E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 67.
#2801 11 months ago

Got this cool banner for the gameroom. Now just waiting for my pro to arrive.

20201230_193349 (resized).jpg
#2802 11 months ago

Good God! The LZ Hype Thread has caused my ignore list to grow exponentially! Keep on bashing guys.

#2803 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. I was one of the people telling people how crazy fun IM was despite the first impressions. I bought one in 2010 & the hobbyists at the time told me I was a piece of shit for enjoying/buying games like IM, Avatar & Tron.
It was a different time. Everyone wanted the next Bally/Williams, and games like IM are why Jack started JJP with a fully packed wide body.
It gained a following over time & actually led to the current tastes changing toward “less is Ok, less=faster”. Less can be more sometimes, but when the prices are so much higher, what’s in the game is as relevant as ever for a first impression.

I remember having a few conversations with you at the time regarding Tron. I was (and still am) in the I want to see where my money is going camp.

Iron Man is fun but so is High Speed...

#2804 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not surprised you judge a game, while watching others play, on the internet lol.

i still cant understand... that lot of people cant understand that !?

as of course, as a "player" myself, i can easily analyse/judge a new game i still havent played, by just watching others guys playing it
of course, the only/needeed condition, is that the playing guy is good, & know about the game/code/rules

#2805 11 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Good God! The LZ Hype Thread has caused my ignore list to grow exponentially! Keep on bashing guys.

Is the hype thread only for non-critical conversation? I figured any and all “hey it’s a new game!” talk was OK.

#2806 11 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

So tonight during another LZ stream, I killed the music but left the SFX, and blew it up!
Here ya go!!!

Based on the multiplier math of LZ, this guy is exactly 3.4 times as good as me, but none of that takes away the fun factor. I just love the way this game plays and can't wait to see a premium in my house

#2807 11 months ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Saw the reveal- was horrified..relieved I hadn’t found an LE.
Saw the Stern stream- still horrified..
Saw the SDTM gameplay- ok, ok, maybe
Played the pro - well, if I go sweet on it people will all start with the “wow, write a review after 5 games..ppfffftt”. Or “all your expectations were so low, how could it be any worse?” Possibly, but against all odds, it comes together real nice. Played it with sound blasting, which is key.
First off- you can hit the middle ramp from the third flipper. In 10 games, saw it twice. It is near impossible for average players but why aim for it??
Second- action button can launch ball and pick stuff- yeeaahh..
Third- Wizard mode is AMAZING! But, I had to sign something to play so, yeah, wish I could share.
I might like it because it is simple. It’s the Beatles but with ramps and great music. Long balls happen. Want to listen to great music and hit ramps? This is the pin for you. Want to launch a mode, try to hit something specific a lot, hit lots of ramps and listen to great music? This is the pin for you. Want to aim for an important target in the middle of the playfield which causes the ball to drain at 3x the speed you hit it? Buy a Star Wars, or AC/DC.
Who cares what’s on the lcd, who cares about a British guy saying a bunch of stuff, who cares that the translite is the same as the sides, who cares the code isn’t perfect. See a flashing arrow by a ramp?- hit it!..and repeat - with great music.. I’m a huge Zeppelin fan so, yeah low bar. Hit anything, song keeps going. Don’t hit anything, song keeps going! Thought I would get tired of the same song, but it doesn’t have that effect. If I’m at a bar and had a few beers- I know this is the low stress pin for me. I’m a pretty big AC/DC fan as well, but couldn’t stand that pin. This works for me. Nice work, again, Stern. Now, is it worth $6,8 or 9.5k? Ah, well.. and yeah- never saw Wizard mode. Not even close, but who cares? It’s Zeppelin blasting while I’m playing with flippers and steel balls!

You really had to sign something to play the game?

#2808 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You really had to sign something to play the game?

Probably because of the super secret spectacular wizard mode!!!

#2809 11 months ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

First off- you can hit the middle ramp from the third flipper. In 10 games, saw it twice. It is near impossible for average players but why aim for it??

Any comments on shots I always take with a grain of salt..

Frankly most people cant setup games for shit and most places you go play to test it out dont bother to do so.

