E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 68.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do these people that stream pinball make a living doing it or does it supplement some other main income?

I have never streamed anything so I have no idea. But even I know there are bands that do not fuck around. Queen, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin and others. Some of them you so much as say the name of one of their songs in a monatized video and they are having it taken down and sending lawyers. A live stream is laughable.

#2552 3 years ago

Any reason Stern can’t develop their own video streaming application or do it solely through their own site?

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any reason Stern can’t develop their own video streaming application or do it solely through their own site?

Money. Haha.

#2554 3 years ago

I feel like we're all just yelling to yell. The situation sucks. Gov't effs up everything. Somehow, a compromise will be reached. It's all about $$$. Google and Amazon involved. Money will get sorted.

I saw the whole stream uninterrupted on FB. Then I can view the replay on Stern's website at any time. What is the problem?

3c6a7ea90d5e1bc70dcc935ffac7634b.gif3c6a7ea90d5e1bc70dcc935ffac7634b.gif

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I feel like we're all just yelling to yell. I saw the whole stream uninterrupted on FB. Then I can view the replay on Stern's website at any time. What is the problem?[quoted image]

That is why I think it was a PR Stunt.

#2556 3 years ago

I saw the whole stream uninterrupted on FB. Then I can view the replay on Stern's website at any time. What is the problem?

That’s only because you didn’t hit refresh.

The video posted afterwards was hosted by sterns website, not Facebook.

#2557 3 years ago

Yeah I was bummed out. I lost my internet connection for a second and lost the whole FB feed

Regardless, Stern needs to figure it out for their next game in a couple months. The issue isn’t going away for a while

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Totally disagree with this and Stern other than I don’t need another Steve Ritchie “flow monster”
Take a look at the top 15 pins and then ponder why you might be in the extreme minority with your Stern comments
Other “recent Sterns” are not as you describe. Lol

It's ok to disagree and i'm well aware i'm in the minority.
My most fun games correlate really bad with pinside top 100.
Elwin games are fun shooters, but i dont feel they ooze of luxury and value for money.
They feel cheap and look cheap esp after a couple of games, when they can be rethemed to lunar-landing the pin.
Imo the only three sterns i would concider for long time home use is simpson, lotr and lucy.
Neither simpson or lotr is a beauty, but there is alot going on.
Lucy is by far the most beautiful game stern produced (only marginally rivaled by beatles and deadpool)

I'm actually bummed ap is so terrible at theme cohesion, cause their pins feel really solid, maybe the best overall.

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I missed the reason I guess but why can't it just be uploaded like it always is to youtube?

#2561 3 years ago

Keep up the hype so we can continue to see For sale ads For Led Zep LE from Pinballers looking to already scalp the game ..
This is like Sneaker/clothes/ music tickets sales now. Well Done . Let's here it for pinballs success into Addams Family GREED

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It's ok to disagree and i'm well aware i'm in the minority.
My most fun games correlate really bad with pinside top 100.
Elwin games are fun shooters, but i dont feel they ooze of luxury and value for money.
They feel cheap and look cheap esp after a couple of games, when they can be rethemed to lunar-landing the pin.
Imo the only three sterns i would concider for long time home use is simpson, lotr and lucy.
Neither simpson or lotr is a beauty, but there is alot going on.
Lucy is by far the most beautiful game stern produced (only marginally rivaled by beatles and deadpool)
I'm actually bummed ap is so terrible at theme cohesion, cause their pins feel really solid, maybe the best overall.

Wow.. you are really hard to please. Maybe find a new hobby that you actually like.

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do these people that stream pinball make a living doing it or does it supplement some other main income?

It is Jack’s main job but he does do other things on the side. He is the only pinball streamer making enough on Twitch to be considered a living. Pinball is a very niche category when it comes to streaming. There are some streamers that make millions of dollars but they aren’t streaming pinball.

#2564 3 years ago

Jesus you people are a bunch of snowflakes... whining because you cant see a video of your 8K toy.

Artists have been getting ripped off since Napster and everyone is so used to stealing intellectual property that its now a problem to say thats not ok?

Put yourself in the artists shoes...

If you spent all that time and money creating something and any asshole anywhere could just reuse it and not give you a dime you wouldn't care?

