E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 68.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

I missed the stream. How did it look in terms of code completion and overall play?

If you join sterns free basic insider you can watch there. Audio gets much better at 45 minutes in

#2452 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

One thing your right about is the Calvin piss on comparison.I actually just read a guy claim that LZ’s artwork is superior to GnR’s.Even if I was buying a LZ I would be intellectually honest enough to admit the LZ’s isn’t even close

I think they are both kinda fugly if that makes you feel better.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I think they are both kinda fugly if that makes you feel better.

You know your right the GnR is even hideous to gaze upon

AD4944AB-C4DA-433F-A54B-1C13C2554334 (resized).pngAD4944AB-C4DA-433F-A54B-1C13C2554334 (resized).png
#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

My opinion after watching the stream twice:
Overall Play: Lots of flow (best combo looks like the left orbit to the upper right flipper, through the reverse scoop to feed back to the right flipper), open playfield, very fast, awesome music (of course - ha ha), tons of backhand options, didn't seem drain heavy (but I'm sure I'll turn it into a drain heavy machine), cool ramps (love the overall action on the balls coming back to flippers), the right ramp that returns to the right flipper looked tough - saw some kick backs that looked like good shots, lack of toys to interact with (has been pointed out ad nauseum), Electric Magic device looks cool and has function (not earth shattering but a good addition), I liked the spinner noise, lights overall are awesome
Code Completion: Tim Sexton had said on a podcast there is a lot more work to do and refrained from giving a version number, some of the lights looked out of synch with the music (I believe Tim had said he has more work to do on some of the songs - going on memory here), the tour modes looked cool - seems like a neat objective to get through those as they get harder to initiate as you progress, earning gold (and eventually platinum) seems fun for individual songs, songs continue where you left off with next ball (phew...), multi-balls need to be earned and seems like good pacing to them (not too many of them), shot multiplier is unique (I like it, but I'm a math nerd), not much on the Wizard modes yet including the big "?" unless I missed something (Tim being coy here)
Overall: I can't wait to get my LE. I was really happy with how it looked. But, as I've mentioned in other posts, I'm a total noob.

Thank you, this was a good summary!

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You know your right the GnR is even hideous to gaze upon
[quoted image]

It cracks me up that people keep posting stock pictures of gnr and led zep over and over and over Like we don’t know what they look like.

Thanks guys!

#2456 3 years ago

People are just going batty for new pins - a battle royal for customers. I can’t believe how much is being thrown at an Alien startup again as well.

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

People are just going batty for new pins for a battle royals for consumers. I can’t believe how much money is being thrown at Alien startup again as well.

That is a surprise, is it because of the Cointakers connection
I’m mean really to be built in Italy by a start up company seems kind of shaky

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

My opinion after watching the stream twice:
Overall Play: Lots of flow (best combo looks like the left orbit to the upper right flipper, through the reverse scoop to feed back to the right flipper), open playfield, very fast, awesome music (of course - ha ha), tons of backhand options, didn't seem drain heavy (but I'm sure I'll turn it into a drain heavy machine), cool ramps (love the overall action on the balls coming back to flippers), the right ramp that returns to the right flipper looked tough - saw some kick backs that looked like good shots, lack of toys to interact with (has been pointed out ad nauseum), Electric Magic device looks cool and has function (not earth shattering but a good addition), I liked the spinner noise, lights overall are awesome
Code Completion: Tim Sexton had said on a podcast there is a lot more work to do and refrained from giving a version number, some of the lights looked out of synch with the music (I believe Tim had said he has more work to do on some of the songs - going on memory here), the tour modes looked cool - seems like a neat objective to get through those as they get harder to initiate as you progress, earning gold (and eventually platinum) seems fun for individual songs, songs continue where you left off with next ball (phew...), multi-balls need to be earned and seems like good pacing to them (not too many of them), shot multiplier is unique (I like it, but I'm a math nerd), not much on the Wizard modes yet including the big "?" unless I missed something (Tim being coy here)
Overall: I can't wait to get my LE. I was really happy with how it looked. But, as I've mentioned in other posts, I'm a total noob.

Good write up pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Couple of things, something that looked cool and I swear I saw this was upper right flipper to center ramp and left
Main flipper through electric magic but bounced off right inside of housing and up center ramp. Pretty sure this happened.

I heard Tim refer to the tour mode at bottom as a mini wizard leaving the other two as main wizards.
The one with the ? He has been pretty coy about and said something special or spectacular happens. Well, based on what we’ve seen what can there be that would be special and cool?

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It cracks me up that people keep posting stock pictures of gnr and led zep over and over and over Like we don’t know what they look like.
Thanks guys!

If the LZ artist had been hired for GnFnR ....

SE - large GNR logo with flippers would be plastered on 13 different surfaces.

LE - large GNR cross would be plastered on 13 different surfaces.

