E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 68.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How did they go from MET to this???? Think I fell asleep after 30seconds.

Yup.

Met Pro is loaded compared to this.

LCD screen compensates somewhat.

#2702 3 years ago

New pinball is always fun!

97ECE589-9068-4270-9138-A97D1A10C9E4 (resized).jpeg97ECE589-9068-4270-9138-A97D1A10C9E4 (resized).jpegB4A748E1-558B-4236-8A2F-91E0899DFA26 (resized).jpegB4A748E1-558B-4236-8A2F-91E0899DFA26 (resized).jpeg
#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Jack Danger has an LE in studio
And will be filming tonight pics on Facebook

Filming live? What time?

Guess LE’s are on the line now if he got one?

#2704 3 years ago

Le looks good in the picture

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

New pinball is always fun!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You must not have gotten the memo. It's always fun unless it's LZ...which nobody's even played yet.

#2706 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM
Led Zeppelin Pinball First Look & Gameplay (Pro Model, Stern Pinball)

Looks like a “the pin” level game

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Filming live? What time?
Guess LE’s are on the line now if he got one?

It’s probably just a sample game. A lot of his games are preproduction units, sometimes with little very differences than final retail games.

No way Stern is letting him borrow one of 500 LEs to death save on.

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s probably just a sample game. A lot of his games are preproduction units, sometimes with little very differences than final retail games.
No way Stern is letting him borrow one of 500 LEs to death save on.

Not sure, someone said pros not on line til 21st but clearly if they are unboxed overseas it’s been a month and us pros showing up now.
My distro told me early to mid Jan for my Le so figured maybe line was swapped over.

Excited either way and looking forward to the stream.

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So what price do you think will the lighted panels will cost? $279 like ST UV kit? Liking the pro artwork a bit more.

I bet it’ll be about twice that. Pinstadium set the market price. These are even more elaborate and capable than that.

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must not have gotten the memo. It's always fun unless it's LZ...which nobody's even played yet.

I have played it

#2712 3 years ago

It is fun. 1 part Star Trek. 1 part acDC
Upper flipper dead end shot is great. Perfect level of difficulty and very satisfying to hit.
Great combos. Great backhands.

Barren pf but I care about shots. This shots well! Theme is well done. Art on pro is really good in person. Pf in particular looks really nice in person.

#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How did they go from MET to this???? Think I fell asleep after 30seconds.

Ok. That pro is super basic...even for a pro. It really is The Pin level basic. Sure it shoots well - like 15 other pro level Sterns, but wow... it’s really getting to the level of pick a theme, pick a layout, slap on some art, done. Just like The Pin.

Why not have 3 good shooting layouts, a bunch of themes everyone wants, and let customer pick and “customize” their game.

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks like a “the pin” level game

Playfield look wise I can definitely see that. Sucks Steve and company had their hands tied with this pin, assuming anyway.

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok. That pro is super basic...even for a pro. It really is The Pin level basic. Sure it shoots well - like 15 other pro level Sterns, but wow... it’s really getting to the level of pick a theme, pick a layout, slap on some art, done. Just like The Pin.
Why not have 3 good shooting layouts, a bunch of themes everyone wants, and let customer pick and “customize” their game.

Sure. Thats a repeatable manufacturing line process. Lol!

#2716 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is fun. 1 part Star Trek. 1 part acDC
Upper flipper dead end shot is great. Perfect level of difficulty and very satisfying to hit.
Great combos. Great backhands.
Barren pf but I care about shots. This shots well! Theme is well done. Art on pro is really good in person. Pf in particular looks really nice in person.

I got a chance to shoot a few games also. Game looks much better in person. Shots seem tight at first, once you get the feel for them , not so bad. Typical Richie game, safer to backhand every shot so it doesn't bounce back sdtm. Some of the sounds have a 70s vibe to them. Can't say if I liked it or not, need a lot more plays to learn the code. I would like to play a premium. I want to see how all the extras change the play.