People scream and hollar on here when their bootleg art is copied for fuckssake but stealing music is ok?

You want to use music on your lame ass podcast or you tube video? here is a novel concept maybe pay for it?... ... or create your own? otherwise STFU.

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Jesus you people are a bunch of snowflakes... whining because you cant see a video of your 8K toy.
Artists have been getting ripped off since Napster and everyone is so used to stealing intellectual property that its now a problem to say thats not ok?
If you spent all that time and money creating something and any asshole anywhere could just reuse it and not give you a dime you wouldn't care?
People scream and hollar on here when their bootleg art is copied for fuckssake but stealing music is ok?
You want to use music on your lame ass podcast or you tube video? here is a novel concept maybe pay for it?... ... or create your own? otherwise STFU.

I agree w/a lot of what you said, except no one is recording music from an $8K pinball machine and ripping it to their iPod in 2020.

#2566 3 years ago

I agree w/a lot of what you said, except no one is recording music from an $8K pinball machine and ripping it to their iPod in 2020.

The problem is the entire internet is full of stolen music and there is no way to police that without shutting it all down...

It has nothing to do with an ipod or some one person stealing music this isnt 15 years ago.

They have no way to police things except to shut everything down that is how rampant the stealing is.

Unfortunately pinball machines are going to get caught up in all this... you can thank all the you tubers and podcasters who have been stealing peoples art for years for that.

#2567 3 years ago

Maybe someone should start a separate DCMA / Streaming thread...

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Based on what I read about the new copyright / streaming bill that may not be allowed as well.

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on what I read about the new copyright / streaming bill that may not be allowed as well.

That is pretty sad.

These agreements between manufacturers and Licensors should allow for a short grace period where they can show off and market the game on their own streaming site.

This doesn’t really address the hobby side of the issue but these mfg’s are really handcuffed if they can’t show their games.

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wow.. you are really hard to please. Maybe find a new hobby that you actually like.

The prices on pinball actually merits beeing hard to please.
What make you say i dont like pinball?
Thats not nice.

#2571 3 years ago

I have never streamed before so I really don’t know what’s going on here. Why all of the sudden is this a problem? We have seen tons of streaming of new pinballs. What’s happened here?

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is pretty sad.
These agreements between manufacturers and Licensors should allow for a short grace period where they can show off and market the game on their own streaming site.
This doesn’t really address the hobby side of the issue but these mfg’s are really handcuffed if they can’t show their games.

If I’m not mistaken all advertising materials have to be individually approved. That’s how they have pre produced videos ready to go with the rest of the advertisements, all dropped at a negotiated time and date. Streaming a reveal isn’t explicitly covered by that and it’s its own negotiation and cost. And then there is the issue of does the licensor even know how to negotiate those rights, if they even fully understand what is being negotiated.

This is all new frontier for the recording industry which has routinely rejected particular advancements in technology because they cut into the bottom line

And you’d still run into the problem that Facebook/Amazon/Google all have varying levels of success of allowing a company like Stern to legally stream what they’re allowed to. Hell movie studios sometimes accidentally DMCA themselves, and those are billion dollar corporations that are driving most of these decisions.

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have never streamed before so I really don’t know what’s going on here. Why all of the sudden is this a problem? We have seen tons of streaming of new pinballs. What’s happened here?

Basically Twitch didn’t give a fudge about the law, and the RIAA (who represents most music artists and drive anti-piracy measures) hadn’t really put the heat to them. That was until this year.

Twitch was basically like, oh shit. Delete everything! We’re just Amazon, a plucky upstart company with few legal resources! We’ll figure this out later, best of luck till then streamers!

They simply lack a mechanism for a user to argue for their fair use rights to be respected. They rather throw the user under the bus than deal with their legitimate issues.

#2574 3 years ago

Where’s the OP?
Hype thread needs more Zep info and Greek imagery.

F322ED44-8D8C-4CA7-A32D-5B5E350B5031 (resized).jpegF322ED44-8D8C-4CA7-A32D-5B5E350B5031 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2575 3 years ago

I don't think I could afford their shoes.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The prices on pinball actually merits beeing hard to please.
What make you say i dont like pinball?
Thats not nice.