CE - large Slash’s hat would be plastered on 13 different surfaces.

Design is now done.

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you give us non GNR owners a skeleton or skull count to compare with the zepp’s and icarus?

Lots of bad ass tough guy skulls on gnfnr.

#2461 3 years ago

Design is now done.

Sorry I just can’t comprehend what you are saying without a bunch of stock photos of zep and gnr

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you give us non GNR owners a skeleton or skull count to compare with the zepp’s and icarus?

Nobody can count that high on the skulls. But you know what they say ... you can never have too many skulls. Funny I never heard anybody say I need more zeppelins.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry I just can’t comprehend what you are saying without a bunch of stock photos of zep and gnr

sorry can’t find any.

#2464 3 years ago

Nobody can count that high on the skulls. But you know what they say ... you can never have too many skulls. Funny I never heard anybody say I need more zeppelins.

I need more Zeppelin!

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I need more Zeppelin!

Get the LZ premium plus topper. You are going to love it.

#2466 3 years ago

I’m set with the LE and topper!

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m set with the LE and topper!

When do you think we will see a quality video of gameplay with sound?

#2468 3 years ago

When do you think we will see a quality video of gameplay with sound?

Hoping Jack gets a studio video up this week, second half of fridays was ok but Tim talked way too f’ing much.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm curious what everyone would think if Stern decided each LE was to be $12,800 delivered, each Premium was to be $9800 delivered, and each Pro $7000 delivered. They could then add a few more things to compete with JJP on the mechs/bling department. Would we all be willing to pay that multiple times a year like we do now? That's always the question I ponder. I now get a couple LE's a year, but if the price were north of 10k it'd be a different mental hurdle to climb and I probably wouldn't end up with quite so many. Food for thought anyways. For now I'm glad they are south of that 10k mark and am pretty pleased with what is offered.

Nah, you can’t compare Ford to Ferrari. Stern is great at what they do, but changing the game ain’t part of it.

#2470 3 years ago

Anybody working on an alternative to the overpriced Stern topper. I prefer my much less expensive Jurassic Park topper (pictured on the right below) to the Stern one, and hope one of you creative folks will produce one for the LED Zeppelin Pin as an alternative to the rather simple Stern one!

jp and lz toppers (resized).pngjp and lz toppers (resized).png

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

MSRP for Hot Wheels is 6300, and that's with sideblades and a shaker.

Thats $6395 Stern is $400 less Hot Wheels vs Led Zeplin

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It is post like this that is the reason Pinside need a laughing symbol with the up and down vote

#2474 3 years ago

We barely have locations open to try these pins..
We have no shows to play these new pins..
And no streams to watch them either.. ?!

Can we find middle ground for the consumer?
Ridiculous!

#2475 3 years ago

Doesn't Stern own enough IP to allow you stream material that is already in the game? Isn't that something that might be negotiated years before content is taken down mid-stream during the big reveal?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Nah, you can’t compare Ford to Ferrari. Stern is great at what they do, but changing the game ain’t part of it.

Anyony who thinks JJP is a Ferrari I have a bridge to sell

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Agreed, JJPs are like a big slow, heavy truck that constantly breaks down.

#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Agreed, JJPs are like a big slow, heavy truck that constantly breaks down.

But ... the toys!!

rd

#2479 3 years ago

As for someone who makes their living in the movie industry, I'm all for this.

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But ... the toys!!

rd

and the RGB lights

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2481 3 years ago

Yes, but it says the statutory damages can not exceed $15,000 per infringement so if there are just 10 songs in LZ then that's only $150,000 for steaming a pinball game for a couple of hours on a Tuesday night. /s

I miss the internet we had in the 90s.

For anyone wondering the rights that Stern bought to include the songs in the game do not include the right for anyone else to "rebroadcast" those songs royalty free. However, everything that Jack does is covered under Fair Use. The main consideration to qualify it that the copyrighted material you have taken from has been "transformed" by adding new expression or meaning. Clearly we're watching for the chat and pinball tips, not to stream Led Zeppelin songs into our homes. Fair Use allows for movie review essays on YouTube as an example—e.g. NerdWriter

With that said there is no human intervention so the bots delete and create strikes to create a protective culpability for the platforms. There's really no excuse for this type of existential threat for someone who streams pinball on the internet but this is where we are in this country.

Lastly, this law has been jammed into the COVID relief package that our leaders are about to pass. Enjoy that $600 bucks!

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Good write up pretty much sums up my thoughts.
Couple of things, something that looked cool and I swear I saw this was upper right flipper to center ramp and left
Main flipper through electric magic but bounced off right inside of housing and up center ramp. Pretty sure this happened.
I heard Tim refer to the tour mode at bottom as a mini wizard leaving the other two as main wizards.
The one with the ? He has been pretty coy about and said something special or spectacular happens. Well, based on what we’ve seen what can there be that would be special and cool?

