E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 68.
#2101 3 years ago

Mikey like. Mikey get premium. Mikey want

#2102 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Caught like a minute of the Instagram feed, hardly enough to get more than a glimpse of an impression. Glad people are enjoying it. It's a Ritchie game with Zeppelin music, dunno what else you expected as far as vibe and speed. If that's enough for you be happy. If it doesn't float your boat, well, there are so many options these days.
Criticism of things like the art feels fair to me, but no reason to just try and tear the game down if it's not for you. Keep it constructive.
I'll be curious to see the LCD stuff that people are liking, that's often the weak spot for me with modern games, hopefully there's a decent video of it at some point. Sounds like the DMCA issues might make it a pain to see. All I saw was like 3 seconds of what looked like live concert footage.

Highly impressed by how they incorporated all the footage and art in the LCD package. They took everything give and it works. Yeah the Cabinet art could be better but this stream showed that this game will be a joy to play. Expression lighting timed to the music sections was very cool. BTW Aurich ... glad to see your efforts on Alien get used and be recognized for that.

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Highly impressed by how they incorporated all the footage and art in the LCD package ... Expression lighting timed to the music sections was very cool.

The rampy flow even made the multiballs seem fast and untangled. And that light show with the psychecolorful band footage. So good.

#2104 3 years ago

Certainly a golden age in pinball for light shows!

B5350B29-4D3B-4231-B5B1-F457946FCC05 (resized).jpegB5350B29-4D3B-4231-B5B1-F457946FCC05 (resized).jpeg

#2105 3 years ago

Well the man got to us after 30 minutes.
Stern will be deciding what to do with the VOD.
Thanks for hanging out while it lasted!
Game is a flow monster.

#2106 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Highly impressed by how they incorporated all the footage and art in the LCD package. They took everything give and it works. Yeah the Cabinet art could be better but this stream showed that this game will be a joy to play. Expression lighting timed to the music sections was very cool.

Nice, definitely curious to see it. Be ironic if they got a lot more assets and freedom with the LCD than the physical art. Truth is you can do a lot more with low rez assets on a screen than you can printing them, so that might be a factor.

Quoted from PinBalt:

BTW Aurich ... glad to see your efforts on Alien get used and be recognized for that.

Thanks.

I know all about the limitations of licensed assets thing when doing art for a game. I also know how to take my lumps in public for it. I just don't like to see it get personal. I didn't enjoy it, and I know people at Stern don't either. They're human beings, and also love pinball as much or more than anyone else, no reason to trash them as people.

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Game is a flow monster.

Awsome thanks Jack !

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What a crock of shit that is. I'll take an open PF and speed/flow over loaded bore fest any day. But luckily we have Stern for one and JJP fpr the other.

But I already have 11 Sterns 5 of which are SR's for that, time for something different

#2109 3 years ago

It really is funny because the formula for success was always right in front of everyone's eyes...

Ritchie game known for monster flow

Epic band for theme

New innovative spinner mech

New innovative interactive light show

But people's eyes could just not see past the art(which you cannot play) and Stern was contractually obligated to use. Hopefully people will learn not to judge a game based on art and fluff.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Game is a flow monster.

Utube please!!!!!!

#2111 3 years ago

Game has great flow and fun to play.

#2112 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks Jack great job as always!

You da man!

Now quit farting around with FB and go back to Twitch

#2113 3 years ago

just logged on and looked for stream. was it dcma shut down?

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

It might be good to torrent the stream. I get a platform is best for discoverability but if it's determined to be too risky if a torrent surfaced... just saying.

I should also mention that the stream was mirrored by someone on Twitch and there were no issues. Might as well go back to Twitch next time—just don't post the VOD and delete clips. I'm sure the whole thing has gotten frustrating and a little scary at this point for you.

#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Certainly a golden age in pinball for light shows!
[quoted image]

Heh... no shit

I am one of the old school guys who hated LEDs when they got popular... guess what? I still do.

Now its like LEDs and a possible seizure every time I play a modern game.

I am pretty sure at this point most people dont even play their games they just stare at the light show and re-hit the bong.

Cant see the f-in ball so not sure how you can play anyways.

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

It might be good to torrent the stream. I get a platform is best for discoverability but if it's determined to be too risky if a torrent surfaced... just saying.
I should also mention that the stream was mirrored by someone on Twitch and there were no issues. Might as well go back to Twitch next time—just don't post the VOD and delete clips. I'm sure the whole thing has gotten frustrating and a little scary at this point for you.

The reason we weren’t on twitch is a long one with reasons I can’t discuss. Twitch just wasn’t an option for this one tonight.

#2117 3 years ago

Just can't get in to this one. I'm supposed to be excited for a spinner and it's is only on the playfield on occasion. This is a big reward you get to earn a spinner? I feel like I have Stockholm syndrome, Stern has cheeped out so bad people are rejoicing a spinner. Also decimal multipliers WTF this is what we have come too, nothing like a little Led Zeppelin and math class. Hit the Icarus on a stick. I feel like I am being punked.

