E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 68.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Next up for DCMA wil be podcasts for using music and movie sound clips.

Next? Its been a problem all along .

Its mainly about visibility and ease to police. This is why what platform you are on plays such a huge piece in how readily enforced or aggressive the takedown requests are. Some are very highly automated, while others are not. Youtube has been fighting this for years... twitch finally caved and hence why its been in the news this past year.

The fight of late has been over what should be allowed under fair use. There is almost no willingness in providers to stand up to takedown requests for content that would be legal under fair use. Content creators have very limited recourse to challenge this because the system struggles with the scale of all the activity..so people get almost no meaningful interpretation.

If you are a popular show, or on highly visible and automated platforms such as youtube... you will get noticed and recieve takedowns. It also is highly dependent on licenser... some are VERY aggressive while others are more lax. Some will not pursue stuff under reasonable limits... others are draconian.

This was a common problem when acdc was new.

#2302 3 years ago

Well, I was gonna wait to play it but that stream was enough for me. Deposit down on a LZ premium!

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Next up for DCMA wil be podcasts for using music and movie sound clips.

And??

Why should anyone and everyone be able to use whatever copy written materials they want in any way they see fit for free?

Artists make no money these days as everything has basically been stolen or given away for years.

About time they start fighting back.

#2304 3 years ago

is there no replay link?

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is there no replay link?

You gotta sign up for Stern Insider. It's free, just a small PITA.

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is there no replay link?

I buckled and signed up for stern insider $39 per year. The game looks extremely fast; lots of ramps and spinners. The big surprise for me was how cool the light show and footage was on the display were. Very psychedelic and neat.

Think I’m gonna unload my STLE for LZLE very bitter sweet moment. However it’s a bit redundant IMO to keep two stern Steve Richie titles with very similar flow and layout.

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You gotta sign up for Stern Insider. It's free, just a small PITA.

thanks the game looks fast and fun, I think I'll pass tho as waiting for Alien remake.

I bet this is gonna be a huge hit, I'll play it on location as soon as possible.

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

And??
Why should anyone and everyone be able to use whatever copy written materials they want in any way they see fit for free?
Artists make no money these days as everything has basically been stolen or given away for years.

My point is that a lot of the most listened to pinball podcasts are souping up their shows with content from those sources, so we should expect pinball podcasts to be changing to a more bland/generic format soon.

#2309 3 years ago

Ugh... I had those f-ing sears pants that were so stiff you couldnt bend your legs. thanks mom.

I had to shop in the husky section at Sears lol.

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I had to shop in the husky section at Sears lol.

Growing up as an elementary school kid in the 70s I remember wearing the Sears corduroy pants and Sears NFL team sweatshirts that had colored sleeves. The pants were comfortable but we wore holes through them and then mom’s would iron on patches for the holes.

#2311 3 years ago

I signed u for Stern insider and can't seem to log in. Frustrating. Had my son try too--no luck

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I signed u for Stern insider and can't seem to log in. Frustrating. Had my son try too--no luck

User friendly it is not!

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Check your email . Mine kept saying it was failing , use the link in your email to log In

#2314 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My point is that a lot of the most listened to pinball podcasts are souping up their shows with content from those sources, so we should expect pinball podcasts to be changing to a more bland/generic format soon.

Fair use allows for some sampling of music. Most podcasts aren’t using clips more than a couple of seconds. If someone played a full song on their into that they don’t have rights to they would definitely be a target for DMCA.

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Growing up as an elementary school kid in the 70s I remember wearing the Sears corduroy pants and Sears NFL team sweatshirts that had colored sleeves. The pants were comfortable but we wore holes through them and then mom’s would iron on patches for the holes.

I had a Cleveland Browns one. Loved the nfl section for sure and also the Sears catalog at Christmas time showing the new Star Wars toys.

#2316 3 years ago

Ugh... I had those f-ing sears pants that were so stiff you couldnt bend your legs. thanks mom.

My Old Man bought Sears "Tough Skins" for me. If there were Levi's then, they must have been too expensive as I never had a pair. Tough Skins were stiff, but not really tough. When the knees invariably wore through, Sears also sold iron-patches, and they were just about inflexible, thanks to the thick layer of iron-on glue. Add the patches to the already stiff pants and you basically have chainmail. Oh, and they were either "flares" or bell-bottoms. "Boot cut" was temporarily out of fashion then.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2317 3 years ago

I had a Cleveland Browns one. Loved the nfl section for sure and also the Sears catalog at Christmas time showing the new Star Wars toys.