Danger went through the Electric Magic and up center ramp off his right flipper at 1:08:25. Sweet shot. I have no idea if this is an anomaly or legit - looks to take a slight carom left to make it through so guessing anomaly? If it's legit (i.e. repeatable in some manner that is not an extremely low percentage), that would be the cat's a**. I can't recall seeing the upper right flipper hit the center ramp, but doesn't mean it didn't happen - I think that shot would be a definite anomaly.

As for wizards, I REALLY hope a song (or 2) unlocks. I was hoping for 12 songs overall. If I can unlock at least one I'd be pretty happy - I love objectives that are tough with a sweet payoff, that's one of the things that keeps me coming back.

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But ... the toys!!

rd

Sarcasm3 (resized).jpgSarcasm3 (resized).jpg
#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Anybody working on an alternative to the overpriced Stern topper. I prefer my much less expensive Jurassic Park topper (pictured on the right below) to the Stern one, and hope one of you creative folks will produce one for the LED Zeppelin Pin as an alternative to the rather simple Stern one!
[quoted image]

And for the love of it, leave the zeppelin off. Don’t spell out Led Zeppelin either.

#2485 3 years ago

And for the love of it, leave the zeppelin off.

Yeah no shit,how’s about a big ass gong somewhere in the mix!

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s a great idea !!

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

As for wizards, I REALLY hope a song (or 2) unlocks. I was hoping for 12 songs overall. If I can unlock at least one I'd be pretty happy - I love objectives that are tough with a sweet payoff, that's one of the things that keeps me coming back.

It’s a possibility, not sure what else can happen to be spectacular or special, no hidden mech and what else can you do with a light show so unless it’s some sort of crazy video mode it has to be in form of music, pure speculation.

I’ll have to go back to the 1:08 mark to see the shot to the center ramp through electric magic. Just looking at it and we don’t have a great view but that seems more repeatable than the upper right flip to the center.

Also kind of crazy that right ramp can be made via backhand, looks long, far and steep0.

#2488 3 years ago

I assume we can still enjoy Jack destroying DP pro for the 50th time.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

and the RGB lights
[quoted image]

I can’t wait for the pinball shows to start back up.I’m going to encourage my distributor friend to put these two side by side.

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That would be cool, how bout a mini interactive drum kit that bangs around!

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

More like JJP's Rolls Royce to Sterns Honda Civic.

Merry Caaaaaaarrrrrrrgguuuuuuument!!!

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s a possibility, not sure what else can happen to be spectacular or special, no hidden mech and what else can you do with a light show so unless it’s some sort of crazy video mode it has to be in form of music, pure speculation.
I’ll have to go back to the 1:08 mark to see the shot to the center ramp through electric magic. Just looking at it and we don’t have a great view but that seems more repeatable than the upper right flip to the center.
Also kind of crazy that right ramp can be made via backhand, looks long, far and steep0.

Based on coyness level =10 (out of 10) from Tim, I would be a bit shocked and surprised (and a bit disappointed) if it's not a song unlock. It's a dang "?" on the playfield!

And, yep, I just don't see that upper flipper to center ramp being a shot to go for.

Agree on the backhand to right ramp - that's nuts. That's a tough shot from the left flipper.

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Based on coyness level =10 (out of 10) from Tim, I would be a bit shocked and surprised (and a bit disappointed) if it's not a song unlock. It's a dang "?" on the playfield!
And, yep, I just don't see that upper flipper to center ramp being a shot to go for.
Agree on the backhand to right ramp - that's nuts. That's a tough shot from the left flipper.

Jack didn’t really get a ton of flipper time friday. When he does his stream we will know pretty quickly how repeatable those shots are.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be cool, how bout a mini interactive drum kit that bangs around!

They are saving that mech for The Muppets pin.

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I can’t wait for the pinball shows to start back up.I’m going to encourage my distributor friend to put these two side by side.

Good idea. It will be a great way to show how a fancy lightshow and better art/graphics can't save a bad playing pin and...............well u get the point. Zeppelin gameplay already kicks the shit out of GnR.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They are saving that mech for The Muppets pin.

Always loved Animal!

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

More like JJP's Rolls Royce to Sterns Honda Civic.
Merry Caaaaaaarrrrrrrgguuuuuuument!!!

b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpgb568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpghenrylaugh (resized).jpghenrylaugh (resized).jpgimages-5 (resized).jpegimages-5 (resized).jpeg
#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Good idea. It will be a great way to show how a fancy lightshow and better art/graphics can't save a bad playing pin and...............well u get the point. Zeppelin gameplay already kicks the shit out of GnR.

G&R is like the pretty girl that is all "took out what would have been censored " pretty only takes you so far

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

G&R is like the pretty girl that is all "took out what would have been censored " pretty only takes you so far

Wtf?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 65.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/50?hl=greaseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.