E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 68.
#2351 3 years ago

I watched the stream the other day

They did a much better job with the LCD screen than I anticipated. The live footage quality is about what I expected, but the rainbow acid drip art adds a lot of style. That said, the animations seemed sparse overall (maybe a minutes worth total). And of course it’s mostly just a bunch more Zeppelins.

I couldn’t really follow along too much with the rules, but I’m sure the colored arrow inserts are simple enough to follow.

The expression lighting effects were neat, but the choreography wasn’t always obvious (music sounded like crap on most of the stream which may be why. They should really just make a whole new video)

The center toy is ok. Not very Led Zeppelin but it’s different. I liked Tim’s rules for starting a it’s MB. Hope to see it utilized in more interesting ways as code matures.

I don’t like games with complicated multiplier rules. These seem complicated on a surface level, but they didn’t seem overly powerful. So it strikes a balance of its there if you want to engage with it.

Tim pointed out the symbols of the band flash when you hit their respective areas to build them up, so you know who is what. I’ve said a lot about the blandness of the art, but it’s another way the art could have been better. Put pictures of the band member near their targets instead of just randomly on the playfield. But whatever. Dead horse

The shots look fast and fun. It’s a Steve Ritchie game. He knows how to make a fast and open playfield

Didn’t see anyone make the center ramp from the upper flipper or sweep the drops.

Overall it seems fine. It’ll definitely play better than it looks. I’m still a bit disappointed though.

#2352 3 years ago

It's someone going to start a Pro Vs Premium thread?
That would be most helpful

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I watched the stream the other day
They did a much better job with the LCD screen than I anticipated. The live footage quality is about what I expected, but the rainbow acid drip art adds a lot of style. That said, the animations seemed sparse overall (maybe a minutes worth total). And of course it’s mostly just a bunch more Zeppelins.
I couldn’t really follow along too much with the rules, but I’m sure the colored arrow inserts are simple enough to follow.
The expression lighting effects were neat, but the choreography wasn’t always obvious (music sounded like crap on most of the stream which may be why. They should really just make a whole new video)
The center toy is ok. Not very Led Zeppelin but it’s different. I liked Tim’s rules for starting a it’s MB. Hope to see it utilized in more interesting ways as code matures.
I don’t like games with complicated multiplier rules. These seem complicated on a surface level, but they didn’t seem overly powerful. So it strikes a balance of its there if you want to engage with it.
Tim pointed out the symbols of the band flash when you hit their respective areas to build them up, so you know who is what. I’ve said a lot about the blandness of the art, but it’s another way the art could have been better. Put pictures of the band member near their targets instead of just randomly on the playfield. But whatever. Dead horse
The shots look fast and fun. It’s a Steve Ritchie game. He knows how to make a fast and open playfield
Didn’t see anyone make the center ramp from the upper flipper or sweep the drops.
Overall it seems fine. It’ll definitely play better than it looks. I’m still a bit disappointed though.

All your suggestions are good and would improve the game. Thanks for the overview of the stream too. Your suggestion they make and release a better video is a really good one. Consider it a do-over and get things right.

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have link to stream

Stern’s website and it’s free just click the link

https://sternpinball.com/account/?utm_source=constantcontact

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After watching stream, the game has a RS vibe about it.
Is it the same guy doing call outs on Zep as RS?
Psychedelic footage is cool.
Early indications are that the multipliers are really the key to playing this game well.
I know that could be said about many games, but it reminds me a little of the SW multipliers.
Look forward to playing one!

Brendon Small does the callouts, same guy that did sparky in Metallica and Jacky and Aerosmith.

He’s vocally pretty versatile and is the singer for Metalocalypse and Dethklok.

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern’s website and it’s free just click the link
https://sternpinball.com/account/?utm_source=constantcontact

Thanks for the link. I tried to use it to sign up for a free account but it never allowed me submit the form. So that didn’t work and just as I was ready to give up, I found link to page with LZ video and found I could watch it. Warning - after introductions are made sound is totally off. Wonder if paid membership includes sound? Lots of blinking lights. Here you go to https://sternpinball.com/account/

#2357 3 years ago

They tried to mess with the sound so it wouldn’t be taken down. Go like 45 min in. They fix the sound around then.