More than anything, the Sears Christmas catalog stoked my excitement about Christmas. It arrived in October as reliably as the phone book - and was just about as large! The toys were always in the back hundred-or-so pages and leafing through them was sure to create an instant dream list. I even remember the Kenner Alien action figure in '79. Too young to see the movie, of course, but the monster still loomed large in my imagination! It had a projecting tongue, actuated by squeezing the bony projections on his back. If you still have yours, list it on eBay and watch the bid reach four-figures! Or trade it to the Pinball Brothers for a deposit on an Alien pinball!

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Well we’re now at Step 3. So we can talk about game play and move on from the meh art... and game play looks crazy freaking awesome! Flow flow flow. Raised spinner looks fun to rip. Light show looks incredible! (And I have a GNR and love it too). Yay 2020 pinball!
I know we’re not supposed to talk politics but I’m voting opto spinners for President in 2024.

I can't say I agree 100% on the flow... it does flow dont get me wrong but it was brick city on the posts around that spinner. Just an observation unless I need my eyes checked. Will be interesting to flip.

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Comparing a 16 year old routed game with recent HUO games makes no sense to me, but if it gives you a warm feeling, then I'm happy for you.

Just saying the playfield looks better

#2320 3 years ago

Be interesting to see the Pro ruleset - does the left orbit spinner take the place of the raising spinner in that electric mode?

That raising opto spinner looks super fun, with that charge-up mechanic, the sound effects and the fact that opto spinner looks to spin like butter. Really disappointing that isn't on the Pro. And them removing a ramp just pisses me off, that side target looks lame and I suspect unsatisfying to shoot vs the ramp. Screw you Stern, that is beyond lame. At least in AIQ the Marvel ramp replacement involved adding a spinner.

I'm about over this Pro/Premium/LE gouge-fest pricing model... I'm not paying $8k for any pinball machine. Keep crippling the Pros this badly and see how much money you get from me Stern.

#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I can't say I agree 100% on the flow... it does flow dont get me wrong but it was brick city on the posts around that spinner. Just an observation unless I need my eyes checked. Will be interesting to flip.

They said it was designed to be a tight shot and not a gimme.

#2323 3 years ago

For toys it was always the Best Products catalogs for me.

#2324 3 years ago

We have to pay Stern $39 to be an insider to see the reveal video? That can't be right....

Quoted from mof:

Where's the stream?

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

We have to pay Stern $39 to be an insider to see the reveal video? That can't be right....

No there’s a free option.

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

no just the free membership will do

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

No there’s a free option.

And I didn't even get a confirmation email to that which I used, just went straight in.

#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dcma is a law... not a entity itself. It doesn’t ignore fair use. Its just the corporations you mention comply with requests to try to avoid getting dragged in legal fights themselves. Its simply easier to comply then contest... and plenty of “businesses “ have sprung up to sell their services to enable people to make takedown notices at scale.
Playing in a single spot like a restaurant to a location is nothing like streaming to unlimited people everywhere. But it is miserable that broadcasting the legal use of something is in itself considered a different use.
The world waits for a big landmark case here or congress codifying it. At least there is discussion on capitol hill even if relief isn’t on the immediate horizon.

Surprised that LZ's own songs don't get nailed for all the plagiarism they did in the early albums....just sayin.

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Surprised that LZ's own songs don't get nailed for all the plagiarism they did in the early albums....just sayin.

Thanks Buzz Kiilington.

#2330 3 years ago

I know one thing for sure and that’s good times bad times was all theirs, first song side one first album and being a drummer all I heard was those 16th note patterns Bonham was blasting out and I was hooked......still am

#2331 3 years ago

B2FFE7DD-2087-4C49-A628-63B2F7D29D2A (resized).jpegB2FFE7DD-2087-4C49-A628-63B2F7D29D2A (resized).jpeg
#2332 3 years ago

I forgot about the mini football helmets!! I had the whole set AFC and NFC. Thanks for sharing the pic and the memories coming back for me. I used that football helmet design and drew each team when I was like 5 years old.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For toys it was always the Best Products catalogs for me.

Oh yeah!! That’s right! Me to

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

My Old Man bought Sears "Tough Skins" for me. If there were Levi's then, they must have been too expensive as I never had a pair. Tough Skins were stiff, but not really tough. When the knees invariably wore through, Sears also sold iron-patches, and they were just about inflexible, thanks to the thick layer of iron-on glue. Add the patches to the already stiff pants and you basically have chainmail. Oh, and they were either "flares" or bell-bottoms. "Boot cut" was temporarily out of fashion then.

