E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 67.
#201 11 months ago

Haven't seen anyone mention Livin' Lovin' Maid - would be an absolute jam for a pin.

Listened to LZ today while cleaning the garage to get ready to house the pins (had them upstairs but I've gotten into the hobby and want to be able to swap in and out without stairs). My wishlist, since we're doing them:

Immigrant Song
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Heartbreaker/Livin' Lovin' Maid
Communication Breakdown
Houses of the Holy
Song Remains the Same
Trampled Under Foot
Misty Mountain Hop
Good Times Bad Times
Rock and Roll

There's definitely a few more I'd enjoy and a few I could do without (think a couple are just too slow). I'm definitely pending layout reveal as well, but very intrigued by this title and how it'll be integrated as a theme. I'm renting Maiden right now, for example, and love how the modes play and the visuals align with the songs. But without an Eddie, I'm definitely curious to see what direction they go for story on this one.

#202 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Forget putting any tracks from the Song Remains The Same. Pull from the O2 Celebration Concert. If your a fan you must watch it on Blu-ray and on surround sound

When I saw the Stern announcement was wondering if O2 is the direction they are going with this one.

#203 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

When is saw the Stern announcement I was wondering if O2 is the direction they are going with this one.

I would hate that honestly . Would rather see them in their prime and with John.

#204 11 months ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I would hate that honestly . Would rather see them in their prime and with John.

Agree, good concert but prefer orig LZ pin.

#205 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree, good concert but prefer orig LZ pin.

I know everyone loves GNR , but seeing footage of fat old bloated Axl Rose makes me cringe lol

#206 11 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Haven't seen anyone mention Livin' Lovin' Maid - would be an absolute jam for a pin.

Jimmy Page hates that song, apparently.

#207 11 months ago

Some longshot picks:
Out on the Tiles
Celebration Day
When the Levee Breaks
The Ocean
The Wanton Song
Hots on for Nowhere
Fool in the Rain
Traveling Riverside Blues
Royal Orleans
the entirety of Bring it on Home

#208 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

When I saw the Stern announcement was wondering if O2 is the direction they are going with this one.

I would not mind that at all. Nice bright colors. And the Celebration Day concert is amazing and they played a flawless concert. Celebration Day Blu-ray blows away Song Remains The Same DVD. At least they weren’t stoned or drunk on Celebration Day concert.

75FF5316-D1DD-4BE3-A5CA-217D559E3952 (resized).jpeg

#209 11 months ago

Tell me they don’t sound great here.

#211 11 months ago

My vote for songs are Traveling Riverside Blues and When the Levee Breaks

#212 11 months ago

Its just going to be a retheme of star wars.

#213 11 months ago

I would not mind that at all. Nice bright colors. And the Celebration Day concert is amazing and they played a flawless concert. Celebration Day Blu-ray blows away Song Remains The Same DVD. At least they weren’t stoned or drunk on Celebration Day concert.
[quoted image]

Great show and some great visuals and background video content but really hard to see them do this not being from the John B era. Jason is fantastic though and doesn’t bother me either way Stern does it.

#214 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope. Not at this stage.
I would never buy a pin just for whatever theme is on it.
If the pin works out in time to be a great pin, then I’ll consider buying it down the track.
These things are too f**king expensive these days just to purchase because it has some licence assets on it.
If I want to listen to LZ, I already have all their albums in my record collection.
rd

You have 120 pinball machines. I bet 2 or 3 wouldn’t be missed. Keep your System 11 collection intact however.

#215 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jimmy Page hates that song, apparently.

Damn. One of my favorites, will have to dig into this a bit more and find the story.

Celebration Day art ftw

#216 11 months ago

Project Pinball announcement tonight, they will be holding a raffle for a Led Zeppelin LE machine. The details are to be provided after Stern's official announcement and details.

#217 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You have 120 pinball machines. I bet 2 or 3 wouldn’t be missed. Keep your System 11 collection intact however.

Yeah .. but most of them were $1000-2000 bucks.