Cant count the number of times people have said this shot doesnt work or this drains too easy etc etc and I look for two seconds and the game isnt level or whatever isnt dialed in right.

There is allot going on on a pinball machine.. they dont always play like butter out of the box.

#2810 11 months ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Any comments on shots I always take with a grain of salt..
Frankly most people cant setup games for shit and most places you go play to test it out dont bother to do so.
Cant count the number of times people have said this shot doesnt work or this drains too easy etc etc and I look for two seconds and the game isnt level or whatever isnt dialed in right.
There is allot going on on a pinball machine.. they dont always play like butter out of the box.

The center ramp is in no way designed to be hit form upper R flipper. If it was intended they would have used a banana ramp style like Elwin came up with.

#2811 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Probably because of the super secret spectacular wizard mode!!!

I was seriously asking because Jack made an interesting comment about not being allowed to shoot for the wizard mode or that it would be frowned upon. Didn’t say he signed anything though.

Just interesting....

#2812 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The center ramp is in no way designed to be hit form upper R flipper. If it was intended they would have used a banana ramp style like Elwin came up with.

Steve and Tim have said multiple times that it was the intent but difficult shot.

#2813 11 months ago

Haven’t seen the right ramp being hit from a cradled backhand
It looks like the ball may not have enough momentum to carry it up and around the inverted bend
If it can be done, wonder if it’s as fluent as backhanding the right ramp on Star Wars or AC/DC?

#2814 11 months ago

Tim Sexton said on a podcast that the wizard mode is not programmed in yet. Jack would know this. Therefore not a good idea to go for it on a stream because nothing would happen, or 50M would happen or the like.

#2815 11 months ago
Quoted from Hawks:

It looks like the ball may not have enough momentum to carry it up and around the inverted bend
If it can be done, wonder if it’s as fluent as backhanding the right ramp on Star Wars or AC/DC?

I was hitting the right ramp from a cradled backhand last night. Out of the 4-5 times I tried it, it only failed to make it up once.

#2816 11 months ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Jack hit hit a few times Friday night and said it felt good.

#2817 11 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Tim Sexton said on a podcast that the wizard mode is not programmed in yet. Jack would know this. Therefore not a good idea to go for it on a stream because nothing would happen, or 50M would happen or the like.

I didn’t hear Tim specifically say that it wasn’t in yet, he did say there was several things to be added. Went on to say he wasn’t disclosing because it’s spectacular and needs to be earned.

There is one other wizard and mini wizard to go for in the event the final one with ? Isn’t there yet.

#2818 11 months ago

I probably need to go back and listen to it again. I thought he said something very special happens when you reach the wizard mode and I, like many, think he is referring to another song being unlocked. Possibly Stairway.

#2819 11 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I was hitting the right ramp from a cradled backhand last night. Out of the 4-5 times I tried it, it only failed to make it up once.

Quoted from Psw757:

Jack hit hit a few times Friday night and said it felt good.

Great to hear, backhanding ramps are amongst my favourite shots in pinball
Being able to do all 3 ramps is big deal to me
Can’t wait to play and enjoy my Le when is makes it’s way to my man cave down under
Happy new year to all!

#2820 11 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I probably need to go back and listen to it again. I thought he said something very special happens when you reach the wizard mode and I, like many, think he is referring to another song being unlocked. Possibly Stairway.

That’s what I’m thinking as well. The two wizard mode inserts from a LZ fan perspective indicate possible unlocking a song.

I had top of the charts insert pegged for stairway and the LZ 1 logo with ? Being Dazed and confused but who knows. A medley of tunes would be cool too.

#2821 11 months ago

someone should start a thread with another poll as to which songs are in the wizard modes.. although I think PSW just nailed it! also, I was kidding..no more LZ threads peeeze! awesome gameplay stream Jack! you lit it up, but too many extra balls! (imo!)

#2822 11 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Got this cool banner for the gameroom. Now just waiting for my pro to arrive.
[quoted image]

No fair...you gotta share the link!

#2823 11 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

someone should start a thread with another poll as to which songs are in the wizard modes.. although I think PSW just nailed it! also, I was kidding..no more LZ threads peeeze! awesome gameplay stream Jack! you lit it up, but too many extra balls! (imo!)