#2358 3 years ago

So here is the breakdown.
Facebook nukes copyrighted content live, and pre-recorded. (Need an appeal after the fact to hope to make it viewable)

Twitch you can play copyrighted content in the moment (for now), but cannot keep the vid on their platform.

YouTube is a coin flip if your content is just gonna be demonetized or blocked, but you can appeal to hope to make it viewable. Your live broadcast CAN be interrupted if they see fit to do so.

We’re getting one to the studio so we can give it the clear audio, fingers crossed, don’t go to jail or lose my channel, DeadFlip treatment.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

So here is the breakdown.
Facebook nukes copyrighted content live, and pre-recorded. (Need an appeal after the fact to hope to make it viewable)
Twitch you can play copyrighted content in the moment (for now), but cannot keep the vid on their platform.
YouTube is a coin flip if your content is just gonna be demonetized or blocked, but you can appeal to hope to make it viewable.
As I mentioned earlier, Facebook was the platform of choice from governing parties. LZ was aware of the broadcast and had say in how it went down.
We’re getting one to the studio so we can give it the clear audio, fingers crossed, don’t go to jail or lose my channel, DeadFlip treatment.

If the license holder approves of having a demonetized video on YouTube, why wouldn't YouTube allow it?

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If the license holder approves of having a demonetized video on YouTube, why wouldn't YouTube allow it?

The automated bot don’t care who you are. If they hear something, it gets flagged.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

The automated bot don’t care who you are. If they hear something, it gets flagged.

So there is no process to get with the platform before the stream and have it whitelisted?

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I can't say I agree 100% on the flow... it does flow dont get me wrong but it was brick city on the posts around that spinner. Just an observation unless I need my eyes checked. Will be interesting to flip.

Why do you think bash toys are right up the center they are there for you to drain

#2363 3 years ago

you missed counted ,Add plus one . The Insert on the playfield also has a Zeppelin with a question mark which was probably for Will you find more Zeppelin !! NEED MORE ZEPPPELIN !!!!!!!!!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Haven’t seen worse artwork on a pin since No Good Gofers. Could LZ art package get worse? Well if you said no, you are going to be surprised. I give you the Stern topper sitting atop their pinball machine. The topper shows a giant zeppelin in a style and colors of a tropical drink. The translite has a classic zeppelin line in black and white line art. Who thought it would be great idea to show 2 zeppelins stacked atop each other? The person designing the topper either had no idea what the translite would look like or knew but he didn’t care.
We know the person doing the cabinet artwork didn’t care as he put a zeppelin on both cabinet sides, both head sides and the cabinet front, for a total of 5 zeppelins. The playfield guy didn’t care either, but he cared less, as he only gave us 3 zeppelins between the center playfield and 2 apron cards. I kind of feel bad for the designer of the translite now as he was only able to add 1 zeppelin. There is a molded zeppelin flying over the playfield. As mentioned the topper designer added 1 zeppelin. So my constructive design critique is, don’t put 11 fucking zeppelins on a single pinball machine. Also if you have 10 zeppelins that look one way, don’t add another in a style that doesn’t match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So there is no process to get with the platform before the stream and have it whitelisted?

Content ID on YouTube is the closest thing to a whitelist but again is not fool proof ESPECIALLY with live. Coinflip. Live is a whole different beast.

It’s damn near impossible to let the social platforms know ahead of time that you have the rights to stream a certain content.

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Content ID on YouTube is the closest thing to a whitelist but again is not fool proof ESPECIALLY with live. Coinflip. Live is a whole different beast.
It’s damn near impossible to let the social platforms know ahead of time that you have the rights to stream a certain content.

I think it is time for DeadFlip streaming service. And you can bring some of your Twitch friends, streamers, and everyone else for the ride!

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think it is time for DeadFlip streaming service. And you can bring some of your Twitch friends, streamers, and everyone else for the ride!

honestly tho.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After watching stream, the game has a RS vibe about it.
Is it the same guy doing call outs on Zep as RS?

had directly the same feeling...