#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

The reason we weren’t on twitch is a long one with reasons I can’t discuss. Twitch just wasn’t an option for this one tonight.

No worries man, the stream did what it needed to do, made a lot of pre-order people very happy.

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ACDC is one of the ugliest games I've ever owned. Maybe the ugliest. It wasn't like offensively bad, but it was just kind of a mishmash cut and paste Photoshop job for the most part. I had a Premium, so no face on the playfield at least, and I actually didn't mind the translite even though I did an alt for fun, but really, an unlovely game.
I dunno how it stacks up now, but for a long time people thought it was one of the best games Stern had ever made. Far as I know it still owns the Stern sales record. Designed by the same guy who did Led Zeppelin. And some guy named Lyman was around too I guess.
So no, art isn't everything. It's all we have to talk about now until we see some gameplay though.
Also, just gonna say this: those of us who have been vocal for years about the bad photoshop art packages? It worked. However much credit we get, we definitely get some for that changing, I firmly believe that. And when the hand drawn stuff starting showing up? We said all the nice things about it. Stern games have never looked better overall.

Aside from the the early Pros that had the ugly Agnus face, the Pre/LE pin is loaded with attributes from their concerts in the code, River Plate if I'm not mistaken. Fast shooter too. But I have to agree - artwork on the translight leaves a lot to be desired.

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hopefully people will learn not to judge a game based on art and fluff.

I'm with you but it's never gonna happen. This is Pinside!

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

It might be time to move the the web. You set up stream.sternpinball.com. On that page you jam together dacast and maybe a twillio chat engine and move away from social media platforms until the dust settles and the the DMCA are issues sorted—if that ever happens. The web is still a viable option. You just use social media to get people to that destination. DM if you have questions.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm with you but it's never gonna happen. This is Pinside!

They should launch it all at once! All we had was the art and some snap shots of the PF. What else could we do? Next time just stream the whole thing at once.

#2123 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They should launch it all at once! All we had was the art and some snap shots of the PF. What else could we do? Next time just stream the whole thing at once.

Do a launch party. Here is the game. Oooohhh isn’t it pretty and here is how it plays! Oh yay! Fun!
Rather than leaks. Oh Led Zeppelin is coming. A couple days later. Oh here is pictures of the pretty, then a week later here is how it plays! Which the play is what pinball is all about! Just do one big launch party!

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm with you but it's never gonna happen. This is Pinside

Yea but what sucks is while I was trying to preach people could not see past the flippin art and missed out. Now many Pinsiders are left holding the bag. Lots of non-Pinsiders and LZ fan club non-pinheads probably snatched some up. Oh well-hopefully lesson learned for next epic theme. Thankfully there is the Premium
Never owned a Premium-I either go LE or Pro

#2125 3 years ago

Is the stream uploaded anywhere now

#2126 3 years ago

Three Key Shots, Observed or *Not* Observed in the Stream:

1. Center Ramp from upper flipper?

2. Sweep of Z-E-P drops from upper flipper?

3. Right flipper shot, through Electric Magic spinner, up and around Center Ramp?

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Three Key Shots, Observed or *Not* Observed in the Stream:
1. Center Ramp from upper flipper?
2. Sweep of Z-E-P drops from upper flipper?
3. Right flipper shot, through Electric Magic spinner, up and around Center Ramp?

I did see #3 but don't recall which flipper it was from. Sweet shot.

#2128 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I'm watching it right now on Twitch. Wickedpissapinballpit

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/842252388

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm watching it right now on Twitch. Wickedpissapinballpit
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/842252388

I keep trying that one , it says off line

#2130 3 years ago
lzstream (resized).JPGlzstream (resized).JPG
#2131 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You would literally defend Stern if there was nothing but open air on the playfield. The ultimate flow! We are getting there at this rate.

This is all the JJP fanboys can ever come up with as a rebuttal. Its sad and weak, last week. Call them on their horseshit and ur part of the Stern Army. I buy what's fun to play and don't care who makes it.

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I keep trying that one , it says off line

No luck either! Glad to read all of the positive comments from people that has seen it in action.

#2133 3 years ago

Yeah, looks like Twitch already killed the VOD. After I watched it and F5'd I got this...

sorry (resized).JPGsorry (resized).JPG
#2134 3 years ago

Why don’t they just throw it on YouTube

#2135 3 years ago

I asked Tim Sexton on Twitter if there were plans to be able to opt out of a song midway through a ball, perhaps by giving the option when you hit the left eject after a chorus or something. He says the team was talking about it and has a plan for it.

I think I like that option - makes it a bit closer to cashing out a jackpot on GnR and can break up the song monotony a little more, or you can just jam till the track ends. Hope it gets worked into the mix.

#2136 3 years ago

thats my stream. I don't have permission from Stern and they plan on putting it on their insider site, so I felt the VOD should be unpublished. Sorry.

#2137 3 years ago

Hey watch out-I just got a moderation notice for using that term

#2138 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Then how will you be able to stream the game when its in your facility? Music off?

#2139 3 years ago

Sooooo many people sh!t on this game. Super pumped for the game and the team behind it. You could here the pride in Steve's voice. What an incredible year for pinball 2020 has been. 2020 has been horrible in so many ways but amazing games.