Ahhhh those were the days ...

rd

#218 11 months ago

I hear you RD. Game play is everything. My wife gave me the green light on LZ since it's her favorite band ever, but she and I agree only if the game is good. I will have to play it first and decide then.

I have seen a lot of posts saying Stern needs to knock this one out of the park. Can we keep our expectations grounded in reality? I'm hoping for something more like Avengers and less like Munsters.

#219 11 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I hear you RD. Game play is everything. My wife gave me the green light on LZ since it's her favorite band ever, but she and I agree only if the game is good. I will have to play it first and decide then.
I have seen a lot of posts saying Stern needs to knock this one out of the park. Can we keep our expectations grounded in reality? I'm hoping for something more like Avengers and less like Munsters.

Chris, what does knock it out of the park mean? Ritchie has a certain type of layout (love how his games shoot BTW) and I don’t see how they get the band involvement that GNR had. So it comes down to Mr Tim Sexton. Can he create an awesome rule set to compliment the layout? That’s the wild card IMO here.

#220 11 months ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Its just going to be a retheme of star wars.

I heard bksor retheme but stripped down a little.

#222 11 months ago

I will agree that Zep trumps Sabbath in popularity.

To my ears Black Sabbath absolutely Kills Led Zeppelin.

If the Black Sabbath Pinball rumor for Q4 2021, Man I'm all in on that !

RJD version would be EPIC !

Ozzy is also fucking Amazing !
Tony Iommi is brilliant !

#223 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

RJD version would be EPIC !

Don’t get hyped for that, Ando ... because Dio Sabbath would NEVER happen.

Sharon controls Sabbath these days. Ozzy or nothing.

rd

#224 11 months ago

Yeah JB has to be in with Stern by now
Such a tripper
and pinball nut to boot, Alright !

The Pick of Destiny Pinball.................Yeeessssss Pleeeasssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#225 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I feel your love for the Dio but I'm going to need an original Sabbath game, and I will buy one.

Based on the theme. Total sucker move.

#226 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

fair enough mate, I thought that may be the case.
Cheers

#227 11 months ago

Ooops , dong thread,,,,,,,,,,
A 2021 killer !!

#228 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ooops , dong thread,,,,,,,,,,

The dong thread is in the basement.

#229 11 months ago

I gotta be honest that I am struggling to temper my expectations for the reality. I really want this game to rock as it is the first music theme I have ever really liked.

I keep getting hyped but then remembering:

Stern tends to get good licenses and then let them ride on that alone.

Steve’s past handful of games have been lackluster at best and largely the same tricks recycled. Can he bring something fresh to the table.

Steve has said he builds the Prem as his base model and then strips back for the pro. As a pro buyer they often means a pro shoots vastly better but will be missing a cool toy.

Stern art all tends to not be very led zep in classic style. So a little afraid for more of the same from BM66 which is kind of a formulaic style if we get the same artist.

TLDR, I am trying to set my expectations lower/ at reality for what could happen here based on Stern MO.

#230 11 months ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I know everyone loves GNR

I don't. Zeppelin is a much better theme, and if they do that same horseshit live footage nonsense I'm out. Please no live footage or music. Studio tracks and OG animations. Like Maiden. And for the win cancel Zeppelin altogether and change it to Black Sabbath.

#231 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern tends to get good licenses and then let them ride on that alone.

Crappola

#232 11 months ago

For me there is something magical about Steve's designs. I am not so much into what is new or innovative, how many toys does it have? I am into how much fun is it to play? For me STTNG, T3, SW, ST, GOT, SM, Elvis, AC/DC are all tops and the list goes on. His track record is rock solid in my opinion, and I tend to gravitate towards his fast flowing design style. Steve will always be the king to me.