#2717 3 years ago

Should've got Del Preston to do the voice over.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2718 3 years ago

Just watched the Deadflip stream ....it’s uh, um....it’s a game.

For diehard Zep fans only, I think. It seems relatively soulless & bare without much in the way of satisfying interactions.

Just made me think of all the various satisfying things in AC/DC:
-Satisfying to lite the jukebox, whip the ball up the right side shot, slam the button to pick a new song.
-Satisfying to hit the train ramp & get a corresponding train sound...the bell for a “gong”, the explosion of the cannon and TNT, etc.
-Even tho hokey, the band dancing to the beat of whatever song your in makes the Multiball more alive and fun.
-Steve’s devil voice is funny & fits the game.
-The multiball start has a nice start up show (the crashing train) to get you pumped.

Zep seems like a satisfaction-free version of AC/DC. It doesn’t have any of that slick choreography synced to your play to make you feel good. Stern’s Rolling Stones seems to have more energy about it.

Lyman is the true king.

#2719 3 years ago

Makes Rolling Stones look like a really really good pin. . . Love the fan boys in here making excuses for this obvious POS. . .

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Makes Rolling Stones look like a really really good pin. . . Love the fan boys in here making excuses for this obvious POS. . .

Rolling Stones is a good pin with good code.

If you want some toys head on down to your local toy store.

#2721 3 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

16.8% up/down ratio. SOMEBODY needs to get laid...

#2722 3 years ago

The LCD screen seems very underutilized. Rarely is it telling the player what to do or offering any guidance. Compare it to some other games where the screen has useful information (granted some players never look up, but it doesn’t change the fact it is sparse compared to other Stern games)

The game is just shoot the flashing arrows and make a few combos to build up a playfield multiplier. Sometimes a tour will offer some side objectives to work on

Also...can a player just trap up for 50 minutes or whatever and get to the wizard mode? You won’t build up values or anything. But it would be amusing if this is a game a player can get to the wizard mode with only a single flipper button press. This isn’t me being negative. More of an observation.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

No shit games. Only shit people. I read that on FB and agree totally.

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The LCD screen seems very underutilized. Rarely is it telling the player what to do or offering any guidance. Compare it to some other games where the screen has useful information (granted some players never look up, but it doesn’t change the fact it is sparse compared to other Stern games)
The game is just shoot the flashing arrows and make a few combos to build up a playfield multiplier. Sometimes a tour will offer some side objectives to work on
Also...can a player just trap up for 50 minutes or whatever and get to the wizard mode? You won’t build up values or anything. But it would be amusing if this is a game a player can get to the wizard mode with only a single flipper button press. This isn’t me being negative. More of an observation.

Game is at .91 code. Let's give it some time, hopefully more to come

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No shit games. Only shit people. I read that on FB and agree totally.

but what do you really think?

This is standard Stern fare. They will sell a lot of em, but only soon. in a couple years, they will have 4 games that blow this away and 4 that aren't as good. take your pick.

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just watched the Deadflip stream ....it’s uh, um....it’s a game.
For diehard Zep fans only, I think. It seems relatively soulless & bare without much in the way of satisfying interactions.
Just made me think of all the various satisfying things in AC/DC:
-Satisfying to lite the jukebox, whip the ball up the right side shot, slam the button to pick a new song.
-Satisfying to hit the train ramp & get a corresponding train sound...the bell for a “gong”, the explosion of the cannon and TNT, etc.
-Even tho hokey, the band dancing to the beat of whatever song your in makes the Multiball more alive and fun.
-Steve’s devil voice is funny & fits the game.
-The multiball start has a nice start up show (the crashing train) to get you pumped.
Zep seems like a satisfaction-free version of AC/DC. It doesn’t have any of that slick choreography synced to your play to make you feel good. Stern’s Rolling Stones seems to have more energy about it.
Lyman is the true king.

Have you played lz yet? As your comparing it to a game most people own or have owned and definitely played in the last 8 years? If we're gonna do this comparison though let's also talk about the absolute flogging the acdc pro got for being stripped to shit at the time. Also acdc got blasted for being a T2 redo.