#2140 3 years ago

Mikey like. Mikey get. Mikey has on order. Mikey can’t wait. Steve is a god.

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Cliff Notes version:
DMCA = Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Basically covers copyright law on the internet. One tool it provides copyright owners is a DMCA takedown, which is a way for you to say things like "hey, you used my music in your video without my permission". On YouTube that usually means your video gets demonetized, so you can't make money off ads on it. Sometimes the opposite happens, and ads get put on it, but the money doesn't go to you, it goes to the copyright holder.
On Twitch it's a little different, they don't have the tools YouTube does. So long story short, if you get hit with a DMCA takedown, a copyright strike, Twitch will just delete your video archive (the VOD).
If you get three of those strikes? Account nuked.
Here's the thing, and where it turns into a problem. Stern doesn't have to flag Jack. The band doesn't have to know or care. There are copyright bots that just crawl through streams, recognize songs, and auto flag it. You can get strikes for Led Zeppelin songs, played off the pin, even if Stern sanctioned the stream. The music is licensed for the game, not your Twitch stream, basically.
Anyways, long story short, if you play a game, pinball, videogame, whatever, that has music in it, you're at risk for a strike. A lot of streamers are on edge now because of it. Those three strikes could hit you all at once just from a few streams of LZ, ACDC, and Kiss games. Never really know.
I have a friend who got a strike on YouTube from a video three years later. Bot found it, sent the notice. It sucks.

Thank you!! I am late on responding, been a busy week. Also just saw that the Stern stream was shutdown.

#2142 3 years ago

Mikey likes!

#2143 3 years ago

Sabbath fan here. So as far as dream theme, i'm not really interested in owning LZ or GnR.

But if I had the money to spend, and to just choose 1, it would be Led Zeppelin.

Reason being is that I really like the throw back images on the LCD, plus classic concert footage is a huge factor.

I dig the 70s in general and I think the machine overall just has that kind of look to it. It's not a cartoon parody of the band, it IS the band.

I like that 2 of the 3 models used album artwork. Not sure if I like the Pro or Premium better. What the Pinside School of Art experts don't fully understand is that there is a satisfaction that comes from examples of minimalism. Sometimes, less is more.

This can also apply to gameplay. I don't need some ramp fest toy overload gadget theme park under glass. I'll play 'em, but i'm playing for layout, first and always. Give me a killer layout that plays well with some spinners and drops and orbits. Oh look, this game has all of that.

This game is really looking good, and i'm excited to play one....even though Sabbath is a much better band.

#2144 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Sabbath fan here. So as far as dream theme, i'm not really interested in owning LZ or GnR.
But if I had the money to spend, and to just choose 1, it would be Led Zeppelin.
Reason being is that I really like the throw back images on the LCD, plus classic concert footage is a huge factor.
I dig the 70s in general and I think the machine overall just has that kind of look to it. It's not a cartoon parody of the band, it IS the band.
I like that 2 of the 3 models used album artwork. Not sure if I like the Pro or Premium better. What the Pinside School of Art experts don't fully understand is that there is a satisfaction that comes from examples of minimalism. Sometimes, less is more.
This can also apply to gameplay. I don't always need some ramp fest toy overload gadget fest. Give me a killer layout that plays well with some spinners and drops and orbits. Oh look, this game has all of that.
This game is really looking iconic, and i'm excited to play one....even though Sabbath is WAY better.

Yes! This game is awesome. Steve is a god. Mikey wants. Mikey ordered!

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Maybe it’s time to consider Mixcloud. They pay the artists and you don’t get taken down.

#2146 3 years ago

I just want to say thank you to Steve, Jack and everyone for your time and putting on the stream. I know you had some technical difficulties but I did see enough to reassure my beliefs in what a great title this is and the great work that went into it.

Just wanted to say thank you! Great Job

#2147 3 years ago

I am still on the fence on this one. Ritchie is hit or miss for my family. I really want to love it but the stream it was tough for me to see how good it would be. I dont think it will be as brutal as Star Wars. Which is a dream theme but probably my most hated stern that I’ve owned. I bought tmnt and aiq but I think I need to play this one to see. At one point the ball drained 3 times in a row in the stream.

How difficult do you think this one will be?

Tmnt is hard but now I have the flow down but the kids won’t play it unless we do co-op. Thank goodness for co-op but I don’t see that here so I don’t want to get a difficult pin they won’t play.

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thank goodness for co-op but I don’t see that here so I don’t want to get a difficult pin they won’t play.

If it helps, Sexton mentioned on a podcast he likes Turtles co-op and will incorporate it later on in LZ code.

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If it helps, Sexton mentioned on a podcast he likes turtles co-op and will incorporate it later on in LZ code.

that’s definitely a plus..I didn’t hear that but any game with co-op Is a win for us. Alice Cooper we use to play co-op a lot on. It was the first pin I had with co-op and it got us hooked

#2150 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Yeah what the heck is up with that?
Post the dang video on YouTube for crying out loud.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.99
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.