#233 11 months ago

Playing my 24 the other day and had an afterthought...was thinking how much flippin fun this game is. Some people would call it a barren game with no toys, but it actually is a fun fully packed game. One thing I can say is wait to play LZ before bashing it or having a negative pre determined opinion. I learned first hand from the Star Wars release. I bashed the shit out of that game upon release-now it is my second favorite Ritchie game. Some people prefer the stop and go of a Lawlor title and that is ok, but I prefer Ritchie without a doubt. Now give me a Ritchie game with a great theme-win win.

#234 11 months ago
Quoted from SunnRAT:

Can you make a Black Sabbath edition? Then you can use that fan on top to blow a line of coke into the player's face for "Snowblind Multiball."

Ha Ha Ha Cant wait for the mighty Led Zeppelin Pinball

#235 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I can say is wait to play LZ before

That should apply both ways, but the hypers are out in full force after and announcement of an announcement...

#236 11 months ago

Man, five pages and not even a photo.

#237 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

but the hypers are out in full force

Hey I had to get on the hype train on this one. I feel this is one if you snooze you lose. My gut is telling me it will be special-like what Steve did for ST. But I also am realistic and if there is an upper or lower pf-I am out. Willing to go either way and have a positive attitude along the way. The hype is real with this one

#238 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Another issue using Celebration day as the content aside from no John Bonham is the track list while solid is missing too many rockin must haves in my opinion.

No Communication Breakdown, Heart Breaker/Living Loving Maid? Really?

I say pick 12-15 from Mothership album at a minimum.

#239 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

if you snooze you lose

I am not sure I understand this?

Both pro and prem will be sold as long as there is demand.

#240 11 months ago

If the game has 15 plus tracks that would be ideal. Please surprise us Stern with lots of songs!!

#241 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure I understand this?

Simple-Took the plunge on LE-if I do not like it I will use it for trade bait and buy a Pro

#242 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Simple-Took the plunge on LE-if I do not like it I will use it for trade bait and buy a Pro

I guess that intent explains you pre announcement of an announcement hype man role.

#243 11 months ago

I hope this game delivers in a big way, but I am nervous based on history

#244 11 months ago

LZ is one of my favorite bands. GNR’s first. Happy for you guys to get LZ. Should rock. Congrats!

#245 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope this game delivers in a big way

You are an OP-after all of this BS is over LZ is going to kill it on route. You should be excited for what the future holds

We are talking about LED ZEPPELIN!

LZ.png
#246 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You are an OP-after all of this BS is over LZ is going to kill it on route. You should be excited for what the future holds
We are talking about LED ZEPPELIN![quoted image]

Not likely to be a good route game. In general band pinball does very poorly.

Looking back at games we have had on route and sold: kiss, AC/DC, aero,...

Beatles has done OK but not for the price point.

Pretty sure old man rock does not fit route well. Sad, as that also makes me realize I am now old man. Lol

#247 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure old man rock does not fit route well

I would still get a Pro ordered so you can get it out and see. Have a feeling if you do not get in on first run you will be waiting months because of backorder status. If it does not perform-down the road it goes?

#248 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope this game delivers in a big way, but I am nervous based on history

Me too...but SR seems to put his heart into rock titles. I still own my AC/DC Premium...artwork may not be the best, but the game is great. I think Stern has raised the bar on artwork recently, so hopefully it have an inspired SR feel with great artwork. I'm in for a Premium...recent Stern LE's are an utter waste of money. Maybe one day, they will actually reward LE owners...with, say, a topper?

#249 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not likely to be a good route game. In general band pinball does very poorly.
Looking back at games we have had on route and sold: kiss, AC/DC, aero,...
Beatles has done OK but not for the price point.
Pretty sure old man rock does not fit route well. Sad, as that also makes me realize I am now old man. Lol

Dude, two words... METAL-LICA!

Pretty sure ACDC rocked locations too when it was new.

I'm hoping for the best, wish they had Dirty Donny to do the art on this.

#250 11 months ago

Don’t forget SR has said multiple times over the last couple years that LZ is his grail theme.

I think that bodes well for something special and it seems it was delayed a couple times hopefully to get it right.

There are 3,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside