric magic spinner mech shot looks mega satisfying after watching some streams...

but than, when you got it 3 or 4 times, its becoming quite nearly impossible to get again (because of the quicker timer down)
than still fun ? or boring ? to be honest, i dont know, but...

#2891 3 years ago

I'd prefer no Stairway- give me Dazed and Confused for the wizard mode.

#2892 3 years ago

Let’s say Stairway had been licensed and was listed on the flyer as optional. It was indeed included in the code, but it was locked behind a firewall. Then you find out Stern will sell you a dongle for $200 to unlock the song. Since you and your friend aren’t interested, you decide to pass and play the game for an eternity without it. Other Owners who are interested, decide to spend the money. So if there was no value to you you didn’t lose anything. Those who wanted it and were willing to pay, got it. So everybody is happy, right? Ok here is the question -> what percentage of LZ game Owners would buy the song? You make it seem as it would be close to zero. I hope it is close to 100% but know it won’t. For interest sake, let’s presume 45% buy the mod. That would indicate people feel strongly enough that it should be in the game that they were willing to spend $200 over whatever they did pay. I don’t know how a poll would turn out, but don’t think it would accurately measure this case. I do know I would vote to put the song in.
As an aside, it is no coincidence Stern is on a tear against all types of copyright infringement and they are openly trying to shut down any modifications to the software, forcing everyone to abandon plans to modify code or songs. So you can’t buy Stairway through an official Stern release, and you are dissuaded from doing it on your own game. No soup for you! I don’t think this is a conspiracy because I do believe Stern has been festering for years over copyright, as people used pinbrowser to swap songs. Some recent hobbyist projects have added movie clips and sounds to code and Stern is pissed. They have drawn a line in the sand. So knowing there is no legit way to get Stairway added, and believing that many would opt for the song even at more money, maybe you can understand why this was important to me and others and why this was a failure to leave out imo.

We should NEVER NEVER encourage pin producers to put features behind a firewall. Isnt $7000 for a toy reason enough to include all features?

Sorry, I just dont understand the hope that 100% would want and pay extra for it. Thats telling these manufacturers we obviously arent paying enough, in their eyes.

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We should NEVER NEVER encourage pin producers to put features behind a firewall. Isnt $7000 for a toy reason enough to include all features?
Sorry, I just dont understand the hope that 100% would want and pay extra for it. Thats telling these manufacturers we obviously arent paying enough, in their eyes.

I don’t want that either. I was using paywall only as an example because if Owners were asked if they wanted Stairway added for free, 95% would say yes and you wouldn’t have learned anything of it. But if asked to pay something out of pocket and spend more than chump change, they probably Really wanted the song in. And that was my intended point, many people would have liked to have had the song included for Real. I’d have suggested Stern give it to everyone for free.

Going forward, if Stern were to offer something behind a paywall, but revealed this plan before releasing the game, I’d be fine with it. Pass or not pass, but I’d know the rules going in, not some backdoor system monkeying. Imagine if BEFORE they released Zeppelin, Stern had said here is your list of 10 songs that comes with all game models. Should you wish to add the bonus pack of 100 additional songs with video that plays during attract mode and in jukebox, it will costs $500 to procure the dongle. That would have been fricking amaze balls!!! and I would have taken all the dongle they were willing to sell me. I’d have ordered a LZ on day 1 and paid for the 100 song upgrade. Imagine listening/watching 24/7 of Led Zeppelin music on the jukebox. All LZ / All the Time.

This example is too good to be true, so maybe Stern would have offered a 4 songs (including Stairway) bonus pack for $200. That deal would not be enough to push me into buying the game and I’d have no need for this offer. But if I did hypothetically own the game, I would hypothetically buy the 4 song bonus pack just to get my blasted Stairway .

But all this talk about owning the game is one thing. I’ll still enjoy playing LZ where ever I can find one and am glad Stern made it. Note to Stern Design Team - call me before you do Black Sabbath and right after you talk to Ozzy.

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If they did have the song, what a shame to waste one of the most iconic rock songs ever by hiding it in a Wizard mode. I guess as long as it was in a mini-Wizard mode - one not too easy but not impossible - a one in 10 or 20 game mode - it would make sense. That way it’s not too over exposed but still achievable.
In terms of it being too slow, not all of it is. That’s part of what makes the song great - the build up. Good coding could make that a great mini-wizard mode that builds up with the song.
But I seriously doubt Stern have the song if they’re not advertising it. It’s way too iconic (and likely expensive) to hide.

I really have no idea what the wizard modes are going to be but listening to Tim talk about it on 2-3 podcasts now I get the impression it isn’t some generic BS mode.

I don’t care either way if there are more songs or not because the 10 they have are great.

I think dazed and confused could be a possibility too with some sort of lightshow and acid wash display content.

#2895 3 years ago

I don't want to argue but here is my take. Led Zeppelin is without a doubt the greatest band of all time for many reasons but i will make it simple. Zeppelin is the only band that has all 4 members considered the best or among the best ever, no other band has even 2 that I know of. Best drummer to ever live is John Bonham he is number 1 according to Rolling Stone Mag. The others band members are all near the top and all were voted there by their piers, so this is not just an opinion from a fan its the opinion cast by other bands, music greats ,producers ect ect. look it up for yourself, I was born in 1971 the year stairway to heaven came out and 49 years later everybody still knows that song. I bought an LE and It looks great to me personally, I love the art on all three machines and think SR did a great job. so if anyone disagrees no worries now name a band that is has all members rated higher. happy new year

#2896 3 years ago

Thread is back on fire baby.

Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'd prefer no Stairway- give me Dazed and Confused for the wizard mode.

Depends on the version used, Dazed and Confused live at MSG in 1973 was 30 minutes long. The first half was slow and building (just like Stairway) while the back half, takes off and would make for a quick 15 minute climax. That would be great.

#2897 3 years ago

Thread is back on fire baby.

Depends on the version used, Dazed and Confused live at MSG in 1973 was 30 minutes long. The first half was slow and building (just like Stairway) and the last half takes off and would make for a quick 15 minute climax. That would be great.

Someone mentioned a wizard mode like this would be cool with a ball save for entire song length and a sniper type mode where sine shots and specific combos need to be hit in a specific order. Don’t finish during the song duration and game over.

I was also thinking for stairway with no stairway toy in the game, each shot would have a stairway animation on lcd.

Dreaming out loud

#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone mentioned a wizard mode like this would be cool with a ball save for entire song length and a sniper type mode where sine shots and specific combos need to be hit in a specific order. Don’t finish during the song duration and game over.
I was also thinking for stairway with no stairway toy in the game, each shot would have a stairway animation on lcd.
Dreaming out loud

That sounds great. Now we just gotta get hired at Stern to make it happen the way we want.
But seriously let’s say a fan was talented enough to create that wizard mode and make it work. He pulled together all the assets. Rearranged things and tied into stern code and scoring and it worked beautifully. He couldn’t sell it to anyone without getting a C&D letter. He probably couldn’t give it away as charity either. So the only hope is to motivate Stern to do it. Very sad the mod community is getting hammered on.

#2899 3 years ago

That sounds great. Now we just gotta get hired at Stern to make it happen the way we want it

Lol

I’m looking forward to seeing what Tim’s been hyping up, no pressure Tim!

It will either be special and spectacular like he says or nothing, not much middle ground in my book.

#2900 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lol
I’m looking forward to seeing what Tim’s been hyping up, no pressure Tim!
It will either be special and spectacular like he says or nothing, not much middle ground in my book.

How long can they keep something special secret if games are already being received? Is it not coded yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 65.99
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/58?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.