Same old shit... a game comes out people watch a stream, compare and bag it out... then the game matures and people start to like it.

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Game is at .91 code. Let's give it some time, hopefully more to come

They’re the ones who release games too early and leave bad impressions with people like me. Shrug

There are a few Stern games that I thought were rubbish the first few months they were out. Some of them I like now years later, and some still stink IMHO. Just hoping for the best and being grateful for whatever they do is how standards get lower.

It just felt like Stern was getting so much better about shipping games that were close to feature complete, especially after COVID slowed down the line for a bit.

#2728 3 years ago

Finally watched some video. I gave it an honest chance, but it is actually worse than I thought it would be. I don't mind bksor, so I'm not a stripped down Stern hater. This game just looks bland. I'm sure it'll be okay to shoot a few games on location, but I can't think of another modern Stern game that is this... Boring. I think Avengers 1 gives it an honest challenge, which is insane. At least the license will make it more fun. I hope all buyers see it differently.

#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They’re the ones who release games too early and leave bad impressions with people like me. Shrug
There are a few Stern games that I thought were rubbish the first few months they were out. Some of them I like now years later, and some still stink IMHO. Just hoping for the best and being grateful for whatever they do is how standards get lower.
It just felt like Stern was getting so much better about shipping games that were close to feature complete, especially after COVID slowed down the line for a bit.

Hey. Was not knocking you at all, didn't mean to sound that way. I do wish games were polished upon release. But that's just not possible, takes lots of plays and feedback to get there. And sometimes, they never do finish. Im hopeful

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finally watched some video. I gave it an honest chance, but it is actually worse than I thought it would be.

Shocking.

#2731 3 years ago

Honestly if you like ST then I think you will like LZ

#2732 3 years ago

Someone asked Jack to go for one of the wizard modes and he responded with something like I’m not sure I should or maybe not allowed, never heard him make a comment like that before. Thought it was interesting, maybe not even in there yet.

#2733 3 years ago

Ditto!

#2734 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol

I’m looking at a bunch of “fun” LE Stern pins

LZ is a sad state of affairs

#2735 3 years ago

If you like LZ for yourself. That’s all that matter Boobie

But it’s “shocking” to me how barren it is

But it’s Ritchie

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you like LZ for yourself. That’s all that matter Boobie
But it’s “shocking” to me how barren it is
But it’s Ritchie

Star Wars was shocking, too. And then people played it for a while and the code matured. Now it's a much better regarded pin than it was initially. GOT is another example and so is DI. STh is moving in that direction. You see it time and time again here.

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol
I’m looking at a bunch of “fun” LE Stern pins
LZ is a sad state of affairs

I cant stop playing AIQLE at the moment Ice. And EHOHLE due next week - things are good. We all know Stern can obviously create some of the best games when it all falls into place.

If I was a huge LZ fan id probably have ordered LZ - but then it would have been an LE since I was such a huge fan. Regardless of the game, what's not to like about playing pinball to your favourite band?

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Have you played lz yet? As your comparing it to a game most people own or have owned and definitely played in the last 8 years? If we're gonna do this comparison though let's also talk about the absolute flogging the acdc pro got for being stripped to shit at the time. Also acdc got blasted for being a T2 redo.

Of course I haven’t played it....but I know enough about pinball to know what I’m looking at when watching a stream, and of course I’m gonna compare it to other rock games. Should I just buy it I can play it & then tell your my impressions? I’m sure it’s fun to play. It just feels really sterile compared to another Ritchie rock game. It’s a fair point to make. It’s also fair to bring up that AC/DC had Lyman, this doesn’t. We don’t know if it’ll get better.

I’ve never understood the T2 comparison. They’re nothing alike in design, feel, play or rules.

#2739 3 years ago

I missed the stream today, did Jack say if he was uploading it too YouTube?