Not very many positive comments. Have you read your posts? Your words.. "uninspired" "cheap crap" "crappy games"

I apologize if there is a language barrier.

#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

manufacturers could start making pinball machines that do not feature recorded music or movie clips.

seriously. add an option to the programming that replaces licensed movie clips with placeholder graphics/animations. add an option to the programming that allows adjusting licensed music/callout volume as low as zero. have an option that substitutes a rhythm/accompaniment that plays each songs chord progression - no melody, no lyrics. chord progressions are not subject to copyright.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh for sure. But it won’t get muted or shutdown. They will get a C&D instead. Or they work it out with the licensor and nothing shows up.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

seriously, add an option to the programming that allows adjusting licensed music/callout volume as low as zero.

This is already possible with the attenuation settings.

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

manufacturers could start making pinball machines that do not feature recorded music or movie clips.
seriously. add an option to the programming that replaces licensed movie clips with placeholder graphics/animations. add an option to the programming that allows adjusting licensed music/callout volume as low as zero. have an option that substitutes a rhythm/accompaniment that plays each songs chord progression - no melody, no lyrics. chord progressions are not subject to copyright.

Works for most people streaming for fun, but not JJP and Stern who want to show off everything in the games they’re selling.

It’s really bad timing too. GnR and LZ are not only music pins, but they’re both trying synchronize that music with the machine in new ways that won’t come across with muted music.

#2582 3 years ago

[comments removed]

So yeah people are going to bitch about the artwork and laziness they see in a pinball game they have been waiting for for a long time that cost near $6000 and up which is still a lot of money for a game that they feel is not up to the their standards or expectations.

I am let down by the release of LZ because yes this was a grail theme for me and many others. The premium rinse and repeat artwork is just lazy and beginner art illustration freshman year at art school. If I handed this in to my freshman year illustration professor I would be lucky to get a C+ for the cabinet design.

I would have been happy to see the zeppelin used as a ball lock like on BKSOR catapult shot versus just a virtual lock with the zeppelin just thrown on top of a ramp. Would have been a rehash but would still be a great shot off of the upper flipper.

If your happy with it great and hope you enjoy it. Hopefully will be able to play it on location pending another retarded lockdown.

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Lucy...as in AC/DC? If so...whoa.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That's the beauty of the pinball, "to each his own". I have TSPP, getting ready to sell it, too dated but still ok. Sold a LOTRLE years ago.

Looking to pick back up a "Lucy". A beauty though? Not for me.

I really don't see how anyone can say JP, Elvira, AIQ and STH for that matter are "cheap" and crappy with nothing in them? Maybe i misunderstand.

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I really don't see how anyone can say JP, Elvira, AIQ and STH for that matter are "cheap" and crappy with nothing in them? Maybe i misunderstand.

Everyone is a BOM and manufacturing expert, the same way everyone is a lawyer when copyright law comes up.

Stern has a 'formula', and some of their designers are better at working within it to innovate and make the most of it. And some games feel ... well a little formulaic. And yeah, the prices keep going up. But it's like everyone has forgotten what actual cheap Stern games looked like. What modern Stern looks bad next to Austin Powers? Sure not LZ.

A lot of unrelated BS was tacked onto that relief bill, it's a shit way to govern, no doubt. But, as much as that streaming thing sounds scary it won't have any effect on the kinds of streams we're talking about. It's meant to deal with sites that are more like bootleg TV stations, streaming full shows and movies surrounded by ads. It's about 'traditional' piracy, not incidental use of copyright during a personal stream.

Still didn't belong in the relief bill, but it's not really something anyone involved in pinball or game streaming will ever need to think about.

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the beauty of the pinball, "to each his own". I have TSPP, getting ready to sell it, too dated but still ok. Sold a LOTRLE years ago.
Looking to pick back up a "Lucy". A beauty though? Not for me.

I'm intrigued by Lucy being a beautiful machine...with AC/DC involved!
Anyone have a link to the 'Lucy' machine pic? Can't seem to find it here on pinside....maybe I'm search challenged tonight.

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm intrigued by Lucy being a beautiful machine...with AC/DC involved!
Anyone have a link to the 'Lucy' machine pic? Can't seem to find it here on pinside....maybe I'm search challenged tonight.