Quoted from mnpinball:

Brendon Small does the callouts, same guy that did sparky in Metallica and Jacky and Aerosmith.

and than tanx for the info

#2368 3 years ago

I registered yesterday for the free Stern insider. There appears to be a glitch as I also could not formally submit the form - clicked submit 3 times and nothing happened - it just stayed on the sign up page. I tried logging in anyway and it worked so my account was created even though I never received an acknowledgement on their site. I did receive an email acknowledgement. Seems to be a recurring issue I've seen in some posts so thought I'd share this. For those still having issues, trying submitting a registration again and then try logging in.

I watched the stream on Stern's site with no issues. Also discovered an interview with the Led Zeppelin design team which was cool to listen to. Gave some additional insight.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image]
I miss the 70’s

Oh dead God. I think I had the green suit for church.

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Spooky playfields are the only ones that don’t get complaints.

Only in your dreams.

fa181bf7d17401259429c0a83872037ca355fc7a (resized).jpgfa181bf7d17401259429c0a83872037ca355fc7a (resized).jpg
#2371 3 years ago

American pinball playfields are the only ones I haven’t seen any reported issues.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

God is dead????

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I registered yesterday for the free Stern insider. There appears to be a glitch as I also could not formally submit the form - clicked submit 3 times and nothing happened - it just stayed on the sign up page. I tried logging in anyway and it worked so my account was created even though I never received an acknowledgement on their site. I did receive an email acknowledgement. Seems to be a recurring issue I've seen in some posts so thought I'd share this. For those still having issues, trying submitting a registration again and then try logging in.
I watched the stream on Stern's site with no issues. Also discovered an interview with the Led Zeppelin design team which was cool to listen to. Gave some additional insight.

I think when I did it it was the same. It appears that it accepts the registration but fails to give any indication that the registration has processed. I was registered but the only way I knew I was registered was to go try to go to the video which then worked.

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Would it be possible to stream from Stern's website directly or does that cause bandwidth problems or other legal issues?

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

English accent call outs are pants.
You cannot even place the accent anywhere in the UK, trust me. I've lived in this shit hole all my life

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

you missed counted ,Add plus one . The Insert on the playfield also has a Zeppelin with a question mark which was probably for Will you find more Zeppelin !! NEED MORE ZEPPPELIN !!!!!!!!!

Don’t forget to count the zeppelins on lcd screen. That will add another 3 or so and game should meet your quota. THERE ARE NOW MORE ZEPPELINS THAN SONGS !!! Arregggghhh.

#2377 3 years ago

Don’t forget to count the zeppelins on lcd screen. That will add another 3 or so and game should meet your quota. THERE ARE NOW MORE ZEPPELINS THAN SONGS !!! Arregggghhh.

You avatar kinda looks like a Zeppelin

#2378 3 years ago

Hot Wheels Led Zeppelin. The Van in the Middle made me think of the Pro.

hot wheels (resized).jpghot wheels (resized).jpg
#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Why do you think bash toys are right up the center they are there for you to drain

No way.. pinball machines that are designed to take your money on location are setup to drain?

I thought they wanted you to just endlessly loop the ball from flipper to flipper and watch the lighshow.

#2380 3 years ago

Bet you there are more skulls integrated in GNR though but hey, they are bad ass.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

English accent call outs are pants.
You cannot even place the accent anywhere in the UK, trust me. I've lived in this shit hole all my life

To us blokes over here in the US it sounds close enough.

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

To us blokes over here in the US it sounds close enough.

At least its not him which is most americans idea of the british.

23938bd56ffa302458768cd8e597d8f6 (resized).jpg23938bd56ffa302458768cd8e597d8f6 (resized).jpg
#2383 3 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the LZ stream? I can't seem to find it.

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

At least its not him which is most americans idea of the british.[quoted image]

Hahaha!

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Only in your dreams.
[quoted image]

That is super shady for anyone to just posy a single pic of a pic and try and paint Spooky Pfs in a bad light.

Anyone paying attention knows there was a very small number of TNA mid run that had an issue. Spooky owned, addressed it, spoke about it, and fixed it.