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I missed the stream today, did Jack say if he was uploading it too YouTube?

Pretty sure he said he’s it would be in youtube.

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

but what do you really think?
This is standard Stern fare. They will sell a lot of em, but only soon. in a couple years, they will have 4 games that blow this away and 4 that aren't as good. take your pick.

If I was a fan of the band I would buy a game. I agree with you, I like some Stern games more than others but I like them all

I do not think any pinball machine is shit. Time to find a different hobby if you feel like that.

#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Star Wars was shocking, too. And then people played it for a while and the code matured. Now it's a much better regarded pin than it was initially. GOT is another example and so is DI. STh is moving in that direction. You see it time and time again here.

And it still sucks. So does GOT and so does DI.

LZ is an epic failure. So far below those games and that's saying something.

But it has flippers, a few ramps, some songs if you like LZ and a box of lights. So any pinball is never terrible!

#2743 3 years ago

I do not think any pinball machine is shit. Time to find a different hobby if you feel like that.

This is a hobby, not a cult. If someone doesn’t like some games, they can still play pinball.

#2744 3 years ago

If I was a fan of the band I would buy a game. I agree with you, I like some Stern games more than others but I like them all

You have mentioned at least twice that there are no bad pinballs. Then the quote was "only shit people" and "time to find a different hobby". I enjoy cars but that doesn't mean I love every type of car. We are consumers and have opinions on a hobby full of many many choices. If we just applaud every new game whether it is recycled, boring, and an eye sore there would be no reason for the manufacturers to put out high end machines with new innovations, rad art and fun games that never let you walk away. I get that the perpetual negativity on pinside can be a bit much but similar to art, pinball machines are subjective. I have learnt very quickly into this hobby that the top 100 does not hold any value on purchasing a machine for myself. If you like it buy it, if you don't hold onto that cash for the next one. We definitely have the right to dislike machines which does not make an individual a "shit person" nor have to leave a hobby. I believe our disappointment often stems from a passion perspective and the hopes for each new machine released to be our version of "incredible" with those "holy shit" moments that drew us into this hobby. We live in amazing times with all the mods, art, toppers and machines being released. Keep on rippin n' flippin!

#2745 3 years ago

Wow, No new power supply as yet ! ????

I can hear the fan screaming away louder than the band,

#2746 3 years ago

Mick has been replaced by Ic on a stick.

Very similar feel to RS with the call outs.

It's kind of RS 2.0.

I am sure it will be fun to play and shoot like butter, so look forward to playing it on location.

Always have preferred Stern games to JJP, but would have to choose GnR over a LZ.

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Rolling Stones... with good code.

in fact, tanx to Lonnie, mostly same code as avatar & tron (which i like for what it is)

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is a hobby, not a cult. If someone doesn’t like some games, they can still play pinball.

+1

while watching LZ vids i have 0/10 excitation...
but may be i'm missing something, and i will get the "HUH" when i'll play one in real !? even if honestly i dont think so, as a player i quickly have an idea of a pin by just watching vids

now, let's admit code is of course not mature, than OK its a bit soon to fully judge

#2749 3 years ago

Haven't looked at game or threads.
Watched some vids tonight and the thing is farkin horrendous.

Even the Premium video struggles to highlight , well, anything really .... 10 songs ( I have a jukebox ), a song list on the backboard (wow) ball saver targets ... with ball and saver written on them ... ( laughable) ... the "magic device" ... is a spinner ( oh lol x 1 million ) ... it appears truly average.

I notice they stand ups are individual, so there's yet another slap in the nutsack to MUN owners.

This game has ZERO innovation, no thought and well I've spent too much of my life on it now, so ... bye.

#2750 3 years ago

At the end of the day Stern know what they are doing.

This game will sell well because...... it is LZ.

Bit like Gary saying SW would sell if it was just a box of lights.

Keeps the production line going, until the next one.

I am not a LZ fan, but would have bought it if it had some of the Maiden magic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tigard, OR
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Portland, OR
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 300.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/55?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.