Here ya go, it’s actually spelled “Luci”, it was a variation of a premium that stern created with a different art package on the back glass and sides.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6502

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Here ya go, it’s actually spelled “Luci”, it was a variation of a premium that stern created with a different art package on the back glass and sides.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6502

I wanted AC/DC the first time I played it at the TPF.But I didn’t pull the trigger until I saw the premium Luci

F034C7B4-0B83-4530-91FB-B01DF8D77B43 (resized).jpegF034C7B4-0B83-4530-91FB-B01DF8D77B43 (resized).jpeg
#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I wanted AC/DC the first time I played it at the TPF.But I didn’t pull the trigger until I saw the premium Luci
[quoted image]

Nice! I actually bought one myself and was going to sell my BIBLE. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it, so I sold it unopened. But I think it’s an awesome looking version of the game, even better than LTBR.

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is already possible with the attenuation settings.

The setting applies to all the time, right? What is being requested is another attenuation setting that applies during songs. THEN you can hear callouts with base setting during part of your game and have it quiet with a new setting during songs.

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The setting applies to all the time, right? What is being requested is another attenuation setting that applies during songs. THEN you can hear callouts with base setting during part of your game and have it quiet with a new setting during songs.

What are you talking about? Have you not read the past 15 pages?

You can turn down the music/songs, period, while leaving the callouts/sounds. It's been that way for years on all Stern pins.

NOBODY wants to tune into a Led Zep pinball reveal stream where you can't hear the fucking songs, so it's moot anyway. THAT'S THE FUCKING ISSUE.

It seems like nobody in this thread can retain more than half a page of posts at any given time. Goldfishside!

"Is Lyman on Code?! Anybody got a link to the stream?!"

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can turn down the music/songs, period, while leaving the callouts/sounds. It's been that way for years on all Stern pins.
NOBODY wants to tune into a Led Zep pinball reveal stream where you can't hear the fucking songs, so it's moot anyway. THAT'S THE FUCKING ISSUE.
It seems like nobody in this thread can retain more than half a page of posts at any given time. Goldfishside!

If you would’ve been paying attention you would know that Tim Sexton is on the code!

#2593 3 years ago

I heard it was Kaneada on code. There are wonderful modes like "Drink in the face Hurry-Up" and "I ain't fucking leaving Multiball"

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I heard it was Kaneada on code. There are wonderful modes like "Drink in the face Hurry-Up" and "I ain't fucking leaving Multiball"

Don’t forget the chess and math mode. I won’t bother posting the rules for that mode. It’s too confusing.

#2595 3 years ago

Unless you're the bands Led Zeppelin borrowed from. Then you don't get a dime

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/led-zeppelins-10-boldest-rip-offs-223419/

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Reading comprehension problems late at night? I don’t want to hear callouts during music either, that’s not what I said. I don’t want callouts during songs, but when a song is NOT active, it is welcome to hear sound and callouts. Now you tell me how the existing system controls that? It doesn’t and you would need another attenuation dial added.

#2597 3 years ago

But when a song is NOT active

A song is always active in LZ. Use attenuation.

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A song is always active in LZ. Use attenuation.

Thanks for the info, i never heard that before. That makes sense. I thought you had to collect the band members before the group could start a song. In Pinball Profile Teolis made a big point about how you needed all the members of the band to have LZ be legit and Tim was chiming in. Guess when a good video comes out I can see for myself.

#2599 3 years ago

Oh I never heard that before. That makes sense. I thought you had to collect the band members before the group could start a song.

That’s GNR. LZ is meant to play like a set list. Start it and it keeps going until you drain. Next ball start at any point in the set list and start again. If you complete a song during your ball it goes to the next song in the list right away.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s GNR. LZ is meant to play like a set list. Start it and it keeps going until you drain. Next ball start at any point in the set list and start again. If you complete a song during your ball it goes to the next song in the list right away.

Wonder if that will be changed so to allow the player to choose the next song vs it automatically going to the next? I am not thrilled with this release but I am going to wait till I play it before I make up my mind fully.

I just don’t know at this point if I will buy one or not. Love LZ and that’s keeping me from not keeping an open mind still open. I love BKSOR premium so that’s why I still have interest in LZ.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shively, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 49.99
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/52?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.