#2386 3 years ago

“Guys is there a link to the stream!” Is the new “is Lyman on code?!”

#2387 3 years ago

“Y’all got some of them LZ Facebook stream links”

1C57C736-5A69-4EE5-9F2F-751D05AD67B7.gif1C57C736-5A69-4EE5-9F2F-751D05AD67B7.gif
#2388 3 years ago

He does a mean Scottish accent though, its bang on!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#2389 3 years ago

Thanks for the link. I tried to use it to sign up for a free account but it never allowed me submit the form. So that didn’t work and just as I was ready to give up, I found link to page with LZ video and found I could watch it. Warning - after introductions are made sound is totally off. Wonder if paid membership includes sound? Lots of blinking lights. Here you go to https://sternpinball.com/account/

After you click the Submit button it doesn’t look like it goes anywhere and the button temporarily grays out, but I refreshed the page and then was able to login through the login link on the Stern homepage. I experienced this same issue you dealt with. Seems like after you sign up for an account it should direct you to a page to show you successfully registered, but it doesn’t.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

HA! Love hate relationship with the fashion for sure. Also wood paneling and shag carpet.

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

American pinball playfields are the only ones I haven’t seen any reported issues.

How many American pinball games have been sold? How many of those have a ton of plays?

I’d suggest that the sample size is far too small.

All games can have issues. No playfield is perfect. It’s a natural product with variations.

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How many American pinball games have been sold? How many of those have a ton of plays?
All games can have issues. No playfield is perfect.

I've seen Houdinis that have been on route for years and aside from the normal wear around the scoop they have all been perfect. Granted the sample size is smaller than Stern just based on shear number of games but they also now use Bader for pfs and I don't know of any other company currently using them. Of course any manufacturer of any product can get a bad result every now and then but if it is caught in QA or remedied properly (replaced) after the fact it's all good.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've seen Houdinis that have been on route for years and aside from the normal wear around the scoop they have all been perfect. Granted the sample size is smaller than Stern just based on shear number of games but they also now use Bader for pfs and I don't know of any other company currently using them. Of course any manufacturer of any product can get a bad result every now and then but if it is caught in QA or remedied properly (replaced) after the fact it's all good.

Yeah not saying they have widespread issues for sure. Spooky also uses Bader and so the Rick and Morty playfields have been excellent overall.

#2394 3 years ago

Except with worse teeth!

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Because robots

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All games can have issues. No playfield is perfect. It’s a natural product with variations.

Across all three games probably 2-3k

I guess a better comment would be I’ve never see a Bader playfield with issues.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Across all three games probably 2-3k
I guess a better comment would be I’ve never see a Bader playfield with issues.

Spooky had issues with some TNA playfields.

As far as I know they did resolve it. But it did happen. NeilMcRae

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Spooky had issues with some TNA playfields.
As far as I know they did resolve it. But it did happen. neilmcrae

I assumed the resolution was switching manufacturers to Bader.

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

After you click the Submit button it doesn’t look like it goes anywhere and the button temporarily grays out, but I refreshed the page and then was able to login through the login link on the Stern homepage. I experienced this same issue you dealt with. Seems like after you sign up for an account it should direct you to a page to show you successfully registered, but it doesn’t.

You’re right. I later discovered that after I submitted the form the first time and it seemed to lock, it sent me a signed up email with time stamp same. I was too stupid to look. So a free account truly works. ::thumbs up:

#2400 3 years ago

After you skip in about 45 min you get the sound. It has a lot of lights going on but the music still was all garbled. So when the new video is shot and distributed as promised by JD (omg Jack Danger has his own initial thingy going) I have a concern.

During any song, you SHOULD NOT be interrupted by a bunch of distracting calls outs and other bs. This is a music pin so let us hear the music uninterrupted, please. What I heard that bothered me in the release video was during a song I kept hearing jackpot and super jackpot and all kinds of annoying as hell stuff. We will finally hear what the game has and the sounds when the new video emerges. Until then we shall wait, and see.

edit - it should be as simple as changing the priorities of callouts to a lower level than the priority level for songs. But what do I know?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/48?hl=greaseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.