Yeah a LOT of EB's for sure.
Also, the game was delivered without a bob for the tilt, soooooo

#2824 11 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Yeah a LOT of EB's for sure.
Also, the game was delivered without a bob for the tilt, soooooo

I figured it had no tilt bob.. you were surprised to still get that Danger warning! it was like Plant was looking down and giving you a shout out at a show!

#2825 11 months ago

"With COVID, it made it a little difficult to throw it together in the end." - Steve Richie speaking about Led Zeppelin on the Marco Pinball stream.

#2826 11 months ago
Quoted from coop:

"With COVID, it made it a little difficult to throw it together in the end." - Steve Richie speaking about Led Zeppelin on the Marco Pinball stream.

COVID makes everything more difficult. Doesn’t sound like a great insight.

#2827 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Steve and Tim have said multiple times that it was the intent but difficult shot.

if that it is an intended shot, it is by far the crappiest design I have ever seen.
You can luck your way into it, but it is obvious it was never actually intended...

may more of a "hey, I just made the ramp from the upper flipper"
:oh yeah..."I totally meant for that"

#2829 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if that it is an intended shot, it is by far the crappiest design I have ever seen.
You can luck your way into it, but it is obvious it was never actually intended...
may more of a "hey, I just made the ramp from the upper flipper"
:oh yeah..."I totally meant for that"

ehh there's a recent tradition.

Tron's "gem" shot

Dialed In's "SIM card"

good luck depending on the setup. Especially Tron.

#2830 11 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i still cant understand... that lot of people cant understand that !?
as of course, as a "player" myself, i can easily analyse/judge a new game i still havent played, by just watching others guys playing it
of course, the only/needeed condition, is that the playing guy is good, & know about the game/code/rules

Amazing to me as well. The eyeball test is quite effective for me.

As one of the biggest Stern fanboys on the planet, my eyeballs don't like LZ. Sorry Boobie, don't get your panties in a f ing wad again. It's just my opinion!

And i'll find out soon enough if GNRCE lives up to my excitement level. Just got the call today, 2-3 weeks.

Who knows, maybe i'll be trading it one day to Boobie for his LZ? LOL

#2831 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ehh there's a recent tradition.
Tron's "gem" shot
Dialed In's "SIM card"
good luck depending on the setup. Especially Tron.

WHat you talking about willis?
That is the dumbest "intentional" shot design ever

pasted_image (resized).png

#2832 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

Who cares?

Seems like that shot is pretty easy to make with the other two flippers.

#2833 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

No fucking way is that going to work!I don’t see even lucking that shot!

#2834 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No fucking way is that going to work!I don’t see even lucking that shot!

Yet there are people saying they have done it. the bigger question is why do you want to do it? Seems to me that sweeping the drops or completing the L E D targets make a lot more sense from a true players standpoint.

#2835 11 months ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Yet there are people saying they have done it. the bigger question is why do you want to do it? Seems to me that sweeping the drops or completing the L E D targets make a lot more sense from a true players standpoint.

but what would they have to troll about?!

#2836 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who cares?
Seems like that shot is pretty easy to make with the other two flippers.

Then why have the 3rd flipper then if the ramp is pretty much make able by the other two flippers? Some people do care to have a flipper in the game that actually works and not there just for the sake of having it there or to just hit three drop targets that can be easily made with the other two flippers.

Sorry but many people hated on BKSOR and I own a premium and love it, but for me BKSOR art and overall design for me works and makes sense. And with the topper it’s a site to see and plays great IN MY OPINION.

I just don’t see the need for a 3rd flipper here and LZ just doesn’t get me excited to want to play or own. I will play on location if one turns up in Arizona, but how is SR LZ layout getting much praise where as BKSOR got a lot of hate?? I am new to pinball and loved BK pro but played the premium and had to have the upper playfield, LZ premium I don’t feel the need to have the rising spinner.

But I need to play it first. But BK is just a beautiful game and fun. Hopefully I am wrong about LZ.