02C7F6AD-6B5A-4CFC-8E6D-E32C9654C527 (resized).jpeg02C7F6AD-6B5A-4CFC-8E6D-E32C9654C527 (resized).jpeg

I miss the 70’s

#2335 3 years ago

This screams 70s/80s Sears.

tough (resized).jpgtough (resized).jpg
#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This screams 70s/80s Sears.[quoted image]

Hell yeah it does

#2337 3 years ago

Christmas time toy catalogs ruled in the 70’s and 80’s

CA12263E-1845-4B70-96FE-59974CB84F83 (resized).jpegCA12263E-1845-4B70-96FE-59974CB84F83 (resized).jpeg
#2338 3 years ago

To get back to pinball but still on memory lane lol 8 tones and tunes for that rock concert feel. Can’t really complain about modern music pins now.

D9003587-6D32-4654-94A5-009ACD970B5D (resized).jpegD9003587-6D32-4654-94A5-009ACD970B5D (resized).jpeg

#2339 3 years ago

After watching stream, the game has a RS vibe about it.

Is it the same guy doing call outs on Zep as RS?

Psychedelic footage is cool.

Early indications are that the multipliers are really the key to playing this game well.

I know that could be said about many games, but it reminds me a little of the SW multipliers.

Look forward to playing one!

#2340 3 years ago

And??

Hope they do not crack down on avatar pictures. I could get in a lot of trouble for using Godzilla as a Peep destruction method....

#2341 3 years ago

I just tried to watch the stream... someone at Stern is just blabbing endlessly about rules. It’s annoying, slightly amusing (maybe)... but, good lord, it just sucks the fun right out of the room.

If someone stood next to me blabbing about the minutia of rules, I think I’d end up driving my head through the playfield glass

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Hope they do not crack down on avatar pictures. I could get in a lot of trouble for using Godzilla as a Peep destruction method....

Warner Brother's would be all over my ass .
As being a Tasmanian , I would fight back with cultural appropriation , that seems to be all the rage these days

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Where's the stream?

Still , you can't see any gameplay video , without some sign up bullshit .
Now this thread has turned into fashion choices from a department store from the 80's .
This " reveal " blows .

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Still , you can't see any gameplay video , without some sign up bullshit .
Now this thread has turned into fashion choices from a department store from the 80's .
This " reveal " blows .

I thought odin was posting when I saw all the old clothes ads. That kinda stuff is usually his schtick ..

#2345 3 years ago

I prefer to exercise my rights to not sign up as a Stern Insider. However, because of DCMA, I won’t be able to view the LZ stream from a public host. So Stern chose to host the launch video on their own network as a solution. That requires signing up, and sounds like a reasonable request. Now it comes down who will blink first.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I just tried to watch the stream... someone at Stern is just blabbing endlessly about rules. It’s annoying, slightly amusing (maybe)... but, good lord, it just sucks the fun right out of the room.
If someone stood next to me blabbing about the minutia of rules, I think I’d end up driving my head through the playfield glass

Agreed. Talk a little about the rules in the beginning but let them just play after. It got much better about 45 minutes in, when they thought the stream was shut down.

#2347 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin ❤️
Stern NO!

#2348 3 years ago

I'm not planning on purchasing one of these, but I thought the game looked like a lot of fun. I'd certainly throw money into one at a barcade.

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Be interesting to see the Pro ruleset - does the left orbit spinner take the place of the raising spinner in that electric mode?
That raising opto spinner looks super fun, with that charge-up mechanic, the sound effects and the fact that opto spinner looks to spin like butter. Really disappointing that isn't on the Pro. And them removing a ramp just pisses me off, that side target looks lame and I suspect unsatisfying to shoot vs the ramp. Screw you Stern, that is beyond lame. At least in AIQ the Marvel ramp replacement involved adding a spinner.
I'm about over this Pro/Premium/LE gouge-fest pricing model... I'm not paying $8k for any pinball machine. Keep crippling the Pros this badly and see how much money you get from me Stern.

Just keep building savings and paying down debt.

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I prefer to exercise my rights to not sign up as a Stern Insider. However, because of DCMA, I won’t be able to view the LZ stream from a public host. So Stern chose to host the launch video on their own network as a solution. That requires signing up, and sounds like a reasonable request. Now it comes down who will blink first.

If they did it on YouTube , it wouldn't be in issue .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/47?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.