EBEC6115-A67D-46A3-8032-E6A6F773082B (resized).jpeg
#2837 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Then why have the 3rd flipper then if the ramp is pretty much make able by the other two flippers? Some people do care to have a flipper in the game that actually works and not there just for the sake of having it there.

Am I missing something?

Looks like there's another shot there for the third flipper. THis is not a "hobbit" situation.

ALso I don't give a shit. You guys want to whine about LZ for the next few months be my guest.

#2838 11 months ago

Sweep the leg Jonny

#2839 11 months ago

I think you can totally make this shot with the 3rd flipper. The ball whips around the orbit fast, you need the 3rd flipper to hit the scoop, and look below the left of that center ramp, you'll see posts with rubber, so you're either going into the scoop, bouncing off the rubber, or into the rubber/ramp richoteting up the ramp. I'm not sure anyone would be aiming to do that, it looks like more of a novelty to me because you're trying to hit the scoop and not sure if there's a way for the game to know you're doing this unless there's a switch off the orbit and a switch coming down the ramp? but either way think it's still cool. If anything, one thing I can't see is hitting the scoop on the left to the wireform if the game had only only 2 flippers.

pasted_image (resized).png
#2840 11 months ago

So where’s the hype? This thread of is no longer on fire!

Next Stern {Elwin} Godzilla or BTTF, {Eddy} Jaws or {Ritchie} My Little Pony?

#2841 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Oh no don’t let Stern do BTTF we need Eric Menuir to do this after Pat knocks Toy Story out of the park!

#2842 11 months ago

I’m going to throw caution to the wind and risk being uncool by saying this game looks fun to shoot. Maybe it’s the whiskey talking but I love spinners and fast games. The longer I’m in this hobby the more I realize that I could give two shits about mechs and toys (unless it’s TZ) that I don’t even notice after 20 games. It’s the shots and the ruleset that make me keep me hitting the start button, and I find SR games really fun to shoot.

#2843 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Here's some hype for you! Were having our unofficial state championship this Saturday. The op just unboxed a LZ pro so it will be featured in the tourney! HYPED UP!

7467 (resized).jpeg
#2844 11 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’m going to throw caution to the wind and risk being uncool by saying this game looks fun to shoot. Maybe it’s the whiskey talking but I love spinners and fast games. The longer I’m in this hobby the more I realize that I could give two shits about mechs and toys (unless it’s TZ) that I don’t even notice after 20 games. It’s the shots and the ruleset that make me keep me hitting the start button, and I find SR games really fun to shoot.

Smart man

#2845 11 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Here's some hype for you! Were having our unofficial state championship this Saturday. The op just unboxed a LZ pro so it will be featured in the tourney! HYPED UP!
[quoted image]

Thank God (and you three gentlemen) for a breath of fresh air and positivity in this thread...and three in a row!

#2846 11 months ago

Nobody will listen to me but the game is fun to shoot and reports from players on route are that they dig it also!

#2847 11 months ago

Modding your Led Zepp! Credit to another Pinsiders who referenced these but I ordered a few Jimmy Page guitars and wanted to give a review. These Gibson mini guitars are awesome. I was impressed by the quality and detail. I am looking to position both of these in my LE. It looks like the high quality sculpts that the game needed. The sunburst guitar will be over the wireforms near the shooter lane and the double neck in the far right corner. I have a Bonham drum kit and Marshall Amp on order!
5ABB9C39-2590-46C8-A6A0-82185ECA17C9 (resized).jpegC36DD715-FF5C-46F2-8CB6-04FA79B200BD (resized).jpeg

#2848 11 months ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Modding your Led Zepp! Credit to another Pinsiders who referenced these but I ordered a few Jimmy Page guitars and wanted to give a review. These Gibson mini guitars are awesome. I was impressed by the quality and detail. I am looking to position both of these in my LE. It looks like the high quality sculpts that the game needed. The sunburst guitar will be over the wireforms near the shooter lane and the double neck in the far right corner. I have a Bonham drum kit and Marshall Amp on order!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are those from Axe Heaven?

#2849 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Are those from Axe Heaven?

Yes they are!

#2850 11 months ago
D16BABEE-A4F1-4BE7-84CE-CB8217109D00 (resized).png
There are 3,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside